The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To think I actually voted for that rat. Sorry Gary Johnson.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

lmao & smh , So this wasnt enough?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOT_BoGpCn4

200.gif
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    About Jill Stein - the way to solve this is to have less democracy? Plenty of countries have more
    than 2 parties, America could benefit from a viable 3rd party
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trump woulda said aleppo sad very sad but believe me aleppo gonna win so much when im in office they gonna get tired of winning lmao
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    About Jill Stein - the way to solve this is to have less democracy? Plenty of countries have more

Majority of the people in this country are locked in for life to either democrat or republican and don't even want a third party.

Its funny to me especially in regards to black people when it comes to being open about a 3rd party. Cause I have no understanding of the blind love and loyalty that too many of us give to the democratic party like they really deserve such undying loyalty.

Look at this thread all you see is black people talking about all the dems have to do is put up some good candidates and they got their vote just that easy.
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Majority of the people in this country are locked in for life to either democrat or republican and don't even want a third party.

Its funny to me especially in regards to black people when it comes to being open about a 3rd party. Cause I have no understanding of the blind love and loyalty that too many of us give to the democratic party like they really deserve such undying loyalty.

Look at this thread all you see is black people talking about all the dems have to do is put up some good candidates and they got their vote just that easy.

Exactly. Doug Jones already signalling he aint doing ? for Bama
  • D. Morgan
    Options

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MarcusGarvey
    edited December 2017
    Options

The truth is the federal government would say it’s the states obligation to fix these neighborhoods and HUD can only do so much. Ben Carson has zero interest in enforcing Fair Housing or Urban development

States say they waiting on federal dollars

Municipalities say they waiting on state funds.

Rinse, Repeat

• D. Morgan
    Options

The truth is the federal government would say it’s the states obligation to fix these neighborhoods and HUD can only do so much. Ben Carson has zero interest in enforcing Fair Housing or Urban development

Rinse, Repeat

I posted that to show that no matter who is in office we still getting ? over. Our loyalty should be to us not a ? political party who doesn't and never has had our best interests at heart.

Folks don't want to see whats staring them right in the face though. Easier to bury their heads in the sand and keep repeating the insanity.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @MarcusGarvey @“D. Morgan” yall preachin this mornin..
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »

You know how it be some days you let the dumb ? slide and some days you just have says your peace.

Today one of those days I gotta lil something to say.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You know how it be some days you let the dumb ? slide and some days you just have says your peace.

yeh thats me in the Denzel thread. hahaha
  • D. Morgan
    Options

I see, LLS I was thinking this ? doing the same ? in the Denzel thread this morning.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Rinse, Repeat

Our loyalty should be to us not a ? political party ...

Ok ...

^ This is a given. And really it’s rhetoric

What does that have to do with the local or presidential elections?

Having “loyalty to your own” and voting in your own best interest are not mutually exclusive concepts.

Both can be true at the same time.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Rinse, Repeat

why are we waiting on the state tho?

i bet at least 5 ? who live close got a car worth over $40k and those cribs are about $10k.

stop waiting on the state or govt
    stop looking like a million when we got a few thousand
    we can take the hood back.....? just dont want to cause it dont bring the ? .

but when them hipsters come in...then ? wanna scream gentrification from their passing audi

• D. Morgan
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »

Rinse, Repeat

Our loyalty should be to us not a ? political party ...

Ok ...

^ This is a given. And really it’s rhetoric

What does that have to do with the local or presidential elections?

Having “loyalty to your own” and voting in your own best interest are not mutually exclusive concepts.

Both can be true at the same time.

But they not and thats the point.

What you saying is a given obviously for many years ain't been the case for black people. So is it really a given?

Just blindly and faithfully voting democrat is not in black people best interests and its been proven its not. Yet black people still at the polls voting for whoever has democrat behind their names.

Why is voting democrat in our best interest? I'm really trying to understand where this mindset is coming from.

I'm all for local elections the presidential election is just a show to make americans feel like they are really involved in the process of picking the president when IMO we really not.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see, LLS I was thinking this ? doing the same ? in the Denzel thread this morning.

break this ? up.

call this ? a lesbian and lets keep it moving
  • D. Morgan
    Options

break this ? up.

call this ? a lesbian and lets keep it moving

LOL funny as ? for real
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/pruitt-epa-office-checked-surveillance-devices
    Pruitt Had His EPA Office Checked For Surveillance Devices In March

Shortly after Scott Pruitt began as the administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, Pruitt had his office in the agency’s Washington, D.C., headquarters checked for covert surveillance devices, The Hill reported Monday evening.

The EPA paid $3,000 to Edwin Steinmetz Associates to conduct the sweep in March, according to documents obtained and reviewed by The Hill. The person at the EPA who gave the documents to The Hill said that the search did not uncover any devices.

Pruitt has taken unprecedented steps to secure himself and his conversations as EPA administrator. He has a 24/7 security details with 18 agents, perhaps in part due to the high number of threats he has received. The EPA also spent $25,000 to build a sound-proof booth for Pruitt.

Asked about the sweep for surveillance devices, EPA spokesperson Jahan Wilcox stressed in a statement security decisions are made by the EPA’s Protective Service Detail and that at least one previous administrator had a similar sweep done.

“Administrator Pruitt has received an unprecedented amount of threats against him and security decisions are made by EPA’s Protective Service Detail,” Wilcox said in a statement to TPM. “A similar security sweep was done for EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson.”

s1qoti48q1dt.gif
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could be wrong but I think that we have been to comfortable with the status quo. We believe the dems when they say they will help our communities when they get into office. The problem is that when they don't keep their promise, we just say "oh well, maybe next time". All of the other groups would be right at city hall or the state capital and let their voices be heard.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »

lmao & smh , So this wasnt enough?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOT_BoGpCn4

200.gif

Still better than any American that could've possibly colluded with Russia against the best interest of their nation. This applies to Trump and Stein.

Also still smarter than Trump. At least he knows when to admit he's clueless as opposed to just talking out of his ass without a clue.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options