The Leader Of The New Fatherless Generation: Guess His Name?

Options

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    From an early 90's perspective @HafBayked i gotta say u wrong. Most of my peers would agree.

We didnt grow up listening to rappers doing pills and snorting either.

Our rappers smoked weed and thats about it.
    Even when weezy dropped "I feel like dying"everybody was like wtf is this junkie talking about.

This addict music started sometime in 2012 I think. That's the 00's kids.

This is about 85% future fault and 15% weezy

nah bruh...depends on where u were

the south had BEEN on pain pills and sippin lean and taking bars and doing blow....all that

U make it seem like u listened to will smith lol

and when I say the kids from those times im not saying they were listening to the music from that time, they were babies...its the music and ? that was hot as those kids were coming into the age of growing up and forming an opinion and personality

I listened to underground gangsta music mostly.....3/6 aint ? when it comes to the drugs fam lol

Lol alright if you're saying kids listened to local music and got influenced then you're right. But mainstream wise there wasn't no talk of pills like that outside of Eminem and his weird fan base. And that was only jokes.

When Jeezy took over in 05 and everbody was somehow a dopeboy, they were still talking about selling. Not using.

is that better tho? also is these weirdis coukd rap like jay or ghostface or nas i hate to say it but folk wouldnt be upset
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    All of these ? are faithless, drug addict weirdos. I miss the days of rap when everyone had their own style, sound & in house producer & records still sold. The days that I can throw on some Juvenile or BG & feel like I'm in the heart of Magnolia, throw on some Pat & feel like I'm in North Memphis then listen to some DMX & get that gritty NY sound.

I remember the days of rappers putting their city on the map and showcasing to the world what was unknown to them at time.

Nwa with 64's, ? culture and several westcoast artist with laid back gfunk music etc.

Houston with slabs, chopped and screw, etc.

NY with their lingo and etc.

Even chief keef opened up the world to what Chicago looks and sounds like in modern times and took the media by storm. And that was the last time that happned.

But you don't really know where these new kids come from. Everybody just assume florida.

They have no orginal style , lingo, beats or nothing. Straight garbage.

Florida?? ? please we gave u freak hoes ..luk trick an rosa gold grilla ect an this is what u do
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean lots of the rappers we grew up on were supposedly heartless violent murderers and drug dealers. Not exactly role model material.

Even nas referred to himself as escobar.

Aint ? behavior always been popular its just the content shifted to somethin else that aint ? .
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thats all im saying....whether we wanna argue about who and when and how...

they didnt just pull this ? out the sky.....this is what they were taught
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    It's a bunch of Pete Rock's in this thread

What profound eye opening lyrics could possibly an dude namned xan frank spit?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There's also some old 2nd childhood ass people in this thread.
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    From an early 90's perspective @HafBayked i gotta say u wrong. Most of my peers would agree.

We didnt grow up listening to rappers doing pills and snorting either.

Our rappers smoked weed and thats about it.
    Even when weezy dropped "I feel like dying"everybody was like wtf is this junkie talking about.

This addict music started sometime in 2012 I think. That's the 00's kids.

This is about 85% future fault and 15% weezy

nah bruh...depends on where u were

the south had BEEN on pain pills and sippin lean and taking bars and doing blow....all that

U make it seem like u listened to will smith lol

and when I say the kids from those times im not saying they were listening to the music from that time, they were babies...its the music and ? that was hot as those kids were coming into the age of growing up and forming an opinion and personality

I listened to underground gangsta music mostly.....3/6 aint ? when it comes to the drugs fam lol

Lol alright if you're saying kids listened to local music and got influenced then you're right. But mainstream wise there wasn't no talk of pills like that outside of Eminem and his weird fan base. And that was only jokes.

When Jeezy took over in 05 and everbody was somehow a dopeboy, they were still talking about selling. Not using.

is that better tho? also is these weirdis coukd rap like jay or ghostface or nas i hate to say it but folk wouldnt be upset

That's true. They're watering down the quality of the music.

They were calling 3 stacks weird too for his clothing. But he could at least spit.

Rapping was about talent. Now it's watered down and everybody can do it.

That's like removing the strings on a guitar and replacing it with buttons of pre recorded riffs.

Imagine that. Imagine if there wasn't no talent in playing instruments or having a good singing voice?

That's what's happening to hip hop.

Sadly the bold is the current climate for most singing acts, more about the visual aspect of the artist. Ghost writers and pre recorded tracks for live shows is the norm now.
  • Busta Carmichael
    edited December 2017
    Options

He's young and the new wave "dumbhop" is where it's at nowadays.

Me and him are prolly very close in age. This has nothing to do with being young. He's ? .

The problem is that there are a lot of talented young rappers out here but the media wanna push these dudes.

? got a permanent tattoo of anne frank on his face.....

Dude is going to be an old man one day collecting royalties as Xan Frank with a damn rusty face.
  • Go figure
    Options

Agree, but look what a single Ice cube has done for hip hop
  • Go figure
    Options
    thats all im saying....whether we wanna argue about who and when and how...

they didnt just pull this ? out the sky.....this is what they were taught

Yea its like the drug dealers we grew up listening to are getting pushed off the scene by their customers' offspring

Circle of life ?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lock this thread....
  • HafBayked
    Options
    ay on another note....even if the old heads were into drugs and tried this ? back then....it woulda been horrible

the in drugs of that time were just not cool to be associated with....not even now lmao

imagine if Lil Quaalude (Quay) dropped in 89 lmao

Krack Rock Karl

Forty-Piece Frank

The Base Boys

Huff Jones

funny how 20 yrs can completely twist ? up
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Late 90s babies bringing it back tho

Word to GxFR
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    ay on another note....even if the old heads were into drugs and tried this ? back then....it woulda been horrible

the in drugs of that time were just not cool to be associated with....not even now lmao

imagine if Lil Quaalude (Quay) dropped in 89 lmao

Krack Rock Karl

Forty-Piece Frank

The Base Boys

Huff Jones

funny how 20 yrs can completely twist ? up

Lol I'm glad no rapper ever popularized spice/k2
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    I do remember a lot of rappers talking about sherm.

But I guess kids weren't dumb enough to try wet
  • HafBayked
    Options
    BUT THEY WERE THO

I must have just been in ? places all the time lol

dippers was popular hood ? in TX for ? on papers and ?

they loved gettin stuck
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    BUT THEY WERE THO

I must have just been in ? places all the time lol

dippers was popular hood ? in TX for ? on papers and ?

they loved gettin stuck

Lol I bet they were. But that's still local.

As the same way only texas folks sipped on lean 20 years ago.

When you put it in the mainstream you got the whole world exposed to it. Kids in France all the way to Australia are addicted to lean now.

That's what I mean never happened to ? . It was never popularized worldwide.

I guess I see it from another point of view because I've been around the world. Still do.

Trust me. Lean is huuge.
  • HafBayked
    Options
    well yeah, in that sense none of this ? was supposed to go worldwide lol

mainstream recognition ruins everything
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I do remember a lot of rappers talking about sherm.

But I guess kids weren't dumb enough to try wet

Alot of 90s rappers rapped about being dusted. Wu had a whole era dedicated to that ? . Especially ? . I still never touched it. If you're impressionable enough to do something cause your favorite artist does it you deserve what's about to come your way.

I'm from NYC and still rocked with DJ Screw tapes cause dudes back in AOL chatrooms used to share that ? in the late 90s. But I never touched codeine unless I needed it. I was a latch key kid too. Was either home alone or on the streets but I guess that precociousness gave me a bit more common sense.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    All of these ? are faithless, drug addict weirdos.

Basically. Product of their generation.

http://www.konbini.com/us/lifestyle/xan-frank-anne-frank-face-tattoo/

"However, Xan isn't a rich kid rapper from the outskirts of Orange County, Ca – we're looking at you Tyga – but more of a confused young adult who explicitly discusses his troubles with drug dependency while acknowledging that he comes from a broken home with a mentally ill mother.

While many online are having a field day criticizing him for his, eh, unconventional tattoo idea, the kid is clearly drug-addicted, depressed and seeking ways to make himself stand out and feel in control."