how come you havent started your own business yet?

Options

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm actually a believer in the 'Everything ain't for everybody' mantra. Gary V. says that ? all the time. 'Being en entrepreneur ain't for most people. For most folks, being #12 at FB is better than being #1 as the CEO of your own company.'.

The stress, the responsibility, the fact that it kills your work/home life balance in most instances, etc. The only issue is that not enough people recognize that fact.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I'm actually a believer in the 'Everything ain't for everybody' mantra. Gary V. says that ? all the time. 'Being en entrepreneur ain't for most people. For most folks, being #12 at FB is better than being #1 as the CEO of your own company.'.

The stress, the responsibility, the fact that it kills your work/home life balance in most instances, etc. The only issue is that not enough people recognize that fact.

getting the right position at work can ? the work/home life balance
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Stock investments is definitely in my 2018 bucket list. I've deprived myself for far too long.
  • mryounggun
    Options

You REALLY just don't believe that its just ok to not own a business huh? Lol
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

bruh....i see too many people getting it...that clearly can be out thought by people from our neck of the woods.

i dont like to see my people take that approach.

i know it aint for everyone....but the way some ? talk....i curious why they havent yet.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Ima start my LLC next week, let's build Pralims

if you real about this......send a pm.....

we can talk about it when i come back to philly.....i need to come back soon...i think i forgot to turn my heat on and i heard its cold there.

Word, I got some good ideas. Ima DM you when I get a lil more details. And hell yea I'm going to LA this weekend to get away from this cold haaa but I'll be back. I be around your way anyway, my barbershop up Germantown and I got a couple shorties from around there too haaaa
  • mryounggun
    Options

bruh....i see too many people getting it...that clearly can be out thought by people from our neck of the woods.

i dont like to see my people take that approach.

i know it aint for everyone....but the way some ? talk....i curious why they havent yet.

Ok cool.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

we can talk about it when i come back to philly.....i need to come back soon...i think i forgot to turn my heat on and i heard its cold there.

Word, I got some good ideas. Ima DM you when I get a lil more details. And hell yea I'm going to LA this weekend to get away from this cold haaa but I'll be back. I be around your way anyway, my barbershop up Germantown and I got a couple shorties from around there too haaaa

where in gtown?
    im from pulaski town...but of course i ran with ? from hollow, fernhill and brickyard westside top and haines street.
  • buttuh_b
    Options

where in gtown?
    im from pulaski town...but of course i ran with ? from hollow, fernhill and brickyard westside top and haines street.

Shorty I fool with live on Harvey St.. my barbershop on Seymour.. I'm not even super familiar with Germantown like that but I know they get down.. them dogtown dudes
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

where in gtown?

Shorty I fool with live on Harvey St.. my barbershop on Seymour.. I'm not even super familiar with Germantown like that but I know they get down.. them dogtown dudes

man them dogtown ? been corny....they to close to chesthill to be tough...lol
    an they stayed getting ran away by haines street...but then again who didnt.

seymour? east or west side? i might know her or her people.

? alot of ? i grew up with got killed on the corner of wayne and seymour or wayne and clapier...? wayne ave period is crazy....becareful around there....thats considered the hollow. b. hopkins used to train down there.
  • buttuh_b
    Options

where in gtown?

? alot of ? i grew up with got killed on the corner of wayne and seymour or wayne and clapier...? wayne ave period is crazy....becareful around there....thats considered the hollow. b. hopkins used to train down there.

Nah shorty live on Harvey st, I think it's one block away from Haines actually. I don't know the cross street ? live, I just drive up Lincoln Dr, take right on Harvey and her apartment is a couple blocks up. My barbershop on Germantown Ave and Seymour. Even my gym ain't far. You know the plaza on Roberts and Fox St. with the Shop Rite and Wingstop and Wendys.. I be there every day..

I don't even understand Philly gangs.. where I'm from they bang crip and blood. I just know it's no colors.. only gunshots
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just to play devils advocate, because I’m all for starting your own if you want to, but I know people who thought that that was the dream and did it, only to find out that they hated being consumed by it 24/7 and were happy to go back to just clocking out at 5 or whatever and having the business as a whole be someone else’s problem
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

where in gtown?

Nah shorty live on Harvey st, I think it's one block away from Haines actually. I don't know the cross street ? live, I just drive up Lincoln Dr, take right on Harvey and her apartment is a couple blocks up. My barbershop on Germantown Ave and Seymour. Even my gym ain't far. You know the plaza on Roberts and Fox St. with the Shop Rite and Wingstop and Wendys.. I be there every day..

I don't even understand Philly gangs.. where I'm from they bang crip and blood. I just know it's no colors.. only gunshots

oh..your barber right off the expressway? fox and roberts is over by the old abbottsford projects...they tore it down an built it up. thats north philly....

man those were the days...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Brian B. wrote: »
    Cuz ? ain't tryna quit their 9-5 and give up the stability of that guaranteed paycheck and put their faith in themselves, but risk falling on their faces and not being able to support themselves, their family or cop the new Js.

And cuz ? ain't willing to KEEP their 9-5 and work like a dog on their own business with whatever time they have left in the day cuz they'd rather be spending those hours elsewhere.

Simple.

i hear you.

i have started so many new businesses since selling all my shares and other businesses like 2 years back.

i was recently told by a developer that i have a entrepreneurial eye that even most americans he dealt with dont.

i heard that many times. i see money in everything an how to get it.

and while i know this is my gift...i want to know why others dont start they own ? .

Cuz everything ain't for everybody

besides there'd be too many chiefs & not enuff indians

This is really it. Everybody ain't meant to nor have the ability, time, and/or resources to start their own business.
  • buttuh_b
    Options

where in gtown?

oh..your barber right off the expressway? fox and roberts is over by the old abbottsford projects...they tore it down an built it up. thats north philly....

Yep Abbotsford projects right on the corner, this clown @bck145 tried to tell me I don't live in Philly. I gotta post pictures I took at the Sixers game last week
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Just to play devils advocate, because I’m all for starting your own if you want to, but I know people who thought that that was the dream and did it, only to find out that they hated being consumed by it 24/7 and were happy to go back to just clocking out at 5 or whatever and having the business as a whole be someone else’s problem

very true...i can attest to that.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

where in gtown?

Yep Abbotsford projects right on the corner, this clown @bck145 tried to tell me I don't live in Philly. I gotta post pictures I took at the Sixers game last week

U a fraud ass ?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

where in gtown?

where he from?
    but man...where they have all the shops used to be a parking lot. they used to gangfight there with richard allen projects or diamond street projects all during a time when the carnival come to town. smdh

how ? getting killed getting off the tilt a whirl?
  • buttuh_b
    Options

where in gtown?

where he from?
    but man...where they have all the shops used to be a parking lot. they used to gangfight there with richard allen projects or diamond street projects all during a time when the carnival come to town. smdh

Who knows probably some hillbilly town in the middle of PA, I know he not gonna pull up on me..

When I first moved here I got connected with people in Fairhill high rises on 11th and Cumberland and I don't live too far from Diamond projects now..

LMAO damn you got all the history. ? way different now.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

where in gtown?

where he from?

Who knows probably some hillbilly town in the middle of PA, I know he not gonna pull up on me..

When I first moved here I got connected with people in Fairhill high rises on 11th and Cumberland and I don't live too far from Diamond projects now..

Lol pull up on you? Haha son you like 13 on a computer playing tough guy....i got real things to worry about more than your make believe life

? millenials these days
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

where in gtown?

where he from?

man...i been around an seen alot and did alot.

thats why i am cool with being the ? ? now.....i made it out of ? ? cant wrap their brain around.

so now i just want to make money and enjoy life.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It can always get better.
    Yeah trying to expand with a marketing budget of $4-500/month
    Called this company 180Fusion.com
    They said "yeah our smallest clients are $3k-5k a month,"
    I hung that ? up
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cuz I'm not boss material. I don't like bossing people around and you can't really be a friend and boss. I am however the best right hand man to the boss. You need to know the ins and outs of something I will dissect the ? out of it, process it and give you the information as if you had done it yourself. That's my specialty.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cuz I'm not boss material. I don't like bossing people around and you can't really be a friend and boss. I am however the best right hand man to the boss. You need to know the ins and outs of something I will dissect the ? out of it, process it and give you the information as if you had done it yourself. That's my specialty.

U can find a business partner who is a tad more passionate about (whatever it is) than you.
    It will drive you to perform and you two can appreciate each other.