Drake has never received a royalty check and is trying to leave YMCMB contract (Long Read)

Options
124»

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake saw $11 million last year. How can anyone say he's not making money? LOL

whats 11 mill if u are owed say 25...
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Nicki and Drake could have their own tapon don music and coonpaigns respectfully without being screwed over by having to share that ? with ymcoonmb. I still don't see what the label has done to boost any of their stocks since signing. If drake did the same ? on another label it was bound to still do just as good as it did under ymcoonmb. Same thing with nicki. A black barbie who wishes she was white is some ? that would have again sold regardless of what label it was on.

My question is why did both drake and nicki sign with young money ? money out of all the labels? Granted Drake does love nicki and lil wayne on a special level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LZ6yNotfZU

u 4 getting who they ? with... the music bussiness is mostly about marketing... drake and nicki menaj wont be no where as big if they switch labels or go independent... they whole style would have 2 change ( think they both have changed a hell of a lot since they got wit ym).. u fail 2 realize when u sign with a major lable THEY OWN U LITTERALLY... what u sing/rap 2 what u wear... 2 what u can say in public is all influenced by THEM... do u really think nicki menaj really wants 2 act like a dumb broad dat sings techo ass songs? u can tell when she doin the ? she not genuine... when drake tries n raps hard u kno damn well dat ? aint " gone catch a body"... but under contract thats ? they gotta do...

i remember somwhere sombody asked snoop if there is one thing u could tell new artist about the biz what would it be he said " get the rights 2 yo name" cuz u notice after he left death row he went from snoop " doggy" dogg 2 jus snoop / snoop dogg..

diddy has went from puff daddy to p.diddy ( biggie named him that) 2 diddy... ( changed his name 2 keep from getting sued so much)

t.i original rap name was tip.... but droped it and jus went with ti so he wouldnt get conflicts with lable mate q-tip..

lol ? even the jackson 5 had 2 drop they name and go with j5/ the jacksons when they left they label..
  • alibaba
    alibaba Members Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wow, it's like none of you have simple reading comprehension or any measure of short term memory...

what movies is in your sig??
  • Tone NX
    Tone NX Members Posts: 1
    Options
    Its business, I could see Drake resigning to a better deal with CMR. He has expressed his happiness with the team over there and It is a strong team, they just gotta there accounting practices in order. In the end Drake will get every penny he's owed.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The end of ymcmb as we know it
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

if anything, this thread proves that people dont know how royalties and publishing work..

also proves the average reason poster has no reading comprehension at all

says the ? who can't comprehend hes really not a part of ymcoonmb and is a broke as ? still living with moma hahahaha
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nicki and Drake could have their own tapon don music and coonpaigns respectfully without being screwed over by having to share that ? with ymcoonmb. I still don't see what the label has done to boost any of their stocks since signing. If drake did the same ? on another label it was bound to still do just as good as it did under ymcoonmb. Same thing with nicki. A black barbie who wishes she was white is some ? that would have again sold regardless of what label it was on.

My question is why did both drake and nicki sign with young money ? money out of all the labels? Granted Drake does love nicki and lil wayne on a special level.

u 4 getting who they ? with... the music bussiness is mostly about marketing... drake and nicki menaj wont be no where as big if they switch labels or go independent... they whole style would have 2 change ( think they both have changed a hell of a lot since they got wit ym).. u fail 2 realize when u sign with a major lable THEY OWN U LITTERALLY... what u sing/rap 2 what u wear... 2 what u can say in public is all influenced by THEM... do u really think nicki menaj really wants 2 act like a dumb broad dat sings techo ass songs? u can tell when she doin the ? she not genuine... when drake tries n raps hard u kno damn well dat ? aint " gone catch a body"... but under contract thats ? they gotta do...

i remember somwhere sombody asked snoop if there is one thing u could tell new artist about the biz what would it be he said " get the rights 2 yo name" cuz u notice after he left death row he went from snoop " doggy" dogg 2 jus snoop / snoop dogg..

diddy has went from puff daddy to p.diddy ( biggie named him that) 2 diddy... ( changed his name 2 keep from getting sued so much)

t.i original rap name was tip.... but droped it and jus went with ti so he wouldnt get conflicts with lable mate q-tip..

lol ? even the jackson 5 had 2 drop they name and go with j5/ the jacksons when they left they label..

both nicki and drake had huge hype before they even signed with ymcoonmb. drake was being marketed indipendently better than he was with ymcoonmb which he doesn't fully fit in (Despite having the ? tendencies every artist on that label has). So far gone had more hoopla than some of the ymcoonmb albums. Nicki was popular on the mixtape scene and with here whitewashed audience would have still sold well without ymcoonmb.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YMCM is done.

Wayne aint going gold
    Nicki's gimmick is done.
    Drakes contract is expired.

No one other than those 3 ^ will eat.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Should've kept Mannie and Juvie
  • mrbootleg
    mrbootleg Members Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    Options
    How can u trust a man that rubs his hands together all the time like he's plotting something?
  • damobb2deep
    Options

both nicki and drake had huge hype before they even signed with ymcoonmb. drake was being marketed indipendently better than he was with ymcoonmb which he doesn't fully fit in (Despite having the ? tendencies every artist on that label has). So far gone had more hoopla than some of the ymcoonmb albums. Nicki was popular on the mixtape scene and with here whitewashed audience would have still sold well without ymcoonmb.

u noticed i said as big rite? but still u 4get the political side of the game man... baby owns them.... its VERY RARE that a artist stays as hot after getting dropped or leaving a label... and its not cuz of the artist all the time... somtimes they get black balled out the game.. if u dont think there isnt 50 " drakes" or " nicki menaj's out there that can take they place u dumb... u jus seeing how hot they are now... ? all it takes is the style of rap 2 change in 3 more years and they can be on " 50 cent" status ( musically)... i aint notice this as a kid but now i see it dont matter how big u are now... ? will eventually get tired of u... there are sooo many examples of that... so the hype they " had" got the eye of ymcmb.. 2 sign... but u gotta take in 2 consideration a good chunk on that fan base lost interest after they " sold out"... then leaving they will loose a chunk of the "whats in" fans cuz all they care about is marketing telling them " these 2 people are cool".... then that jus leaves actual fan and stans... not nowhere as big...
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sees like folk are hoping he leaves. I wonder if he does leave would the folk constantly bashing him switch it up and love him like they did his pre cash money signing..... if so it shows its really Cash Money hate and not Drake hate
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? gon learn about signing with Baby...
    diddy_drink.gif

He only drinks the finest breastmilk lol
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    So yall still discussin this ? even tho thread premise aint even true?
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vcqce1.gif
    tumblr_loknj3Qtku1qb0soy.gif

Could ya'll imagine Baby and J Prince coming together to end the one that is "Drake"? Peep this scene

Drake walking through a cut. It's dark out, he's alone, going through some ? ? issues. Out of a nowhere a shadow appears in the direction Drake is walking. The Birdman appears...
    tumblr_lzyw6rQ0oF1qc8eed.gif

Drake knows of the troubles he is in with the Birdman. So he turns to run the other way. In the other direction stands another man. One by the name of J. Prince, phoen up to his ear, "Yeah we got him"
    j-prince-pix1.jpg

Drake panics, heart racing. His next thought is to just run. Somewhere, anywhere. He leans toward the direction of J. Prince and takes off. Behind him he can hear a vicious New Orleans accent flow out of the Birdman's mouth, "Say Lac, pass me my tool playboi"

The Birdman begins to shoot...
    vcqce1.gif

Drake falls as multiple bullets enter his backside
    tumblr_loknj3Qtku1qb0soy.gif

As Drake buckles on the filthy concrete, J Prince slowly walks over and offers Drake a few words to die by...
    Drake_Fall.jpg?ggnoads
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH2eU0Kk3Wc

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    bout i thought "25 sitting on 25 mill"
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lies
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »

Lies
    It's only a lie because baby screwed him over lol. Young money stans don't want to admit this though. You have to remember most young money stans don't go back past drake or the carter 3. They have no idea about baby and slim's history with ? people over. A few times it was like "ok, they from the hood and they ? up". After like the 100th lawsuit and lil wayne about to leave that's when we knew something wasn't right. ? done almost caught up to diddy in ? over your artist.

Baby bigger than gudda gudda, mack maine, J millz, bow wow, and them other little kids.
    birdman.gif

• poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    birdman-redjersey300.jpg

SAY THERE DRIZZY I GOT THIS NEW FREDDY KRUEGAR SWEATER FOR YA PLAYBOI

6458668_1_l.jpg

IM GET YA A HARRY POTTER SWEATER WHEN YA SELL TWO MILL

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options