how come you havent started your own business yet?

Options

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not just this thread boo. But okay.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not everyone wants to start a business perhaps.

ok...why not?

this is a mostly black site with a few salt granules in the pepper.

so you telling me.....that only a few out of this whole site has the drive to want our own?

nah....i dont believe that.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    It's not just this thread boo. But okay.

please enlighten me then.

what are you saying.

and i answered from the standpoint of the thread topic.

but yea...you made the statement ...now i ask you to enlighten me to your finding.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Nothing like that freedom.

Some people think it's harder than what it is....

Some people think it's easy and once you get that LLC certificate that ? is just sweet and it ain't like that.

It's not as hard as you think as far as thinking your way through it, but the hours, and the sweat you have to put in can't be ignored.

Look at it like a space shuttle, it's hard to get out the atmosphere at the beginning of the voyage, but that's the hardest part. Once you get rolling, you're rolling.

Everybody wanna be a boss until it's time to be one. Hard work, but well worth it.

As far as people talking about stability, the stability you have at your job was once a business that someone started with no stability.

I can't have a job because for one, i'm felonied up. And tim hortons dont pay enough. And 2. I'm not having a college graduate that I know i'm smarter than talkin wild to me because another ? that i'm smarter than gave him the position to do so lol.
  • sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WHY is this white ? interrupting?? the brothers are trying to build/have a positive conversation

she is a white woman she can always sell ? or wait for a man to take care of her..... but for us men and this goes for all races of men but especially black men we have to build some ? for the babies.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    sunlord wrote: »
    WHY is this white ? interrupting?? the brothers are trying to build/have a positive conversation

she is a white woman she can always sell ? or wait for a man to take care of her..... but for us men and this goes for all races of men but especially black men we have to build some ? for the babies.

i agree...

im not sure either.

coming in here to say some ? about me being condescending and not explaining how.

in a thread about getting to the root of why people dont want to start they own ?
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dunno give me some ideas
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

ok...why not?

so you telling me.....that only a few out of this whole site has the drive to want our own?

People have 1000 other responsibilities time is precious. what works for on doesnt necessarily work for the next man, and if you dont have capital to begin with that makes it even harder..

some people work to live others live to work. Simple as that. It doesnt explicitly point to drive.. some people use different vehicles to express their drive...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

ok...why not?

People have 1000 other responsibilities, and if you dont have capital to begin with that makes it even harder..

some people work to live others live to work. Simple as that. It doesnt explicitly point to drive.. some people use different vehicles to express their drive...

and at what point will you see that time and energy is wasted on things we become a slave to.

being a slave to a mortgage and car payment, why?

i get what you are saying but at what point will a person take a risk?

why must it be either or?

so you cant have a stable income and do ground work to start your own thing and slowly transition?

? cant sit down with their s/o and explain to them the idea and the plan and have a back up just in case?

you cant start saving money now to take thats step and have a cushion just in case?

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Dunno give me some ideas

smdh
  • Kat
    edited December 2017
    Options

Interrupting? ? please, I will interject when and where I see fit.

It was just a question, sometimes the message can be lost in the delivery.

Meanwhile, plenty of men accumulate wealth for their family contributing to another person's vision. So what?

Would having your own SUCCESSFUL business be ideal? Yes, but there are tradeoffs to achieving that type of success. Different people have different ideas to what defines a fulfilling life.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

Meanwhile, plenty of men accumulate wealth for their family contributing to another person's vision. So what?

Would having your own SUCCESSFUL business be ideal? Yes, but there are tradeoffs to achieving that type of sucess. Different people have different ideas to what defines a fulfilling life.

kinda like showing ya ? on the net?

the message can be lost in the delivery and it can also be lost because you aint ready to hear it.

meanwhile....a whole bunch of other people are going for it to feed they family.

success doesnt look for you...you have to look for it.

from what you are saying is....it would be nice to be a millionaire but the tradeoffs to get the money wont allow a fulfilling life.

smdh

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ok...why not?

People have 1000 other responsibilities, and if you dont have capital to begin with that makes it even harder..

and at what point will you see that time and energy is wasted on things we become a slave to.

so you cant have a stable income and do ground work to start your own thing and slowly transition?

? cant sit down with their s/o and explain to them the idea and the plan and have a back up just in case?

you cant start saving money now to take thats step and have a cushion just in case?

Fam people have different motivations, some people have great responsibilities where they cant afford to take risk..
    some people are good at math, while others are good at reading

owning some ? doesnt make one higher evolved. more responsible so on and so forth.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

ok...why not?

Fam people have different motivations, some people have great responsibilities where they cant afford to take risk..
    some people are good at math, while others are good at reading

owning some ? doesnt make one higher evolved. more responsible so on and so forth.

are you reading what you are typing?

but yeah...ok
    who put them responsibilities on ya back tho?

like i said..outside of sick family....or your own health.....

how a person get such great responsibilities?

but you know what....yea you got it.

i got you.

i hear you loud and clear
  • sunlord
    Options

Would having your own SUCCESSFUL business be ideal? Yes, but there are tradeoffs to achieving that type of success. Different people have different ideas to what defines a fulfilling life.

there is a difference between having wealth and just being rich with lots of money.

wealth is best defined as a money making process that you can give to someone else ideally your inheritors. Your granddad could have been a millionaire but unless he was able to pass onto you the process by which he made his millions then..... in a few generations your family could end up being poor again.

Working for someone else may be lucrative for YOU but you won't be able to pass that onto your grandkids because unless you are royalty they won't inherit your job.
  • Kat
    Options
    Working for someone else may be lucrative for YOU but you won't be able to pass that onto your grandkids because unless you are royalty they won't inherit your job.

Who said you need to pass mass wealth to your grandkids? That's how we get these self absorbed, out of touch, old money ? like the Trumps walking around. Give your kids the tools they need to make a life for themself and then let them go make their own way in life. See how there are different views on how life is to be lived? Does that make me or you wrong? No, just different. Both are needed for either to succeed.

What does that have anything to do with my post? Holla at me when you're out your feelings.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

Who said you need to pass mass wealth to your grandkids? That's how we get these self absorbed, out of touch, old money ? like the Trumps walking around. Give your kids the tools they need to make a life for themself and then let them go make their own way in life. See how there are different views on how life is to be lived? Does that make me or you wrong? No, just different. Both are needed for either to succeed.

What does that have anything to do with my post? Holla at me when you're out your feelings.

you came in here with feeling and fukkery....trynna call someone condescending. now you mad?

classic white girl response...now she the victim.
  • Kat
    Options
    I asked a question, you got mad. How does that equate to me catching feelings? You being so appalled only reinforces my opinion.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    I asked a question, you got mad. How does that equate to me catching feelings? You being so appalled only reinforces my opinion.

more white girl tactics.

you know you dont need to come back in this thread right?

• inori
    inori Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    working on building up my savings a bit more along with utilizing my current gig to sharpen up my skills with the training they pay for. Once the savings is beefed up a bit I'd like to get into real estate and rental properties.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

82cixjouv97e.gif
  • sunlord
    Options

Along with passing on wealth you are supposed to pass on morals and principles so that they don't become totally self absorbed.

Your perspective is totally feminine and PASSIVE. Men like to set a path for their families we like to lead WE have plans and goals for our sons. Letting YOUR CHILDREN just go their own way is ? foolish and is the same as letting them go astray. If they decide to rebel then they rebel but your responsibility is to leave something substantial for them.

They can make the best lives for themselves with the tools you leave them if you leave them inferior tools they will make an inferior life.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wondering what kind of business I could start with my reading and writing skills. Maybe freelance copywriting but that's a tough market to ? here in NYC.
  • LurkdogAchilles
    LurkdogAchilles Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm just not ready. Its something I want to do

I took the first step, started volunteering which led to working part time (in addition to my full time job)

Just learning now and figuring out how to make it work for me. I would love to not have to clock in one day
  • Kat
    edited December 2017
    Options

Along with passing on wealth you are supposed to pass on morals and principles so that they don't become totally self absorbed.

Your perspective is totally feminine and PASSIVE. Men like to set a path for their families we like to lead WE have plans and goals for our sons. Letting YOUR CHILDREN just go their own way is ? foolish and is the same as letting them go astray. If they decide to rebel then they rebel but your responsibility is to leave something substantial for them.

They can make the best lives for themselves with the tools you leave them if you leave them inferior tools they will make an inferior life.

Again you can achieve this without owning your own business