Denzel Washington: Don't Blame The Prison System, 'It Starts At The Home'

Options

Comments

• okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    i understand the im not gonna knock for trying point capitol made. cool... but if u do something that u know the risk off and get caught aint no blaming whitr folk... u take the risk u take the consequence... thats my stance on it. im the most pro black ? u will meet. everything yall saying i know and agree with most of it.

nobody sayin dont accept the consequence..

i do what i do..
    made a conscious decision to do so..

if i end up in jail.. aye..
    thats the risk i took..

but how could u blame me!? why would u blame me!?
    i dont expect the white man to understand.. but my ? brother!!?

How can I blame you for going to jail, for something you know you did?

If a ? end up taking a life of someone close to you, just remember it ain’t his fault, it was the system!

If he go to prison, we rocking “Free that ? ” tees!

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    okaay wrote: »
    i understand the im not gonna knock for trying point capitol made. cool... but if u do something that u know the risk off and get caught aint no blaming whitr folk... u take the risk u take the consequence... thats my stance on it. im the most pro black ? u will meet. everything yall saying i know and agree with most of it.

i do what i do..

thats the risk i took..

If a ? end up taking a life of someone close to you, just remember it ain’t his fault, it was the system!

check this out..
    muthafuckas have took the lives of those close to me ? ass ? ..

and nah.. i dont blame them.. i blame the ? environment we in.. but doesnt mean them ? aint go be held accountable..

• sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

i do what i do..

thats the risk i took..

check this out..

and nah.. i dont blame them.. i blame the ? environment we in.. but doesnt mean them ? aint go be held accountable..

That makes no ? sense
  • CapitalB
    Options
    like i said earlier..
    dont call me a criminal i want call u a ? ass ? ..

one side we got ? angry.. other side we got ? scared.

yall really think ? out here resortin to sellin drugs ? or whatever the ? for the fun of it. smmfh

smmfh.. yall got it..

master’s favor that is. lmmfao
  • CapitalB
    edited December 2017
    Options
    sunlord wrote: »

i do what i do..

thats the risk i took..

check this out..

That makes no ? sense

to ? ? like u.. of course it dont.

dont quote me ? .
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    im on the outside looking in (white) so dismiss this post if u want

but u all dont think its possible that its a mix of both depending on the situation? the system is rigged definitely, but personal accountability must also play a factor depending on the situation. i been reading every page and its all or nothing from both sides. i dont think its that black & white (no pun intended)

and if u think its ONLY about personal accountability imo ur wrong

i remember moving into my first apartment, was me, my bro, and black friend outside. Cops came up on us and immediately searched my black friend but my bro was the one holding weed (black friend dont smoke or do drugs). Cops asked us what we were doing, NEVER searched ANYONE else. Me and my bro went back upstairs n told everyone what happened like "aint that ? up", black friend didnt make a big deal out of it.

then u gotta also think how far this ? goes back. Slavery, segregation, jim crow, red lining, taking out the black panthers, introducing drugs, war on drugs.

if u were black in the 20's/30's, u were only allowed to live in certain neighborhoods (red lining). this isnt a conspiracy, mortgage loans and zoning permits that specifically read "NEGROES not allowed"

in a city like chicago it seems to be just as segregated as in the 30s.

now u target a group of poor people who have to travel outside their neighborhoods to find work where its a white man denying them jobs, many will resort to crime. There is a correlation between poverty/crime. Its not a gene. Then many of these people get arrested, cant get out and get a job, and are all concentrated back to the same neighborhoods they came from.

honestly.....? u think is gonna happen???

DING DING DING!!!

this wigga got more soul then u ? in here who proclaim to be black! smmfh

Praise white Jesus!

But he did say personal accountability must play a factor

go up two post ? ..
    i speak on this accountability u talkin about.

Actually it's only these MFs saying "nobody should be accountable" in order to make their argument.

Just about everybody I seen who disagreed with Denzel are saying it's because it over-simplifies ? and is one-sided (doesn't hold the system accountable).
  • sunlord
    Options
    like i said earlier..

yall really think ? out here resortin to sellin drugs ? or whatever the ? for the fun of it. smmfh

smmfh.. yall got it..

I don't give a ? what you call me because it will be some made up non-factual ? .
    however when i call you a criminal it perfectly describes what you are.

? resort of crime because they are failures at life either they are too dumb or too morally weak to attain a successful life without doing crime. They don't know how to go up the social ladder so they resort to living in the underworld.
  • sunlord
    Options

i do what i do..

thats the risk i took..

check this out..

That makes no ? sense

to ? ? like u.. of course it dont.

dont quote me ? .

Why not ? ??? You cannot discredit what i said about you so you rather ignore it.
  • okaay
    Options

i do what i do..

thats the risk i took..

check this out..

like i said earlier..

smmfh.. yall got it..

? jumped into those feeling real quick!

• CapitalB
    Options
    “if a ? end up takin a life of someone close to u, just remember it aint his fault..”

muthafucka im from SouthCentral California.. we born in war ? ..

we’re indictrinated into this ? .. u know what that means!!?
    ? its ? or be killed..
    dog eat dog sink or ? swim..

OR get out by goin to join the gubment that put u in the predicament in the first place.. or have a talent the white man can exploit..

dont exploit urself tho.. its only acceptable if the white man do it.

nah i dont blame the ? that killed my cousin.. dont mean he wont get dealt wit..

but when u come from such affluence i can understand why the idea is “foreign” to u.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    like i said earlier..

smmfh.. yall got it..

I don't give a ? what you call me because it will be some made up non-factual ? .

? resort of crime because they are failures at life either they are too dumb or too morally weak to attain a successful life without doing crime. They don't know how to go up the social ladder so they resort to living in the underworld.

whatever u say whiteboy..
  • sunlord
    Options
    “if a ? end up takin a life of someone close to u, just remember it aint his fault..”

muthafucka im from SouthCentral California.. we born in war ? ..

we’re indictrinated into this ? .. u know what that means!!?
    ? its ? or be killed..
    dog eat dog sink or ? swim..

OR get out by goin to join the gubment that put u in the predicament in the first place.. or have a talent the white man can exploit..

dont exploit urself tho.. its only acceptable if the white man do it.

nah i dont blame the ? that killed my cousin.. dont mean he wont get dealt wit..

but when u come from such affluence i can understand why the idea is “foreign” to u.

If you don't blame the ? what you got to deal with him for??? he's innocent so what your cousin is laying cold in the ? ground blame the government and go ? a congressman.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

but u all dont think its possible that its a mix of both depending on the situation? the system is rigged definitely, but personal accountability must also play a factor depending on the situation. i been reading every page and its all or nothing from both sides. i dont think its that black & white (no pun intended)

i remember moving into my first apartment, was me, my bro, and black friend outside. Cops came up on us and immediately searched my black friend but my bro was the one holding weed (black friend dont smoke or do drugs). Cops asked us what we were doing, NEVER searched ANYONE else. Me and my bro went back upstairs n told everyone what happened like "aint that ? up", black friend didnt make a big deal out of it.

then u gotta also think how far this ? goes back. Slavery, segregation, jim crow, red lining, taking out the black panthers, introducing drugs, war on drugs.

if u were black in the 20's/30's, u were only allowed to live in certain neighborhoods (red lining). this isnt a conspiracy, mortgage loans and zoning permits that specifically read "NEGROES not allowed"

now u target a group of poor people who have to travel outside their neighborhoods to find work where its a white man denying them jobs, many will resort to crime. There is a correlation between poverty/crime. Its not a gene. Then many of these people get arrested, cant get out and get a job, and are all concentrated back to the same neighborhoods they came from.

poverty does not cause crime you are making a correlation is causation logical fallacy and even if it did the levels of crime in the black community is out of bounds with the amount poverty we face.

what causes crime is relative poverty which is not the same are poverty

ok so read my post over and just place 'relative' in front of where i said "poverty" this time
  • CapitalB
    Options

i do what i do..

thats the risk i took..

check this out..

like i said earlier..

smmfh.. yall got it..

my alologies for givin a ? about my people..

u wouldnt understand..
    u dont want to..

enjoy ur privilege.
  • okaay
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

DING DING DING!!!

Praise white Jesus!

go up two post ? ..

Actually it's only these MFs saying "nobody should be accountable" in order to make their argument.

Just about everybody I seen who disagreed with this Denzel statement are saying it's because it's one-sided.

That’s the point though! We all know there’s two sides, that don’t make this side wrong!

You think the ? don’t know or don’t believe there’s a system working against us?

He acknowledged it and said “stop making it easy”.

You think he out of touch or that he was answering a question that wasn’t as in-depth enough to break down everything wrong with the black community.

? gave out some game and y’all ? acting like he had to say the other side of it to validate that what he said had any merit.

• okaay
    Options

i do what i do..

thats the risk i took..

check this out..

like i said earlier..

smmfh.. yall got it..

u wouldnt understand..
    u dont want to..

enjoy ur privilege.

If you gave a ? you’d expect better.

• sunlord
    Options

poverty does not cause crime you are making a correlation is causation logical fallacy and even if it did the levels of crime in the black community is out of bounds with the amount poverty we face.

ok so read my post over and just place 'relative' in front of where i said "poverty" this time

If i do that the main point of your argument falls apart... you are saying poor people do crime because of economically and socially disadvantages.

what i am saying is that if these people are only relatively poor then is means they are not truly poor at all and their motivation for doing crime must therefore come from something.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

DING DING DING!!!

Praise white Jesus!

go up two post ? ..

Just about everybody I seen who disagreed with this Denzel statement are saying it's because it's one-sided.

That’s the point though! We all know there’s two sides, that don’t make this side wrong!

You think the ? don’t know or don’t believe there’s a system working against us?

You think he out of touch or that he was answering a question that wasn’t as in-depth enough to break down everything wrong with the black community.

? gave out some game and y’all ? acting like he had to say the other side of it to validate that what he said had any merit.

He said "can't blame the system" - people have a problem with that. PERIOD.

All that other ? is obvious to us too.
  • sunlord
    Options
    like i said earlier..

smmfh.. yall got it..

whatever u say whiteboy..

I first i was a Jamaican immigrant now i'm a white boy??????????

you getting weaker ?
  • okaay
    Options

DING DING DING!!!

Praise white Jesus!

go up two post ? ..

He said "can't blame the system" - people have a problem with that. PERIOD.

All that other ? is obvious to us too.

Context ? ....

You can’t blame the system if doing everything to fall into the trap.

• Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If i do that the main point of your argument falls apart... you are saying poor people do crime because of economically and socially disadvantages.

what i am saying is that if these people are only relatively poor then is means they are not truly poor at all and their motivation for doing crime must therefore come from something.

So u dont think they are socially/economically disadvantaged? and their motivation for doing crime doesnt stem from poverty?
  • CapitalB
    Options

i do what i do..

thats the risk i took..

check this out..

like i said earlier..

smmfh.. yall got it..

u wouldnt understand..
    u dont want to..

enjoy ur privilege.

If you gave a ? you’d expect better.

lol & smmfh..
    u aint been payin attention to ? ..

the ? else do u expect?!

we done wit this convo..
    im talkin to a ? idiot.

thats clear to me now..

and jus so we clear..
    me and mines good IN SPITE of..

cause aint no crooked governent go scare me or shame me into goin the “straight” and narrow..

if only u held the government to the same standard u hold those it oppresses. lmmfao

• CapitalB
    Options
    this white boy really tried to slide morals into a conversation when the American government is the topic. hahahaha
    funniest ? i read today. hahaha
  • okaay
    Options
    Bruh, seriously

Y’all know Denzel good enough to know his intent without context?

If all it take is a sound bite to turn on a ? , what you ? good for?
  • CapitalB
    Options
    The Biggest ? ..
    The Biggest Gangsta..
    The Biggest Drug Dealer..

is..

u guessed it..

IMPOVERISHED BLACK PEOPLE. hahaha