The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Just finished and im writing this still in the cinema, with the credits rolling

I liked it. I don't see the hate for it. Critics are over reacting or are just Marvel fans

It also flowed better than BvS and I heard there's a Director's Cut. Better editng on here even with two directors

My only complaint would be the CGI. Looked very video gamish in most parts.

Gal Gadot has a lovely sensuality to her. She really had a 'motherly' role with the league.

Ben Affleck will always be a better Batman than Chris Bale to me.

It's a good entertaining movie and was DC themed throughout. I didn't see any copycatting or tryna Marvel humour

It's the Justice League of America

3/5

Icosign on most of the points you made but I have to say it felt rushed . I wish they didn't cut the movie time from154 minutes to 2hours. What wrong with 2 hours ad 30 minutes? Aren't most movies that length of time on the average?. The movie would've flowed better and aqua man flash and cyborg would've been fleshed out more story wise. The movie kinda felt like it had no soul and the jokes seemed forced. When they was about to resurrect Superman an older dude got up and got his two teen kids and his younger kids out of the theatre. I guess the plot was paper thin to him and he just lost patience for the movie. It was okay but not what it could've been. I will cop the directors cut when it drops. I hope that petition pulls through. How many signatures does a petition need?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    If you're a real DC fan just cop the DVD when it drops bro ... you can't fight Hollywood studio politics
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    Funnily enough I was watching Suicide Squad last night on Sky (they have a channel dedicated all weekend to showing every DC movie released currently because of JL)

And the final reel in the credits off SS was a precursor for JL
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I seen this 3 times (one was free fan screening) all three theaters (different locations) seemed to enjoy it. ? these Critics B
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm gonna see it again this upcoming weekend. This time I won't be so high
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    I seen this 3 times (one was free fan screening) all three theaters (different locations) seemed to enjoy it. ? these Critics B

Surprising little ovation/clapping at my local when it finished... people seem to think it's a cool movie
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    http://variety.com/2017/film/news/box-office-justice-league-opens-1202618465/

I really liked JL but I really think movie critics went too hard in the paint on this movie. If I were to take movie critics opinion as 100 I'd never go to the movies. I really think bad word of mouth and swapping directors had a lot to do with how this movie did financially.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie was dope...felt short but not rushed...only seemed like they didn't focus on aquaman's backstory but Mera explaining to him was enough I guess
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I loved it. Hated the fact it was so short. I don’t even have a complaint about steppenwolf he served his purpose. I just couldn’t get past the fact the CGI on Superman’s face was hella obvious. I just wonder wtf happened to the black suit... and why they felt the need to remove that. definitely looking forward to what comes next.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »

I really liked JL but I really think movie critics went too hard in the paint on this movie. If I were to take movie critics opinion as

imo JL may have been better off coming Thanksgiving Weekend for better Box Office numbers domestically
  • IamNumberOne
    Options
    They tell you why steppenwolf is doing what he's doing too so I don't get the critics backlash lol there's only ONE scene I didn't like and it was...
    when the team was fighting Superman and Batman gets tossed and they cut back to him and he said "yup something is definitely bleeding" didn't seem like a Batman thing to say/do plus all the in aww moments he had when it came to Superman while I think about it
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Movie was dope...felt short but not rushed...only seemed like they didn't focus on aquaman's backstory but Mera explaining to him was enough I guess

Can anybody remember wtf they were talking about?
    Apparently Aquaman never been to Atlantis before or even met Mera so would that explain why he was so underutilized? Could it be possible he doesn't know the extent of his abilities yet?

Also

Where the ? was everybody when Steppenwolf attacked Atlantis? For that to be an underwater kingdom it was empty.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »

I really liked JL but I really think movie critics went too hard in the paint on this movie. If I were to take movie critics opinion as

imo JL may have been better off coming Thanksgiving Weekend for better Box Office numbers domestically

JL will make its money , it has no competition for a full month till Stars Wars destroys everything in sight , (maybe Coco since its Disney/Pixar) but not every age group ? with 3D animation like that , it will still draw crowds.
  • IamNumberOne
    Options

Apparently Aquaman never been to Atlantis before or even met Mera so would that explain why he was so underutilized? Could it be possible he doesn't know the extent of his abilities yet?

Also

Where the ? was everybody when Steppenwolf attacked Atlantis? For that to be an underwater kingdom it was empty.
    Something along the lines that his mother was the queen and he said she abandoned him and she says it's her duty to go to the surface and face him after he took the mother box and since she's gone it's now up to him...then he says he's going to need one thing
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was bored throughout... left before the credits rolled...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I just seen it today. Dope movie. DC is 2/2 in 2017 with their films.
  • nujerz84
    Options

Also

Something along the lines that his mother was the queen and he said she abandoned him and she says it's her duty to go to the surface and face him after he took the mother box and since she's gone it's now up to him...then he says he's going to need one thing
    A scene with Aquaman, Mera and William Dafoe Vukol was cut after this scene. Allegedly its where he told by Vukol about his role as king of Atlantis and he gets his Armor/Weapon
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    A lot of aquaman parts been cut.
  • IamNumberOne
    Options
    I seen a video online about deleted scenes and I knew where they belonged when they were explaining them...the DVD cut should be even better...seems like WB is making it an effort to have an extended cut/director's cut for their movies but the publicity is hurting more than anything
  • IamNumberOne
    Options
    aquaman scene when he was sitting on the lasso was one of the best parts of the movie to me lol...felt like he was the most down to earth character
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Also

A scene with Aquaman, Mera and William Dafoe Vukol was cut after this scene. Allegedly its where he told by Vukol about his role as king of Atlantis and he gets his Armor/Weapon

Why the ? would they take that out? That's important idc if you're saving it for the extended version.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Classic, gotdamn @ that headbutt Supes put on Wonder Woman. I don't understand what type of movie critics are

expecting,the mid credit and post credit scenes were great. Flash is still young so he's learning his powers but he's

the most powerful member in the league.