aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JLacey wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    So i was the only one taking Saunders huh?

I couldn't call it

Saunders looked like trash against Willie Monroe but I didn't know enough about him

David is David. Gatekeeper status. I think he'd be a monster at 54 or at least could've been

He barely made 160. He struggled. Saunders just didn’t have to get fully prepared for Monroe

Yeah he always look super soft though...David

Like he just balloons up between fights

to be honest tho none of tgthat at is why he lost. he couldn't deal with movement

It’s not why he lost but it plays a role. ? looked dehydrated af at the weigh in and starting hitting the fluids as soon as he got off the scale. He just got outboxed but struggling to make weight didn’t help.

so u feel he spose to be at 168? he couldn't deal with a supposed bigger middle in Saunders who not a big puncher. u saying he was dehydrated so he either lazy or ? for growing out of 160
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing to do with size?

Your fandom has gone too far. The man said out his own mouth Rigo was too small. You can talk skill all day but he was bullying him. Rigo small for 122, you not going sit here and say size ain't matter

I wouldn't go as far to say that size didn't matter, but can you explain how it really came into play? Most of the interactions in the fight can be boiled down to Loma trying to engage, Rigo trying to sway and duck but getting tagged, and Rigo trying to hold on. I could see if Loma was initiating and controlling the grappling or if he was hitting Rigo with power shots that Rigo couldn't match, but neither of those things really happened.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So i was the only one taking Saunders huh?

I couldn't call it

Saunders looked like trash against Willie Monroe but I didn't know enough about him

David is David. Gatekeeper status. I think he'd be a monster at 54 or at least could've been

He barely made 160. He struggled. Saunders just didn’t have to get fully prepared for Monroe

Yeah he always look super soft though...David

Like he just balloons up between fights

to be honest tho none of tgthat at is why he lost. he couldn't deal with movement

It’s not why he lost but it plays a role. ? looked dehydrated af at the weigh in and starting hitting the fluids as soon as he got off the scale. He just got outboxed but struggling to make weight didn’t help.

so u feel he spose to be at 168? he couldn't deal with a supposed bigger middle in Saunders who not a big puncher. u saying he was dehydrated so he either lazy or ? for growing out of 160

Imma say lazy. I don’t think 160 should be a problem. He looked in shape when he fought GGG to me. He’s only like 28 i believe.
  • JLacey
    Options
    GGG would KO Saunders though. Would be a close fight with Canelo cause of his stamina problems
  • JLacey
    Options
    Errol Spence top 5 P4P yet? Cause i been looking at some of the rankings and he around bout 6 or 7 usually
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Errol Spence top 5 P4P yet? Cause i been looking at some of the rankings and he around bout 6 or 7 usually

Not yet but it may be hard to keep him out after the fight with Lamont

I'm curious where Canelo goes after the GGG rematch win or loss
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I really don't pay too much attention to the P4P list anymore cause its based of off potential more so instead actual production.

• OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

I really don't pay too much attention to the P4P list anymore cause its based of off potential more so instead actual production.

Thats all we have is new fighters tho
  • JLacey
    Options
    I feel he is. He’s one of the only fighters i know that could be champ at 3 or 4 weight classes. I feel like he could beat at least one champ from 147-168 in a fight.
  • JLacey
    Options

Should be based off of potential. It’s hard to base it off production when half these ? scared to fight each other
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel he is. He’s one of the only fighters i know that could be champ at 3 or 4 weight classes. I feel like he could beat at least one champ from 147-168 in a fight.
    nah
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Should be based off of potential. It’s hard to base it off production when half these ? scared to fight each other

Can't agree with that. I need proof to say a person is this or that or rank them in a certain spot.

The bold is 100% true which is why I don't pay that much attention the list anymore. It just doesn't carry the same weight anymore. Cause its based too much on speculation instead what said person has proven in the ring against good to great competition.
  • JLacey
    Options
    nah

You don’t think he can beat Hurd Saunders and Benevidez?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chill with the Hurd disrespect

No PG county slander
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/daniel-jacobs-wants-saunders-april-return-barclays-center--123565
    Daniel Jacobs Wants Saunders for April Return at Barclays Center
    By Keith Idec

Daniel Jacobs hopes Billy Joe Saunders will return to North America for his next fight, this time to New York to face him.

Jacobs is likely to fight again April 28 at Barclays Center in his native Brooklyn and wants a shot at the British southpaw’s WBO middleweight title. Saunders’ willingness to travel to Quebec to defend his title against Montreal’s David Lemieux gives Jacobs and his handlers some confidence he’ll seriously consider defending his championship against Jacobs in Brooklyn.

“We’re definitely looking to fight Billy Joe Saunders next because Triple-G and Canelo most probably will have their rematch May 5th,” Keith Connolly, Jacobs’ manager, told BoxingScene.com. “So the guy that makes the most sense for Danny is Saunders. I’ll contact his people and see what their level of interest is. But I think that would be a huge fight in New York City for Danny.”

Saunders (26-0, 12 KOs) would prefer to fight Canelo Alvarez or Gennady Golovkin, yet understands that they’re headed toward the middleweight championship rematch Connolly mentioned. The 30-year-old Jacobs (33-2, 29 KOs) has an exclusive contract with HBO and Saunders just defeated Lemieux (38-4, 33 KOs) in a bout HBO televised from Place Bell in Laval, Quebec, Canada, thus that fight seems like at least a possibility.

The 28-year-old Saunders could, however, make an easier optional defense against a less imposing opponent than Jacobs because by beating Lemieux he fulfilled his mandatory obligation with the WBO.

“I can see him avoiding Danny because Danny is such high-risk and Saunders is looking to cash out in a Canelo or Triple-G fight,” Connolly said. “But to fight one of those guys, he should go through Danny first. Danny, in my eyes, is the best middleweight in the world. But in the eyes of a lot of people, he’s the third-best middleweight in the world.

“So it should be a mini-middleweight tournament, with Canelo and Triple-G in one bracket in the rematch in May, and Danny and Saunders in the other. And then the winners fight each other in September. That would be the logical and the most entertaining thing for fans at this point, to have some sort of a middleweight tournament.”

Saunders enhanced his status in boxing by beating Lemieux so easily. An athletic, intelligent Saunders used his stiff jab and terrific footwork to befuddle Lemieux, and fought a very disciplined defensive fight to soundly defeat the hard-hitting Lemieux (120-108, 118-110, 117-111).

“I thought Saunders proved that he’s one of the elite middleweights in the world,” Connolly said. “He had great stamina, great boxing ability. It was a total shutout. I couldn’t find one round to give to Lemieux and he proved that he belongs as one of the top five or six middleweights in the world. He was definitely a lot more impressive than I expected him to be.”

• Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Keith Thurman ain’t #1 on your P4P list , your ? is wrong
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crawford is p4p 1
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-lomachenko-make-joke-mikey-garcia-make-him-quit--123293
    Arum: Lomachenko Would Make Joke of Mikey Garcia, Make Him Quit
    By Keith Idec

NEW YORK – Bob Arum is sure Mikey Garcia would suffer the same fate as previous opponents if Garcia agrees to fight Vasyl Lomachenko.

Garcia’s former promoter predicted Lomachenko would make Garcia quit in a 135-pound fight following Lomachenko’s technical knockout victory over Guillermo Rigondeaux in their WBO 130-pound championship match Saturday night in The Theater at Madison Square Garden.

“Mikey Garcia’s an excellent fighter,” Arum said. “He’ll hang with [Lomachenko] until he’s ready to get knocked out and then he’ll probably quit.”

Lomachenko hasn’t decided if he’ll move up again, this time from super featherweight to lightweight. If he does, Garcia is the best, most appealing opponent for the Ukrainian southpaw at 135 pounds.

Garcia (37-0, 30 KOs) also is one boxing’s top 10 fighters, pound-for-pound, yet Arum doesn’t consider him a true threat to beat Lomachenko (10-1, 8 KOs).

“He’ll make a joke of [Jorge] Linares, he’ll make a joke of Garcia,” Arum said. “Oh Jesus, these guys, they’re really good fighters, Linares, Garcia. This guy is super-special. You’ve never seen anything like this. He’ll go up to 135, maybe to 140. I don’t know. But he’s gonna do this to everybody.”

Arum isn’t certain, however, that a Lomachenko-Garcia fight is a realistic possibility for Lomachenko’s next fight, expected to take place in “March or April.” That fight will be harder to make than most because of the contentious history between Garcia and Arum’s Top Rank Inc.

The 29-year-old Garcia, a native of Oxnard, California, paid to terminate his contract with Top Rank, his longtime promoter, in May 2016.

That contractual conflict between Garcia and Top Rank kept the three-division champion out of the ring for 2½ years. The WBC lightweight champion has rejuvenated his career, most recently by beating former four-division champion Adrien Broner (33-3, 24 KOs, 1 NC) by unanimous decision in a 12-round, 140-pound fight July 29 at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.

“Who knows?,” Arum said of making a Lomachenko-Garcia fight. “If I say it, then I’m chasing. Let’s see. It’ll all come. With ESPN behind us, we have plenty of money to offer opponents for really good fights. And ESPN, they want the best, and this kid is the best. … I would put him in with anybody [at] 135 pounds. Anybody in the world at 135.”

Arum realizes it’ll take a healthy seven-figure offer to entice Garcia to battle Lomachenko.

“Hopefully it’ll be made,” Arum said. “You’ve gotta pay these guys a lot of money because they’re not stupid. They’re great fighters. Garcia’s a great fighter. Linares is a great fighter. But ask them, deep down, do they have a chance with this guy? They’ll tell you no.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMTUCusuD_8
  • stringer bell
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFcQfFHNDnY

Espinoza gets @ HBO,ESPN,Top Rank & Golden Boy...
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As long as Ortiz don't pop positive again, we should be good haha
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like Broner may be fightin Figuroa in March....
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    If Keith Thurman ain’t #1 on your P4P list , your ? is wrong

Ima start pressing the spam button of you for these type of posts.

That ? Keith ´sometimes´ Thurman is a ? !