• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »
    06 ?

How bout 04

Y'all forget these

Like I stated earlier after he murdered Soldier it was curtains he dominated the air waves.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    bazooka wrote: »
    actually 2003-2009.

sad he don't even call himself that anymore. he knows he fell off. i think after jail he really wanted to retire but its just tez, birdman and slim making him continue rapping.

I will give him from The Suffix til No Ceilings, Ye and Jay was tearing ? up in 03 and 04.

But we should have paid attention to the writing on the wall when he came home and did the interview with XXL and said “This is coming from a rapper. One of the best rappers. I ain’t saying I’m the best no more, because these ? is too good these days. I got old.” He aint got the hunger to be the best no more, he caked up.

http://defsounds.com/hip-hop-news/lil-wayne-tells-c4-producers-their-beats-suck-says-hes-not-the-best-rapper-alive-anymore/

03 04 and 05 belonged to 50, gunit, and shady. Stop trying to rewrite history. Wayne started poppin in 06/07

05-09 he was that ? how is that rewriting history? Thats factual. You one of them late bandwagon ? LOL @ 06/07

In 05 50, game, ye, jeezy and all of the htown scene was all more popular than Wayne. Wayne really ain't start dominatin till after tha carter 2 came out.

Carter 2 came out in 05 though

Wayne was still doing his thing on a underground level and was getting respect especially after C1

it came out the end of 05, Lil Wayne's rise to the top started 06, Recipe is a Lil Wayne stan so he's gonna nosign this. i agree with idoitforhiphop, Lil Wayne's reign on top started after GUnit, Dipset, Nelly, Jay, Ludacris fell off

Liked his music from 400 Degreez to Lights Out, and then from Suffix to No Ceilings, I guess that makes me a stan.

IC logic is if you defend any rapper you automatically a stan smh.

Sad thing is I aint even cappin for him just stating facts.
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? just don't want to give wayne credit for stepping his ? up at that time
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you gonna address me, quote or @ me
    actually 2003-2009.

sad he don't even call himself that anymore. he knows he fell off. i think after jail he really wanted to retire but its just tez, birdman and slim making him continue rapping.

I will give him from The Suffix til No Ceilings, Ye and Jay was tearing ? up in 03 and 04.

But we should have paid attention to the writing on the wall when he came home and did the interview with XXL and said “This is coming from a rapper. One of the best rappers. I ain’t saying I’m the best no more, because these ? is too good these days. I got old.” He aint got the hunger to be the best no more, he caked up.

http://defsounds.com/hip-hop-news/lil-wayne-tells-c4-producers-their-beats-suck-says-hes-not-the-best-rapper-alive-anymore/

03 04 and 05 belonged to 50, gunit, and shady. Stop trying to rewrite history. Wayne started poppin in 06/07

05-09 he was that ? how is that rewriting history? Thats factual. You one of them late bandwagon ? LOL @ 06/07

In 05 50, game, ye, jeezy and all of the htown scene was all more popular than Wayne. Wayne really ain't start dominatin till after tha carter 2 came out.

Wayne was still doing his thing on a underground level and was getting respect especially after C1

it came out the end of 05, Lil Wayne's rise to the top started 06, Recipe is a Lil Wayne stan so he's gonna nosign this. i agree with idoitforhiphop, Lil Wayne's reign on top started after GUnit, Dipset, Nelly, Jay, Ludacris fell off

Liked his music from 400 Degreez to Lights Out, (messed with Squad Up a lil bit too) and then from Suffix to No Ceilings, I guess that makes me a stan. * Shrugs

making false and illogical statements because you can't bare the fact that your favorite rapper didn't blow up sooner is stanning. Nobody in the right mind would say Lil Wayne was the biggest rap artists before 2006
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh ya Wayne stans are delusional. Wayne wasn't even hot like that in 04. ? Banks was hotter than Wayne in 2004. Even Tip was hotter. Wayne didn't start gettin recognition till the top of 06, a lil after c2 dropped.
  • StillFaggyAF
    edited March 2013
    Options

lmao at Lil Wayne ruling the airwaves in 04, lmao like 50 Cent/GUnit, Eminem/Shady, Jay-Z, and Kanye didn't exist
    06 ?

How bout 04

Y'all forget these

Like I stated earlier after he murdered Soldier it was curtains he dominated the air waves.

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    with tha carter and dedication and those verses with DC. he was popping.
  • D_Rap_Scholar
    D_Rap_Scholar Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can never understand why people on this board have such a hard time accepting Weezy? Some of you are saying that when was at his best and evolving as an artist, he wasn't even that big of a deal, and no one was paying attention to him (which is not true) And now you're saying that when he finally became big, it wasn't even anything special, cause there was no competition? (which again, is not true)

I could share examples of people's interest in Weezy, including the buzz he had on the street for his mixtapes. I could mention the publications and articles that reported on his growing stardom. I could even bring up the singles he was featured on, that charted between 06-08. But ya'll already've made up their minds about him...and it's not worth trying to convince people living in denial of his accomplishments. smh No matter what we say or do, ya'll won't give Weezy credit for anything ... what a shame, smh
  • The Recipe
    edited March 2013
    Options
    actually 2003-2009.

Liked his music from 400 Degreez to Lights Out, (messed with Squad Up a lil bit too) and then from Suffix to No Ceilings, I guess that makes me a stan. * Shrugs

making false and illogical statements because you can't bare the fact that your favorite rapper didn't blow up sooner is stanning. Nobody in the right mind would say Lil Wayne was the biggest rap artists before 2006

Dog I said 05, you say 06, its one year bro, that's called debatable not illogical.
  • lookdude
    Options
    actually 2003-2009.

No one is saying he was the biggest rap artist before 06 but he had people talkin about him on an ubderground level in 04 with the dedication and the carter

Didn't he have jay-z scouting him at that time ?
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nope g unit was poppin in 04.

The carter only went gold while the hunger for more and staright outta cashville went platinum.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    actually 2003-2009.

No one is saying he was the biggest rap artist before 06 but he had people talkin about him on an ubderground level in 04 with the dedication and the carter

yes. he was gonna sign to Roc right after the Carter. But he fell for the ? "you gonna be president" statement birdman and slim said to him
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Difference between stanning and just stating facts and having a debate. yall know this smh.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    keyword is he saying after. and its partly true tho. ever since then he got bigger and bigger so how is that now true. yeah g-unit was doing their thing but wayne was starting to be a star.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Kanye West during that era>>>Wayne during that era.

Wayne was a decent rapper between 05-07 then he got lazy once he realized his fans would eat up anything he puts out.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    actually 2003-2009.

ok and....? Facts are he excelled during a time when they was a vacuum in rap. You all are gonna bend over backwards but this is the truth. the thread is about his mainstream dominance which was during the late 00s. You got Recipe saying he ruled the airwaves in 04 which is completely false. 06-11 was the peak of Lil Wayne's dominance
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can never understand why people on this board have such a hard time accepting Weezy? Some of you are saying that when was at his best and evolving as an artist, he wasn't even that big of a deal, and no one was paying attention to him (which is not true) And now you're saying that when he finally became big, it wasn't even anything special, cause there was no competition? (which again, is not true)

I could share examples of people's interest in Weezy, including the buzz he had on the street for his mixtapes. I could mention the publications and articles that reported on his growing stardom. I could even bring up the singles he was featured on, that charted between 06-08. But ya'll already've made up their minds about him...and it's not worth trying to convince people living in denial of his accomplishments. smh No matter what we say or do, ya'll won't give Weezy credit for anything ... what a shame, smh

Who's discrediting him? Nobody (including me) never denied that he was hot, in fact i said he was hot in 2006, we're just correcting certain ? false assessment of the time period.

• lookdude
    Options
    actually 2003-2009.

ok and....? Facts are he excelled during a time when they was a vacuum in rap. You all are gonna bend over backwards but this is the truth. the thread is about his mainstream dominance which was during the late 00s. You got Recipe saying he ruled the airwaves in 04 which is completely false. 06-11 was the peak of Lil Wayne's dominance

Okay so you say the rap climate was "weak" when he blew up okay... ? Even if that was the case does that discredit the music he was making at the time? anyone could've stepped up.. he chose to, is that a bad thing ?
  • StillFaggyAF
    edited March 2013
    Options
    actually 2003-2009.

Okay so you say the rap climate was "weak" when he blew up okay... ? Even if that was the case does that discredit the music he was making at the time? anyone could've stepped up.. he chose to, is that a bad thing ?

well IMO, I would say it was bad because it helped to popularize "flooding the market". I'm not a Lil Wayne fan so I don't really care for his music. I think his best album is C1 and i think C3 is trash so...... *shrugs*

there are few if any artists that blow up simply because of music, a big reason why Lil Wayne began to dominate was because other rappers falling off, this isn't really a knock. Just like DMX and Jay-Z didn't blow up until they did
  • D_Rap_Scholar
    D_Rap_Scholar Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I don't buy this being a "weak" era for mainstream hip hop. If you wanna complain about the quality of music, that's one thing, but there was never a shortage of big name or breakout rappers during this time. Just look at the sales for 2008....

Lil Wayne – Tha Carter III 2.8 Million
    T.I. – Paper Trail 1.5 million
    Kanye West -808s & Heartbreak 1 million
    Rick Ross – Trilla 709k
    Young Jeezy – The Recession 706k
    The Game – LAX 633k
    Plies – Definition of Real 552k
    Ludacris – Theater Of The Mind 439k
    Nas – Untitled 428k
    Snoop Dogg – Ego Trippin 379k
    Flo-Rida – Mail On Sunday 356

In that one year, you had releases from established rappers like Luda and Na, and artists who had already broken out and won over numbers of fans (Jeezy, T.I., Game, Rick Ross). Weezy just came out on top. And why? Maybe you can say that there was a vacuum - and fans were sorely looking for an artist to fill the void. But there was also the fact that for a span of at least two years, Weezy was steadily gaining attention and saturating the market with his own material. By the time Carter 3 had arrived, he managed to build a huge amounts of anticipation. The fact is, Weezy was the hardest working rapper in the industry at that time; and he delivered some pretty impressive joints around this period <<--- that had more to do with his eventual success than anything else. Let there be no mistake, there was competition during those years, but his work ethic and the quality of his work shined above it.

So again, what's up for debate here?
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nah, Jay-Z needs an honorable mention too...when Pac and Big were poppin that ? wasn't ? , they had to die and even then DMX prevented him from sole position and then Em came out also...Nas then blasted the ? when he forgot his place and was gettin to comfortable...not saying he was never King but he deserves a mention too.

Shut up ? .
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://sphotos-b.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/9083_230952407050407_844838880_n.jpg[/img]
  • killaguwop
    killaguwop Members Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wayne was never king.it was hov,killa then 50.the south was always dominated by texas
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, Wayne domniate from '05 and onwards
    Not from '06.

Wtf y'all talking about?