the most manufactured carefully pieced together rapper of all time is ?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Legend in Two SportsPosts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Reason
off the top of my head i'm going 50cent but i'm sure u people can come up with others ......

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Plies

Who the ? downplays their intelligence, pretend to be a goon, etc to sell some records. Did i mention make the same formulaic singles aimed at ? about thug love.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The F is for Fenomenal...
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Plies

Who the ? downplays their intelligence, pretend to be a goon, etc to sell some records. Did i mention make the same formulaic singles aimed at ? about thug love.

damn I forget about Plies AKA "Crackers gave my ? a hunded yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas left his mommmmma in dat coatwooooooom shedddddddin tears" !
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nas, Eminem, Dr. Dre

I see where u going with eminem .....

I see where u going with Dr.Dre aka Temptation circa 84 ...

but where u getting that vibe about nas being manufactured ?
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lil wayne or rick fraud
  • CallMeBloom
    CallMeBloom Members Posts: 41
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Wiz seems to be pretty manufactured if you ask me...
  • Woochie
    Woochie Members Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    That bean sprout Wiz Khalifa.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nicky Minaj?

No other rapper in the history of the game has more interchangeable parts than the Barbie doll....plastic ass, false eye-lashes, fake accent, pounds of make-up..just a complete pop-tart manufactured toward teen-girls who miss playing with dolls.

But 50-Cent is an exec's wet-dream: dark-skinned, orphaned, bare-chested, ? -dealer who got shot multiple times that sing-raps and thrives off rap-beef and negativity....

But if you look at how Iovine used the "8-Mile" movie to shape peoples perception of Emenim as this heroic white-trash figure who slayed the evil ni99ers like Rocky Balboa, then you have to give Interscope credit for brilliant manufacturing.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Tupac is

People actually think duke was a thug,when truthfully he was far from one

What is a thug??
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    drake's awkward acting self

ja rule
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nas, went through mad different styles. I believe he manufactured himself though. If you look at Nas from Illmatic when he was on the street ? (Cormega said Nas was portraying him) to the Mafioso Nas, to Escobar, to Godson, to the ghetto prophet. It's all manufactured images and characters, dude does it well though.

so u think the project prophet with vivid story description is bamboozling the people huh .....

I honest think he would rather be the around corner scripture spittin ? and sell good records that way .... it looks forced when he goes into "esco" mode .
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I agree Nas Escobar was manufactured......
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Pretty much all of those fake mafioso rappers
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    A thug is an ignorant bufoon who destroys his community wit divisive,crab in a barrel behavior,beliefs and rhetoric

Ie: Sellin dope to your people,beating or rapin your women,corrupting the youth and yellin 'thuglife' and encouraging black youth to ? ,drink liqour and be thugs

Also makin fun of specific diseases that only black people get and gettin brothas killed

Thats what tupac did

He was a manufactured rapper who really was a lil lost black boy who was immature and talked a lot

Dayum, this post is pretty etherous. Feelings will caught and laughs will be shared.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited October 2011
    Options
    A thug is an ignorant bufoon who destroys his community wit divisive,crab in a barrel behavior,beliefs and rhetoric

Ie: Sellin dope to your people,beating or rapin your women,corrupting the youth and yellin 'thuglife' and encouraging black youth to ? ,drink liqour and be thugs

Also makin fun of specific diseases that only black people get and gettin brothas killed

Thats what tupac did

He was a manufactured rapper who really was a lil lost black boy who was immature and talked a lot

You just described 50-Cent who destroyed his community with divisive crab-in-the-barrel behavior, belief, and rhetoric.

50-Cent sold drugs, viciously beat people, abused women, he also corrupted millions of youth with his violent video-games and gun posturing....he once put a bullet-proof vest on his 5 yr old son.

He also negatively influenced the youth to "Get rich or Die Trying" which led to an increase in crime around the country...he lyrically mocked the death of Hommo and the incarceration of Ja-Rule while getting an affiliate murdered after his violent crew attacked Jimmy Henchmens son.

This is the same barbaric individual who burned down a home with his own child in it...

Tupac had redeeming qualities and much of his music had substance but 50-Cents only objective is to damage other Black men who are trying to feed their families.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2011
    Options

Thats what tupac did

u said in the post u deleted that u wasn't gon go this route just couldn't pass up a jab at pac huh LoL ....
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited October 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    You just described 50-Cent who destroyed his community with divisive crab-in-the-barrel behavior, belief, and rhetoric.

50-Cent sold drugs, viciously beat people, abused women, he also corrupted millions of youth with his violent video-games and gun posturing....he once put a bullet-proof vest on his 5 yr old son.

He also negatively influenced the youth to "Get rich or Die Trying" which led to an increase in crime around the country...he lyrically mocked the death of Hommo and the incarceration of Ja-Rule while getting an affiliate murdered after his violent crew attacked Jimmy Henchmens son.

This is the same barbaric individual who burned down a home with his own child in it...

Tupac had redeeming qualities and much of his music had substance but 50-Cents only objective is to damage other Black men who are trying to feed their families.

This makes sense. However, this also go against claims that 50 was manufactured. The same ignorant ? you get on wax is the same ignorant ? you seen before stardom.

To answer the thread, its obviously Lil Wayne. I read am article about two years ago that said he resembles Mr.Potatoehead due to how put together he is. Not an ounce of originality. Just different parts put together yo make him.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Wayne is conveniently a blood/hipster/rock star/thug.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2011
    Options
    50 HAD thug traits and 50 cent never preached the black unity rhetoric like pac did

Difference is 50 cent does positive things for his community ie: Organizing coat drives in queens,organizing turkey giveaways,sending impoverished brothas and sistas to college wit partial or full academic scholarships

And his street king project speaks for itself

Also 50 cent was not the reason a legendary rapper like biggie was killed

yea as a human being 50 is as real to himself as it gets nothing manufactured he gives u the uncut .....

but the way he was pushed by that machine is just turrible ....
    the gunshots on every song to mutliple interview's/documentaries on how he got shot and him flaunting a gucci bulletproof vest while toating that iron in every magazine picture was genius manufacturing .
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    He also negatively influenced the youth to "Get rich or Die Trying" which led to an increase in crime around the country...

yeah, you know, except for the fact that crime rates have trended downwards since the early to mid 90s.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2011
    Options
    That's what he said in the deleted post......

Actually after thinking about it a lil more. Gotta say Game. Dude is completely manufactured. Grew up in a crip hood but became a Blood at 22? Had a tongue ring, blonde highlights in highschool but became a gangsta rapper when it was time to sign to Aftermath. Beefs then apologizes to diss after the apology.

LoL tommy said he wasn't taking the bait and didnt know what a thug was when H asked him at first .... ? 's mouth was watering at the thought of taking a open shot at pac though ....

yea game was pieced together also .... lets not forget him and his brother falling out and his brother calling him a fake blood .
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2011
    Options
    genstasia wrote: »
    Flo Rida looks like an exec seen him and was like "U look like u can be a rapper. Want a deal? and he been rapping in small ass wife beaters ever since.

yea but flo rida was always the beach party type ? with his tracks nothing really over the type with bravado and gun glory ..... he also does bar-mitzvah's .....
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nicki is at the top for obvious reasons. Everything from her personality to body parts have been manufactured to fit her gimmick.

Wiz Khalifa. Weed head persona, white boy friendly lyrics, and staged relationship w/ Amber Rose are all manufactured.

Drake: Former child actor off canadian children's tv show. Enough said.

Mac Miller: I can't stand this dude. Random white kid from surburbs w/ cookie soft rap persona manufactured for others of his kind.