Health Care Mandate upheld by Supreme Court

Options

Comments

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    two-tier system coming

mofos don't see that when the govt provides a service............everything goes to ?

don't believe me, look at how effective the VA is run

it's a lot of layers to this legislation that people are generally ignorant of
  • Topps
    Topps Members Posts: 447
    Options
    I wonder if people actually did their research about the bill or just jumped on obamas nuts and rode along

^^^

I wonder if you actually did the research about the bill or just jumped on Conservatives talking heads nuts and rode along like yourself.

Idiots like you is why America is so ? up.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I did my research on the bill and I dont agree with it. I'm talking about ? who ride for obama for no other reason than hes black. Dont question my knowledge.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    two-tier system coming

mofos don't see that when the govt provides a service............everything goes to ?

thats exactly what obama said. he said fed ex and UPS is better than the US Postal Service.
    http://youtu.be/bqUmuZnmf7A

but then again, he also said his healthcare plan wasn't a tax
  • blakfyahking
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    two-tier system coming

thats exactly what obama said. he said fed ex and UPS is better than the US Postal Service.
    http://youtu.be/bqUmuZnmf7A

but then again, he also said his healthcare plan wasn't a tax

^^^exactly why I'm laughing at mofos just blindly cosigning this legislation

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw a poll last night though and it was like 87% against this, so I do worry if this was the right thing to do around election time. Guess we'll see..

other than the Republicans and extreme Conservatives on the Right that have claimed it was "unconstitutional"
    (which the highest court in the land has rule that IS)

majority of the people that are against Health Care Reform probably could not give you specific and coherent reason as to WHY they are against it
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the bill isn't perfect. but at least a foundation is laid. they can go back re-tweak the bill. in the words of the GOP, they've been "kicking the can" about revising the healthcare law for how many years? it need a change.
  • bootsy_jenkins
    bootsy_jenkins Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did my research on the bill and I dont agree with it. I'm talking about ? who ride for obama for no other reason than hes black. Dont question my knowledge.
    True dat. Black folks are so unbelievably gullible.

• bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL....The FED running the USPS isn't the reason why the post office is doing bad...
  • blakfyahking
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »
    LOL....The FED running the USPS isn't the reason why the post office is doing bad...

explain..............
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote:
    http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/28/12457822-supreme-court-upholds-health-care-law?lite

In a dramatic victory for President Barack Obama, the Supreme Court upheld the 2010 health care law Thursday, preserving Obama’s landmark legislative achievement.

The majority opinion was written by Chief Justice John Roberts, who held that the law was a valid exercise of Congress’s power to tax.

The decision came as a sharp rebuff and disappointment to congressional Republicans, many of whom had expected the court to strike down at least some parts of the law.

Passage of the law in 2010 had come at a high political cost, with 14 House Democrats in competitive districts losing their seats in the 2010 elections in part due to their votes for the bill and six Democratic Senate candidates who’d voted for the bill also lost their elections in 2010.

Thoughts?

Personally, I think it might backfire on the President because this is only going to rally the tea party and people sitting on the fence.

Basically, if they don't want "Obamacare," the only way to get rid of it is to repeal it...and that can only happen if the Republicans can get a significant majority in the House and Senate.

This is probably going to be the main theme of Romney's campaign now.

distractions.

this is what we were talking about in another thread last nite. people get tied up into battles that in the long run dont mean all that much and lose sight of whats important.

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn...those Conservatives about to be all up in them feelings tonight ...fox news bout to be going ham ...they were really banking on this being overturned
  • Topps
    Topps Members Posts: 447
    edited June 2012
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    I saw a poll last night though and it was like 87% against this, so I do worry if this was the right thing to do around election time. Guess we'll see..

other than the Republicans and extreme Conservatives on the Right that have claimed it was "unconstitutional"
    (which the highest court in the land has rule that IS)

majority of the people that are against Health Care Reform probably could not give you specific and coherent reason as to WHY they are against it

Naw these are the same people that always want bring up that Black love Obama because he Black.

Which is a stupid as statement because if Blacks just vote for black people, then blacks would have heavy supported for black Republicans candidates like Herman Cain, Michael Steele, etc. People going to act like black people didn't start voting majority Democrat after the civil rights act of 1964 bill, when all the southern racist conservative all turned Republicans and covertly turn into the anti-black party.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People need to stop whining the only people agaisnt this are those who support the majorly unfair medical industrial complex. Even poor a poor country like cuba has universal health care and it aint broke them. Canada also.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you knew eric holder didnt have a chance in the afternoon after this ? went down in the morning.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Options
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THe law was clearly Constitutional because Congress pretty much has the right to tax you on whatever the ? they wanna tax you on.

My thing is yes the law IS legal. But it shouldnt be. i dont think my government should be allowed to FORCE me to buy a damn thing. I think the pressure of knowing that if you can afford Healthcare and dont get it the government's not going to help your ass should be enough. But we see with car accidents with people not having insurance it doesnt work like that.

So I think the law as written has major flaws (one being poor people are still stuck with the ? medicaid system that likely wont change a bit) but it's a start. I think all Obama's law does is open the door for real change to occur in future administrations. Unfortunate the law was touted by others as "Obama's plan to FIX the healthcare industry" which is untrue. It was simply Obama's plan to lay the ground work for a system that will in the coming years/decades vastly IMPROVE the healthcare system in this country.
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »

explain..............

Meant to say isn't the 'only' reason
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    You got a medical EBT card. Your welcome

lol.........
  • Focal Point
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    I wonder how many countries around the world laugh at the United States because we can't get a simple thing like health care right...
    You can't compare united states to other countries that easily,The state of New Jersey by itself has a bigger economy than the country Greece.Americans tend to forget how complex and multi layer are country is compare to other countries around the world.

our
  • Focal Point
    Options
    I wonder if people actually did their research about the bill or just jumped on obamas nuts and rode along

this for many...
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C/s Darx. Like I said, the bill is not perfect, but the ? needed to get revised. And since all the other presidents was bs'n, Pres. Obama actually DID something. Plain & simple.

Thank you Mitt Romney! Lol
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Options
    MobTown wrote: »
    People need to stop whining the only people agaisnt this are those who support the majorly unfair medical industrial complex. []bEven poor a poor country like cuba has universal health care[/b] and it aint broke them. Canada also.

YEAH! Cuba is a real good example to use - watch the video and you'll learn something - MAYBE? -- Some of you UNGRATEFUL beings need to travel and see other parts of the world - then,never mind that wouldn't change anything your still UNGRATEFUL, & love to whine about everything this country affords its citizens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULcb_T71ftM&feature=related