• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Patrick Joyner decomitted from FSU. Time for Diaz to lock him up
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A 200-pound end, though? He's nice like that?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    ? like this is why I say the field should be expanded to, like, 16 schools. 4 schools is not a real playoff, it's a BCS play-in.

Nah the sole reason college football is so great is that every game could be make or break weather it is the Iron Bowl or a ? ass cake walk vs Iowa that your team blows like Ohio state. I don't even think it should be 6 teams. You need the controversy and tight margins of only picking 4 teams.

Not saying the NFL should copy the final 4 format because it is fine. But a 4 team playoff in any pro sport would add so much more meaning to the regular season. Football fans are hypocritical as ? . They are sick of participation trophies in sports and don't want football to be tough. But then their team gets boxed out of this playoff and they start ? about how the playoff needed to be expanded.

The only reason any fanbase should ? is if they are undefeated in a power 5 conference and they don't get in. Other than that if you have 2 losses or even 1 loss you shouldn't have an automatic bid. Strive for perfection or don't ? .
    Nobody's perfect, though, and apparently perfection doesn't mean anything when you look at UCF and how they didn't get anywhere close to the playoff even though they went undefeated. A 4-team playoff is just a finessed BCS system, ? is wack. If you get a real playoff system then you have to settle all of that speculation ? on the field. Ain't nothing participating trophy about beating the best in a postseason tournament to claim a national championship, and if you get smashed, then at least you tried.

As a Uconn football fan i can tell you that UCF isn't a top 4 or even top 6 team. the AAC isn't a power 5 conference so i don't think that UCF team should make it. I think if a non power 5 team like UCF goes undefeated i think they should be able to get in if they actually have a quality win against a top notch power 5 team. But any Big 12, Big 10, SEC, or ACC team that goes undefeated should be in automatically.

An actual playoff system would ruin the importance of the regular season in D1 college football. When Uconn moved up to Division 1 from FCS one of the reasons i fell in love with following college football more was because one loss was the equivalent to 1 stutter in a rap battle. ? just 1 or 2 extra teams in the playoff would have ruined the importance of the last 2 weekends.
  • So ILL
    Options
    ? like this is why I say the field should be expanded to, like, 16 schools. 4 schools is not a real playoff, it's a BCS play-in.

Nah the sole reason college football is so great is that every game could be make or break weather it is the Iron Bowl or a ? ass cake walk vs Iowa that your team blows like Ohio state. I don't even think it should be 6 teams. You need the controversy and tight margins of only picking 4 teams.

Not saying the NFL should copy the final 4 format because it is fine. But a 4 team playoff in any pro sport would add so much more meaning to the regular season. Football fans are hypocritical as ? . They are sick of participation trophies in sports and don't want football to be tough. But then their team gets boxed out of this playoff and they start ? about how the playoff needed to be expanded.

The only reason any fanbase should ? is if they are undefeated in a power 5 conference and they don't get in. Other than that if you have 2 losses or even 1 loss you shouldn't have an automatic bid. Strive for perfection or don't ? .
    Nobody's perfect, though, and apparently perfection doesn't mean anything when you look at UCF and how they didn't get anywhere close to the playoff even though they went undefeated. A 4-team playoff is just a finessed BCS system, ? is wack. If you get a real playoff system then you have to settle all of that speculation ? on the field. Ain't nothing participating trophy about beating the best in a postseason tournament to claim a national championship, and if you get smashed, then at least you tried.

As a Uconn football fan i can tell you that UCF isn't a top 4 or even top 6 team. the AAC isn't a power 5 conference so i don't think that UCF team should make it. I think if a non power 5 team like UCF goes undefeated i think they should be able to get in if they actually have a quality win against a top notch power 5 team. But any Big 12, Big 10, SEC, or ACC team that goes undefeated should be in automatically.

An actual playoff system would ruin the importance of the regular season in D1 college football. When Uconn moved up to Division 1 from FCS one of the reasons i fell in love with following college football more was because one loss was the equivalent to 1 stutter in a rap battle. ? just 1 or 2 extra teams in the playoff would have ruined the importance of the last 2 weekends.
    I disagree. Teams were playing for a top 4 spot, yes, but a bigger field would let you see if UCF is a contender or pretender. And FCS is Division 1, only reason UConn moved to FBS was cause they have the resources. They wasn't moving in FCS to move to FBS cause they were cold like Appalachian State or Marshall did. They'd get washed by a bunch of FCS schools right now. Hell, a school like UConn would benefit from an expanded field.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-ort2-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/24291669_1467503053348637_228506818713730_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=d8917c1c1dbc9a3934228765dbd68287&oe=5A8F5417[/img]

We lost to them in 2009 in a bowl game. Big 10 size vs Florida speed
    Speed kills, the Big 10 of all conferences should know. Miami got at them off raw talent that year even though the underachieved like a ? under Shannon.

I think that's the game Wisconsin won and many of the Miami players were huddled around the heaters even though it was only 65 degrees.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Ohio State vs USC in the Rose bowl.

It might get ugly

As long as they don’t try to press this as a showcase for Darnold heisman campaign for next year.

Let RoJo eat.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    A 200-pound end, though? He's nice like that?

We're gonna use him as a linebacker
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ohio state beat #2 (at tha time)Penn state
    Ohio state beat #3 Wisconsin last night
    Yeah they lost ta Iowa & oklahoma ( but again ok was a top 6-7 team when they played) bama unfortunately did not play tha level of credible ranked teams that Ohio state played.
  • So ILL
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    [img]https://scontent-ort2-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/24291669_1467503053348637_228506818713730_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=d8917c1c1dbc9a3934228765dbd68287&oe=5A8F5417[/img]

We lost to them in 2009 in a bowl game. Big 10 size vs Florida speed
    Speed kills, the Big 10 of all conferences should know. Miami got at them off raw talent that year even though the underachieved like a ? under Shannon.

I think that's the game Wisconsin won and many of the Miami players were huddled around the heaters even though it was only 65 degrees.
    That cold hit Florida ? different. They're up here in Illinois talmbout I'm crazy for wearing basketball shorts when it's in 40's lol.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah they lost ta Iowa & oklahoma ( but again ok was a top 6-7 team when they played) bama unfortunately did not play tha level of credible ranked teams that Ohio state played.

but bama played fl state who was ranked #3... many folk picked them to beat bama...but cuz of agenda folk give bama no credit for that win. lsu was ranked miss st was ranked. aub was ranked . add in bama was number 1damn near the whole season. we didn't get blowed out by oklahima or iowa
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ohio State lost to unranked Iowa and Bama lost to #6 ranked at the time Auburn, just stop it!
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

but bama played fl state who was ranked #3... many folk picked them to beat bama...but cuz of agenda folk give bama no credit for that win. lsu was ranked miss st was ranked. aub was ranked . add in bama was number 1damn near the whole season. we didn't get blowed out by oklahima or iowa

Tha Florida state win would have held sum weight if they were not a 6-6 team at tha end
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ohio State didn't lose to Iowa, they got their ass kicked by Iowa. There is a difference.

Hung half a hundred on em
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you wanna say Bama is a better cool but Ohio St clearly has a better resume
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Who y’all beat?

USC has a better resume than Ohio State

They caught 2 Ls. That ? is terrible. One at home and got dominated by Iowa.

Tell me how that’s better?
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Who y’all beat?

Ohio State got 3 wins over teams in the top 15 right now. Bama best win is y'all mediocre ass
  • aneed123
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

Tha Florida state win would have held sum weight if they were not a 6-6 team at tha end

hindsight is 20/20... they were number 3 when bama played them correct? their qb got hurt ruining they season right? espn picked them to beat bama right? i remember the pass usc got last year when we drilled them and darnold aint play all this oh they a better team with him etc.. but the same aint said for fl state i wonder why
  • aneed123
    edited December 2017
    Options
    also u see how Wisconsin was bashed the last couple weeks bout they strength of schedule now to boost up ohio st resume all is forgotten..? be hilarious
  • aneed123
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Who y’all beat?

Ohio State got 3 wins over teams in the top 15 right now. Bama best win is y'all mediocre ass

They have Ls

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I disagree. Teams were playing for a top 4 spot, yes, but a bigger field would let you see if UCF is a contender or pretender. And FCS is Division 1, only reason UConn moved to FBS was cause they have the resources. They wasn't moving in FCS to move to FBS cause they were cold like Appalachian State or Marshall did. They'd get washed by a bunch of FCS schools right now. Hell, a school like UConn would benefit from an expanded field.

UCF will be exposed as a pretender in the outback bowl.

An expanded field encourages the Iowas (few years back) and UCF's to not schedule harder out of conference games in order to made the final 4. Only allowing 4 teams in encourages teams not in the SEC or big 10 to really go ahead and play a kickoff game vs a quality school or to play a semi decent team on the road to get a solid road win instead of making them come to their home field.

College football is a sport where you need 30 to 40 plus players to be really really good and only so many teams can be solid top to bottom. Having every loss literally be the possible end to your season helps make the product more entertaining when a top notch team like Ohio State faces an average team like Iowa months before the title game.

The fact that UCF doesn't get in and Ohio state gets left out is what fuels the talk after the games and encourages every school to strive for perfection and build a harder schedule.

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You SEC ? eaters are ? disgusting. We beat top 15 teams the last 3 weeks of the season. What did Bama do recently other than lose to 3 loss Auburn? The Florida State win holds no weight, barely slipped by Mississpi State and LSU aint really all that. Meanwhile we beat undefeated Wisconsin to win our conference championship, a conference that's tougher than the SEC. We beat Penn State when they were undefeated and ranked in the top 4 more than half way through the season. Faced a true tough non conference team in Oklahoma (I don't care when the schedule was made or what the pre season rankings were) unlike Bama. Beat our rival Michigan unlike Bama who lost to their rival Auburn. Yea I think we got way more quality wins and way tougher strength of schedule if we're being real. The Iowa loss is something that I can't explain but when you end the season beating Michigan St, Michigan and Wisconsin you should get in over the team with the weak schedule that lost their last game.

But hey, I'm not complaining. Bama will get claptized by Clemson. Matter fact both SEC teams likely to lose and my squad get a nice Bowl win over USC in the Cotton Bowl and reload next year.. JK Dobbins broke freshman rushing record held by Maurice Clarett. Dwyane Haskins looked good against Michigan, hope we can bring a lot of the defense back so we ready. I knew when we lost to Iowa are chances were slim to get to the playoffs and we woulda needed Alabama to beat Auburn and win the SEC ship against Georgia for us to get in. That didn't happen. I'm very content but I'm also confident my team better than Alabama (a team we beat easily the last time we played each other :) )
  • So ILL
    Options

UCF will be exposed as a pretender in the outback bowl.

An expanded field encourages the Iowas (few years back) and UCF's to not schedule harder out of conference games in order to made the final 4. Only allowing 4 teams in encourages teams not in the SEC or big 10 to really go ahead and play a kickoff game vs a quality school or to play a semi decent team on the road to get a solid road win instead of making them come to their home field.

College football is a sport where you need 30 to 40 plus players to be really really good and only so many teams can be solid top to bottom. Having every loss literally be the possible end to your season helps make the product more entertaining when a top notch team like Ohio State faces an average team like Iowa months before the title game.

The fact that UCF doesn't get in and Ohio state gets left out is what fuels the talk after the games and encourages every school to strive for perfection and build a harder schedule.
    Schedule strength is irrelevant considering schools schedule years in advance. That team that you think is good when you schedule them might fall off 5 years down, or run into injuries and ? up their season. And none of that means ? if you don't beat who's on your schedule. Iowa this year still wouldn't have made an expanded field, UCF would have.
  • So ILL
    Options
    Hell, an expanded playoff field might make schools actually schedule meaningful non-conference games since there is a bigger margin for error. ? can stop scheduling trash schools and play somebody worth a damn and give people a good game and not worry about losing instead of putting a glorified practice on the schedule cause they know they'll stay perfect.