The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Age of Ultron and the Avengers were not all that great of movies. I mean it was cool that everybody teamed up but it wasn't as good as Civil War and the most of the stand alone films. I really hope both of the Infinity War movies are better than the Avenger movies

You gotta be smokin rock. Both films were dope although i like the 1st one better they both have good replay value. Cant say the same for this movie.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Age of Ultron and the Avengers were not all that great of movies. I mean it was cool that everybody teamed up but it wasn't as good as Civil War and the most of the stand alone films. I really hope both of the Infinity War movies are better than the Avenger movies

Well Infinity War is being directed by the guys that did The Winter Soldier and Civil War and the other Avengers movies are being directed by the guy that is basically being blamed for all the bad parts of the JL movie. So I think it's safe to say that if you didn't like the first two Avengers movies but did like Civil War, you're more likely to like the Infinity War movies than not.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie was dope as hell! I like that the DC universe does really good at portraying the power of the characters. Like each hit is with such force. Like when Wonder Woman smashed into that room during her intro. The head buts between supes and WW. Every punch Supes landed on Steppenwolf.

Steppenwolf was an excellent villain in my opinion. Powerful, no nonsense type. Looked cool as hell too, not all cartoonish like some Marvel villains (although I like they're villains too, this is just a refreshing change).
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked it. It was definitely enjoyable.

SW was definitely beastin .
  • TheNightKing
    Options
    My initial gripe with these movies was that they threw the characters together with no individual movies to build the characters alone. But I think they did an excellent job here introducing each character to where a standalone for each wasn't needed.

Maybe someone not familiar with the characters would feel differently, idk.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My initial gripe with these movies was that they threw the characters together with no individual movies to build the characters alone. But I think they did an excellent job here introducing each character to where a standalone for each wasn't needed.

Maybe someone not familiar with the characters would feel differently, idk.

I think I know why DC didn't do the whole individual movies. Marvel already did that.

If DC did that, then folks would be griping about how they're copying Marvel's format. They didn't need to do a bunch of solo movies b4 JL.

I like what they did. Straight out the gate wit the crew movie. Folks already know the backstory of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. Like you said, they did a job giving them a backstory w/o doing a standalone.

And for those who griped about the way Cyborg looked, it actually made sense towards the end.

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People keep comparing Steppenwolf to Malekith when the two are very different.

Steppenwolf was very much a general. He was definitely a physical threat but I understood that he was very much just following orders. He had awareness of his surroundings and even a couple opinions on what was happening but he had a mission to carry out.

Malekith on the other hand was a fumble because they could have made him a sympathetic villain who had to reconcile the genocide of his race at the hand on Odin by making the universe hospitable for his remaining people. They touched on it so lightly that you missed it if you blinked. And it's a shame because Ragnorak picked up some of that thread when we saw Odin and Hela killing and conquering worlds. But there's never any call back to the consequences of Odin's past actions of killing off the Frost giants and dark elves. It ended up being a shallow retread of Lord of the Rings, choosing action over character development.

Bottom line, Steppenwolf was used in just the way he was supposed to be used. Some characters don't require an elaborate backstory or a sympathetic perspective. You just need to know what they're doing and why. We got that.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    That Deathstroke movie will be absolute flames if it gets off the ground and Gareth Evans has Iko Uwais to do the fight choreography. Manganiello looked just like Slade.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Yea, that post-credits scene was fire. Deathstroke looked raw
  • soul rattler
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Still a ? villain though.

Ok how is he a ? villain?
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Saying Steppenwolf was a ? villain is like saying Alfred was a ? butler or Detective Gordon was a ? cop.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, that post-credits scene was fire. Deathstroke looked raw

I'm just glad no bucket helmet like the CW version lol
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Saying Steppenwolf was a ? villain is like saying Alfred was a ? butler or Detective Gordon was a ? cop.

ujfua45f5x1u.png

Your statement makes no sense
  • soul rattler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »

ujfua45f5x1u.png

To someone with cognitive dissonance, I'm sure it does.

Imagine if I'm the biggest Gordon fan in the world. I'd be mad as hell saying they ruined his character by not devoting at least half an hour to him.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All these villians stink
  • Ronin705
    Ronin705 Members Posts: 117 ✭✭
    Options
    Outside of Loki, and Lex, we Def need more villains who get locked up instead of killed in an explosion or climatic fight. Homecoming did this perfectly imo
  • Huey_C
    Options

ujfua45f5x1u.png

Imagine if I'm the biggest Gordon fan in the world. I'd be mad as hell saying they ruined his character by not devoting at least half an hour to him.

You're so emotional when it comes to this ? lol. You're too dense to process any type of negative critque of the film. Steppenwolf is the most generic and basic of villains so far in this universe, no debate.
  • TheNightKing
    Options

ujfua45f5x1u.png

You're so emotional when it comes to this ? lol. You're too dense to process any type of negative critque of the film. Steppenwolf is the most generic and basic of villains so far in this universe, no debate.

Doomsday was a villain in this universe, so I think there's plenty to debate.
  • Huey_C
    Options

ujfua45f5x1u.png

Lex Luthor was the main villain in BvS, doomsday was essentially Luthor's vessel of destruction. Doomsday didn't carry the movie.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Do you know who you're talking to?

too_good_for_grumpy_cat.jpg
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you know who you're talking to?

too_good_for_grumpy_cat.jpg

Stop
  • TheNightKing
    edited November 2017
    Options

ujfua45f5x1u.png

Lex Luthor was the main villain in BvS, doomsday was essentially Luthor's vessel of destruction. Doomsday didn't carry the movie.

Lex Luther being the villain isn't saying much either though. Steppenwolf is say is number 2 villain in this movie universe with Zod being number 1 by far.