Comments

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Mastery wrote: »
    Like I said... Rigo a ? for quittin'. ? didn't even make an attempt to adjust.
    What adjustment did u see that could be made? If he would have stood up and fought he was getting KOed. Rigondeaux saved his career with not adjusting

I see you a quitter too haha

Health>>>>>>>>> Mastery calling me a quitter lol

You really in here acting like Rigo was taking punishment in that fight!!

Rigo quit and deserves all the jokes and disrespect over that but ain't no need to add ? that never happened in that fight.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You cannot quit because you are embarrassed
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What adjustment did u see that could be made? If he would have stood up and fought he was getting KOed. Rigondeaux saved his career with not adjusting

D. Morgan wrote: »

Rigo quit and deserves all the jokes and disrespect over that but ain't no need to add ? that never happened in that fight.
    You cannot quit because you are embarrassed

k7sjgdni6o7d.gif
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea i didnt see any visible injuries on rigo. Not even a ? nose. ? sad
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol why didn’t he take punishment? Because he never fought like u ? wanted him to do. Say what u want, Rigondeaux knew he was outclassed before the bell. So why get beat up just for y’all ? ?
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Lol why didn’t he take punishment? Because he never fought like u ? wanted him to do. Say what u want, Rigondeaux knew he was outclassed before the bell. So why get beat up just for y’all ? ?

? he wasn't getting beat up. WTF fight were you watching?

A fighter can lose a fight and not take punishment. Floyd has outclassed many a fighter and after the fight at the press conference the loser barely has any marks or bruises. Its just they couldn't do ? with Floyd but didn't quit is the only difference.

Same as with Rigo he couldn't do ? with Loma but he decided to quit. It damn for sure wasn't cause he was taking punishment. Rigo knew he couldn't win and instead on going through the motions for 6 more rounds he quit.

That ? is clear as day.

? up part is you faking and acting like just cause Rigo quit and wasn't taking punishment its a knock on Loma's win when it ain't. The truth is the truth and that is Rigo quit and wasn't taking punishment and Loma won and gets all the credit he is due.

If you was thinking pass go you would actually see that is an even bigger statement for Loma. He made Rigo quit and he didn't even beat him up. He made him quit cause Rigo saw it was no way he could win.

• OmegaConflict
    Options

A fighter can lose a fight and not take punishment. Floyd has outclassed many a fighter and after the fight at the press conference the loser barely has any marks or bruises. Its just they couldn't do ? with Floyd but didn't quit is the only difference.

Same as with Rigo he couldn't do ? with Loma but he decided to quit. It damn for sure wasn't cause he was taking punishment. Rigo knew he couldn't win and instead on going through the motions for 6 more rounds he quit.

That ? is clear as day.

? up part is you faking and acting like just cause Rigo quit and wasn't taking punishment its a knock on Loma's win when it ain't. The truth is the truth and that is Rigo quit and wasn't taking punishment and Loma won and gets all the credit he is due.

If you was thinking pass go you would actually see that is an even bigger statement for Loma. He made Rigo quit and he didn't even beat him up. He made him quit cause Rigo saw it was no way he could win.

Lol@mention floyd in this ?
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Looking at the actual fight and then looking at the numbers @? _Caesar you still trying to tell me Loma physically punished Rigo?
    tenor.gif?itemid=9670297
    lomachenko-rigondeaux-compubox-punch-stats.jpg
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was only round 6. ? knew he couldn’t win. Why get punched in the head for no reason if you know it’s already over. Cause he wasn’t getting a decision vs Loma
  • Mastery
    Options
    Lemieux vs Sanders this Saturday on HBO.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/teddy-atlas-confirms-removal-no-longer-call-espn-fights--123409
    Teddy Atlas Confirms Removal, Will No Longer Call ESPN Fights

Longtime ESPN boxing analyst Teddy Atlas has confirmed that last weekend's removal from calling live ESPN boxing events will be permanent.

There were countless questions on social media last Saturday, regarding Atlas' absence from the ESPN televised card from The Theater in Madison Square Garden in New York City - headlined by WBO super featherweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko stopping Guillermo Rigondeaux in six rounds.

Atlas has been calling fights on ESPN for 21 years and has at least 2-3 years left on his existing contract with the network.

Last week's broadcasting duties were handled at ringside by newly hired analyst Mark Kriegel, network veteran Joe Tessitore and former world champion Timothy Bradley.

Atlas confirmed to the Los Angeles Times that it doesn't appear that he'll be back to calling live fights for ESPN.

"Doesn't look like it, at least from what I understand is the decision," Atlas said to the paper.

"It wasn't my decision. I can't really talk about it [more] because I'm under contract. I always try to be up-front and honest. I'm not able to speak about it. I don't mean to be vague or be to the point, because that's what I like to be and always try to be, whether people like it or not.

"It wasn't my choice. I've appreciated the 21 years I've been at ESPN and the opportunity I've been given, and I appreciate the opportunity the fans have given me. I still have three more years of a commitment to a company that's been good to me. I'm looking to fulfill my commitment and be true to that. I wish I was able to speak more on it, but I gave my word that I wouldn't."

Atlas has always been an outspoken figure on the network and some of his statements have been controversial.

Sources close to the network told the LA Times that Atlas' behavior during two of their broadcasts was the final straw and led to his removal.

Apparently, ESPN was not happy with Atlas wild eruption during Jeff Horn's disputed victory over Manny Pacquiao in July. Atlas even questioned the validity of the victory during Horn's post fight interview - which created a very awkward situation.

And then last month in Fresno, as part of the Top Rank event headlined by Jose Ramirez, Atlas engaged in an argument with Kriegel and questioned his credentials.

"They gave [Atlas] a bunch of chances," one official said to the paper. "The Fresno show was terrible. He was terrible to Kriegel and it was the straw that broke the camel's back."

Last week, Atlas was used in-studio for some of the pre and post fight features for Lomachenko-Rigondeaux.

According to ESPN executive Stephanie Druley, the network will continue to use Atlas in that type of role.

"Teddy's expertise and knowledge of boxing is unparalleled and he will continue to be a part of our boxing coverage. As we embark upon a new approach with boxing, we are also going to utilize different talent lineups. For example last week, Teddy contributed a feature on Vasiliy Lomachenko; he will continue to contribute to boxing across our platforms."

giphy.gif
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They better figure it out. That was pure garbage they put out there Saturday
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/rigondeaux-trainer-reacts-critics-my-fighter-no-quitter--123411
    Rigondeaux Trainer Reacts To Critics: My Fighter is No Quitter!
    By Miguel Rivera

Veteran Cuban trainer Pedro Diaz has come out in defense of his boxer, two-time Olympic gold medal winner Guillermo Rigondeaux (17-1, 11 KOs).

Last Saturday night at The Theater in Madison Square Garden in New York City, Rigondeaux suffered his first defeat as a pro when he refused to continue fighting beyond the sixth round of his title fight with WBO super featherweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko (10-1, 8 KOs).

The fight was a historic meeting of two amateur boxing legends, with each fighter capturing a gold medal in two Olympic games.

But the fight failed to even come close to expectations.

Rigondeaux, who was moving up by two weight divisions to take the fight, was dominated in a one-sided contest where the Cuban boxer did more holding than punching.

But at the end of the sixth, Rigondeaux said his left hand had was likely broken and he did not want to continue.

Afterwards, it was revealed by his promoter that his hand was not broken, but simply bruised.

Rigoneaux has taken a lot of heat for the outcome, even from his own fans - who labeled his refusal to fight on as a "quit job."

Diaz argues that he made the overall decision to prevent Rigondeaux from fighting any further in what he admits was a one-sided contest.

"Rigo felt a discomfort in the hand in round two, and we let him continue the fight... this perhaps made him lose his concentration a bit, he could not develop the tactics that we had mapped out with him. Lomachenko throughout the fight showed great effectiveness, but already in the sixth round Rigo was hit with a punch - and when I saw that punch and took a look at everything that was against Rigo, from a technical and a competitive point of view, we decided to take off the gloves and protect Rigo," Diaz stated in a chat with Renato Bermúdez.

"Rigo did not give up.. there is one thing that coaches have to see, which is the appearance of the [fighter], the body language of the [fighter], there are fighters - based on their body language and the look on their face - it can tell you more words than if they were actually talking."

"In this case, we recognize that Lomachenko is a great fighter, Rigo is coming up two divisions, we do not justify the defeat with this... Rigo lost, Lomachenko won and this is what happened. It is better to try to look for the win than to avoid trying for fear of failure. He pursued it, he tried at 130 and he will return to the lower divisions to prove he is a great boxer."

j0t5d2udno3h.gif
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    That ? Rigo trainer talking made the ? worse than what it already was.

He should've just shut the ? up and let people move on from that trash.
  • playmaker88
    Options
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    Next they gonna blame it on whoever wrapped his hands. Rigo whole team is garbage
  • playmaker88
    Options
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options

That ? is clear as day.

JLacey wrote: »
    It was only round 6. ? knew he couldn’t win. Why get punched in the head for no reason if you know it’s already over. Cause he wasn’t getting a decision vs Loma

Smh at y'all ? . Y'all know exactly what I'm saying that's why mastery laughing. The ? didn't take punishment because he didn't fight. If he would have fought he was getting Knocked the ? out. No chance of winning so he quit. How's this hard to understand
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options

These ? in here ain't clicking that bruh. They acting like Rigonduex they daddy
  • D. Morgan
    Options

That ? is clear as day.

JLacey wrote: »

Smh at y'all ? . Y'all know exactly what I'm saying that's why mastery laughing. The ? didn't take punishment because he didn't fight. If he would have fought he was getting Knocked the ? out. No chance of winning so he quit. How's this hard to understand

The bold is the only thing I have been saying. ? the rest of that ? you been talking and just said!!!

Just cause you been on that ? ? THURMAN to ? !! LLS
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that conor benn fight yesterday was fight of the year material.. yall see it?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • OmegaConflict
    Options

Rigo a legend tho
  • Mastery
    Options
    @playmaker88

Who you think pulling out the W on Saturday?