How is Egypt (Kemet, the Black land, descendants of Kush, located in Africa)...

Options

Comments

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Although Egypt is physically located within Africa, depending on which definition of "Black" you use, the Sahara comes into play.

The reason is probably because the Northern Africans also used the Mediterranean as did the Southern Europeans, so they were somewhat "acquainted" with each other. I don't even think the Ancient Greeks got below the Sahara in their time. But as the Europeans explored further south in the 15th century, they came into contact with the Sub-Saharan Africans; who they considered "dark". This distinction likely led to the coining of the term.
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    just admit,,,egyptians were and always will be AFRICANS
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I didn't say they're not African.

I said they're not "black."

But more importantly, Egypt was a ? place to live for those thousands of years the pharaohs ruled. If you were born a slave, you would die a slave. Less than 10% of the population was taught how to read. The average life expectancy was less than 30 years.

And if you didn't like the way the gubment was running things? Too bad.

Living in America >>>>>>>>>>>> Living in ancient Egypt

Egypt, Nubia, Mali in the early and mid 1000's where much better for Blacks than America. Unless you think being hated for your skin color is cool. Then again your White, you don't have any value to this discussion to begin with. You are also right in a sense, a majority wasn't Black. They were dark brown with kinky hair, medium brown, milk chocolate, and then some were dark. But as for the color Black, they weren't Black completely. Some looked like Kai V.
  • #1 pick
    edited February 2011
    Options
    no, thats western asia

It was consider the same region as many African countries for many years before the Greeks took control.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Isn't Israel geographically North Africa also?

yep yep. it sho is...
  • #1 pick
    edited February 2011
    Options
    False. The Sahara is a ? of a geographic feature. The boundary it creates between peoples is tremendous.

North Africans are light-skinned, often almost to the point of being white. And they were this way BEFORE the influx of Arabs. Sub-Saharans are black.

Quoting this post again because you people can't stand it:
    It wasn't like this at all, your local **** can tell you. Put it this way. Africa is a Continent. People to this day just relocated for land to fish and get food. It's why Timbuktu and other mega-cities came into place. Even major cities in Nubia. Many African countries had a lot of different types. In fact, in most African countries, people look at your face to tell where you are from. It was a form of telling where you are from, in fact I still have that ability but it's international, not local. I can tell where you are from in one look and guess the location with great accuracy. The whole Sub-whatever is some white ideo-crapology ? . No such thing, Blacks go anywhere they can for a better life, they came to America around 1500 years ago and 1000 years ago. Jews were here in 700 years in Ohio, not the Khazars like you but the real Jews. Not saying your type isn't real because it is but you guys weren't the first. You joined, they accepted you, you learned to region and became one with it. Like the Greeks did the Egyptians in historical terms. Arabs are aren't a race either. When Muhammad came through Africa, he skin color wasn't spoken on. Most Arabs are just Muslims. White ppl like you are always trying to box ppl, there is no need to box one into a category unless you feel the need to discriminate. This isn't Mesopotamia, Athens, Greece in 100's, or Berlin in 1920-30's. Now that I think about it, it is, America in a lot of ? just like Germany was. Only different isn't nothing has happen yet.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    yep yep. it sho is...

Ktulu said that its not North Africa

the only reason I asked was becuz a White Jew told me that he was from Israel and that he is of AFRICAN descent jus like me... it confused the ? outta me

you can say what you want... but who the fucc made these geographical boundary lines???

whose to say that Saudi Arabia isn't an African nation???

Hell isn't Russia located in Europe and Asia????????

Whose to say that the ancient Egyptians werent BOTH dark skinned people and lighter skinned people
    of course the lighter skinned people would hold higher social standings which is the case in most societies.....
  • judahxulu
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ktulu said that its not North Africa

the only reason I asked was becuz a White Jew told me that he was from Israel and that he is of AFRICAN descent jus like me... it confused the ? outta me

you can say what you want... but who the fucc made these geographical boundary lines???

whose to say that Saudi Arabia isn't an African nation???

Hell isn't Russia located in Europe and Asia????????

ktulu is just a troll. i live there. its northeastern Africa. if the Suez canal was never excavated you could walk right into northern Egypt from southern Israel and vice versa.
    the white jew you met mighta been tunisian or morrocan. they call them sephardic.
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    Not considered an African Country? Regardless of which ethnicity/religious group populates the country today, 3000 years ago, before any settlers from Greece, Rome or the Middle East breached the city's walls, while it was a thriving civilization it was a Black city. I dont understand the argument...

Culturally and politically, North Africa has more in common with West Asia than they do with sub-saharan Africa. I consider North Africa to be part of the 'Middle East'.

There was never a mass physical migration of Arabs from West Asia who displaced the indigenous population of North Africa. Most North Africans today descend entirely from indigenous Berbers/Egyptians who adopted the Arab culture and identity or are of mixed Arab and indigenous descent.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited February 2011
    Options
    And another thing that confuses me....

Whether youre a Theist who believe we were all created by one higher power
    or Atheist and you believe in the big bang and such
    or a Christian who believe in Adam and Eve
    or Hebrew and you believe in Abraham

the underlying idea is that we ALL originated from the SAME beginnings....

So are we NOT all the same people regardless of race, color, and nationality?

In the grand scheme of things why does race and color always matter so much?

Do we not all come from the same starting point?
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    Culturally and politically, North Africa has more in common with West Asia than they do with sub-saharan Africa. I consider North Africa to be part of the 'Middle East'.

There was never a mass physical migration of Arabs from West Asia who displaced the indigenous population of North Africa. Most North Africans today descend entirely from indigenous Berbers/Egyptians who adopted the Arab culture and identity or are of mixed Arab and indigenous descent.

but at the end of the day whether you consider it the Middle East or not.... isn't it still North AFRICA?

what is the Middle East? Is it a nation? Country? Or it jus a vague title for a geographical area of land.....
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    but at the end of the day whether you consider it the Middle East or not.... isn't it still North AFRICA?

what is the Middle East? Is it a nation? Country? Or it jus a vague title for a geographical area of land.....

Geographically, Egypt is an African country but using the term 'African' geographically is meaningless (to me) if it includes countries that have very little in common. What common identity does an Egyptian share with a Namibian (as an Egyptian and as a Namibian and not as Muslims, men, humans, vegetarians etc. ) that the Egyptian doesn't share with an Iraqi?

It's a matter of perspective. It's not my place to classify or define other people for them.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    And another thing that confuses me....

Whether youre a Theist who believe we were all created by one higher power
    or Atheist and you believe in the big bang and such
    or a Christian who believe in Adam and Eve
    or Hebrew and you believe in Abraham

the underlying idea is that we ALL originated from the SAME beginnings....

So are we NOT all the same people regardless of race, color, and nationality?

In the grand scheme of things why does race and color always matter so much?

Do we not all come from the same starting point?
    We're all humans, but due to differences in appearance/location/history, opinions are formed about other humans.

Most species of animal are intra-competitive and humans are the same in this regard; however, because of our increased intelligence and the resulting emotions, differences/competition can become the bases for strong feelings/beliefs.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol @ those making a point that ancient Egypt wasn't 'black' (quotation marks or not) or 'white' (quotation marks or not). No, huh?? Well whoop-dee-do...the whole concept of 'race' is inaccurate to begin with...but dat don't stop yall from referring to folk in this age as 'white' or 'black'....so therefore, what's your point? Don't try to get all accurate and proper NOW when talking bout Ancient Egypt. Cuz the whole point is, if you take the founders of Egypt and put them into today's setting, without knowing their bloodline, they would most likely be referred to by others as 'black'.
    Ancient Egypt started with dark skinned people. That's African dna. Live with it. Oh and the T/S is correct in that Greeks didn't come in for a looong time.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ktulu is just a troll. i live there. its northeastern Africa. if the Suez canal was never excavated you could walk right into northern Egypt from southern Israel and vice versa.
    this doesn't change the fact that Israel is not actually in Africa. there was probably a time you could walk all the way from North America to South America, but they're still two different continents
  • judahxulu
    edited February 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    this doesn't change the fact that Israel is not actually in Africa. there was probably a time you could walk all the way from North America to South America, but they're still two different continents

what makes it more asia then africa?more of it touches africa then asia. the flora and fauna reflect africa, not asia.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol @ those making a point that ancient Egypt wasn't 'black' (quotation marks or not) or 'white' (quotation marks or not). No, huh?? Well whoop-dee-do...the whole concept of 'race' is inaccurate to begin with...but dat don't stop yall from referring to folk in this age as 'white' or 'black'....so therefore, what's your point? Don't try to get all accurate and proper NOW when talking bout Ancient Egypt. Cuz the whole point is, if you take the founders of Egypt and put them into today's setting, without knowing their bloodline, they would most likely be referred to by others as 'black'.
    Ancient Egypt started with dark skinned people. That's African dna. Live with it. Oh and the T/S is correct in that Greeks didn't come in for a looong time.
  • janklow
    edited February 2011
    Options
    what makes it more asia then africa?more of it touches africa then asia.
    well, this is just factually inaccurate: Israel shares a border with one indisputably African nation and three Asian ones. and frankly, the border between Egypt and Israel often serves as a border between Asia and Africa.
    the flora and fauna reflect africa, not asia.
    yeah, it's got a Mediterranean climate... but wait, most of Africa doesn't. and it's not like deserts are something found only in Africa.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited February 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    well, this is just factually inaccurate: Israel shares a border with one indisputably African nation and three Asian ones. and frankly, the border between Egypt and Israel often serves as a border between Asia and Africa.

yeah, it's got a Mediterranean climate... but wait, most of Africa doesn't. and it's not like deserts are something found only in Africa.

well after doin my research its said that Israel doesn't even border Africa at all

it borders Egypt... but part of Egypt is in Africa the other part is Asia (the Sinai Peninsula)
    Africa ends at the Suez Canal
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    well after doin my research its said that Israel doesn't even border Africa at all

it borders Egypt... but part of Egypt is in Africa the other part is Asia (the Sinai Peninsula)
    Africa ends at the Suez Canal

Yeah but the cool thing is that 'Egypt' ruled over Palestine/Israel etc for years. Think Tutmoses the third. When people think about Moses, they think it's a hebrew name etc/think about jews, but its actually Egyptian and the Egyptian cultures basically birthed those in Israel/Palestine etc, heavily influenced the cultures over there.

Still we are discussing just a word given to a land mass.....'africa', 'asia'(which just means east) etc who cares about the made upl borders. Back in the days of the first dynasties etc ? 's didn't even call themselves african/asian(or even egyptian), in fact the given that so many dynasties of egypt ruled over parts of what we today call 'asia'*and 'africa' really should say enough about what they consdered their world. Who the hell are way to say anno 2011 that those bros are african/asian when during their times those illusive labels didn't even exist.

It's all a bunch of ? man.
  • janklow
    edited February 2011
    Options
    this is a valid point; i think the concept is mainly due to Egypt being considered an African nation (due to where the majority of it is)
    Alkindus wrote: »
    Still we are discussing just a word given to a land mass.....'africa', 'asia'(which just means east) etc who cares about the made upl borders.
    well, in fairness, we're talking about continents, so the border isn't ENTIRELY "made up"
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I would really appreciate it if someone could drop some books for me to read......everyone supposed to be about spreading knowledge.....hell drop the names of some books
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i consider it to be an african country but it culd still be labeled as a middle eastern country cuz its in the middle east
  • 7one3
    7one3 Members Posts: 5
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Cain_Marko wrote: »
    Oh my bad. To me the answer is they dont wanna give Africans the credit they deserve

bottom line^^^^^^^history has been whitewashed
This discussion has been closed.