Nas - Daughters

Options

Comments

• the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? man, I can't listen to nothing right now cause I'm in class right now... ? Grad glasses being at night...

And The Don Video coming tomorrow?! Goodness!!!
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Just heard "Daughters" by Nas. What a disappointment! He had nothing positive to say about our daughter and his depiction of her is false!

...perhaps her father should be talking to her and spending more time with her so he can really get to know her.

...Destiny will be 18 in 2 months. Over it!

And when her followers asked what exactly was the problem with the song, she answered:

Ques? do u really think Destiny appreciated that song? Seriously.....Destiny is still a child-it was the wrong platform.

...he's not speaking on it-he's rapping about it. There's a huge difference and I don't respect it.

Destiny is extremely talented, caring and has a huge heart, none of those things were mentioned. I'm proud of her.

? what about when u released that book...carmen just wants attention
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nice song.................Nas hardly disappoints
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont know if this was posted on here yet but if not ? I don't even live here
    Good drop. I always appreciate music like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLGd8w229b4&feature=related&hd=1
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    This song has me hyped. The don was cool, nasty was cool but this got me amped. Great record I can't wait for the video.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2012
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    more No ID, less Salaam Remi.

and I don't hate Salaam Remi, but the vintage-sounding heat No id has been bringing lately is a good match for Nas

I second this. Nas and remi just don't mesh imo
  • angrymaninc
    angrymaninc Members Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Options
    song is dope... and yea i think carmen is attention ? hard too
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    I dont know if this was posted on here yet but if not ? I don't even live here
    Good drop. I always appreciate music like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLGd8w229b4&feature=related&hd=1

Good drop fam
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love this song. Should be the first single
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol, what exactly is destiny talented in??
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "One hot album every 10 year average..."

Sounds like Nas is sticking to the script.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    So anyone got a link to a cd quality download?
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this Daughters song is dope, better than blue ivy fo sure lol.
    but both are better than any song eminem ever did about his daughter
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    I see what Nas is doing and I respect it.

"The Don" was some straight cultural Afrikan-Jamaican boom-bap projects & pyramids, Beats-&-Rhymes to show us that he aint on that ? Euro-Techno-? -Emo-Mullatto ? thats infested the culture.

"Black Girl Lost 2"
    was some ish for the Sistas on some straight Black woman empowerment ? to show that the White-? movement in Hip-Hop is not the musical direction Nas is going in.

"Daughters" is the follow up to the Black Family saga Nas incorporated in his discography, hes the only rapper that has a song with his Father, a song with his Brother, a song with his Wife, a song dedicated to his Mother and now a song dedicated to his Daughter. Thats the Black family, next song will be about his Sun, Knight.

The cultural awareness that Nas is keeping alive within the culture is appreciated. he makes music for our community first and foremost without worrying about some cross-over ? or that grafted ? or that overseas-Euro ? .

I love the science behind his moves and what they represent.

Perfect wording my brother. Can't wait for this album to drop
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Cot damn he ETHERED all the haters who posted jokes about his girl postin them condom pics. Well deserved of the title GOAT
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FZQd4TWd08

Remember NaS aired out his dad over this Classic KanYe/D.Dot beat and then told him he loved him before the song was over. NaS does a great job on songs like this. Here is his 1st song to Destiny where he says nothing but postive things about her. I understand people might feel a way about him airing out his daughter a little on this but she aired out herself and NaS is only addressing it. And again he Ether himself for a being a bad father more than anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKI-O6WnwRk&feature=related

b5.jpg

Self-Ether can be realized with a single picture.....

What the ? is that? I thought Buff Love died some years ago?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    ? damn this ? is classic. Nas shouldn't be allowed to have good beats manye.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options

Da beat reminds me of Cradle to da grave........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsmBwc2DtNM
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    on another note ...Def Jam actually did a really good piece of promotion by setting up the release of this big track on the same day they had nas all over one of the biggest televised events in the country (the nfl draft) great cross promotion great marketing ..good look
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This song still scare the hell outta me
    love it though
  • Gucci Scott King
    Gucci Scott King Members Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ca21 wrote: »
    I know Laurence Fishburne gon be bumpin this
    *dead* I wasn't even going to comment up in here until I read this. You ain't ? for saying that, lol.

• down2earth
    down2earth Members Posts: 953 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I don't get people man. Ya'll complain that rappers don't have any bars and just have good production, then when Nas comes out and spits some dope ? (like he always does) ya'll complain that the beats aren't super dope. Nas has NEVER been the dude who uses beats that overpower his lyrics or are from the flavor of the month/year producer. Nasty, The Don, and Daughters are all fire songs with nice bars. I wasn't a huge fan of BGL2, to me nothing can outdo the first one.

Nas been putting dope music for 20yrs and people STILL think he just has a bad ear for beats. No simpleton, he chooses the beats he wants that fit the bars/song/concept. Come on man. I'm not trying to hear Nas over no ? trap house or super heavy bass type beats just so the average fan (who doesn't listen to lyrics anyways) can be placated.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Bruh u gotta learn to ignore these dummies. If you know Nas's music then already know the deal. The others will be looking for other ? to try to make him "cool" which hasnt been his motive since Nastradamus. More then likely these cats are either young'ins, southerner's or just newbies to rap. No offense to any of those just my strong opinion.