IC Stop Making Excuses and Let's Get Healthy Thread

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey Healthy internet friends.

Its been a good 4-5 months of me going to the gym. Decided to take a pic today to compare it to my first day in the gym picture and had some relatively cool results.
    plp88y5bq0x5.png

Ive been doing my morning routine the entire 4-5 months but thinking im going to switch it up here once i find a good routine i can knock out in around an hour and a half. Havent been going in the Afternoons for about 2 weeks now due to gym buddy being a lazy ? , but its been nice getting a break. Going twice a day definitely takes a lot of energy i dont always have. Will hopefully be starting up 2 a days again next week after thanksgiving. Got my family to agree to a Keto thanksgiving this year too! got the dinner all planned out and gonna help my mom prep tomorrow night.

Also scored a date with a very attractive young lady for friday. Nervous af and dont know what to do besides food. Im sure i can win her over with my amazing personality though.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bravo Louis
    Keep going!
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Dont tell me what to do Lem!
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    which side is before and which is after? no diss but the black tee makes it hard to tell

black is very slimming on you. pause lmao
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Black new, gray old
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gotcha. that's what I thought from looking at your arm
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/H3tYq4PVg3Q

About to finish this week off with a full arm work out .
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so ive been doing full body workouts for over a year and then wed this white boy was like you should do arms this day and this the other day. am i doing wrong or right?
  • wmj710
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    so ive been doing full body workouts for over a year and then wed this white boy was like you should do arms this day and this the other day. am i doing wrong or right?

Depends what type of results you are looking to get, and also the frequency you are working your whole body out. You don't want to do that every day.
  • ineedpussy
    Options
    i work out my whole body 4-5 days a week
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Negatory. 3 times max, with a day of rest in between.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you’re able to do that consistently without needing rest days due to soreness then you need to up the intensity of your workouts.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i said it a few pages ago, but if you struggling with trying to get into a routine and establishing good habits, i recommend "starting strength"

since bball season is back in, im not getting in at the rate I was before, but when i get a day, i try to go...

My PRs for Squat, Bench, OHP, and DL are

230lb

180lb

90lb

275lbs 3x
  • ineedpussy
    Options

If you’re able to do that consistently without needing rest days due to soreness then you need to up the intensity of your workouts.

i have soreness on m,w,f cause i do some extra things on those days but in my mind i need to do it that much because i want to lose weight since i cant really do cardio because of my knee. and what do you mean by intensity?
  • wmj710
    Options

i have soreness on m,w,f cause i do some extra things on those days but in my mind i need to do it that much because i want to lose weight since i cant really do cardio because of my knee. and what do you mean by intensity?

What type of knee impairment do you have?
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

3 ways to increase workout intensity: increase weight, increase reps, or decrease rest time between sets
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kettlebell will provide to you cardio muscular training.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    What kinda protein do yall use?? I've been using Whey Isolate, but ive been considering switching it up to a veggie based protein. Found some at costco that is Pea/? Protein and seems to be made with some decently clean ingredients and its decently priced. Would love to see other ideas though. Sorry if ive asked this already.
  • wmj710
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    What kinda protein do yall use?? I've been using Whey Isolate, but ive been considering switching it up to a veggie based protein. Found some at costco that is Pea/? Protein and seems to be made with some decently clean ingredients and its decently priced. Would love to see other ideas though. Sorry if ive asked this already.

? protein is good, I haven't found any that tastes decent lol, but it definitely is a quality alternative.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    wmj710 wrote: »
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

? protein is good, I haven't found any that tastes decent lol, but it definitely is a quality alternative.

Lol thats what im worried about mainly is the taste. I've heard that vegetable based protein is better for the body than Whey protein, but who knows. Figured id give it a shot though. The one at costco is chocolate flavor and im already not too crazy about chocolate flavored protein.
  • wmj710
    Options
    You can mix it up or blend it with other stuff, I'm lazy though, I'll mix some aminos or BCAAs with it in a shaker, and that helps a little .
  • wmj710
    Options
    I'm not sure what type of protein is better, but I'm hearing ? is more efficient, and easily digested.
  • ineedpussy
    Options

i tore my acl and meniscus in august

bro ive been doing the kettlebell since you was pluggin it so much a couple of years ago and mastery did that 10000 swing challenge and said he lost weight and thats when i bought a fifty pound one. im good on that bro but thanks
  • wmj710
    Options
    U

i tore my acl and meniscus in august

bro ive been doing the kettlebell since you was pluggin it so much a couple of years ago and mastery did that 10000 swing challenge and said he lost weight and thats when i bought a fifty pound one. im good on that bro but thanks

You can always hit the battle ropes, mixing that up with some core exercises can get the heart rate up. I like to go 30 seconds on the ropes, do a min plank, throw in some legs lifts or Russian twists, rest for a min and do it again 3 or 4 times.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Lou_Cypher a lot of them taste bland but the one's with the best taste have a lot of carbs. Just remember protein really only helps repair muscles. If your looking to build muscle go heavier and increase your protein but that is not good for the keto diet that you've been on.