The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Saw the movie. It was ? dope. Loved it. But I will say my peace on the state of the DCEU...

Marvel does it right. Marvel makes you anticipate their movies. Avengers Infinity War is the most anticipated comic book film in history. All because of the art of anticipation. They built up Avengers and there's absolutely no shame in DC using that strategy. Give us solo films of the justice league members first. Build up storylines within each member and connect them with a bigger force. Absolutely no one would care if DC copied Marvel in that respect. No one. And if done right, DC would have done it better. Fans anticipated Thor Ragnorok, even after 2 universally ? films. Even though I liked the first one. Marvel has a formula. Use it. No one would care.

The thing is, I don't think DC needed to build up anticipation for the JL. If they had just made the JL from the start and it was a good movie, it would have have performed extremely well. The existence of BvS and SS is what hurt JL. I honestly think the DCEU could have done the opposite of Marvel and be successful (i.e. release the JL movie to introduce the DCEU and then realease solo movies to capitalize off that beginning).

Maybe that would have worked. My point is Marvel has a formula, so why not use it with better characters? Zack Snyder may be the issue as well. I wouldn't mind a reboot with the same Superman and Wonder Woman.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snyder is the issue. It's not his fault though, whoever hired him simply lacked the insight of the source material...all if not most of Snyder's movies lack colour contrast for example...they're all kinda dark/gloomy...BvSupes would have been brilliant if they showed the contrast between bats / Gotham(dark, corrupt etc) n supes/metropolis(sunny utopia/virtually crimeless etc...optimism vs. Pessimism...someone who always has faith in mankind and leads by example vs. Someone who always expects the worst of men...

The contrast between all these icons would/should have been a great template to start from. Im not saying they should follow the comics cause a lot of comics sucks aswell...

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Did Lex escape from Arkham Asylum ? or Metropolis Prison

Metropolis.

Waller wouldn't have let that go down.

Hook is up with a picture of death stroke or something I'm bored
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    The Mark Kermode review:

https://youtu.be/hsLcTO2a0Ec

"This is the kind of film which, by comparison, Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin is a masterclass in coherence, in character development, in razor sharp storytelling"

Kermode hates superhero movies, he even said TDK was just average.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    i unno why yall think they gotta use marvels formula to be successful. Marvel did that because before the cinematic universe not many people were familiar with the avengers backstories. Everybody knows most of the justice league origins so each person having a movie before JL isnt necessary. I feel like JL perfectly ties up the superman arc and now they can focus on the other characters. MOS was his backstory and intro to earth and its people, BVS was the world feeling like they didnt need him anymore because he could turn on them. and JL shows how much the world actually needed supes and he sees now that he does belong. So in my eyes the 3 movies arc tied it up perfectly and set up the future nice. Each character embraced the fact that their heroes and are viewed as a beacon of hope for people so they no longer have to hide. Not everyone gotta follow marvel, look at the monsters universe that failed.
  • Agrv2385
    Options
    Leaked Justice League Deleted Scenes Feature Iris West & Cyborg VR

https://screenrant.com/justice-league-deleted-scenes-leaked-iris-west-cyborg/
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did Lex escape from Arkham Asylum ? or Metropolis Prison

Metropolis.

Waller wouldn't have let that go down.

it was Arkham Asylum the guard had the logo on his Uniform. Waller in charge of Bell Reve
  • nujerz84
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    There was nothing wrong with the CGI they said.

y2h7g34g503h.jpeg

? didn’t tell me Bizzaro was in the movie.

They say they had to edit his mouth cause he couldn't cut his mustache due to contract restrictions cause he's filming Mission Impossible. Wasted money just because of a dumb mustache smh

Wouldnt be easier to add a beard to the mustache?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snyder is the issue. It's not his fault though, whoever hired him simply lacked the insight of the source material...all if not most of Snyder's movies lack colour contrast for example...they're all kinda dark/gloomy...BvSupes would have been brilliant if they showed the contrast between bats / Gotham(dark, corrupt etc) n supes/metropolis(sunny utopia/virtually crimeless etc...optimism vs. Pessimism...someone who always has faith in mankind and leads by example vs. Someone who always expects the worst of men...

The contrast between all these icons would/should have been a great template to start from. Im not saying they should follow the comics cause a lot of comics sucks aswell...

Metropolis is brighter than Gotham. More optimistic but never crimeless. Don't know where you got that from.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    This was more of a Whedon movie

I disagree.
    All the superman parts were no question Whedon's aside from the rebirth scene. This movie is 75-80% Sndyer IMO.

Nah man it wasn’t Ima post the article that explains it
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Metropolis is brighter than Gotham. More optimistic but never crimeless. Don't know where you got that from.

From imagination land fam. I dwell there every now and than just to make a point.
  • Agrv2385
    Options
    Justice League Fans Petition for Release of Zack Snyder’s Original Cut
    By Ana Dumaraog 20 mins ago 3 Comments

DC fans launch a petition for Warner Bros. to release Zack Snyder’s original cut of Justice League. Now that the last superhero film of the year – and arguably the most anticipated of them all – has finally arrived, critics, fans and even casual moviegoers all have their chance to weigh in on Justice League, which may be the most divisive outing from the genre this year. After the astounding success of Wonder Woman, DC Films once again finds themselves in a precarious situation where their project did not really pan out the way they were hoping it would.

Justice League has gone through a tumultuous production process; from its development all the way until post-production, it was marred with controversy and it’s still awe-inspiring how folks behind the project were able to power through and deliver the movie on time. Sure there were lapses but, all in all, it did what it had to do and that is to set-up the League. Still, many brand it as a failure. Considering all the factors that affected the movie, fans are now demanding to see Snyder’s original cut of the film which was reported months ago to be well-received by the studio execs, until the filmmaker stepped down and passed directorial duties to Joss Whedon.

Taking their request to Change.org, over 32,000 fans have signed the petition as of this writing. According to the petition, they’re calling for the release of not just the original cut of the movie, but Junkie XL’s (the original composer before Danny Elfman stepped in) intended musical score of Justice League as well. Started by Roberto Mata from Puerto Rico, he explained the intention of the petition in the mission statement:

“Justice League is the culmination of the alien’s story and the beginning of a new chapter in the DC Extended Universe. Fans have been waiting for years, while others have waited decades for the film to finally arrive on the silver screen. The 2hr runtime is disrespectful towards Zack Snyder’s vision and towards the fans who have waited for more than a year to see the alien’s story come to an end.

Aquaman The Flash Wonder Woman and Cyborg at Monument in Justice League Justice League Fans Petition for Release of Zack Snyders Original Cut

Warner Bros. has set some kind of precedent for this kind of thing, having released the Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice – Ultimate Edition with a significant number of scenes cut from the theatrical edition of the movie restored. However, Suicide Squad, another movie where much of the director’s original footage was excised and rearranged for the theatrical cut, received no such restored edition.”

The petition is now relevant more than ever following the cast openly talking about their respective scenes cut from the movie, specifically what was to be character-establishing flashbacks for Barry Allen, Victor Stone, and Arthur Curry, which may have helped with critics’ comments about wanting to spend more time with them. Further, the leak of several Justice League deleted scenes from its early days of production further motivates people to want to see Snyder’s initial version of Justice League.

Let’s be clear, however: Justice League reviews are far kinder than those its predecessors received, specifically Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad, and aptly so. The cast’s chemistry was obviously there with all of the actors delivering their performances. But for a supposedly culminating project, it was simply not enough for many. What is more frustrating is that most of the issues could have been resolved with minimal effort. Nevertheless, all moving parts worked pretty well.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol now people are saying Whedon sabotaged this movie on purpose. Smh so much delusion.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's starting to feel like this whole thing is inevitable.

Some people hate it cause it's not like Marvel.

Some people hate it cause it's too much like Marvel.

Some hate it cause it's not the exact replica of whatever version of DC that they love.

Then of course those who don't even like these types of movies.

You combine all of these groups and WB can't tell them apart nor who to appease. Michael Bay, Kevin Feige, even Vin Diesel all had a vision and put people in a position to execute billion dollar franchises. This falls on WB for not being decisive.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Lol now people are saying Whedon sabotaged this movie on purpose. Smh so much delusion.

Snyder Fan Boys in Denial.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's absolutely no reason why a justice league movie should make only 96 mil, WB ? the DCEU over something serious, smh.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The Mark Kermode review:

"This is the kind of film which, by comparison, Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin is a masterclass in coherence, in character development, in razor sharp storytelling"

Kermode liked Wonder Woman and the majority of Man of Steel. He absolutely loves Nolan and rates TDK trilogy massively, Batman Begins especially. He also likes GOTG, Avengers, Thor and championed Kick-Ass, so to say he hates superhero films is simply untrue. He's tried to be less harsh with Snyder after Watchmen, but if he thinks the film is genuinely ? then he will call the film out.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Just finished and im writing this still in the cinema, with the credits rolling

I liked it. I don't see the hate for it. Critics are over reacting or are just Marvel fans

It also flowed better than BvS and I heard there's a Director's Cut. Better editng on here even with two directors

My only complaint would be the CGI. Looked very video gamish in most parts.

Gal Gadot has a lovely sensuality to her. She really had a 'motherly' role with the league.

Ben Affleck will always be a better Batman than Chris Bale to me.

It's a good entertaining movie and was DC themed throughout. I didn't see any copycatting or tryna Marvel humour

It's the Justice League of America

3/5
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mercedes-Benz were endorsers with the vehicles on this jawn. Evident with three of their products...

And someone mentioned Terminator 2 in here...

silas.jpg
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Mark Kermode review:

Kermode liked Wonder Woman and the majority of Man of Steel. He absolutely loves Nolan and rates TDK trilogy massively, Batman Begins especially. He also likes GOTG, Avengers, Thor and championed Kick-Ass, so to say he hates superhero films is simply untrue. He's tried to be less harsh with Snyder after Watchmen, but if he thinks the film is genuinely ? then he will call the film out.

Yeah but to say Schumacher batman and robin is a masterpiece in comparison is a bit of a stretch though. That's harsh.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    At this point I'm sick of Affleck waffling back and forth. Batman movies will still be made long after Justice League. Recast him. People overrate his Batman anyway.

? outta here affleck is a dope ass batman

Dude is average and the sooner you come to grips with that the better. He's not good enough in this role to be going back and forth like this. A younger Batman should have be cast anyway IMO.

stop. nobody agrees so no hush.