Who's gonna drop the better album this year? Cole? Wale? Sean?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not even that, they are always being compared. The back and forth going on in here isn't just bc of the topic.
    Ever since I joined the IC about 3 years ago I know for 2 of em it's been Cole vs Big Sean so I'm just wondering where it comes from.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    It's not even that, they are always being compared. The back and forth going on in here isn't just bc of the topic.
    Ever since I joined the IC about 3 years ago I know for 2 of em it's been Cole vs Big Sean so I'm just wondering where it comes from.

First it was Cole vs. Drake...He was sposed to be the "anti-Drake"...Then ? realized he was just like Drake with worse beats, worse punch lines, and a grittier edge...So then they said..."Well hey, he still better than that Big Sean ? "...Then along came a poster named DayDay who fueled the fire to insane levels...And now we're here today...
  • ILL_Anvers
    ILL_Anvers Members Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    J. cole.

Never was into Wale and Big Sean.
    I don't even think it's gonna be a real competition.

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »

First it was Cole vs. Drake...He was sposed to be the "anti-Drake"...Then ? realized he was just like Drake with worse beats, worse punch lines, and a grittier edge...So then they said..."Well hey, he still better than that Big Sean ? "...Then along came a poster named DayDay who fueled the fire to insane levels...And now we're here today...

huh ???

Cole is like Drake ???

FOH
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    All three will be dope

Cole-i don't know what direction he's going but Power Trip grew on me, and Cole Summer is flames. I'm a big Cole fan so i will cop. i've been critical of him recently but hopefully he delivers

Wale-Folarin is so underrated and Bad is a great single. He's been in the studio with Just Blaze, Diplo, Tone P, DJ Premier. If its anything like Folarin, this album i think will cement his place in hip hop. Plus he has the Album About Nothing coming out this year so 2013 might be Wale's year. I also think he will sell gold again. According to his twitter, it will about 15-16 songs and little features

Big Sean-again, i don't know really know the direction he will go but Sean improved so much from his first mixtape to his first album to now. He had a huge 2012 and he has all the tools to come out with a great album, especially considering how strong his last two mixtapes were.

I think Wale will have the best two albums (assuming The Gifted is like or better than Folarin and Album About Nothing is about The Mixtape/More About Nothing) but Cole and Sean will have great albums as well
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When Cole was starting to get his name out there he was compared to Drake a lot.
    I remember some interviews saying he hated that ? .
    Of course they don't sound nothing alike but that's the music biz.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea the j cole vs sean ? was classic
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    A1000MILES wrote: »

huh ???

Cole is like Drake ???

FOH

if drake was a better rapper that didnt sing and had a backbone and the ability to think about someone/issues besides himself he'd be Cole
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a tough one being that all three of them are equally wack....
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the IRS will drop the best album because ALL 3 ? is trash tax write offs.