yooo Wiz Khalifa Got Next, (not j. cole)

Options

Comments

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Who dat 19 on Billboard rap charts, All i want is you 70 on pop charts, but i'm sure in your mind Wiz is charting, back up your talk with facts and numbers dude.

You don't really want to go there do you?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    $pyda wrote: »
    I definitely agree. Way back mixtapes were basically showcases of ? talent over a popular song or some ? but when we basically entered this decade the mixtape game changed. Thanks in part to 50, who made mixtape tracks in regular song format. Nowaways these mixtapes are basically like albums and the music is original and everything. I can't wait for Friday Night Lights son.

Exactly. I mean how can you not call the warm up real music. I don't get that at all. Even with Wayne's dedication mixtapes i had to say to myself ok i gotta give mixtapes more love and pay them attention. I mean have folks really digested what Drake did off a mixtape. Love the guy or hate him he took success of a mixtape to another level. and i'm sure execs are looking at there artists like hey Drake created his own buzz and promotion off making hit songs. Regardless of being with Wayne he made songs that just blew up. As an exec i need you to bang out a mixtape with a hit on it then we can talk album. It's now part of the game b/c he man isn't spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on a ? selling 25,000 copies.
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Exactly. I mean how can you not call the warm up real music. I don't get that at all. Even with Wayne's dedication mixtapes i had to say to myself ok i gotta give mixtapes more love and pay them attention. I mean have folks really digested what Drake did off a mixtape. Love the guy or hate him he took success of a mixtape to another level. and i'm sure execs are looking at there artists like hey Drake created his own buzz and promotion off making hit songs. Regardless of being with Wayne he made songs that just blew up. As an exec i need you to bang out a mixtape with a hit on it then we can talk album. It's now part of the game b/c he man isn't spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on a ? selling 25,000 copies.

Exactly, mixtapes are becoming more and more important. ? now can literally go on tour with mixtape material and EVERYONE will know the songs.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Who dat 19 on Billboard rap charts, All i want is you 70 on pop charts, but i'm sure in your mind Wiz is charting, back up your talk with facts and numbers dude.

Okkk..Black and Yellow is a NEW single and it's already # 28 on Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs.
    Who Dat aint a new single..? was released like in May. Yet Wiz's practically brand new single is only 11 slots behind j cole.

As of Monday, Black and Yellow is also #3 on the iTunes Hip Hop Chart.
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited November 2010
    Options
    By the way
    to usmarin

Black N Yellow #43 (and rising weekly) on Billboard Top 100
    #14 (and rising weekly) on Billboard Rap Charts

Now politely exit the thread please.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You don't really want to go there do you?

Go there, J Cole spitting lyrics on his singles and charting while Wiz is making 3rd grade ditties singles. I posted tangible facts, what are you basing your ? on, hood love and other nonsense that can't be measured.

Who dat

19 on rap charts
    93 on pop charts
    32 on r and b charts

All i want is you

61 on pop charts
    8 on the r and b charts
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    By the way
    to usmarin

Ether.......
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    that's what wiz did tho. he's been out since 05/06. Dude had an almost cult like underground following before he got more mainstream this year. He didnt have any instant success, wiz has been workin to get his name out there for a minute.
    Nobody is caught up in "instant success"

Do realize that this ? Wiz has been sitting, SITTING on songs from Kush & OJ for months now and has only gotten bigger, all the while RARELY putting ? out. He has built his fanbase from the ground up for years, this isnt some "he came out of nowhere" ? .

i been saying this forever, ? aint goin nowhere no time soon he has an actual fan base
  • usmarin3
    edited November 2010
    Options
    By the way
    to usmarin

Congrats, Wiz ditties are making a impact but J Cole spitting real ? and being lyrical and still charting >. Even Ja Rule had more hit records than Nas, with all his ditties!
  • lookdude
    edited November 2010
    Options
    the fact that 4 to 5 wiz khalifa threads are made daily on here just proves he's finna blow up lol
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    so what the ? is j.cole doing?
    where was he 5 years ago when wiz was dropping mixtapes and building his fanbase?
    where was he even 2 or 3 years ago when wiz was on the radio with "say yeah"
    you just contradicted the ? out of yourself, ?

where was he 5 years ago?

in college, on a scholarship, grinding, making the music that would eventually lead him to meeting and signing with jay-z

what the ? were you doin 5 years ago
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »
    the fact that 4 to 5 wiz khalifa threads are made daily on here just proves he's finna blow up lol

you could say the same about cole.....
  • fuc_i_look_like
    edited November 2010
    Options

Just checked the first 3 pages.
    All of J.Cole's threads are empty tho
  • lookdude
    edited November 2010
    Options

i can.... i believe he's goin to too
  • usmarin3
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »

Funny ? is, i heard the same ? about Wacka and his album did 35000 in it's first week and same for Gucci (still aint even gold). lol
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Naw he won't blow
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Everytime I ask people about Wiz they say, "He's not for everyone." Its like they giving an excuse for if you find him wack....
  • goobs
    goobs Members Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • usmarin3
    edited November 2010
    Options
    t. webb wrote: »
    Everytime I ask people about Wiz they say, "He's not for everyone." Its like they giving an excuse for if you find him wack....

Might as well say he has good production!!!!!!!!!!
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    He's gonna be alrite in the long run cuz he can change his style up if the game changes
    Listen to Prince of the City 1 & 2 and listen to him now and notice the difference
    The funny thing is that on the internet people say he raps about nothing but weed but mainstream wise, his 2 biggest songs are Black and Yellow and Say Yeah, which in my opinion are 2 wack ass songs
  • lookdude
    edited November 2010
    Options
    He's gonna be alrite in the long run cuz he can change his style up if the game changes
    Listen to Prince of the City 1 & 2 and listen to him now and notice the difference
    The funny thing is that on the internet people say he raps about nothing but weed but mainstream wise, his 2 biggest songs are Black and Yellow and Say Yeah, which in my opinion are 2 wack ass songs

• fuc_i_look_like
    edited November 2010
    Options
    t. webb wrote: »

c'mon son...the "he's not for everyone" line can be used for any rapper tho.
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Congrats, Wiz ditties are making a impact but J Cole spitting real ? and being lyrical and still charting >. Even Ja Rule had more hit records than Nas, with all his ditties!

Lmao you are such a ? clown. First thing you say is Where is Wiz on the charts, prove it and ? . WE PROVE IT and now you're argument is, "Cole spitting real lyrical ? and Wiz spitting 3rd grade ? " get the ? out of here hater ass ? . Don't switch up your argument because you was briskly proven wrong.
  • lookdude
    Options
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn reading through this thread some of yall owe Usmarin an apology

In 2015

Cole >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wiz