P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe Bryant scores his 30,000th point

Good ? Bean
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Lakers 1-7 when kobe scores 30+,0-4 when he scores 40,5-1 when he has 6+ assists

Lakers gave up 40 4th quarter points to a bottom 5 offensive scoring team in the nba.

Catch feelings and flag these facts your team is Garbage

You do know that's because his teammates get lazy and he tries his best to keep them in the game, right? Those stats are a product of Kobe's role as the team's catalyst and closer.

Here's a quick breakdown...

-Kobe runs the plays
    -Kobe passes the ball to open teammates
    -They fumble the ball and/or miss the shot or they go to the FT line and can't hit ?
    Repeat X30
    -Kobe looks at the scoreboard and sees Lakers are down 15+
    -Kobe takes it upon himself to get the team back in the game
    -They're now down/up a few points in the 4th quarter
    -They win *crickets* or they lose and Kobe haters and casual fans of the Lakers organization say Kobe shot too much ignoring the fact that he only does it when the team needs it
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    Kobe the youngest player EVER to reach 30,000 points! His argument for being the GOAT just got stronger!
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't be the only one that loves what Jamison brings to the table
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't be the only one that loves what Jamison brings to the table

I said it was a great addition to our bench at first and now he's in a system with Pringles where he can thrive. Just sucks that he's not good defensively.

I expected him to average 10 off the bench this year but now I'm gonna up that to 13+. That would be nice. Him, Jordan Hill and Jodie Meeks aren't a bad second unit at all. That's why I thought it was ridiculous at the beginning of the year when everyone was saying we had the worst bench in the league.

He'll only play better when Nash comes back.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when in da world does Nash get back
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    when in da world does Nash get back

They sayin Christmas.
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe the youngest player EVER to reach 30,000 points! His argument for being the GOAT just got stronger!
    Bryant was the fifth-fastest player -- in terms of games played -- to reach the milestone, needing 1,179. Chamberlain was the fastest at 941 games, followed by Jordan (960), Abdul-Jabbar (1,101) and Malone (1,152)
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? trying way too hard to discredit kobes accomplishment.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reggie80 wrote: »
    Bryant was the fifth-fastest player -- in terms of games played -- to reach the milestone, needing 1,179. Chamberlain was the fastest at 941 games, followed by Jordan (960), Abdul-Jabbar (1,101) and Malone (1,152)

he didn't average 20+ ppg til his 4th season in the NBA.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options

Yeah we know. That's because he came off the bench his first 2 years.
  • Reggie80
    Options

he didn't average 20+ ppg til his 4th season in the NBA.
    Hey who's fault is that should of been as good as Lebron coming out and he could of got the minutes oh well.

• Reggie80
    Options
    Bryant was the fifth-fastest player -- in terms of games played -- to reach the milestone, needing 1,179.
    Chamberlain was the fastest at 941 games, followed by Jordan (960), Abdul-Jabbar (1,101) and Malone (1,152)

Shots bryant-23,071
    Malone-21,777
    Jabbar-24414
    Jordan-23,010-number is actually lower
    Chamberlin-22,911 number is slightly lower

Only Jabbar jacked up more shots too get it.

Kobe free throws
    7546ftm 9002fta
    Jordan
    7061ftm 8448fta
    jabbar
    5804ftm 8091fta
    Malone
    8082ftm 11027fta-number is slighty low
    Chamberlin
    5825ftm 11000fta
    Only Malone made more free throws(Chamberlin shouldn't even count)

I don't wanna hear that ? about lockouts and minuets ? done took a plenty of shots and free throws he only missed 48 games because of lockouts he only missed 100 total games due to injuries and lock outs,I don't want too even put down how many Mike missed, ok I lied it's 208 games due too both ? .probably would of had the ? in 96 or 97.

Anyway congrats too Kobe and enjoy stans while you can cause Lebron coming!
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bryant was the fifth-fastest player -- in terms of games played -- to reach the milestone, needing 1,179.
    Chamberlain was the fastest at 941 games, followed by Jordan (960), Abdul-Jabbar (1,101) and Malone (1,152)

Shots bryant-23,071
    Malone-21,777
    Jabbar-24414
    Jordan-23,010-number is actually lower
    Chamberlin-22,911 number is slightly lower

Only Jabbar jacked up more shots too get it.

Kobe free throws
    7546ftm 9002fta
    Jordan
    7061ftm 8448fta
    jabbar
    5804ftm 8091fta
    Malone
    8082ftm 11027fta-number is slighty low
    Chamberlin
    5825ftm 11000fta
    Only Malone made more free throws(Chamberlin shouldn't even count)

I don't wanna hear that ? about lockouts and minuets ? done took a plenty of shots and free throws he only missed 48 games because of lockouts he only missed 100 total games due to injuries and lock outs,I don't want too even put down how many Mike missed, ok I lied it's 208 games due too both ? .probably would of had the ? in 96 or 97.

Anyway congrats too Kobe and enjoy stans while you can cause Lebron coming!

It's funny how you ? forget Lebron's game is 80% based on athletism. When that start to fade he will have trouble scoring like wade, he will be in top 10 scoring but I don't think he is reaching kobe
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Did this clown really just come in the Lakers thread to criticize Kobe's achievement with post after post etc.? SMH let it go dun.
  • Reggie80
    Options
    Did this clown really just come in the Lakers thread to criticize Kobe's achievement with post after post etc.? SMH let it go dun.
    Stop crying I posted what I posted facts ? never like facts

• buttuh_b
    Options

Rofl. I just sonned him in the Kobe 30k thread. Let's see if he responds.
  • Reggie80
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

Rofl. I just sonned him in the Kobe 30k thread. Let's see if he responds.
    Never sonned me I misspoke and I always respond
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sources: Lakers rebuff Gasol trade talks
    The Los Angeles Lakers, largely at the behest of general manager Mitch Kupchak, have rebuffed trade inquiries from at least two teams for Pau Gasol, according to sources with knowledge of the Lakers' thinking.

The Toronto Raptors and Minnesota Timberwolves have both recently tried to engage the Lakers in trade discussions for Gasol, sources told ESPN.com, but the Lakers continue to tell teams that call that they will not consider dealing the Spaniard until L.A. can fully assess its roster after the return of injured point guard Steve Nash.

Trade speculation involving Gasol nonetheless shows little sign of abating, even as the 32-year-old is being held out of the lineup to combat a worsening bout of knee tendinitis. Gasol has not been shelved because a deal is imminent, sources told ESPNLosAngeles.com Tuesday, but Kupchak has advised Gasol's representatives that the Lakers will have no choice but to start exploring a trade if the former All-Star is unable to eventually adjust to D'Antoni's system.

D'Antoni took the job Nov. 11, knowing he wouldn't have the benefit of training camp, when the Lakers made the third-fastest coaching change in NBA history by firing Mike Brown five games into the season.

Stretch power forward Andrea Bargnani, veteran point guard Jose Calderon and fellow vet Linas Kleiza are among the players, sources say, whom the Raptors have discussed making available to the Lakers in a deal for Gasol. It's an open secret around the league, meanwhile, that Timberwolves general manager David Kahn has been trying since last season to acquire Gasol to join fellow Spaniard Ricky Rubio in a three-man core with All-Star forward Kevin Love, but sources say the Lakers continue to resist Minnesota's attempts to build a trade offer around 2011's No. 2 overall pick Derrick Williams and center Nikola Pekovic.

CBSSports.com reported Wednesday that there's a growing belief among rival executives that Toronto has emerged as the most likely landing spot for Gasol, given Bargnani's potential as a floor-spacing frontcourt partner to Dwight Howard and the boost Calderon could give a thin backcourt. Nash has only played a game and a half this season thanks to the 38-year-old's fractured fibula, and Steve Blake will miss the next six to eight weeks after abdominal surgery.

It is widely presumed around the league that Howard's former Orlando teammate Ryan Anderson, now in New Orleans, is the Lakers' No. 1 trade target if they were to consent to dealing Gasol. But sources told ESPN.com on Wednesday that Anderson is regarded as a virtual untouchable by the Hornets, given that the 24-year-old is not only a highly competent stretch power forward signed to a comparatively reasonable four-year contract but also because Anderson has proved to be an underrated rebounder. Rebounding and defense have long been areas of concern with Bargnani, who was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2006 draft.

Bargnani, though, is only 27 and can supply the sort of long-range shooting that Gasol, even when healthy, cannot. D'Antoni and the Phoenix Suns enjoyed considerable success when Nash combined with one pick-and-rolling inside force -- Amar'e Stoudemire -- and was otherwise surrounded by a plethora of shooters. The Suns, though, didn't function nearly as smoothly when they traded for Shaquille O'Neal and suddenly had to accommodate two scorers who head for the rim.

The Atlanta Hawks have also been frequently mentioned as potential trade partners in a Gasol deal, most notably by Lakers legend Magic Johnson on an early season episode of "NBA Countdown." But ESPN.com reported earlier this month that the Hawks, on schedule to have major salary-cap space in July 2013, currently have no interest in parting with free agent-to-be Josh Smith in a trade for a player five years older and with Gasol struggling with knee trouble and scheduled to earn $19.3 million next season.

Gasol has two sore knees and is off to the worst start of his career in terms of shooting (42 percent from the field) and scoring (on both a per-game and per-minute basis). Yet he continues to be the subject of more trade speculation than virtually any other marquee player in the NBA, which has been a fact of daily life for Gasol ever since he was included by the Lakers in a four-team deal last December that would have netted Chris Paul. NBA commissioner David Stern -- saying he was acting as New Orleans' owner at the time because the league still owned the Hornets at that stage -- told New Orleans' basketball people to cancel the trade.

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reported this week that some league executives believe Gasol will be difficult to trade because of his age, health, declining production and the high-dollar amount of his salary next season. Sources told Broussard that Atlanta and the Houston Rockets, two clubs long linked to Gasol, no longer have interest in acquiring him. The same, sources told Broussard, holds for the Denver Nuggets, who possess multiple players who would appear to fit D'Antoni's system well.

If the Lakers eventually do decide to deal Gasol, it will be over the strong objection of Kobe Bryant, who on Tuesday offered his strongest public support to date to back the 7-footer with whom he has won two NBA championships.

"I love Pau like a brother," Bryant told ESPNLosAngeles.com on Tuesday before the Lakers' loss in Houston. "I really do. I want him to dominate like I know he can.

"I want him to dig in and be determined, not discouraged," Bryant continued. "We should go to him more on the post because he can dominate from there as he has to the tune of two rings. I'm sure we will adjust and figure out a balance when he comes back healthy."

The two veterans had a lengthy summit Monday night at the team hotel in Houston.

"I know his knees have been hurting and that can be frustrating because you can't do physically what you are used to," Bryant said. "I just don't want him to sulk about the change of things."
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good drop on the article.. agreed.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kozara4.gif

@northside7 ^ What's her name?

kozara cambon
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HA HA HA

U guys cant get rid of my boy, Pau, that easily. I wont lie though, Ryan Anderson would be awesome in this offense.......
This discussion has been closed.