Isn't Today Ether Day?

Options

Comments

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao @ folks tryna debate if nas really had a 1 hot album every 10 year average.

bruh dropped his debut in 94, takeover was 01. He was only out for 7 years at that point but it's a dope line
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    lmao @ folks tryna debate if nas really had a 1 hot album every 10 year average.

bruh dropped his debut in 94, takeover was 01. He was only out for 7 years at that point but it's a dope line

Nas had been rapping since 1991 by 2001. That's where both "you been in it 10/I've been in it 5" and "I got this locked since '91" even came from.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guys guys come on man let's not bring this ? from the Mase thread in here
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Almost approaching 20 years and y’all still talkin about a beef that was deaded a decade ago. I’m dead.

We still talk about Moe Dee vs Busy Bee, LL vs Moe Dee, Pac vs Biggie etc and all are older than 20 years.
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »

Nas had been rapping since 1991 by 2001. That's where both "you been in it 10/I've been in it 5" and "I got this locked since '91" even came from.

Ironically Jay-Z had appeared on songs as early as 1986. He had been in the game for 15 years at that point.

Lol but he's a 80s baby?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ironically Jay-Z had appeared on songs as early as 1986. He had been in the game for 15 years at that point.

That's why that line doesn't make sense.

Is Jay going by when he first appeared on a song or when his first album was released?

Illmatic came out in 94 and Nastradamus came out in 99.

No matter which way you look at it, that line doesn't make sense.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

That's why that line doesn't make sense.

Is Jay going by when he first appeared on a song or when his first album was released?

Illmatic came out in 94 and Nastradamus came out in 99.

No matter which way you look at it, that line doesn't make sense.

The line makes sense when you say it right

"YOU said you been in this 10 I been in it 5" he using the timeline Nas set for himself not a timeline Jay made up for him.... But continue
  • 5 Grand
    edited December 2017
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »

The line makes sense when you say it right

"YOU said you been in this 10 I been in it 5" he using the timeline Nas set for himself not a timeline Jay made up for him.... But continue

The only reason I'm going to entertain this debate is because of Ether day.

There are two elements of the bar that don't make sense:

1. "one hot album" -One hot album doesn't make sense because Illmatic and It Was Written are both considered classics

2. "10 year average" - 10 Year Average doesn't make sense because his first album was in 94 and his 4th album came out in 99. You can't include cameos and posse jams when averaging somebody's albums. Cameos and posse jams have nothing to do with albums.

• GetoBoy
    edited December 2017
    Options
    1. Both aren't considerd classics to everybody IC vault ain't law even tho I know some of y'all think it is

2. If NAS SAID he been in it 10 then NAS is the one discounting 94 so that would mean he not making sense about himself since he the one that said it

So again it makes sense unless you just wanna ignore things and make your own version up
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMFAO @ “Jigga math”
  • GetoBoy
    edited December 2017
    Options
    1. Both aren't considerd classics to everybody IC vault ain't law even tho I know some of y'all think it is

2. If NAS SAID he been in it 10 then NAS is the one discounting 94 so that would mean he not making sense about himself since he the one that said it

So again it makes sense unless you just wanna ignore things and make your own version up

1. No album in any genre is considered a classic to everybody but objective hip hop listeners can deduce that Illmatic and It Was Written are both great rap albums and I Am wasn't a bad album either, just not on the level of the previous two. But it did well commercially anyway. Even then how is it a 10 year average when the albums dropped between 94 and 99 or you could stretch to 2001 when Takeover dropped but still not close to 10 years.

2. If Jay wants to go by Nas criteria of how long he been in the game based on when he had a guest feature he should have said "you been in it 10, I been in it 15".. how you apply completely different criteria to yourself? Lmao

These the bars Jigga Warriors try to pass as "facts" clinging for desperate life to take the W. Just accept the L and move on. Take Over was a great record but Nas won the battle by popular vote.

? said desperate for a W you think I'm losing sleep over who ? on here think won a battle the rappers themselves is over??? You fools have created a damn holiday you think I care or expect to really get to you lol
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? tries so hard to make people think he’s an old head it’s sad.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1. No album in any genre is considered a classic to everybody but objective hip hop listeners can deduce that Illmatic and It Was Written are both great rap albums and I Am wasn't a bad album either, just not on the level of the previous two. But it did well commercially anyway. Even then how is it a 10 year average when the albums dropped between 94 and 99 or you could stretch to 2001 when Takeover dropped but still not close to 10 years.

2. If Jay wants to go by Nas criteria of how long he been in the game based on when he had a guest feature he should have said "you been in it 10, I been in it 15".. how you apply completely different criteria to yourself? Lmao

These the bars Jigga Warriors try to pass as "facts" clinging for desperate life to take the W. Just accept the L and move on. Take Over was a great record but Nas won the battle by popular vote.

? said desperate for a W you think I'm losing sleep over who ? on here think won a battle the rappers themselves is over??? You fools have created a damn holiday you think I care or expect to really get to you lol

No, just wondering why you're trying to say the math makes sense and it factual when you could just be like "he's exaggerating for the purpose of insult"
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Well you cared enough to click on the thread and post a comment
  • GetoBoy
    Options

No, just wondering why you're trying to say the math makes sense and it factual when you could just be like "he's exaggerating for the purpose of insult"

Where did I say anything about math I said the line made sense... If you say you been making thread's for 10 years and I think you only have made one good thread I'ma say you've made 1 good thread every 10 year avg and that's so LAAAAAMMMMEEEE.... The line makes sense the math is semantics depending on who timeline you wanna use but this is a bash Jay holiday so obviously we gonna go with the Nas version
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Well you cared enough to click on the thread and post a comment

Did me doing that make you feel special or something you finally got a thread you not getting clowned in kudos
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where did I say anything about math I said the line made sense... If you say you been making thread's for 10 years and I think you only have made one good thread I'ma say you've made 1 good thread every 10 year avg and that's so LAAAAAMMMMEEEE.... The line makes sense the math is semantics depending on who timeline you wanna use but this is a bash Jay holiday so obviously we gonna go with the Nas version

But what about the I been in it 5 part?? The math isn't semantics. You literally can't include 1991 in the album making average because he didn't have an album in 1991.

It's ok for you to celebrate the holiday with us mane. It's not that serious I promise. You sounding like you took it to heart like you were in the Rocafella offices and everything. You gotta be able to take L's on the chin and keep it moving like Mr. Carter did.
  • GetoBoy
    edited December 2017
    Options

But what about the I been in it 5 part?? The math isn't semantics. You literally can't include 1991 in the album making average because he didn't have an album in 1991.

It's ok for you to celebrate the holiday with us mane. It's not that serious I promise. You sounding like you took it to heart like you were in the Rocafella offices and everything. You gotta be able to take L's on the chin and keep it moving like Mr. Carter did.

You got all that from me discussing a line?? You ? be more overdramatic then women I can say Jay took a L all day what that gotta do with that line making sense which is all I've talked about not who won or lost?? Man nevermind I keep forgetting maturity is at a premium on the internet smh