newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Down by a dub to the bobcats. Damn man.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    We should've kept sessions

He opted out of starting for the Lakers to come off the bench for Charlotte smh
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how did we win this seriously i was ? of so iwatched the pac fight in some of the heat game when we got down by 20 ... that was a first... surprised and glad we pulled it out.. happened to see last 2 minutes on NBAtv
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A win is a win, no matter how ugly it was.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dwight Howard shrugs off remarks
    MIAMI -- For the second time this week, Dwight Howard found himself responding to someone else's unwanted opinion about his situation with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Only this time, it was Howard's father that prompted the discussion.

"I'm not going to get into it," Howard said after practice in Miami on Saturday when asked about the recent comments of his father, Dwight Howard Sr., dissecting the relationship triangle between the Lakers' center, coach Mike D'Antoni and guard Kobe Bryant.

"My dad is a grown man. If that's how he feels, then we'll leave it at that. I'm not going to get into it."

Howard Sr. told the Atlanta Journal Constitution he was disappointed with the way Bryant publicly criticized his son, and that D'Antoni didn't do anything to curtail it.

"The problem is the coach," Howard Sr. told the newspaper. "(D'Antoni) needs to step in and say, 'You guys have got to be quiet. We're trying to secure something here.' Dwight is probably looking at the coach, thinking, 'What are you going to do?' I promise, if that had been (former Magic coach) Stan Van Gundy, that wouldn't have happened. (Howard) wouldn't have been admonished publicly. I think the coach has a lot to do with who controls Kobe's mouth right now."

There was no more controversial words coming from Bryant on Saturday.

"Honestly, I'm done talking about it," Bryant said. "There's nothing to talk about. I'm done with it. There's nothing to discuss. It's silly."

Before the Lakers played the Boston Celtics on Thursday, Howard lashed out at comments Bryant made to ESPNBoston.com's Jackie MacMullan regarding Howard's ailing right shoulder. Bryant told ESPNBoston.com, "We don't have time for [Howard's shoulder] to heal. ... We need some urgency."

Howard responded by saying of Bryant, "He's not a doctor."

Bryant has repeatedly expressed since the interview with MacMullan that he did not intend for his comments to be construed as an attack at Howard, saying Saturday that it was "just making a big deal out of something that's really nothing."

"All year people have been trying to hang on to stuff," Bryant said of the media interest in the dynamic between him and Howard. "He's just got to go do his job, man. Just rebound, defend and we do our jobs and [fulfill] our roles on what we have to do to help us win. It's not rocket science."

D'Antoni said, "We're good," when asked about the state of things between him and the two Lakers' All-Stars, and shrugged off the comments made by Howard's father.

"That's cool," D'Antoni said. "He should, he's the father, he should defend his son. But I thought we had that [meeting] in Memphis. Maybe we have to do it again."

Howard said he speaks to his dad frequently, but not about the inner-workings of the Lakers.

"We talk life," Howard said.

One aspect of his life Howard did not want to address was where he'll be making his home next season. Howard's father told the Journal Constitution that he expects his son to re-sign with the Lakers.

Does father know best when it comes to Howard's free agency plans?

"I'm not getting into it," Howard said.

He was asked if he appreciated hearing his dad chime in from afar, adding to the national Lakers conversation from his hometown of Atlanta.

"That's what he's supposed to do, support his kid, and he's going to do the best job he can at it," Howard said.

While the Lakers have struggled through a 24-27 start to their season, Howard has sought counsel not only from his father, but surprisingly from Van Gundy as well.

"Me and Stan, we talk," Howard said of his former coach from 2007-12, whom he reportedly wanted fired in Orlando. "We actually talked this week. He needed some help (with a charitable cause), he asked for my support, and I was there for him. Despite everything that happened, or whatever, we're still good friends."

Meanwhile, Van Gundy's brother, ESPN/ABC NBA analyst Jeff Van Gundy, has been very critical of Howard, saying in a recent broadcast between the Lakers and Oklahoma City Thunder that the big man has been "waffling constantly on everything."

That hasn't hurt things between Howard and his former coach, apparently.

"We understand that one part is business and the other part is a lot of things that happened in the media that we can't control things that people may say that we probably don't feel that way about each other but everybody else thinks that that's how we feel," Howard said. "But, we respect each other. We've had great years together and we did some great things together. So, our level of respect will always be there."

Even with all the talk both in the press and out of it and injuries to Howard's shoulder and Pau Gasol's right foot, the Lakers have a chance to finish their seven-game road trip with a 5-2 record if they beat the Miami Heat on Sunday.

"We can only control what we do [Sunday], and if we come out and play well and get a good win, then we can go back home and say we did a good job on this road trip," Howard said.

? comedy..
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dwight Howard? Dude is like 70% and still putting up solid numbers. He's 3rd in FG%, 1st in rebounds, and 5th in blocks. Imagine when he gets to 100% (which will probably happen in March or so).

If anything we need to look at getting Josh Smith and moving Artest and Gasol. Artest is just bad. While he does try hard, he doesn't run the offense and he can't play elite defense anymore. Then he runs the risk of getting suspended or fined every time he steps on the floor due to his reputation. His negatives clearly outweigh his positives.

With Gasol, he doesn't fit the system, and he gives zero effort. At this point in his career, he's a lousy PF and he can't play Center because Dwight is Center.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers and their injuries if in east would still despite all that be a 3 seed....no team has had to deal with injuries like lakers have and be in west playing elite teams 8 times so far
  • kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Lakers Owner Dr. Jerry Buss is Dying of Cancer

By: Alex Lambeth

According to RadarOnline.com and Kevin Ding of the OC Register, Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss is dying of cancer and may only have “days to live”.
    la-sp-ln-la-jerry-buss-hospitalized-monday-nig-001-300x196.jpeg
    Image Credit: Wally Skalij | Los Angeles Times
    RadarOnline.com was first to report, and Kevin Ding of the OC Register is now also reporting, that Los Angeles Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss is dying of cancer.
    Dr. Buss is currently at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles surrounded by family and friends at his hospital bedside.
    Apparently Dr. Buss is in grave condition:
    A source close to the situation tells RadarOnline that Lakers players have been calling with well-wishes and even stopping by to see him in what they expect to be his final days.
    “Jerry isn’t doing well and it’s quite sad, but he’s surrounded by loved ones,” the insider told RadarOnline.
    “The cancer is just too much and it looks like this is the end for him.”
    Dr. Jerry Buss purchased the Lakers in 1979 and has since won 10 NBA championships. He was also inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2010.
    Riddled with health issues for the last few years, Dr. Buss was hospitalized in 2011 with a blood clot. He then had surgery in August 2012 for an undisclosed reason, but was expected to make a full recovery.
    Dr. Buss turned 79 this past January 27th, and unfortunately, he has not attended a Lakers game during the 2012-13 season because of health concerns.
    Let’s all keep the greatest owner in sport’s history in our prayers!

Alex Lambeth is a contributor for LakerNation.com. This was posted on February 14, 2013 in the News category.
  • P swayze166
    Options
    kacee139 wrote: »

According to RadarOnline.com and Kevin Ding of the OC Register, Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss is dying of cancer and may only have “days to live”.
    RadarOnline.com was first to report, and Kevin Ding of the OC Register is now also reporting, that Los Angeles Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss is dying of cancer.
    Dr. Buss is currently at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles surrounded by family and friends at his hospital bedside.
    A source close to the situation tells RadarOnline that Lakers players have been calling with well-wishes and even stopping by to see him in what they expect to be his final days.
    “Jerry isn’t doing well and it’s quite sad, but he’s surrounded by loved ones,” the insider told RadarOnline.
    Dr. Jerry Buss purchased the Lakers in 1979 and has since won 10 NBA championships. He was also inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2010.
    Riddled with health issues for the last few years, Dr. Buss was hospitalized in 2011 with a blood clot. He then had surgery in August 2012 for an undisclosed reason, but was expected to make a full recovery.
    Dr. Buss turned 79 this past January 27th, and unfortunately, he has not attended a Lakers game during the 2012-13 season because of health concerns.

Alex Lambeth is a contributor for LakerNation.com. This was posted on February 14, 2013 in the News category.

Sad day, greatest owner in all sports franchise history
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Sad news. It will take a lot for Jim Buss to fill those shoes.

Hopefully this can inspire the team to make that run.
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

[IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r44/cruzertodd/? -you-cracka-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • P swayze166
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Someone ban this corny Reggie dude, gotta be the WOAT poster of all time next to his father figure Jermajesty Bilfiger

An emo black kid, where the ? they do that at?
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I might cry when Jerry Buss dies.

? . ? . ? .
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I trust Jeanie with the team way before Jimmy.
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reggie80 wrote: »

[IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r44/cruzertodd/? -you-cracka-1.jpg[/IMG]

really though? i understand you dont like the lakers but cmon b
  • Reggie80
    Options
    Someone ban this corny Reggie dude, gotta be the WOAT poster of all time next to his father figure Jermajesty Bilfiger

? up hoe somebody need too ban you ? you getting salty for? You ? in here caping for some old white man who ain't never did ? for ya'll ? outta here acting like ya'll got a personal relationships with Buss.

• Reggie80
    Options
    Lakers vs .Clippers
    1339636316168.jpg
    batman%20laughing3.jpg
  • P swayze166
    Options

? up hoe somebody need too ban you ? you getting salty for? You ? in here caping for some old white man who ain't never did ? for ya'll ? outta here acting like ya'll got a personal relationships with Buss.

Actually young ? I have got money dealing with the buss family in ventures.....so fail on your part.

Keep following me thread to thread though after I gave you multiple losses and made a joke of you so many times
  • Reggie80
    edited February 2013
    Options

Actually young ? I have got money dealing with the buss family in ventures.....so fail on your part.

Keep following me thread to thread though after I gave you multiple losses and made a joke of you so many times
    This the only type of money you done got ? with the Buss family
    busboy.jpg

@Pswayze166 oh yeah go david carradine yourself ? !
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Must be a tough time for Lakers fans...Pringles doing worse than Mike Brown which proves he wasn't the problem to begin with...Dwight Howard experiment was a fail. Buss clinging for life as Phil Jackson puffin on Cuban cigars bumping "It Ain't My Fault" by Silk the Shocker lol...
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tough time in Laker land. Clippers showed they are clearly the better team and it is not close. The Lakers front office will blow this team up which it should. For the first time ever I think I'm comfortable with kobe finishing his career somewhere else.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Nah it's not a tough time at all. All the Lakers did was lose a game. They're actually making progress and it looks like everyone is buying into the team concept.

Y'all overreact a little to much on this forum.
This discussion has been closed.