did blacks hate Regan or bush jr. more as president?

Options
13»

Comments

• aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Regan hands down.
    ? epidemic.
    Aids epidemic.
    Government cheese epidemic.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Regan hands down.
    ? epidemic.
    Aids epidemic.
    Government cheese epidemic.

I 4got aids came out when he was in office...
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    well that's on u... I jus kno that when u are the face of America u get the credit 4 everything that's rite and the blame 4 everything that's wrong... and that is a fact...
    it's not a "fact," it's a sad testament to how lazy Americans are, as, apparently, learning anything about history and/or government is a lot of work

that said, do you blame EVERYTHING on Obama right now? or do you blame Congress/Republicans/etc for some of it? because if the latter's true, then you're just a hypocrite.
    I remember that name from somewhere but don't kno what he did...
    never mind, you're actually not qualified to be posting in this thread

rather u like or don't like a president doesn't mean everybody else likes or dislikes him... like u said some americans are lazy and use the president as a scape goat 4 the bad that is going on in the country.. do I blame Obama 4 everything? no... do I give him credit 4 doing his best yes... do I give him credit 4 this country being better then it was say six years ago.. yes... do I kno it took more then him 2 get it this way... yes...

cuz rather u like it or not HIS NAME is on those bills/ laws... not congress .. so the pressure is on him... not them..
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    rather u like or don't like a president doesn't mean everybody else likes or dislikes him...
    good thing i never made this claim in any form.
    do I blame Obama 4 everything? no... do I give him credit 4 doing his best yes... do I give him credit 4 this country being better then it was say six years ago.. yes... do I kno it took more then him 2 get it this way... yes...
    which, incidentally, is why i call you a hypocrite: you're basically saying that you don't blame him for anything bad that happens (even though he's the president and, per you, "when u are the face of America u get the credit 4 everything that's rite and the blame 4 everything that's wrong") but you DO give him credit for anything good that happens because he's the president.

summation: you're a hypocrite, it's not cool, but it is what it is, so just accept it, i guess.
    cuz rather u like it or not HIS NAME is on those bills/ laws... not congress .. so the pressure is on him... not them..
    little-known fact: the names of the congressmen who pushed for those bills are ALSO on him. and you continue to ignore the fact that people in Congress pushed to end the disparity BEFORE Obama was the president.

• damobb2deep
    Options
    rather u like or don't like a president doesn't mean everybody else likes or dislikes him...
    good thing i never made this claim in any form.
    do I blame Obama 4 everything? no... do I give him credit 4 doing his best yes... do I give him credit 4 this country being better then it was say six years ago.. yes... do I kno it took more then him 2 get it this way... yes...
    which, incidentally, is why i call you a hypocrite: you're basically saying that you don't blame him for anything bad that happens (even though he's the president and, per you, "when u are the face of America u get the credit 4 everything that's rite and the blame 4 everything that's wrong") but you DO give him credit for anything good that happens because he's the president.

summation: you're a hypocrite, it's not cool, but it is what it is, so just accept it, i guess.
    little-known fact: the names of the congressmen who pushed for those bills are ALSO on him. and you continue to ignore the fact that people in Congress pushed to end the disparity BEFORE Obama was the president.

lol 2 things
    1:this is about bush and Reagan not Obama...

also who said I don't blame or criticize him... im against him tryna reform the gun laws.... he is not above criticism from me.. so im not a hypocrite..
  • janklow
    Options
    lol 2 things
    man, YOU brought Obama into this. the charge of hypocrisy is based on you giving him credit for reforming laws despite that work predating him while actively stating you do NOT blame him for everything right after saying the president should get the blame for everything.
    also who said I don't blame or criticize him...
    perhaps it was this guy:
    do I blame Obama 4 everything? no...
    who ALSO said:
    I jus kno that when u are the face of America u get the credit 4 everything that's rite and the blame 4 everything that's wrong... and that is a fact...

• damobb2deep
    Options
    lol 2 things
    man, YOU brought Obama into this. the charge of hypocrisy is based on you giving him credit for reforming laws despite that work predating him while actively stating you do NOT blame him for everything right after saying the president should get the blame for everything.
    also who said I don't blame or criticize him...
    perhaps it was this guy:
    do I blame Obama 4 everything? no...
    who ALSO said:
    I jus kno that when u are the face of America u get the credit 4 everything that's rite and the blame 4 everything that's wrong... and that is a fact...
    smh im not even gone respond 2 this.... u posted what I said and nothing was contradictory...
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wasn't even alive when Reagan first took office, hell I wasn't alive when he left the white house, and I was taught to say '? RONALD REAGAN!' so that should tell you all you need to know right there. lol
  • janklow
    Options
    smh im not even gone respond 2 this.... u posted what I said and nothing was contradictory...
    you're right i posted what you said, because it's why you're being a damn hypocrite about it. one quote is you saying the president gets the blame because he's the face of America. another is you saying you don't blame the president for anything. that's contradictory.

and here's another thing: you say "im against him tryna reform the gun laws," yet considering that he won't stop waving the ? shirt in regards to them --and, for that matter, telling outright lies to get laws passed-- are you even willing to blame him for what he does in THAT regard? or, more likely, are you going to continue being hypocritical?
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    you're right i posted what you said, because it's why you're being a damn hypocrite about it. one quote is you saying the president gets the blame because he's the face of America. another is you saying you don't blame the president for anything. that's contradictory.

and here's another thing: you say "im against him tryna reform the gun laws," yet considering that he won't stop waving the ? shirt in regards to them --and, for that matter, telling outright lies to get laws passed-- are you even willing to blame him for what he does in THAT regard? or, more likely, are you going to continue being hypocritical?

DUDE SHUT DA ? UP!!! did not contradict myself.... its how I feel... this thread is not about Obama... if u wanna make a thread about this and discuss this there im down 4 it... but not in here..
  • janklow
    Options
    DUDE SHUT DA ? UP!!!
    yeah... instead i will continue to keep posting on this public forum in response to your posts
    did not contradict myself.... its how I feel...
    it being "how you feel" has nothing to do with the fact that you're a hypocrite because of your flagrant contradiction. i mean, it's not like you're actually making an argument that you haven't contradicted yourself.
    this thread is not about Obama...
    says the guy who brought up Obama supposedly repealing drug laws

• mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Regan by far
    Ted shackley and The Secret Team
    80's fun as a kid, depressing for average black adults
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Black people despised Reagan. ? , they damn near turned on N.W.A. for having dinner with that guy. Remember his funeral? How many darkies were in that crowd for it? Exactly.......
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? we gotta chooseone!?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • janklow
    edited April 2013
    Options
    oh, damobb2deep, i hope you realize the troll tag indicates the depth of your hurt feelings

EDIT: oh no, TWO troll tags!

it's sad, back in my day posters would actually defend their arguments like adults instead of having so many hurt feelings

ADDITIONAL EDIT: wow, prop joe REALLY has some hurt feelings over this thread
  • GameChanga
    GameChanga Members Posts: 167
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    Reagan that sucker started the war on drugs and blacc ppl like/drugs
    yep! he started the HUGE boom in the incarceration of Black men primarily. Reagan is the devil.

• King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I know is I wanted to ? Ford for pardoning Nixon
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    GameChanga wrote: »
    CracceR wrote: »
    Reagan that sucker started the war on drugs and blacc ppl like/drugs
    yep! he started the HUGE boom in the incarceration of Black men primarily. Reagan is the devil.
    smh.. I learn more ? up ? about Reagan all the time... but dude was a ? to republicans tho..