According to Dr. Umar, the black church as a collective takes in $14 Million dollars every Sunday...

Options

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Y’all worst than women with this

He’s a fraud, where’s the school, mhmmm.....

lol takes literally .2 seconds to pull up all the latest interviews where he answers the school questions....

Y’all want to see the school so bad just so y’all can point out all of the faults and all of the things that may not be there that he said was...find somebody else to hate on man......

First he doesn’t have his PhD...that was proven with a simple request to the registry that holds that information....now y’all stuck on the school....if his plan is to still build the school and he does y’all will move on to something else....find a white man to hate on or something ....

Someone pull up that last thread about him with his phd
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »
    if they getting all that money every members bill shoukd be paid and no one should be homeless

every member huh?

no one should be homeless huh?

you dont know me like that fam...this a hill i will die on...you ready for this convo or nah?

yup every member... they paying they tithes struggling and poor whole the pastors ballin in jets and ? . backwards ass ?

you DONT HAVE TO MAKE MONETARY TITHES

if you dont have it to give, dont give ...its that simple...what they gon do...kick you out?

People are missing the entire point of what the tithe is supposed to be anyway

dont matter... church spose to help folk.. quick to take folk money but give no ? when u homeless or down and out. im still waiting on the youth gym my pastor lied about building for the youth members back in 94... they took all the folk building fund money tho. at the end of the day if it's really about caring outreach compassion etc... no member should be down and out if the pastor ballin... aint not if ands or buts bout it

brah, either call that man out, or go to another church

just stop

the church i attend gives you yearly statements for your tithes and offerings, they have after school programs where they not only tutor children, but they feed them as well.

this same church has also given away $2500 worth of gas to people. We literally posted up at a gas station, had signs, and told people to pull up and get their tanks filled with gas. The only limit was once we reached $2500, that was it. This was a community outreach effort. NONE of these people were members of the church. You didnt have to give anything, no money, no information, or nothing.

That same day, across town, other members of the church were passing out jambalaya plates at stoplights. FREE of charge.

Again, there are good churches, there are bad churches. Good pastors, bad pastors

stop lumping everybody under the same umbrella
  • AP21
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    if they getting all that money every members bill shoukd be paid and no one should be homeless

every member huh?

you dont know me like that fam...this a hill i will die on...you ready for this convo or nah?

yup every member... they paying they tithes struggling and poor whole the pastors ballin in jets and ? . backwards ass ?

if you dont have it to give, dont give ...its that simple...what they gon do...kick you out?

Actually yes ? !!!

92-year-old woman kicked out of church for not tithing
    BAINBRIDGE, GA (WALB) -
    A 92-year-old woman is no longer allowed to worship at the church where she was a member for more than 50 years because she was not tithing.

Josephine King said that was the reason she was kicked out of Bainbridge's First African Baptist Church.

Her family members said they hope the situation will bring change to churches across the nation.

“Josephine King is no longer considered a member of the First African Baptist Church of Bainbridge, Georgia,” read Gerald Simmons, as he skimmed over the letter addressed to his aunt.

The letter, signed by Senior Pastor Derrick Mike, stated that Ms. King "has shown non-support" towards the church in the areas of "constant and consistent financial and physical participation."

"She was stunned. She was disappointed. She was shocked," said Simmons.

He said Ms. King was considered sick and a shut-in for several months, which was the reason for her lack of attendance.

He also said his aunt had gone above and beyond in the past to financially support the church.

"You shouldn't chase the individuals down," said Simmons. "You shouldn't do that. If that's the case, you're money hungry."

Simmons also noted that his aunt isn't the first person to receive a letter of removal for not tithing, and hopes her story will shed some light on the policy.

"You have to have money to make these churches run, but it's not about money,” Simmons said. "It's about ? . You have to put ? first."

Several requests for comment from the church were made, but no responses by officials or other members were given.

http://www.walb.com/story/29762845/92-year-old-woman-kicked-out-of-church-for-not-tithing

Here is one more
    Florida church sends collection notices to ‘delinquent’ tithers
    A Tampa woman is outraged after she says she received a collection notice in the mail from her local church ordering her to pay $1,000 in order to be considered a “member in good standing.”

“People were really friendly there, and I really enjoyed being there,” Candace Petterson, a single mother who has been attending the Greater Mount Moriah Primitive Baptist Church for six months, told a local ABC affiliate.

Ms. Petterson said things were going perfectly at her new church until she received a letter at her home last week.
    “To be a member in good standing and have the right to vote, adults are to contribute the minimum amount of $50 per month,” read Ms. Petterson. “Fifty dollars per month, now this shocked me because I haven’t heard about the $50 per month. So where did this come from?”

“Then Mount Moriah Day is on there, $150,” she added, plus a yearly church anniversary fee of $250, brings the total to $1,000 in required donations per year.

Ms. Petterson said she was told one of the fees is to help pay off the church’s debts. She also learned that her daughter, 11, would also have to meet the financial requirements to become a member, ABC reported.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/16/florida-church-sends-collection-notices-to-delinqu/

THEN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE??

i've said this a couple of times
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait... Y'all actually think most church goers give 10% of their income?
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i get it. there are a bunch of pastors on tv living large but for many of us that go to church we see something completely different. half the time my pastor's car is in the shop. its old and beat up. his house is in a decent neighborhood but definitely would not be my first choice of places to live. his suits are from burlington coat factory.

these megachurch preachers and how they live is not the norm for the black church.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

every member huh?

dont matter... church spose to help folk.. quick to take folk money but give no ? when u homeless or down and out. im still waiting on the youth gym my pastor lied about building for the youth members back in 94... they took all the folk building fund money tho. at the end of the day if it's really about caring outreach compassion etc... no member should be down and out if the pastor ballin... aint not if ands or buts bout it

just stop

the church i attend gives you yearly statements for your tithes and offerings, they have after school programs where they not only tutor children, but they feed them as well.

this same church has also given away $2500 worth of gas to people. We literally posted up at a gas station, had signs, and told people to pull up and get their tanks filled with gas. The only limit was once we reached $2500, that was it. This was a community outreach effort. NONE of these people were members of the church. You didnt have to give anything, no money, no information, or nothing.

That same day, across town, other members of the church were passing out jambalaya plates at stoplights. FREE of charge.

Again, there are good churches, there are bad churches. Good pastors, bad pastors

the same way u flipped what I said u kinda are doing the same thing in defense.... U cant dismiss the bad and only focus on the good as well. it go both ways
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

every member huh?

Actually yes ? !!!

BAINBRIDGE, GA (WALB) -
    A 92-year-old woman is no longer allowed to worship at the church where she was a member for more than 50 years because she was not tithing.

Josephine King said that was the reason she was kicked out of Bainbridge's First African Baptist Church.

Her family members said they hope the situation will bring change to churches across the nation.

“Josephine King is no longer considered a member of the First African Baptist Church of Bainbridge, Georgia,” read Gerald Simmons, as he skimmed over the letter addressed to his aunt.

The letter, signed by Senior Pastor Derrick Mike, stated that Ms. King "has shown non-support" towards the church in the areas of "constant and consistent financial and physical participation."

He said Ms. King was considered sick and a shut-in for several months, which was the reason for her lack of attendance.

He also said his aunt had gone above and beyond in the past to financially support the church.

"You shouldn't chase the individuals down," said Simmons. "You shouldn't do that. If that's the case, you're money hungry."

Simmons also noted that his aunt isn't the first person to receive a letter of removal for not tithing, and hopes her story will shed some light on the policy.

"You have to have money to make these churches run, but it's not about money,” Simmons said. "It's about ? . You have to put ? first."

Several requests for comment from the church were made, but no responses by officials or other members were given.

http://www.walb.com/story/29762845/92-year-old-woman-kicked-out-of-church-for-not-tithing

Here is one more
    A Tampa woman is outraged after she says she received a collection notice in the mail from her local church ordering her to pay $1,000 in order to be considered a “member in good standing.”

“People were really friendly there, and I really enjoyed being there,” Candace Petterson, a single mother who has been attending the Greater Mount Moriah Primitive Baptist Church for six months, told a local ABC affiliate.

Ms. Petterson said things were going perfectly at her new church until she received a letter at her home last week.
    “To be a member in good standing and have the right to vote, adults are to contribute the minimum amount of $50 per month,” read Ms. Petterson. “Fifty dollars per month, now this shocked me because I haven’t heard about the $50 per month. So where did this come from?”

“Then Mount Moriah Day is on there, $150,” she added, plus a yearly church anniversary fee of $250, brings the total to $1,000 in required donations per year.

Ms. Petterson said she was told one of the fees is to help pay off the church’s debts. She also learned that her daughter, 11, would also have to meet the financial requirements to become a member, ABC reported.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/16/florida-church-sends-collection-notices-to-delinqu/

THEN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE??

? all that ? you talking ? you can read and know damn well that post was a direct reply to you talking like they don't kick people out of church cause they don't tithe.

You was wrong move along to another point about the fallacy that is church.

Oh you have me sadly mistaken I don't go to church. I stopped going to church the second my mother felt I could be left home alone which was between 10-12 can't remember the exact age.

I have better things I can do than to sit somewhere and be lied to. The singing in church ain't that good for me to go just to be musically entertained.

• sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a Christian you just have to accept than some people won't like you or your church... and usually their will be very little rationality to their dislike.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    sunlord wrote: »
    As a Christian you just have to accept than some people won't like you or your church... and usually their will be very little rationality to their dislike.

LLS your ? ass came back.

I don't dislike church or religion.

Its just not for me and it is for some people.

I'm just for the truth. Some churches and pastors prey on people and that has been my only point in this thread.

• skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
  • AP21
    Options

every member huh?

Actually yes ? !!!

BAINBRIDGE, GA (WALB) -

Here is one more

THEN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE??

? all that ? you talking ? you can read and know damn well that post was a direct reply to you talking like they don't kick people out of church cause they don't tithe.

Oh you have me sadly mistaken I don't go to church. I stopped going to church the second my mother felt I could be left home alone which was between 10-12 can't remember the exact age.

I have better things I can do than to sit somewhere and be lied to. The singing in church ain't that good for me to go just to be musically entertained.

ok..good for you (bolded)

but its posts like yours, that to say people who are like minded like you feel that churches are so bad, ya'll go out of ya'll way to talk down to them at every chance. I'm not in threads trying to convince people to go to church. Thats on you, and you are entitled to do whatever your heart desires

But TOO many people keep focusing on the building of the church instead of how the bible defines what church is. If its that important to you, then you again, go somewhere else.

and lol at me being wrong about people not getting kicked out. I was making a tongue in cheek remark about repercussions for not tithing and you found articles about TWO churches, which is hardly a valid sample size to support your claim.

NOT ALL CHURCHES KICK PEOPLE OUT FOR NOT TITHING. Maybe had i said that, then we arent having this discussion.
  • AP21
    Options

every member huh?

just stop

the same way u flipped what I said u kinda are doing the same thing in defense.... U cant dismiss the bad and only focus on the good as well. it go both ways

no...thats not whats going on...you keep saying the church (lumping all churches under one umbrella) doesnt feed/clothe the poor, and whatever else you said, and i gave you an example of a church that does. It's a personal experience that i was directly involved in and not some hearsay stuff.

BUT AGAIN...if these things bother you and the people that think like you so much, then either speak up at the church you attend, or go somewhere that does.

Its so funny to me how church brings out these types of feelings from folks

so the church just does you so bad, you just stop going altogether. Sounds like to me, you were just looking for a reason to not go in the first place.

So, the apt complex you live in, keeps going up on the rent, doesnt fix ? , etc...what do you do? You either complain to the landlord or you move right? Why is it different when it comes to something happening in the church that you have an issue with?
  • AP21
    Options
    BTW, tithes and offerings are tax deductions as well.

Take from that, what you will
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

every member huh?

Actually yes ? !!!

BAINBRIDGE, GA (WALB) -

Here is one more

THEN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE??

But you a Dr. Umar stan

Idris-Elba.gif
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not a Christian and even I know that making statements like the Church doesn't feed and cloth folks is utter nonsense. For whatever faults people may find with the Church there are MANY Churches and organizations affiliated with Churches who are helping people stay afloat..
  • skpjr78
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Jesus himself knew these preachers were full of ? . He personally ran these no good, lying, money hungry, thieving, trash ass, prosperity pimps out of the church himself. He lieterally threw them and the ? they were trying to hustle out of the church......literally.

Matthew 21:12 (KJV)
    And Jesus went into the temple of ? , and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,
    13 And said unto them, "It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves."

No one hated these hustling ass preachers more than Christ. He knew they undercut his message more than anything else. What do you think Jesus would do if he walked inside of Creflo's church today? Would he condone this prosperity theology ? or would he cleanse the den of thieves? Think about that while you watch so called Christians beat the hell out of each other in malls all over the nation spending money they don't have, buying ? they don't need all while celebrating the birthday of a poor man who commanded that what you have done for the least of these you have done onto me.
  • AP21
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Jesus himself knew these preachers were full of ? . He personally ran these no good, lying, money hungry, thieving, trash ass, prosperity pimps out of the church himself. He lieterally threw them and the ? they were trying to hustle out of the church......literally.

Matthew 21:12 (KJV)
    And Jesus went into the temple of ? , and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,
    13 And said unto them, "It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves."

No one hated these hustling ass preachers more than Christ. He knew they undercut his message more than anything else. What do you think Jesus would do if he walked inside of Creflo's church today? Would he condone this prosperity theology ? or would he cleanse the den of thieves? Think about that while you watch so called Christians beat the hell out of each other in malls all over the nation spending money they don't have, buying ? they don't need all while celebrating the birthday of a poor man who commanded that what you have done for the least of these you have done onto me.

i dont think ANYONE here would disagree with what you said
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope. My pop took us out of a church, because of shady moves being done in the church and people in the back selling and hustling items. He used that verse in Matthew as his justification, as well.

He didn’t give up on church as a whole, though. He just simply moved us to another one.
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm far from the most religious person you will find, I ain't set foot inside a church outside of my wedding day and a baptism in damn near 4 years, and make plenty jokes about the church w/ the never ending "building fund", but alot of the questions people have about church and pastors in general have very easy answers. A ? like Creflo Dollar makes the bulk of his money from this silly ass books he writes and being paid for speaking engagements. Unless you got a church that seats only millionaires it's but so much money you could actually make "hustling from the pulpit" especially if you're in poorer communities because you still at the end of the day have to do at least basic upkeep on the building and there will always have to be money set aside for that if nothing else. Most pastors I knew growing up had jobs during the week along w/ them being pastors and that's where their actual income came from.

There's plenty church's that do for the communities they're in, help support the less fortunate to the best of their abilities and from alot of the ? some of ya'll are saying in here it's like you believe church's run on this magical source of income that rains down from the sky instead of actually having to be somewhat of a business as well in order to simply keep the doors open.
  • skpjr78
    Options
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plat push and ? still missed the point of this thread
  • pachá12
    pachá12 Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »

Black Jesus says 'Hi!'
  • D. Morgan
    Options

every member huh?

Actually yes ? !!!

BAINBRIDGE, GA (WALB) -

Here is one more

THEN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE??

ok..good for you (bolded)

but its posts like yours, that to say people who are like minded like you feel that churches are so bad, ya'll go out of ya'll way to talk down to them at every chance. I'm not in threads trying to convince people to go to church. Thats on you, and you are entitled to do whatever your heart desires

But TOO many people keep focusing on the building of the church instead of how the bible defines what church is. If its that important to you, then you again, go somewhere else.

and lol at me being wrong about people not getting kicked out. I was making a tongue in cheek remark about repercussions for not tithing and you found articles about TWO churches, which is hardly a valid sample size to support your claim.

NOT ALL CHURCHES KICK PEOPLE OUT FOR NOT TITHING. Maybe had i said that, then we arent having this discussion.

You didn't need to type all that ? . This would've been much easier and is the same thing you are doing
    10cff03e02c98b9e290a75be571c3603.gif