What's ur favorite UGK album & Why???

Options

Comments

• HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too Hard To Swallow. Every song is a classic, you can listen to it all the way through.

yeah i talkin about too hard in another thread the other day.....these boys dont know about all that
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im still hot....how the ? is the UNDERGROUND kings overrated?....if anything they never got the shine they were really supposed to get....but again maybe thats because they were the underground kings.....

this ? said field mob *holds back the tears*
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea cant sleep on Too Hard to Swallow they had a top 3 drug dealin track wit Pocket full of Stones on there them ? was teenagers when they made dat album too....crazy
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    Yamoley wrote:
    UGK = the most overrated rap duo ever

Ball & MJG >>> UGK
    hell, even Field Mobb >>> UGK
    Bun B is boring as hell and ? C was better at ? -talking than rapping

hang yourself with a horse ? .....
    no need to get all hostile, breh....in my opinion when it comes to rap duos, UGK isn't even top 10
    EPMD
    Mobb Deep
    ? and Red
    Kast
    Ball & G
    Capone n Noreaga
    A Team
    Clipse
    Organized Konfusion
    Black Star
    all ? on UGK.....
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    super tight.. it was the 1st one i bought. ridin ? was their best effort tho. pop it in & press play

top 5 southern rap albums

southernplayalistic

ridin ?

comin out hard

the diary

400 degrees
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YaMoley u r entitled to ur opinion mane, but I can't feel u on that ? . 8ball & MJG r on the same level wit UGK n my opinion, but Field Mob ? no!!! Don't get me wrong they were dope as hell, but they ain't touching UGK wit a 12 ft. Pole. UGK top 5 duo in hip-hop history in my opinion. O yeah Blackstar, CNN, organized Konfusion were tight, but they don't have Enough material to ? wit ? & Bun, & UGK 100% more trill & realer than Mobb Deep. U ain't never hear about UGK gettin plunked out, dissed and ? over like u did about Mobb!!! Lol
  • moyo
    Options
    & ? & Red as tight as they were together were more of a novelty act in my opinion. Ridin ? & Underground Kings ? all over Blackout!!!
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    moyo wrote: »
    YaMoley u r entitled to ur opinion mane, but I can't feel u on that ? . 8ball & MJG r on the same level wit UGK n my opinion, but Field Mob ? no!!! Don't get me wrong they were dope as hell, but they ain't touching UGK wit a 12 ft. Pole. UGK top 5 duo in hip-hop history in my opinion. O yeah Blackstar, CNN, organized Konfusion were tight, but they don't have Enough material to ? wit ? & Bun, & UGK 100% more trill & realer than Mobb Deep. U ain't never hear about UGK gettin plunked out, dissed and ? over like u did about Mobb!!! Lol

he's trolling....or never heard a ugk album in his life...

• YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options

just because a ? that doesn't go along with the general consensus don't mean they're a "troll"....never saw the hype with Boring B and ? C....definitely one of the most overrated rap duos ever. maybe it's just you southern dudes that put these cats on a pedestal...the greatness you see in UGK, I don't see it
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »

just because a ? that doesn't go along with the general consensus don't mean they're a "troll"....never saw the hype with Boring B and ? C....definitely one of the most overrated rap duos ever. maybe it's just you southern dudes that put these cats on a pedestal...the greatness you see in UGK, I don't see it

thats cool bro....if you dont ? with them you dont ? with them.....they're still legends whether you think they are or not...But I guess I feel the same about all them groups from NY so it is what it is.....Ball & G are legends but they're not ? with ugk....but at least you ? with them.....means your not a region.....
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cant pick a favorite one because Underground Kingz, Riding ? & ? Money are all classics but I bump Underground Kingz the most
  • moyo
    Options
    @T.Sanford I feel ya, that UnderGround Kings is one of the last classic albums released in hip hop. Swishas & Doja!!!
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cosign t. sandford. that was my ? 07-08. my senior year of hs
  • moyo
    Options
    I was so charged when that album came out in 07, I went to the mall to cop it & I got there so early I had to walk around the mall for 30 minutes or do before the record store opened so I could cop it!!! & it was worth every bit of it.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    'Underground Kingz' and 'Super Tight' are #2 and #3 respectively, but gotta go with 'Ridin ? '. They had alot of classics, but that was their masterpiece. Bun was at his lyrical prime and ? was at his producing prime. I listen to the album front to back routinely, but if I had to pick the songs I jam the most in order...

1. Diamonds & Wood....? at his best. Amazing song.
    2. One Day
    3. Murder
    4. Good Stuff
    5. Hi-Life/3 In Do Mornin
  • moyo
    Options
    I totally agree, but that's why I carry is my favorite song on there. I can put that ? on repeat and listen to it all day!!!
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ridin ?

soul loved Murder, One Day
  • moyo
    Options
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Money is still the ?
  • moyo
    Options
    I was disappointed in ? Money It was a straight album to me, but I was expecting so much more after the length of time between Ridn ? and ? money.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tie between ? Money & Underground Kingz.

For UG Kingz..I can play that ? pretty much all the way through. Only song I'm skipping is the OG Like That. ? poured his heart on each of them tracks and Bun was killing on his verses. His verse on Take the hood back is one of my favorites of all time just because of how real it is. My favorite tracks: Shattered Dreams, How Long Can It Last, Gravy, and Heaven

? Money: Just a trill ass tape. Favorites: ? Money, PA ? , and Take It Off

• moyo
    Options
    Underground KIngs was a triumphant ass album to me. That whole first disc goes super hard to me, Don't skip a damn thing. "Grind hard" and "Take the hood back" were the only two I had to warm up to, but besides that that first cd was rolling. "Like that" was my ? @AggieLean. I'm surprised u aint like that one. The 2nd disc was straight, more hit or miss than disc 1, but the hits mane!!! "Shattered dreams", "Candy", "How long will it last", "Still Ridin' ? ", "2 types of ? ", "? ", "Real women", whole album is a damn classic.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »

For UG Kingz..I can play that ? pretty much all the way through. Only song I'm skipping is the OG Like That. ? poured his heart on each of them tracks and Bun was killing on his verses. His verse on Take the hood back is one of my favorites of all time just because of how real it is. My favorite tracks: Shattered Dreams, How Long Can It Last, Gravy, and Heaven

My all time favorite track on ? Money was let me see. That ? knocks
  • moyo
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »

My all time favorite track on ? Money was let me see. That ? knocks

Especially if you're in a car wit some mean bass.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Underground KIngs was a triumphant ass album to me. That whole first disc goes super hard to me, Don't skip a damn thing. "Grind hard" and "Take the hood back" were the only two I had to warm up to, but besides that that first cd was rolling. "Like that" was my ? @AggieLean. I'm surprised u aint like that one. The 2nd disc was straight, more hit or miss than disc 1, but the hits mane!!! "Shattered dreams", "Candy", "How long will it last", "Still Ridin' ? ", "2 types of ? ", "? ", "Real women", whole album is a damn classic.

Funny thing about Like That, is I like the remix on the first cd even though it's nothing but a beat change. I just don't like the beat on the OG version.
    I agree with you on the classic comment. Them boys got 2 classics. Ridin ? & UG Kingz