Anybody on here that didn't like TDK?

Options
2»

Comments

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not perfect...But its clearly the GOAT...Never heard anyone say they didn't like it...Only online...And then they'd say something like, "its too overrated"...To which I'd respond, "but why don't you like it?"...."I just don't...Its my opinion"
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    The Dark Knight refers to Harvey Dent not Bruce Wayne.

Harvey Dent was Gotham's White Night. The title of the fim refers to his downfall as Two Face.

Harvey was the main character in the story. The movie was about Harvey Dent

Nice theory...I studied film for a while...Would've been a dope boy essay for real
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The scoring to the joker scene where he had the blade to rachelss mouth was made the scene so intense....nolan admitted to lookin for a less musical scoring with a more eerie,sound.....theres nothin in BR touching that. But if u prefer the style of BR cool but story wise,character development, action DK wins,hands down....im done too each his own.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    rage wrote: »
    Like the movie,but it is beyond overrated and did not raise the bar for anything.The movie is dry and does a poor job of representing the Batman character and lacks the atmosphere of the comic.As I said before it is a movie that features Batman more than a Batman movie.Batman Returns is still the best which accurately captures the essence of Batman.Avengers is the best comic book movie to date easily.

Then I question what Batman comics you been reading if you feel it doesnt represent the comic or batman....The only thing that was missing was perhaps more action but to Me the movie Represented Batman to the fullest... The Dark Knight is Pretty much combos of Dark Victory and Long Halloween (Two of the best Batman stories) into one film so I dont see where you get that.

Exactly Batman comics are cop/detective stories with Batman as the central character. DK is a perfect representation of that.
    But it does not do that at all.You barely see Batman's detective and infiltration side.The movie was less about Batman and more about Joker and Dent who both were great.I don't know why people are getting butt hurt because of my opinion.I own the movie and Batman Begins and will be seeing TDKR,but I am not going to act like the movies cold not represent the character better.It's not that serious for people who are crying over my post.
    As for Batman Returns,I was talking about the brooding,gothic style and atmosphere which was very accurate in comparison to TDK.The music was also better which is off on TDK.Also TDK makes Batman seem one dimensional and dry.Batman actually has more personality than that.
    People in here acting like I slapped their momma with the way they defend this movie lol.Its just a movie people and it has flaws like every other movie.

Its the reasons you are given that dont make sense especially if you are a Batman fan from the comics so again you read Dark Holloween, Dark Victory you see where Nolan got his ? from.....The Score what lol the music fit the movie perfectly that knit picking ..the original batman score wouldnt work with Chris Nolan Film.

Opinion b ...get over it.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Dark Knight refers to Harvey Dent not Bruce Wayne.

Harvey Dent was Gotham's White Night. The title of the fim refers to his downfall as Two Face.

Harvey was the main character in the story. The movie was about Harvey Dent

The Dark Knight is a reference to BOTH Batman and Harvey Dent.

Harvey was the White Knight before he fell, and this is a reference to that fall.

But in the final monologue, you can hear Gordon referring to Batman as the Dark Knight. The title refers to the fact that he is more than a hero. Heros perform great acts as much because they are good as because they need to be loved, Harvey Dent is a hero. Batman is an absolute, he doesnt need the praise/attention or even acknowledgement, he is the protector of the city.

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like the movie,but it is beyond overrated and did not raise the bar for anything.The movie is dry and does a poor job of representing the Batman character and lacks the atmosphere of the comic.As I said before it is a movie that features Batman more than a Batman movie.Batman Returns is still the best which accurately captures the essence of Batman.Avengers is the best comic book movie to date easily.

Then I question what Batman comics you been reading if you feel it doesnt represent the comic or batman....The only thing that was missing was perhaps more action but to Me the movie Represented Batman to the fullest... The Dark Knight is Pretty much combos of Dark Victory and Long Halloween (Two of the best Batman stories) into one film so I dont see where you get that.
    @nujerz84

I take it you read the comics. So what happens to batman in the comics after Bane ? him up

and the dark knight was that ?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not perfect...But its clearly the GOAT...Never heard anyone say they didn't like it...Only online...And then they'd say something like, "its too overrated"...To which I'd respond, "but why don't you like it?"...."I just don't...Its my opinion"
    I know plenty of people who don't like it off line.Come on b you sounding worse than Star Wars fan boys.Everyone does not thin that highly of the movie and it is far from GOAT.People acting like TDK is a deity.

TDK story was nothing special and the end was disappointing.ROFL @ Joker setting convicts and a group of civilians on a ship and trying to make both of them blow each other up.So really the convicts would not push the button and the civilians really would give a damn about those criminals? Some great plot device there.The fights in Batman Returns was much better and the movie actually had the Batcave and Batmobile.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    I know plenty of people who don't like it off line.Come on b you sounding worse than Star Wars fan boys.Everyone does not thin that highly of the movie and it is far from GOAT.People acting like TDK is a deity.

TDK story was nothing special and the end was disappointing.ROFL @ Joker setting convicts and a group of civilians on a ship and trying to make both of them blow each other up.So really the convicts would not push the button and the civilians really would give a damn about those criminals? Some great plot device there.The fights in Batman Returns was much better and the movie actually had the Batcave and Batmobile.

Well bruh...I already said that its not perfect...And the convicts didn't get the trigger...one of the guards had it...That scene was there to show that Gotham citizens weren't inherently anarchic like the Joker believed them to be...

By sayin' its far from the GOAT, you are sayin' you can name 3 comic book movies that are clearly better?
  • MAKAVELI25
    Options

Batman Returns is one of the worst Batman movies ever. Neither of the villains were true to their characters in the comics and the movie was more about Tim Burton showing off his stylistic set pieces than developing Batman as a character. The fact that you think BR holds a candle to TDK makes me not take yous seriously. You don't have to like the Nolan movies, but they are far and out the best superhero movies of all time.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

rage wrote: »

Exactly Batman comics are cop/detective stories with Batman as the central character. DK is a perfect representation of that.
    But it does not do that at all.You barely see Batman's detective and infiltration side.The movie was less about Batman and more about Joker and Dent who both were great.I don't know why people are getting butt hurt because of my opinion.I own the movie and Batman Begins and will be seeing TDKR,but I am not going to act like the movies cold not represent the character better.It's not that serious for people who are crying over my post.
    As for Batman Returns,I was talking about the brooding,gothic style and atmosphere which was very accurate in comparison to TDK.The music was also better which is off on TDK.Also TDK makes Batman seem one dimensional and dry.Batman actually has more personality than that.
    People in here acting like I slapped their momma with the way they defend this movie lol.Its just a movie people and it has flaws like every other movie.

Its the reasons you are given that dont make sense especially if you are a Batman fan from the comics so again you read Dark Holloween, Dark Victory you see where Nolan got his ? from.....The Score what lol the music fit the movie perfectly that knit picking ..the original batman score wouldnt work with Chris Nolan Film.

Opinion b ...get over it.

True but some of your opinions are ? .
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    much of the story was taken from Long Halloween/Dark Victory but also The Killing Joke was a huge influence on the Joker's characterization, story and Heath's performance. Also there were elements of The Dark Knight Returns with the scenes on the news and with the fake Batman crew. the Nolan movies are much closer to the source material than Tim Burton ever was (even without a proper Batmobile).

you said Batman didn't do much detective work though? not really, remember the scene where he reconstructs the bullet? among others.. in TDK i'd say he shows more of the detective side of things than any other movie to date.

• nujerz84
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

@nujerz84

I take it you read the comics. So what happens to batman in the comics after Bane ? him up

and the dark knight was that ?

Jean Paul took over he eventually would become Azarel. While Batman went away to rehabilitate his back and eventullay recover to become batman again.
  • nujerz84
    edited May 2012
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    much of the story was taken from Long Halloween/Dark Victory but also The Killing Joke was a huge influence on the Joker's characterization, story and Heath's performance. Also there were elements of The Dark Knight Returns with the scenes on the news and with the fake Batman crew. the Nolan movies are much closer to the source material than Tim Burton ever was (even without a proper Batmobile).

you said Batman didn't do much detective work though? not really, remember the scene where he reconstructs the bullet? among others.. in TDK i'd say he shows more of the detective side of things than any other movie to date.

I was just about to add this....Joker contends that it doesnt take much for person to become insane or to do ? up things (premise of Killing Joke trying to drive Gordon crazy) the scene with the two ships play of The Killing Joke perfectly.

Again as a Batman fan TDK is GOAT in actually capturing the essence of batman and one of the best uses of Source material into the story.

I also see frank millar influnece ....man TDK is the GOAT comic book movie imo.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see Batman Returns as Tim Burton's creative re-imagining of Batman and its characters. Its no different than a comic book writer/artist re-imagining a classic comic book character with a new story or comic series. It's good for what it is, it doesnt have to be completely faithful to the comics to be a good/entertaining movie.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aye tdk was the ? i liked it
    but imo watchmen and sin city are better as far as comicbook adaptions
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »

Bang...Always forget about Sin City...
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol@ batman begins better....u ? are to funny
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you're tripping if you don't like the dark knight
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    starvin wrote: »
    you're tripping if you don't like the dark knight

• clairvoyance
    Options
    Hold up I know I said I was threw but.......batmobile?

Your saying the batmobile is better than the tumbler? (frank millers slight adaption)

@stoneface your right that was tim's common dark spin but jack is makin it seem BR was more faithful to the comics than DK was..he should say I prefer tims vision than nolan, dont throw out all this b.s. about it being more faithful which is complete false. Did any of the characters really have any identity in tims versions batman outside of bruce?.....no. If u didnt read the comics the you would never think dent, gordan were key factors at some point in the comics the way they were portrayed. People say DK was nothing withouth HEATH LEDGDER well you can apply that argument 10x as much toward tims version Jack Nicholson cause rest of the characters were forgettable. Catwoman 9 lives was that in the comics? serious question?

• clairvoyance
    Options
    And lets not forget the tumbler changing into ths bat pod busting thru glass buildings ridin in lobbys...that camera shot was like a ride at unviversal studios. What in BR was touchin that.

This thread got me all riled up, N*gga I die for this!
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Nah if you prefer Batman Returns to the Dark Knight...Fair enough...But sayin' that its a better film or more faithful to the source is some blatant contrarianism...
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    And lets not forget the tumbler changing into ths bat pod busting thru glass buildings ridin in lobbys...that camera shot was like a ride at unviversal studios. What in BR was touchin that.

This thread got me all riled up, N*gga I die for this!

Co-sign my ? , this ain't no ? joke!

LMAO!

• MAKAVELI25
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »

Maybe, but definitely not as movies. TDK is a great movie by any genre's criteria, Sin City and Watchmen are good comic book movies.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just wish it was rated R...

coulda been more blood...

pencil trick with no blood??? ?

michael jai white dies without fighting??? ? ....