Black music exec shames white woman who couldn’t believe he bought a first-class plane ticket

Options
13»

Comments

• HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was gonna ask the same but figured the people involved were traveling really far or some ?

I've done it and its not that crazy, but im sure first class from Houston to ATL is different from DC to NY or some ? like that....then I dont know what airline we talking....I figured they were riding some high dollar ?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea....jets aint that expensive if its enough of yall.....it can cost the same as a one way ticket.

an his fat ass going their for the hoes...

i mean i understand...but he might not want to show all that money an then talk about going to the DR.
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing don't need to be public. Some ? can just be what it is and left where it was.

? that ? tho.

This ? annoys me. everybody makes it a point to let the world know every little thing, who gives a ? , people chronicling every little thing, big boy got in his feelings and needed validation, handle that ? then and keep it moving ?

Nah ? That Every Racist/Potential Racist situation needs to be documented...These ain't two people fighting over a parking spot....Shoutout to Big Boy for not spitting on that ? ..Anything Negative that can happen to her behind this we welcome It..Period
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    babelipsss wrote: »
    Those two first class side-by-side round trip tickets (with the extra long seat belt extenders) cost 5 to ten grand easy. That doesn't even include his crew. He should have chartered a flight for better comfort.

Private Jet would have been at least double what he paid.. DC to DR is easily 30k one way.

i am curious as to why y'all think first class tickets or private jets are so expensive? this is a b day trip so he probably planned this in advance so those first class tickets were more than likely under 1k each. he is not flying to australia. flight time was under 4 hours. u can rent a private jet for about 1200 per hour depending on the size. thats under 5k or u can go even cheaper by purchasing an empty leg ticket. so if a plane is leaving from nyc to pick someone up in DR they will let u hop on it for cheap.

My ? for a lot of people $500 for some tickets is too much. Everybody ain't got it like that.

o nah i wasnt saying it like they cheap. i was just saying it aint tens of thousands for first class or private jets.

me personally im a coach ? . i might add a few dollars for a premium seat on a small plane but that is about it. economy gets me there at the same time. hell i flew coach on my honeymoon lol
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maywood wrote: »
    Nothing don't need to be public. Some ? can just be what it is and left where it was.

? that ? tho.

This ? annoys me. everybody makes it a point to let the world know every little thing, who gives a ? , people chronicling every little thing, big boy got in his feelings and needed validation, handle that ? then and keep it moving ?

Nah ? That Every Racist/Potential Racist situation needs to be documented...These ain't two people fighting over a parking spot....Shoutout to Big Boy for not spitting on that ? ..Anything Negative that can happen to her behind this we welcome It..Period

Then you'll be documenting every aspect of your life homie.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Homie needs to hit the gym asap. He aint gone make it past 40
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I felt two different emotions way too fast while reading this. ? got me feeling bipolar & ? . First I beamed with pride when everyone clapped at the "I'm just a ? with money" comment after correcting this silly cave ? a few times. And then this fat ? ? goes on and apologizes! What tha ? , bruh!? Like... Whyyyyyyy??

Anything for social media attention.

Unfortunately, this is the age we're living in.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brian B. wrote: »
    I felt two different emotions way too fast while reading this. ? got me feeling bipolar & ? . First I beamed with pride when everyone clapped at the "I'm just a ? with money" comment after correcting this silly cave ? a few times. And then this fat ? ? goes on and apologizes! What tha ? , bruh!? Like... Whyyyyyyy??

lookin at his age, he's a prisoner of the times

when we were comin up, when sum ? was happenin we didn't think "let me record this"

so after their verbal exchange it seemed to occur to him "let me record this"

by & large black folks got empathy, which he showed

I'm pretty sure if someone else recorded it & put it out he wouldn't be apologizing, but since he put it out he feels a lil guilt

The O/P said dude is celebrating his 37th birthday.

He's more than old enough to not have that mentality.

Then again, there are a lot of older people caught up in social media, so...........

frs9bz8k4xoy.gif
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Those two first class side-by-side round trip tickets (with the extra long seat belt extenders) cost 5 to ten grand easy. That doesn't even include his crew. He should have chartered a flight for better comfort.

Private Jet would have been at least double what he paid.. DC to DR is easily 30k one way.

i am curious as to why y'all think first class tickets or private jets are so expensive? this is a b day trip so he probably planned this in advance so those first class tickets were more than likely under 1k each. he is not flying to australia. flight time was under 4 hours. u can rent a private jet for about 1200 per hour depending on the size. thats under 5k or u can go even cheaper by purchasing an empty leg ticket. so if a plane is leaving from nyc to pick someone up in DR they will let u hop on it for cheap.

They key factor here is timing and also the type of plane. All planes are not created equal. When I book private flights its literally a few days prior. I have a broker that consistently quotes me 16-20k one way from Teterboro to the Caribbean.. A few weeks back I tried to charter a plane from teterboro to Okc and it was $17k. I say all that to say prices vary on timing and the type of plane not to brag. We know how the IC does it..
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They key factor here is timing and also the type of plane. All planes are not created equal. When I book private flights its literally a few days prior. I have a broker that consistently quotes me 16-20k one way from Teterboro to the Caribbean.. A few weeks back I tried to charter a plane from teterboro to Okc and it was $17k. I say all that to say prices vary on timing and the type of plane not to brag. We know how the IC does it..

Nope go ahead and brag. If u got it then spend it. we in different tax brackets bruh. It's no way in the world.

Im good with my amex card and their travel agents. Catch me at Newark in that tsa line. I will meet u in D.R. Jamaica Turks? Let me know where...drinks on u my ?

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Bet he wouldnt apologize to a ? he had issues with in the food industry

word
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

My ? for a lot of people $500 for some tickets is too much. Everybody ain't got it like that.

o nah i wasnt saying it like they cheap. i was just saying it aint tens of thousands for first class or private jets.

me personally im a coach ? . i might add a few dollars for a premium seat on a small plane but that is about it. economy gets me there at the same time. hell i flew coach on my honeymoon lol

aint nothing wrong with coach...i fly that ? all the time.

when im in the states or the caribbean...i get upgraded to first class...only when im with wifey if we dont get upgraded i might use miles or wait til i get to the airport and pay for the upgrade for cheap. like $300 a ticket.

there are ways around getting a first class seat that wont break the bank for yall.
    i travel enough that i know alot about it.

i once flew from frankfurt to philly to charlotte to the DR and back first class all the way for like $700. just off my airline status.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

what you mean 30k miles?
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ain't a movie dawg.

Does this mean there's no Mekhi Phifer???
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    Wtf is he apologizing for?

Put her on blast. She gon learn today.

learn what exactly

To not prejudge...
    To not be a racist ? ? ...

Among other things

u seriously think this person is going to change because of this ordeal? she wasnt going to change whether he posted it or not.

you think due to the backlash, shes going to be like:

"hey yall, i learned something today. i was wrong. i won't ever prejudge people again"

the world doesnt work like that. people, especially bigots/racists with YEARS of life experience, don't change after one event. and if you think otherwise, you are kinda delusional.

I'm saying more that she needs to be aware that there are consequences for her actions.

If her full name and picture was out there she would prolly be a bit embarrassed no matter if she a careless racist ? . No one wants their business out for the entire world to see.(family, friends, your bosses etc)

Also in this new social justice era, it could result in her getting fired because her job don't want the backlash.

It could also resort to her getting harrased and having thousands of comments on all her social media everyday until the point she goes in hiding.

I've personally witnessed all of these things from someone who did less than this woman.

Don't underestimate the power of getting put on the summerjam screen.

breh, that lady looked over 30.

you dont think shes ever been taught "theres consequences for your actions"?

the awareness is there. she knows. she gave NO ? . why? because shes probably an ? . all she will do is keep her ? ? to herself and her circle of friends and family. her feelings towards actual ? didnt change as a result of this.

Bruh we got 30+ year old white girls on this very board that are not aware that there's consequences for their actions.

They don't go through the same ? we do. And they keep getting a pass because of soft apology ass ? like the one in the op.

If her career was on the line she'd think twice about doing that ? again.

I'm nowhere saying that she'll magically become less racist. I firmly believe a large majority of white women are.

But some don't have the audacity to say ? like that because they've been humbled before

Ain't this the same ? who let's white women call him ? ?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This guy apologized so ? him. She should have told him to get her luggage too. ? chump
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wtf is he apologizing for?

Put her on blast. She gon learn today.

learn what exactly

To not prejudge...
    To not be a racist ? ? ...

Among other things

u seriously think this person is going to change because of this ordeal? she wasnt going to change whether he posted it or not.

you think due to the backlash, shes going to be like:

"hey yall, i learned something today. i was wrong. i won't ever prejudge people again"

the world doesnt work like that. people, especially bigots/racists with YEARS of life experience, don't change after one event. and if you think otherwise, you are kinda delusional.

If anything this will probably make her more racist after the good black man exposed her to herself.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whenever they finish the story with “The whole Line started to clap” I always think duck tales are afoot.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    Whenever they finish the story with “The whole Line started to clap” I always think duck tales are afoot.

That's what I said

It might be slightly exaggerated and thats why he apologizing.

Remember that he only thought 2 of his friends were gonna see it.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White people love clapping though..

TS ? A
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shaming people is good sometimes. As long as it doesn't ? them career wise, those kinds of social consequences are good teaching tools
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? that ? tho.

• Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We can never hope to overcome evil if our battle cry is 'Forgiveness.'
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol the ? dont know how tickets work