LaVar Ball On If President Donald Trump Helped Get LiAngelo Ball Out Of China: ‘Who?’

Options

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    It don't make sense to keep his kids in he's already super rich. They can play overseas and make money, expand their brand and generate interest for when they come back to America with real credentials under them.

They making $500 a month (from a club that owes people $

Ow yeah

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they said ucla made them thank trump on getting them outta china
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    I like the route pops is taking. Basketball will be similar to soccer in 10-20 years. These young boys need to know there are global opportunities out here. If, you can carve out a decent living playing the sport you love while seeing the world go for it!! We need to be going against the grain..

i agree with you.

an soon they will change the rules again...i think they just changed them from going pro right outta high school...but they will change it to keep ? from going over seas.
    i just hopes he has a tutor with them...

an these kids seem like they have zero social skills and i still dont beleive its them that want bball this bad.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the route pops is taking. Basketball will be similar to soccer in 10-20 years. These young boys need to know there are global opportunities out here. If, you can carve out a decent living playing the sport you love while seeing the world go for it!! We need to be going against the grain..

i agree with you.

an soon they will change the rules again...i think they just changed them from going pro right outta high school...but they will change it to keep ? from going over seas.

an these kids seem like they have zero social skills and i still dont beleive its them that want bball this bad.

I wish the Ball family all the luck in the world, but I can't believe for the life of me that Lavar thinks they are trying to control him, he just seems like a narcissistic ? that's always talking ? . I mean the outlandish ? he says is like that ? that's always around running his mouth and won't ? . No, his sons are not that good, it's a ton of cats way better but he just finessed himself into the spotlight, that's it that's all. He selling ? shoes and finessed that as well, good for him.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

i agree with you.

I wish the Ball family all the luck in the world, but I can't believe for the life of me that Lavar thinks they are trying to control him, he just seems like a narcissistic ? that's always talking ? . I mean the outlandish ? he says is like that ? that's always around running his mouth and won't ? . No, his sons are not that good, it's a ton of cats way better but he just finessed himself into the spotlight, that's it that's all. He selling ? shoes and finessed that as well, good for him.

i been saying the same ? ...but all ? see is a black man buckin a system.

thats who they want to root for.

in the video...charlmenge said he didnt get his flipflops yet.
    smdh

with the way he went about his shoes to maximize his profit is not good.

his sons cant speak for themselves....look at how gelo keeps looking to his dad to help him speak.

the lil ? dont even look like he wants to be there.
    just saying..i saw alot in that interview...

but again...what do it know
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To be fair. Gelo and Melo are only 16 and 18(?) I think. They're pretty young
    So I don't expect them to be these charismatic articulate speaking individuals.

I just hope they don't get injured like D Rose and start contemplating suicide and sh*t.

What struck me in the interview is how he talked about getting his kids set-up first before he
    start bringing anyone else into the tint. On the surface, thats pretty noble.

only time will tell what his true intentions are.

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i agree with you.

smdh

his sons cant speak for themselves....look at how gelo keeps looking to his dad to help him speak.

Ok so explain to me why his kids should play in college when they don't get paid.

College athletes should be getting paid. So what's wrong with him talking another route? Damn right he should buck the system.

Shannon Sharpe got his shoes so Charlamane will get his flops.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

i agree with you.

smdh

Ok so explain to me why his kids should play in college when they don't get paid.

College athletes should be getting paid. So what's wrong with him talking another route? Damn right he should buck the system.

Shannon Sharpe got his shoes so Charlamane will get his flops.

lets not act like this was his plan.

he was forced into making this decision.

he said his kids would be 1 and done....so he had plans for them to attend college. all that other stuff is fluff..making it seem like he had a plan.

if this was his plan....why send gelo to ucla?

as for what you saying...the school does have a prestige factor....kinda like duke...people know when you come from these certain school..you have fundamentals.

an i agree college players should get money...but it didnt matter to him if gelo didnt get caught stealing.now would it?

would we be having this talk if gelo didnt steal?

this ? be reaching for any straw and make it seem like it was part of the plan.

talking that 80-20 ? . and look...he had to scramble to get them anywhere.

this kids are being robbed of childhood to live a dream the dad has.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    To be fair. Gelo and Melo are only 16 and 18(?) I think. They're pretty young
    So I don't expect them to be these charismatic articulate speaking individuals.

I just hope they don't get injured like D Rose and start contemplating suicide and sh*t.

What struck me in the interview is how he talked about getting his kids set-up first before he
    start bringing anyone else into the tint. On the surface, thats pretty noble.

only time will tell what his true intentions are.

an to be fair...hes pushing them too fast.

hes moving them at the speed of adulthood and at what point will they be able to make decisions?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    LiAngelo Ball says he thanked Donald Trump only because UCLA made him do it

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/liangelo-ball-says-thanked-donald-trump-ucla-made-213342393.html

i dont think he should have said this.

we need to get to a point where if ? aint true....keep it moving. if it is..keep it moving.
    point is he was there and stole some ? . keep ya mouth shut. he is going to another country to play now...alot of people dont understand that being american means nothing to other countries. ? forbid he gets into something or is falsely accused. he threw the other kids under the bus. Man shut up.

Seems like they just want to ? on anyone and burn any bridge they have.

Like i said earlier in this thread....just be thankful you aint in jail. point blank period.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Lavar said they hate a black person they can't control. How the ? can you not respect this dude's grind?

really bruh?

hes a black man that cant control himself.
  • black caesar
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Lavar said they hate a black person they can't control. How the ? can you not respect this dude's grind?

really bruh?

You my ? but stop it B.

Do I think Lavar should fall back on interviews? Absolutely . He should be moving in silence, (never reveal your blueprint.) but any person that has the foresight, and creativity to find other ways to bring in revenue, not settle, or play a game that's rigged, and o bide by rules that don't benefit their families is good in my book. Don't get it twisted, I know you want to see Lavar win.

You being an entrepreneur, you of all people should know that people will always have something to say when you're building an empire. I know you're not going to let a person tell you how to run your business. So why should he? You're never celebrated until you win. You think Jeff Bezos, didn't go through that? Elon Musk?

Lavar Ball showed these athletes other ways. He gave some game, and that's the problem with our community. We don't chop up enough game, much less share it which is why we don't have a black Wall Street today. Hell Jeezy was on Everyday Struggle and talked about when he sat in board meetings when he was an A&R at Atlantic and what game he learned, he took it right back to the people so they can have an advantage. That's what economic empowerment is about.

There is an ESPN 30 For 30 episode called Sole Man. It talked about how Nike came up. Some Jewish guy who admitted that he put on an image so he could get colleges to wear the shoes and use up these college students with no compensation. Watch it.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

really bruh?

You my ? but stop it B.

Do I think Lavar should fall back on interviews? Absolutely . He should be moving in silence, (never reveal your blueprint.) but any person that has the foresight, and creativity to find other ways to bring in revenue, not settle, or play a game that's rigged, and o bide by rules that don't benefit their families is good in my book. Don't get it twisted, I know you want to see Lavar win.

You being an entrepreneur, you of all people should know that people will always have something to say when you're building an empire. I know you're not going to let a person tell you how to run your business. So why should he? You're never celebrated until you win. You think Jeff Bezos, didn't go through that? Elon Musk?

Lavar Ball showed these athletes other ways. He gave some game, and that's the problem with our community. We don't chop up enough game, much less share it which is why we don't have a black Wall Street today. Hell Jeezy was on Everyday Struggle and talked about when he sat in board meetings when he was an A&R at Atlantic and what game he learned, he took it right back to the people so they can have an advantage. That's what economic empowerment is about.

There is an ESPN 30 For 30 episode called Sole Man. It talked about how Nike came up. Some Jewish guy who admitted that he put on an image so he could get colleges to wear the shoes and use up these college students with no compensation. Watch it.

Lavar aint show athlete nothing...that blueprint was already there. he just loud about it. bringing attention to it.

if he was really about helping other which he aint....he can make moves on the low.

as far as musk and bezzos....check this out.
    these guys had to prove they are worth the talk. they had to sell their vision, they had to gain trust in investors. their stock rising at amazon and tesla is not because they are selling more its because investors believe in their dream....which is take over now and the profits will come later once we took over.
    bruh i do case studies on many businesses so i can say that. as for musk...do you really think tesla is making profit like that? they are not...that is investors believing in his vision, it gets to a point where its too much to allow it to fail...

i can also say bezzos aint that smart...he doing the same ? marlo in the wire did. just take over everything or as much as you can. it doesnt take a genius to figure that out. but because he is proven and hold himself to a professional level...people want to invest in him.
    an yes being an entrepreneur....i see alot of his mistakes that alot of people dont seem to get. i see where he hurt himself now hes trying to come back around to it. point being...he should have never made that mistake in the first place if he was serious about this business ? .

now you can support him blindly just off the fact hes black....but me..i need him to get his ? right. its not about how he speaks....he needs his mindframe right. understand how to move in this environment.

its ok to grasp at straws.....but be humble and understand you grasping at straws.

he is not showing me anything....im just being real. he has brainwashed kids that are afraid of being cut off, so they follow him. listen to their interview...they believe in what he says even if it doesnt make sense. they trust his system.

i can watch whatever you suggest...still dont change the fact that homie needs to chill.

even the lakers just met with him to say chill a bit. but he wont.

this keeps coming back to him not shutting up.
    'does that mean he has to be submissive? no
    does that mean allow someone else to run his business? no
    but at some point you have to realize you hurt yourself and now your hurting others. you seeds.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

really bruh?

You my ? but stop it B.

Lavar aint show athlete nothing...that blueprint was already there. he just loud about it. bringing attention to it.

if he was really about helping other which he aint....he can make moves on the low.

these guys had to prove they are worth the talk. they had to sell their vision, they had to gain trust in investors. their stock rising at amazon and tesla is not because they are selling more its because investors believe in their dream....which is take over now and the profits will come later once we took over.
    bruh i do case studies on many businesses so i can say that. as for musk...do you really think tesla is making profit like that? they are not...that is investors believing in his vision, it gets to a point where its too much to allow it to fail...

i can also say bezzos aint that smart...he doing the same ? marlo in the wire did. just take over everything or as much as you can. it doesnt take a genius to figure that out. but because he is proven and hold himself to a professional level...people want to invest in him.
    an yes being an entrepreneur....i see alot of his mistakes that alot of people dont seem to get. i see where he hurt himself now hes trying to come back around to it. point being...he should have never made that mistake in the first place if he was serious about this business ? .

now you can support him blindly just off the fact hes black....but me..i need him to get his ? right. its not about how he speaks....he needs his mindframe right. understand how to move in this environment.

its ok to grasp at straws.....but be humble and understand you grasping at straws.

he is not showing me anything....im just being real. he has brainwashed kids that are afraid of being cut off, so they follow him. listen to their interview...they believe in what he says even if it doesnt make sense. they trust his system.

i can watch whatever you suggest...still dont change the fact that homie needs to chill.

but at some point you have to realize you hurt yourself and now your hurting others. you seeds.

There's some truth here. However, when you're a Black man like Lavar or Dame Dash that same annoying, charismatic, cut throat, boisterous, ? , (pick one) approach is a negative but white men are touted for it. In fact they ride it to the top.

My point here is stop focusing on how much or how little Lavar will or will not make with his approach. In all honesty it aint none of your business. Bottom line is, he is doing right by his sons and family. They were by all standards good before all of this and they will be good well into the future.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

really bruh?

You my ? but stop it B.

There's some truth here. However, when you're a Black man like Lavar or Dame Dash that same annoying, charismatic, cut throat, boisterous, ? , (pick one) approach is a negative but white men are touted for it. In fact they ride it to the top.

My point here is stop focusing on how much or how little Lavar will or will not make with his approach. In all honesty it aint none of your business. Bottom line is, he is doing right by his sons and family. They were by all standards good before all of this and they will be good well into the future.

thats what you think you see?

where is dame dash now? compared to true business minded jayz?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    yall should really stoop trying to make this a black and white issue with me......i could care less what a white man can and cant do....

but if a black man steps into a realm i am in....i want him to succeed. even if that means criticizing him. cause i f someone like me can see it ..then the sharks way above me can see it and can exploit it.

for you to say its none of my business....he put it out there...i didnt go snooping around.

who wants to see a black family fall?

im not going to be a yes man or support something that aint right. it aint about my standard of whats right its about the longterm ? i see.
  • black caesar
    edited December 2017
    Options
    yall should really stoop trying to make this a black and white issue with me......i could care less what a white man can and cant do....

but if a black man steps into a realm i am in....i want him to succeed. even if that means criticizing him. cause i f someone like me can see it ..then the sharks way above me can see it and can exploit it.

for you to say its none of my business....he put it out there...i didnt go snooping around.

im not going to be a yes man or support something that aint right. it aint about my standard of whats right its about the longterm ? i see.

Like I said you're my dog and I agree with with Lavar making moves quietly. I said that in the previous post. All of us want to see him win.

If he does some ? ? like he did with the China incident, I'm going to speak on it. I know you're not a yes man. I sure as hell ain't.

Now you said that he didn't open a lane or give game. Who had the blueprint before him? Because it sure as hell wasn't Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, or Shaq. Now I'll give Malbury his due. It was just his shoes were wack as for as design goes.

Did you listen to his Breakfast club interview that was posted?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

Like I said you're my dog and I agree with with Lavar making moves quietly. I said that in the previous post. All of us want to see him win.

If he does some ? ? like he did with the China incident, I'm going to speak on it. I know you're not a yes man. I sure as hell ain't.

Now you said that he didn't open a lane or give game. Who had the blueprint before him? Because it sure as hell wasn't Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, or Shaq. Now I'll give Malbury his due. It was just his shoes were wack as for as design goes.

Did you listen to his Breakfast club interview that was posted?

yes i did listen to it as soon as you commented on it.
    i like to study before i speak.

but shaq kinda did the same aswell.

i just think lavar should settle a bit because he is not proven yet.

once hes proven......talk all that ? and imma be right with him.

mayweather is proven.....he talks ? ...im right with him
    diddy is proven....he talks ? ...im right with him
    tyson is proven....he talks ? ...im right with him

i just need my ? to prove himself before he talks a big game because the fall wont be nice to him. and i dont want him to fall but i want him to understand how he is being used and perceived.

with guidance...he can branch off into alot of ? ...but he has to know when to shut up./

its a reason why his own lawyers didnt want him speaking in china
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited December 2017
    Options

i posted this earlier.

im in europe...these dudes,,,smdh
    black kids can take over here as well as the NBA...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    tell me i aint say all the ? shannon is saying now.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

really bruh?

You my ? but stop it B.

Jayz isn't more business minded than Dame. Jayz plays more of the submissive role. So, you have just made my point. The less threatening, least intimidating (at least on the surface) brothers get play. The same qualities that have cost Dame some paper doesn't cost white men paper who carry themselves the same.

I have seen this play out daily in my 20+ years in Corp. The brothers that have a more direct approach to not cash out like the ones who are more reserved..
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

i posted this earlier.

Shannon has a point. But they do this all the time in Soccer. Teenagers go and train with grown men all the time.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

really bruh?

You my ? but stop it B.

Jayz isn't more business minded than Dame. Jayz plays more of the submissive role. So, you have just made my point. The less threatening, least intimidating (at least on the surface) brothers get play. The same qualities that have cost Dame some paper doesn't cost white men paper who carry themselves the same.

I have seen this play out daily in my 20+ years in Corp. The brothers that have a more direct approach to not cash out like the ones who are more reserved..

bruh...what talent did dame bring? jayz.

jay aint submissive...he knows his position. he listens and learns. you will never hear him saying you cant teach him nothing.

he learned his moves by shutting his mouth and speaking when he can add value to who he is.
    dame was a flashy ? ...fast talker.

so anyway....jay is close to a billie and dame is selling condos to make ends meet.

what are we really talking about?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

i posted this earlier.

Shannon has a point. But they do this all the time in Soccer. Teenagers go and train with grown men all the time.

but those teenagers are not taught to be me first.