did blacks hate Regan or bush jr. more as president?

Options

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J. Will wrote: »
    Funny thing about Regan is he didnt start out as a Republican..nor was he conservative in his acting days or while he was head of the Screen Actors Guild..

They originally wanted Charlton Heston to run but he refused to run so they persuaded Reagan to fall in line..Reagan was their guy way before he announced, they groomed him for years then when Carter's term was up the Republicans swooped in and got their guy in office..

So he ? up a whole generation of people Jus cuz a political party was like "do it" ?
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J. Will wrote: »
    Funny thing about Regan is he didnt start out as a Republican..nor was he conservative in his acting days or while he was head of the Screen Actors Guild..

They originally wanted Charlton Heston to run but he refused to run so they persuaded Reagan to fall in line..Reagan was their guy way before he announced, they groomed him for years then when Carter's term was up the Republicans swooped in and got their guy in office..

So he ? up a whole generation of people Jus cuz a political party was like "do it" ?

To sum it up...

YES
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you havent seen Oliver Stone's Untold History of America, i suggest you get on that...

The current landscape of politics were shaped in the 1980 Reagan campaign..
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    No way. Reagan by far like Gerald said. Do ya'll really need to be reminded about what life was like for black people under Reagan? About Reagan's stances on South Africa, Nelson Mandela, and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day? About how Reagan used racist Southern Strategy narratives slicker and smoother than anyone before or since? About how Reagan denigrated and opposed the Voting Rights Act AND the Civil Rights Act? CONTRAS? COKE? ? ? THESE RINGING ANY BELLS?

Bush was worse overall because he ? up the world more. But Bush was just dumb and naive. He actually wanted black people to like him...he was telling the truth when he said that Kanye ? hurt him deep. He tried to reach out to us....its just that he was a ? .

Reagan on the other hand, was smart and devious. He knew exactly what he was doing and he hated us.

Ronald Reagan is the ? Damn Devil. Killer Mike and Huey Freeman were not lying to you.........

damn i aint kno he was on bullshyt wit nelson mandela and mlk.. smh... the more i find out the more dude i understand why blacks hated dude..
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Obama actually has repealed some of regans drug laws..
    okay, let's hear about which ones Obama repealed.

• damobb2deep
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Obama actually has repealed some of regans drug laws..
    okay, let's hear about which ones Obama repealed.

when Reagan was in office the offense 4 selling ? vs. coke was 100 to 1.... Obama changed that law from 100 to less then 20...
  • janklow
    Options
    when Reagan was in office the offense 4 selling ? vs. coke was 100 to 1.... Obama changed that law from 100 to less then 20...
    please, i'm not giving Obama credit for that. good for him, he didn't veto a bipartisan piece of legislation that guys from both parties had been trying to get passed for years before Obama was president.

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reagan is a evil ? even white people recognize as an evil douchbag bush was just an ? up or
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    please, i'm not giving Obama credit for that. good for him, he didn't veto a bipartisan piece of legislation that guys from both parties had been trying to get passed for years before Obama was president.

you may not... but ? in the street knew that was unfair... it did good 4 America in more ways then 1..
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reagan was a total ? , Bush ? up the world more but at least Bush tried to reach out to Blacks. Reagan always made it very obvious he didn't care for Black people. See his support for apartheid and him calling Mandela a trouble maker. A huge ? you to Reagan, if there is a hell in an afterlife he's burning in it now.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Reagan was a total ? , Bush ? up the world more but at least Bush tried to reach out to Blacks. Reagan always made it very obvious he didn't care for Black people. See his support for apartheid and him calling Mandela a trouble maker. A huge ? you to Reagan, if there is a hell in an afterlife he's burning in it now.

wow he called mandella a trouble maker? smh
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reagan..eat a ?
    nixon...ill knock that cracka out
    bush...serve him some blow laced with that ?
  • janklow
    Options
    you may not... but ? in the street knew that was unfair... it did good 4 America in more ways then 1..
    uh... did you even read my post? it's not a commentary on whether or not the sentencing disparity was unfair (it was) or if it was good to end it (it was). it's about the fact that both Republicans and Democrats had been pushing legislation to end the disparity for YEARS before Obama was the president. all he did was not veto it, so i ask why he gets credit for that alone?

• movingfeet
    movingfeet Members Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Bush may have been the biggest ? -up in this nations history BUT reagan REAGAN that ? cocksucka damn near ? up my bad DESTROYED the black community to a point that we're still feeling it to this day
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    uh... did you even read my post? it's not a commentary on whether or not the sentencing disparity was unfair (it was) or if it was good to end it (it was). it's about the fact that both Republicans and Democrats had been pushing legislation to end the disparity for YEARS before Obama was the president. all he did was not veto it, so i ask why he gets credit for that alone?
    He da president... He gets all the blame and all the reward 4 whats done in d.c... *shrugs*
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From what I have read it sounds like Regan was a lot more hated.
  • janklow
    Options
    He da president... He gets all the blame and all the reward 4 whats done in d.c... *shrugs*
    how much more explicitly do you need me to state i don't him credit for ? he didn't do and doesn't deserve credit for because i don't believe the president gets all credit/blame simply because he's president

• damobb2deep
    Options
    how much more explicitly do you need me to state i don't him credit for ? he didn't do and doesn't deserve credit for because i don't believe the president gets all credit/blame simply because he's president

well that's on u... I jus kno that when u are the face of America u get the credit 4 everything that's rite and the blame 4 everything that's wrong... and that is a fact...
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was only between4-11yrs old when Reagan was in office. all I know is there were derogatory school yard rhimes about him on the playground. I only found out about the foul ? he did as an adult through reading. dubya sticks out like a sore thumb.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    I was only between4-11yrs old when Reagan was in office. all I know is there were derogatory school yard rhimes about him on the playground. I only found out about the foul ? he did as an adult through reading. dubya sticks out like a sore thumb.

I remember that name from somewhere but don't kno what he did...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

:-S
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reagan off what I read off books and research
  • janklow
    Options
    well that's on u... I jus kno that when u are the face of America u get the credit 4 everything that's rite and the blame 4 everything that's wrong... and that is a fact...
    it's not a "fact," it's a sad testament to how lazy Americans are, as, apparently, learning anything about history and/or government is a lot of work

that said, do you blame EVERYTHING on Obama right now? or do you blame Congress/Republicans/etc for some of it? because if the latter's true, then you're just a hypocrite.
    never mind, you're actually not qualified to be posting in this thread

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    put it like this if you wasn't alive and at least of age to remember and have a grip on what you was seeing around you during Regan 2 terms then you wouldn't even know how Reganonomics effected the black community...

REGAN ERA by far