Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    played yesterday... not bad at all...

Lets get a match going doo doo.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    du du brown ...lol

Yeah the game is solid, but it's not a concept I am interested in.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    du du brown ...lol

Yeah the game is solid, but it's not a concept I am interested in.

?????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtseEDFlzp4

Everybody else, nevermind this, it's some Baltimore ? lol.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    LOL I never knew who made the song.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL. I thought this was some super technical fighter developed by the top tourney players (a lie) and was on a whole other level than smash could ever dream of? Why it didn't get automatically accepted to EVO this year? A commercial and critical flop not accepted by the fighting game community. Poor All-Flops.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    Who said this game was on a whole other level than Smash Bros? ROFL ? so hurt that he making up ? to save face. You are obsessed with Sony, this thread, and this game. Just admit that you want to play it so bad. Why else would you keep coming into this thread? I bet you bought 80% of the little bit that it sold.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1st major tournament this game will be in

Level|Up has posted the official SoCal Regionals 2013 trailer up on their YouTube channel. With stellar graphic work by Boss Logic and an excellent music track and video editing provided by RedRapper, it is very difficult to not feel the hype after checking this out.

Interestingly enough, LU|Alex Valle recently sent out a Tweet mentioning that Street Fighter X Tekken 2013 will be playable at SCR on January 18 - 20, a week before the patch actually hits consoles.

Trailer update: Yes, you read right. SFxTK ver2013 will be at #SCR2013 1 week before the patch update! More details coming soon!

Seth Killian also noted recently that he hopes to have both Kat and Emmett in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale playable at the event. Be sure to check out the event if you're looking to get some hands on time with either SFxT 2013, the two PSABR DLC characters or if you'd like to compete in the tournament.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRAoTLElGVc&feature=player_embedded
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is better than brawl imo
  • Bcotton5
    Options

lol Smash players dont even like Brawl
  • focus
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

Except for the 11 million who brought it. LOL. Metacritic = 93. LOL.

• Bcotton5
    Options
    cs GTA4 fans also feel its the best game in the series
  • focus
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    focus wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

Except for the 11 million who brought it. LOL. Metacritic = 93. LOL.

Nah fam they've got a point. In the competitive scene, most players favor Melee over Brawl as a fighting game.

IMO I honestly liked Brawl better. Sure it sold well but if you ask a lot of Smash vets they almost always pick Melee over Brawl. It's a wonder that after all these years they STILL doing Melee tournaments. Metaknight ruined Brawl to the point where at some tournaments he's banned from play.

Okay, but, the competitive scene is not the end all be all to fighting games. We all have thoroughly enjoyed fighting games that would not be taken seriously in a tournament. Tourney players are a very small minority of the fighting game community and most them ? cant even agree unanimously on what is "tournament acceptable" beyond Street Fighter. Its silly to say critics and consumers overwhelming loved Brawl, but the small FGC didnt, so that must mean "smash players don't like it". Thats all i'm saying.

Its also ridiculous to say this while gassing Playstation All-Stars, a game that nobody (critics, consumers or the FGC) really care about. Its only semi popular in The Arcade.
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    Brawl>>>>>Melee if you turn all items off.
    whats up with MetaKnight getting banned?
  • focus
    Options
    Yea, I like Brawl more too. ? overreact to the tripping that happens every blue moon. If you lose a match in Brawl cause of tripping, you suck anyway.
  • PK_TK_187
    Options
    ? trippin over trippin?
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    Brawl>>>>>Melee if you turn all items off.
    whats up with MetaKnight getting banned?

Brawl is the better game. What I hated about Melee was that you virtually had to break the game to get the fun out of it. Come on now, Luigi having the best wave dash, Sheik was godly, Falco & Fox had technology that shut out most of the roster - it was ridiculous. ? hate Brawl b/c it's basically Melee but fixed without the nonsense and more balanced.

Metaknight is banned b/c he's on his own tier. He's broken, he can outmatch by vast margins anybody on the roster, he has various glitches that can break the game, his moves have greater priority than most characters, he can take advantage of any situation and despite him being light if you know how to use his glitches or DI moves he's extremely difficult to KO.

Yo it got to the point where when people would play MK players they'd literally have to run thru a checklist of what ? could do and what they couldn't (i.e. no infinite cape glitch, no cape glitch to stop DI thus making you "invincible", stage stalling etc.). After a while cats found a way around it, found even more technology with MK and further abused the game. Tourney players got sick of it and said the hell with him and banned him from tournament play in most major events. The top tier in Brawl goes -- MK, Snake, Diddy Kong, Falco, Marth, and more recently Olimar (considered 2nd best now b/c most ppl can't get in on him, since the Pikmin nullify most approaches). It's a shame MK is banned but IMO Nintendo should have just did a patched version to fix some of the mess. The only thing that needs to be fixed is MK's broken-ness and maybe the amount of time Diddy Kong's bananas stay visible.

And is exactly why I don't take brawl seriously.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • genocidecutter
    Options

I'll play brawl again when project m is done
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    what kinda pc you need to run that dolphin emulator? I tried to play Tastsunoko vs Capcom on my ? but it wouldnt run Im gonna give it another go
  • PK_TK_187
    Options
    i have to see that to believe it.
    imo Marth/Ike/Pikachu>>>>Meta
    i dont understand the hype.
    if you cant beat a dude strategy its on you
  • PK_TK_187
    Options
    Dark type Pokemon>>>>Mewtwo.
    and i'm sorry but i refuse to believe Meta is that powerful.
    Its just no one has come up with a good strategy against him.
    and i'm sure i'll clean up with Ike or Marth vs Metaknight
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    When yall ? trying to get on?

Word? We are hitting 20 pgs but nobody is playing each other? Ok.
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I like this ? , played it today for the first time. Dante my ?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    When yall ? trying to get on?

Word? We are hitting 20 pgs but nobody is playing each other? Ok.

to be fair, 10 of those pages are jodie focus ? .
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had a weekend match with my ? ... ? is addictive