Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

I hope this ? ain't just a house ? who the owners picked to get the field ? in line.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ha. Ha .. Ha. hes just one of the good ones who wont make to many waves... thats what they wont they dont want people that are militant.. to be the lead dogs of the cause. they want hand picked agreeable ? .
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I don't want to see Jenkins putting his fist in the air anymore.. This ? is really opening up a White Supremacist John's after what that racist Trump supporter did.. He tried to blame NFL players protests for his ? business losing money.. Smh.. I really wish the Black Panthers would've survived and were still around.. Instead of these kumbaya ass ? ...
  • ghostdog56
    Options
    Eric Reid and that other cat shouldn't have came out publicly with them splitting from the group they should have handled that behind closed doors. But I would like to hear a detailed reason about their grievances because they are in the room and we are not so their could be more to the story.
    So I can't fully disregard what they did until I have all the facts
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like Malcolm excluded Kaepernick from the meetings
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That guy was an agent all along and people like to defend those that get called out
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like Malcolm sold out and was bought off with a Papa Johns franchise. I wonder what Anquan was given
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Owners will put up $250,000 annually and expect players to match that amount, totaling $500,000 for each team. 
  • ghostdog56
    Options

I get where Reid is coming from now but my only question is what's the end game? This was not a protest against the NFL and the NFL can't end racial injustices they were just using the NFL as a platform to bring awareness and its pretty clear that the government gives zero ? about black issues so I want to know is it that he wants the NFL to do more or the government?
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was JUST about to get this dude jersey, too....guess I'll stick with my Javone Kearse.
  • stringer bell
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His statement makes sense.

As long as he committe to doing the work behind the scenes.

Because just kneeling is ? wack.

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ha. Ha .. Ha. hes just one of the good ones who wont make to many waves... thats what they wont they dont want people that are militant.. to be the lead dogs of the cause. they want hand picked agreeable ? .

The Hall... can't stop, won't stop, watching!
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21621783/malcolm-jenkins-philadelphia-eagles-protest-nfl-89m-pledge
    Jenkins won't protest after NFL's $89M pledge

PHILADELPHIA -- Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins does not plan to protest during the national anthem before Sunday's game at the Seattle Seahawks.

Jenkins revealed his intention after the NFL and the Players Coalition, which Jenkins co-founded, joined in a partnership that calls for the league to contribute $89 million over seven years to projects dealing with criminal justice reform, law enforcement/community relations and education.

"I know a lot of people have kind of made a big deal about the money that the league has proposed, but I'm more concerned and more interested in the platform they're proposing," he said. "The reason I started raising my fist in the first place is to draw awareness to injustices in this country, disenfranchised people of color. I wanted to draw awareness.

"And so I think what the league is proposing is a platform and a campaign similar to what they've done with breast cancer awareness, My Cause, My Cleats, Salute to Service, but hopefully in an even bigger manner.

"And if we're able to amplify our voices to showcase those causes, those issues, to highlight grass-roots organizations who are doing the work and need support, to tell the stories of those people who have been wronged or left out, I think that's even more valuable than the cash amount. So hopefully, in good faith, that gets built out."

Jenkins said his decision to no longer raise his fist during the national anthem, as he has done since Week 2 of the 2016 season, applies to this upcoming Sunday.

"All of this really is in good faith, and I think if the league continues to come through or deliver on their word, then I see no need to go back to what I was doing."

Fellow safety Rodney McLeod has joined Jenkins in raising a fist in recent weeks, while defensive end Chris Long has been putting his arm around Jenkins as a sign of support during the anthem since the events in his hometown of Charlottesville, Virginia, this summer.

Jenkins said he was unaware whether his teammates or other members of the Players Coalition, a group of 40-plus men from across the league, will cease their demonstrations.

Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett called it "a great gesture" on the NFL's part to offer $89 million to social justice causes, saying: "I think most organizations aren't trying to find ways to give back, but I guess this is something that the players really want, and the players really want to be a part of, and I think the ownership wants to too, so we're just finding a way to do it."

Several players, including San Francisco 49ers safety Eric Reid, Miami Dolphins safety Michael Thomas and Los Angeles Chargers offensive tackle Russell Okung, broke away from the Players Coalition before the deal was announced because of disagreements over how Jenkins and former receiver Anquan Boldin have handled negotiations. Bennett said he supports both Jenkins and Reid.

According to ESPN's Jim Trotter and Jason Reid, commissioner Roger Goodell was furious over the players leaving the coalition. But during an afternoon call, Jenkins asked that Goodell and the owners continue to stand with the players and allow them to do important work in the community.

"It's been a trying process for the last year and a half," Jenkins said, "and I'm sure even moving forward there's going to be some growing pains and things we need to move through. But at the end of the day, I'm focused on solutions and outcomes. I really want to make an impact in my community. I want to make sure we do it in the right manner and that we accomplish what we set out to do when we first started to protest as players."

The agreement does not include language calling for players to end protests during the national anthem in exchange for funds; there's no implicit quid pro quo, Boldin confirmed, tweeting out a copy of the deal.

But the NFL hopes this effort will effectively end the peaceful yet controversial movement that former quarterback Colin Kaepernick started in 2016, when he refused to stand for the anthem, Trotter and Reid report.

"I think that's going to come down to each and every person," Jenkins said on whether the protests continue. "I know for me, I'm less concerned about the money and more concerned about the awareness, because I feel like the opportunity to use the NFL's stage will draw more money than we'd ever be able to do on our own."
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm confused. Do ya'll think people should be protesting for the sake of protesting? I'm not saying whether he's right or wrong, but if he was protesting because he wanted to see some action and he think the NFL has taken an action that will allow him to do some real good for the cause, how is he wrong to stop kneeling. Kneeling ain't doing ? . Taking millions of dollars from the NFL to help organizations that are out there doing real work just might.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm confused. Do ya'll think people should be protesting for the sake of protesting? I'm not saying whether he's right or wrong, but if he was protesting because he wanted to see some action and he think the NFL has taken an action that will allow him to do some real good for the cause, how is he wrong to stop kneeling. Kneeling ain't doing ? . Taking millions of dollars from the NFL to help organizations that are out there doing real work just might.

Not even going to go into full detail. The NFL hasn't taken any actions yet actually.

Also they set up a 12 person committee for control of the distribution of the money.

The committee breakdown is 5 players, 5 owners or representative of the owner and 2 people from the league office. We all know that the owners and league office are the same. So the players don't even have the majority say so in how and what organizations the money should go to.

Nothing was accomplished if you give up control of the dollars for what you protested for.

That ? didn't kneel by the way he raised his fist.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    they threw money at them and they sold out... a price was put on their protest... ? always put money over the cause. mlk and Rosa parks rollin round in their graves
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    darkskinned ? always cooning out for the white mans approval and he a Que too. smfh
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    they threw money at them and they sold out... a price was put on their protest... ? always put money over the cause. mlk and Rosa parks rollin round in their graves

Do you consider yourself a sell out for watching the games?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Not even going to go into full detail. The NFL hasn't taken any actions yet actually.

Also they set up a 12 person committee for control of the distribution of the money.

The committee breakdown is 5 players, 5 owners or representative of the owner and 2 people from the league office. We all know that the owners and league office are the same. So the players don't even have the majority say so in how and what organizations the money should go to.

Nothing was accomplished if you give up control of the dollars for what you protested for.

That ? didn't kneel by the way he raised his fist.

I hear you, but he obviously feels they are moving forward. If he's wrong, there's nothing stopping him from resuming his protests.