The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they stoppin the protest on the owners terms not on the black players terms. they got bought out
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    they stoppin the protest on the owners terms not on the black players terms. they got bought out

The players protest to raise awareness and to make the NFL donate money to the cause

They did that so how was this not the players terms?

I need some Real answers
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah some of y’all being dense. Nothing wrong with them giving money for the cause that’s great actually . But when the money is given with the caveat that now y’all ? gotta stop protesting it is. At that point it’s legit hush money, not genuine in any way .

The point of protest is to make people uncomfortable. Believe it or not there has always been money given to our “programs” maybe not this big of a lump sum at once but there has. Yeah more money means more programs for our kids, bigger venues for people like Kaep, The Gathering For Justice and others to speak but you know who that reaches only those that are either black or not racist in the first place. Problem won’t ever get remotely solved just off of that.

Of course the NFL can’t stop racism but that is damn near the best demographic to apply the pressure. The kneeling and fists in the air etc. made it impossible for Cacs to just ignore the issue. It’s right in their face and can’t be avoided. It’s in your face every weekend, make fools irate and expose themselves with racist rants on their social media’s getting exposed.

Now everything would just go back to status quo. They knew we have been dealing with these issues for years but when it’s not in your face cacs just gonna ignore the issue. NFL really wanna help make September “Justice month”, let the players wear black apparel, make commercials where players speak on times they or members of their family were treated unjustly. Just like they do for breast cancer, just like they trot them ? up “My uncle Tim was a reserve, I love the military videos” all November . Nope won’t see it.

• Shizlansky
    Options
    To get back to football.

Dak is trash.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Instead of using words like "? " "? " or "house ? " to describe someone else, why not make us aware of your efforts in helping the fight against systemic racism and police brutality of minorities in this country? What are you doing to be the change that you want to see?

man this the internet...you know ? on the net ain't about that kind of life. They just talk.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Kap took a knee to bring light to fight injustice.

A year later they got ALL this money for programs that will help fight injustice.

I really wanna know how this is a bad thing now?

The problem is they don't need all that money to help fight injustice.

Make cops stop killing ? . That ? cost zero dollars.

These checks they give the victims' family members, with our tax dollars, doesn't "help fight injustices".

Stop killing ? , it's free

? them checks...? is an insult to our intelligence.

Wtf how ? ??? How does the nfl get cops to stop killing black ppl?? Do you want them to make cacs less racist as well??
    ? said make cops stop Killin ? :joy: what exactly do yall think the NFL is again?

Maybe, we on a different page. I think the NFL handed out hush money and this ? accepted it without discussing it with everyone else.

? their hush money

They ain't out there taking a knee for "donations".

U definitely on a different page, island, universe, if you think a league that runs professional football, can defeat racism.

I ask again, what is it exactly do you think the NFL is again?

We are on a different page. I don't think the NFL can defeat racism. I think the NFL handed out hush money for a protest that they don't give a dam about and I think the "donations" is a pointless contribution to "get those ? to ? ".

They can use the money on "police training", idk.

Those pigs don't need extra money for training. That's my point

I am on a different page then yall. That ? doesn't cost a dime...a nickle, a quarter, a golden dollar to have "trainers" train pigs to stop killing ? .
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Long story short....

89 million dollars will not stop pigs from killing us. It will not stop injustice.

Jenkins accepting this hush money, without consulting everyone, was loss.

? still dying and getting treated unfairly but hey....we got 89 million funky ass dollars so stand up during the National Anthem.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To get back to football.

Dak is trash.

You trolling or nah. Cuz Dak is far from trash. He jus is who we thought he was. Dude is a game manager.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited December 2017
    Options

A year later they got ALL this money for programs that will help fight injustice.

These checks they give the victims' family members, with our tax dollars, doesn't "help fight injustices".

Wtf how ? ??? How does the nfl get cops to stop killing black ppl?? Do you want them to make cacs less racist as well??
    ? said make cops stop Killin ? :joy: what exactly do yall think the NFL is again?

Maybe, we on a different page. I think the NFL handed out hush money and this ? accepted it without discussing it with everyone else.

? their hush money

U definitely on a different page, island, universe, if you think a league that runs professional football, can defeat racism.

We are on a different page. I don't think the NFL can defeat racism. I think the NFL handed out hush money for a protest that they don't give a dam about and I think the "donations" is a pointless contribution to "get those ? to ? ".

I am on a different page then yall. That ? doesn't cost a dime to have "trainers" train pigs to stop killing ? .

What does this private organization that run a professional football league do to stop cops from Killin black ppl?
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options

The players protest to raise awareness and to make the NFL donate money to the cause

I need some Real answers

The bolded is false. That's your answer. A knee was taken to raise awareness of racial inequality. Not for a paycheck.

Like Aneed mentioned earlier, that ? got purchased.

• NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NFL players cooned out. It is what it is.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    So what is the name end goal for kneeling?

Are they gon take a knee forever?

What about the players that haven’t been protesting. Y’all mad the owners decided to fork over money for programs that we want.

But

Why Y’all still was watching the games and cheering for the teams they own?

Real answers

• Shizlansky
    Options

I need some Real answers

The bolded is false. That's your answer. A knee was taken to raise awareness of racial inequality. Not for a paycheck.

To raise awareness was the original goal and then they want d to nfl to do something.

And that’s exactly what they did. Raised awareness and in the process hurt them white folks pockets.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I need some Real answers

To raise awareness was the original goal and then they want d to nfl to do something.

And that’s exactly what they did. Raised awareness and in the process hurt them white folks pockets.

Not really. 100 mil over 32 teams aint nothing but pocket change.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I need some Real answers

All they really did was move money from the charities they already had going (breast cancer, Salute the Troops, etc.). So I wouldn’t say them pockets are hurting.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited December 2017
    Options

I need some Real answers

I don't want the NFL to do ? but sign Kaep, sit there, ? and watch these protest until they stop killing ? . And I will be tuned in.
  • Shizlansky
    Options

I need some Real answers

I don't wanr the NFL to do ? but sign Kaep, sit there, ? and watch these protest until they stop killing ? . And I will be tuned in.

I respect that
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Yeah some of y’all being dense. Nothing wrong with them giving money for the cause that’s great actually . But when the money is given with the caveat that now y’all ? gotta stop protesting it is. At that point it’s legit hush money, not genuine in any way .

The point of protest is to make people uncomfortable. Believe it or not there has always been money given to our “programs” maybe not this big of a lump sum at once but there has. Yeah more money means more programs for our kids, bigger venues for people like Kaep, The Gathering For Justice and others to speak but you know who that reaches only those that are either black or not racist in the first place. Problem won’t ever get remotely solved just off of that.

Of course the NFL can’t stop racism but that is damn near the best demographic to apply the pressure. The kneeling and fists in the air etc. made it impossible for Cacs to just ignore the issue. It’s right in their face and can’t be avoided. It’s in your face every weekend, make fools irate and expose themselves with racist rants on their social media’s getting exposed.

Now everything would just go back to status quo. They knew we have been dealing with these issues for years but when it’s not in your face cacs just gonna ignore the issue. NFL really wanna help make September “Justice month”, let the players wear black apparel, make commercials where players speak on times they or members of their family were treated unjustly. Just like they do for breast cancer, just like they trot them ? up “My uncle Tim was a reserve, I love the military videos” all November . Nope won’t see it.

Well said.
  • Stew
    Options

I need some Real answers

I don't wanr the NFL to do ? but sign Kaep, sit there, ? and watch these protest until they stop killing ? . And I will be tuned in.

I respect that

He came a long way from wanting the NFL to get cops to stop Killin ? to just wanting to see kaep signed. Proud of him
  • Myndset
    Myndset Members Posts: 177 ✭✭
    Options
    A lot of passion behind the kneeling and what has come out of the protest, but let’s talk football man.

HOW ‘BOUT THEM COWBOYS!

? the deadskins and the ? ass saints fan. ? that midget Brees.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? their hush money

I am on a different page then yall. That ? doesn't cost a dime to have "trainers" train pigs to stop killing ? .

What does this private organization that run a professional football league do to stop cops from Killin black ppl?

You can’t be this dense. The platform can be used to bring awareness like the patriotic ? , breast cancer pink ? and domestic violence PSA’s.

Give the players a month and allow them to wear custom cleats and money
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Myndset wrote: »
    A lot of passion behind the kneeling and what has come out of the protest, but let’s talk football man.

HOW ‘BOUT THEM COWBOYS!

? the deadskins and the ? ass saints fan. ? that midget Brees.

Random! LOL!
  • Stew
    Options

? their hush money

You can’t be this dense. The platform can be used to bring awareness like the patriotic ? , breast cancer pink ? and domestic violence PSA’s.

Give the players a month and allow them to wear custom cleats and money

That ? stoppin domestic violence? Lol If you think that's gonna stop cops from Killin black ppl I gotta bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.