Mueller Impanels Grand Jury in Russia Investigation. Don Jr first up on that Summer Jam Screen…

Options

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is stupid....there s no such thing as equivalency in terms of law....also he needs to stop snitching
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    https://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-lawyer-the-president-cannot-obstruct-justice/
    Trump Lawyer: The ‘President Cannot Obstruct Justice’

Following a week in which President Donald Trump tweeted incessantly about the charges levied against former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, his lawyer John Dowd defended his client with a novel defense.

Speaking with Mike Allen of Axios, Dowd declared that the “President cannot obstruct justice because he is the chief law enforcement officer under [the Constitution’s Article II] and has every right to express his view of any case.”

Trump reacted to news that Flynn pleaded guilty to the charges by tweeting that he knew the former lieutenant general lied to the FBI. Many pointed out that Trump’s tweet could constitute obstruction of justice, as he admitted that he knew Flynn lied to the FBI at the time of his firing.

“The tweet did not admit obstruction,” Dowd told Axios. “That is an ignorant and arrogant assertion.”

After Trump’s tweet set of a firestorm of speculation, The Washington Post reported that Dowd, not the president, had actually written it. That should be taken with some skepticism, given how insanely reckless the tweet is worded, and how incriminating is seems.

As Allen notes, “Trump’s legal team is clearly setting the stage to say the president cannot be charged with any of the core crimes discussed in the Russia probe: collusion and obstruction. Presumably, you wouldn’t preemptively make these arguments unless you felt there was a chance charges are coming.”

Man lol this ? stupid as ? too...I'm tired of this incompetence. But all this is gonna come down to this....essentially the president can move as he wants but also no citizen in the US is above the law....the ramifications will affect the US moving forward
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm legit surprise he doesn't say "but...her emails" more often.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stay tune for a new episode, (15 mins from the last new episode) of " As Trump Tweets" and the spinoff "But Hillary"
  • Broddie
    edited December 2017
    Options
    He can't even speak right the ? nitwit.

The proper verbiage for what he's trying to say would be: "I feel bad for General Flynn; I feel very bad."

What he actually said implies that he has strong feelings for Mike Flynn not that he feels sorry for him.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/bharara-trump-lawyer-ludacris
    Preet Bharara: Trump Lawyer Has A History Of ‘Ludicrous’ Assertions

The former U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, Preet Bharara, on Monday disputed a claim by a lawyer for President Donald Trump that the President “cannot obstruct justice because he is the chief law enforcement officer.”

“I have a lot of experience with John Dowd,” Bharara said in an interview with NPR’s Steve Inskeep, referring to Trump’s lawyer. “He represented some high profile people in cases before my office. And he said then, as he’s saying now, a lot of incorrect, mistaken and, on occasion, ludicrous things, so I don’t put a lot of stock in it.”

“The mere fact that the President is the President doesn’t immunize him from an accusation of obstruction,” Bharara added.

Trump fired Bharara in March after he refused to step down at the President’s request. Trump had originally promised Bharara that he would keep his job as U.S. attorney.

Dowd on Sunday claimed responsibility for drafting a tweet sent from Trump’s Twitter account in which Trump claimed to have fired former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn “because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI.”

The President hadn’t previously claimed to know that Flynn had lied to the FBI prior to his firing. Bharara explained the significance of the tweet.

“It matters because it’s a change from what the reasoning was that was given by the President in the first place,” he said. “A few days after [Flynn] became the national security adviser, the President said only that he’d fired Michael Flynn because he had lied to the vice president.”

“And now you have the interjection of a new reason, apparently, which was that he knew, the President knew, that there was a lie to the FBI, which then suggests, that if he did that and knew that before he asked Jim Comey, the FBI director, to back off the investigation— That shows a level of knowledge and intent that was previously unknown,” he said.

Obstruction of justice, Bharara added, is “clearly one of the things that’s being looked at by special counsel Mueller and his team.”

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All these lies. Lies ontop of lies. Lies, lies lies and more lies.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prosecutors want Manafort bail deal pulled after contact with Russian.Because he was ghost writing in editorial in violation of his plea agreement.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

The proper verbiage for what he's trying to say would be: "I feel bad for General Flynn; I feel very bad."

What he actually said implies that he has strong feelings for Mike Flynn not that he feels sorry for him.

Dork
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yooo they caught this ? manafort writing ? with a russian tied to the Russian government...they are no longer making deals with him.

Sweet jeezuz is every last one of them superstupid?
  • Broddie
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Dork

tumblr_mjkl23CcWg1s8nfcgo1_400.gif
  • marc123
    edited December 2017
    Options
    lol. But yea. When trump speaks w/o a script or off the cuff, he sounds like an idiot. I was watchin some vid on youtube awhile back n ppl were sayin trump speaks at a 4th grade level.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    lol. But yea. When trump speaks w/o a script or off the cuff, he sounds like an idiot. I was watchin some vid on youtube awhile back n ppl were sayin trump speaks at a 4th grade level.

"But but but he speaks my language"
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Nah he keeps it real"
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Yooo they caught this ? manafort writing ? with a russian tied to the Russian government...they are no longer making deals with him.

Sweet jeezuz is every last one of them superstupid?

I do not know if it is arrogance or stupidity or both.
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothings gonna happen ya'll.

Start building strength in your community and eating the rich.

• marc123
    Options
    FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Special Counsel Robert Mueller has asked Deutsche Bank to share data on accounts held by U.S. President Donald Trump and his family, a person close to the matter said on Tuesday.

Germany’s largest bank received a subpoena from Mueller several weeks ago to provide information on certain money and credit transactions, the person added, confirming a report by German daily Handelsblatt published on Tuesday.

Deutsche Bank, which has loaned the Trump organization millions of dollars for real estate ventures, said it would not comment on any of its clients.

Deutsche Bank rejected demands in June by U.S. House Democrats to provide details of Trump’s finances, citing privacy laws.

Mueller is investigating alleged Russian attempts to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election and potential collusion by Trump aides.

Russia has denied meddling in the election and Trump has said there was no collusion

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-deutsche-bank-mueller_us_5a269325e4b07324e84082dc?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

follow the money! This gonna get good
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what if Obama had all this going on his first year in office? better yet what if it was all just rumors and no actual proof? they would been have had him out of office before his first year was over
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Huey_C

You're always negging me.

So, let's all be adults here. We know that guilty people are found innocent all the time. Let's say Trump is guilty of everything that he's accused of and more, then what? (FYI, he's a ? )

We gonna' act like dark money hasn't been informing American politics for the past 100 years or more?

We gonna' make substantive changes in the way we practice democracy?

Nahhhhh!

We'll end up with Mike Pence and the same GOP that has been trying to ? us for the past 50 years.

And who's gonna' save us?

Democrats?

These ? democrats?

They just lost a thousand ? seats nationwide.

They are also on the take.

Some harm reduction would have been nice this past election, but the GOP is on pace to create a permanent aristocratic class and anything short of throwing hands is looking like performative ? from the democrats.

I believed in this ? at one point, but you can burn it all down now.

Citizens are out here like: "the FBI is gonna save us from Trump:

And the FBI and Trump are like:

osy1pdcls73z.jpg

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pence was the Christian image needed for Trump. When Trump is gone, Pence steps in. This shitstorm continues with Trump/Russia playing in the background.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Pence was the Christian image needed for Trump. When Trump is gone, Pence steps in. This shitstorm continues with Trump/Russia playing in the background.
    (Nope) wrote: »
    @Huey_C

You're always negging me.

So, let's all be adults here. We know that guilty people are found innocent all the time. Let's say Trump is guilty of everything that he's accused of and more, then what? (FYI, he's a ? )

We gonna' act like dark money hasn't been informing American politics for the past 100 years or more?

We gonna' make substantive changes in the way we practice democracy?

Nahhhhh!

We'll end up with Mike Pence and the same GOP that has been trying to ? us for the past 50 years.

And who's gonna' save us?

Democrats?

These ? democrats?

They just lost a thousand ? seats nationwide.

They are also on the take.

Some harm reduction would have been nice this past election, but the GOP is on pace to create a permanent aristocratic class and anything short of throwing hands is looking like performative ? from the democrats.

I believed in this ? at one point, but you can burn it all down now.

Citizens are out here like: "the FBI is gonna save us from Trump:

And the FBI and Trump are like:

osy1pdcls73z.jpg

I dont think yall understand the grand scope of whats at hand. This is going to be extremely far reaching. Top Republican establishment my not survive this investigation. Trump waged a war against the IC, best believe they have crazy amounts of evidence on this dude.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pence, if he survives this, will be so toxic he'll at best be an ineffective lame duck president.