Disease-ridden Fish, Eyeless Shrimp, Mutated Sea Life – Welcome to the Toxic Gulf of Mexico

Options
2»

Comments

• grouchygreg
    grouchygreg Members, Administrators Posts: 162 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    fish oil tabs
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The Gulf of mexico has a dead zone area that floats around that is the run off chemicals from farms that use pesticides and other things. this dead zone is almost void of oxygen. the chemical get to the Gulf from the rivers that are connected to the Mississippi.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    At least they're adapting, further proof for evolution.

how so?
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who eats shrimp eyes anyway?
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    who eats shrimp eyes anyway?
    LOL. Real ? ? .
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »

YUCK!!! thanks for posting...... a problem is america relies on sooo many exports its a shame

people want things cheap, but don't realize the price they pay to get it that way.

i know....the problem is it builds up in a persons system over time causing stuff like cancer and other ? ...........
    anybody know even if getting stuff organic is safe? i know its more expensive but how do we "really" know its organic.....its in fruits imported overseas...all the pesticides and ? ....wish America could support locally produced foods free from all this ? ...

I can't find it, but I was reading an article about how the organic food industry isn't really tightly regulated. so it's possible they could use pesticides, just at a minimum amount or something like that. idk, seems like we're screwed either way lmao. the only thing I can think of is buying local

@afrobanditt ....i know..i recall reading that somewhere also that the organic food industry is also not really all that either...and some of their stuff is NOT REALLY grown as they advertised....smh....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • hawk d
    hawk d Members Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    Options
    *Goes to Boudreauxs and orders seafood platter*
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting that there's more outrage about people that eat sea food than about the low lifes that did this to the earth. The same low lifes that flash there 15 second commercials on tv telling people how everything is fine and okay and to keep on living. Speaking of hydrocarbons in the food chain, people really should investigate parrafin wax on their shinny red apples that really shouldn't be shinny.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting that there's more outrage about people that eat sea food than about the low lifes that did this to the earth. The same low lifes that flash there 15 second commercials on tv telling people how everything is fine and okay and to keep on living. Speaking of hydrocarbons in the food chain, people really should investigate parrafin wax on their shinny red apples that really shouldn't be shinny.

damn...what the ? is that??? them ? be looking shinny like my bald head....will do brother....i like apples....

• monolithicpaw
    monolithicpaw Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    Options

YUCK!!! thanks for posting...... a problem is america relies on sooo many exports its a shame

people want things cheap, but don't realize the price they pay to get it that way.

i know....the problem is it builds up in a persons system over time causing stuff like cancer and other ? ...........
    anybody know even if getting stuff organic is safe? i know its more expensive but how do we "really" know its organic.....its in fruits imported overseas...all the pesticides and ? ....wish America could support locally produced foods free from all this ? ...

I can't find it, but I was reading an article about how the organic food industry isn't really tightly regulated. so it's possible they could use pesticides, just at a minimum amount or something like that. idk, seems like we're screwed either way lmao. the only thing I can think of is buying local

@afrobanditt ....i know..i recall reading that somewhere also that the organic food industry is also not really all that either...and some of their stuff is NOT REALLY grown as they advertised....smh....

The Only real way to get around this is to grow your own.

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    this aint even news to me. I expected this ? to happen
  • monolithicpaw
    monolithicpaw Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    Options
    I believe that Conservation and Green living is key for the Recovery of America. We've become a Nation of consumers, With very little Production. As a start If We produce that which is most vital to Our existence, We possibly bring about a positive turn around that puts more power into Our Hands. As a Country, We've had Our different stages of evolvement. Colonialism, Slavery, Agricultural. Industrialism, Information... The Next Age that will move this Country forward Will Be about Sustainability. If not, We continue Our decline. Issues like this should induce prolonged outrage as well as Personal accountability.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh the seafood industry is all ? up. My geography professor was telling me all kinds of ? . Fish are eating other fish and are developing "mad fish" disease like how the cows were doing.
    from all the ? they give the fish at the fish farms they are losing their natural color so they have to dye them especially salmon. its a bunch of other ? that i wrote down. but really if you knew what they did to animals and a lot of the produce you wouldn't eat a damn thing
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I hope no contagion type ? happens
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freehuey89 wrote: »
    At least they're adapting, further proof for evolution.

how so?

If sea life in these "toxic waters" are only affected by losing eyes, color, or whatever else but they still live in these toxic waters, they normally wouldnt, they've adapted to their environment. Now if the waters were to stay toxic for millions of years with oil, they would evolve, since they've adapted, and use the toxicity to their advantage.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bp shoulda been put out of bisness for that ?
  • VIBE
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »

Would have never happened, oils too much of a greedy business. You think this is the only spill? There's tons we havent heard of, there's tons of waste that pollute our seas, such as plastics.

BP wouldn't go anywhere if they had an even bigger spill.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »

Would have never happened, oils too much of a greedy business. You think this is the only spill? There's tons we havent heard of, there's tons of waste that pollute our seas, such as plastics.

BP wouldn't go anywhere if they had an even bigger spill.

thats when you should riot
    kidnap bps ceos kids and behead if necessary
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wipe them with apple cider vinegar..
  • VIBE
    Options
    Anything overly shiny you can clean, anything thats giant, that shouldn't be, shouldn't be eaten.