Grant Hill's advice for Derrick Rose critics

Options

Comments

• mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think this entire argument would end if he just made a decision.

He keeps teasing fans about coming back, saying maybe he will or ruling out he won't, and that is keeping all of this going. There is no shame in taking time off, but just say that you are taking the time off, and people will understand.

But the criticism will continue because he is still giving it fuel, and he deserves it since he won't end it by making a choice.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a difference between being a competitor and being stupid. It's fun to look at football players of the past who shrug off concussions to get back in the fight, man up, rub some dirt on it and keep going... until they ? themselves with shotguns later in life because of the permanent brain damage they caused.

If Derrick Rose doesn't feel ready to go then he'll be tentative, passive and question his ability. Any athlete will tell you that they're more likely to hurt themselves again when they feel that way.
    Which translates to him being mentally weak...

Tim Leggler said he just needs to get confidence and he has to realize he just needs to go out there and get use to it but he needs to have some confidence.

He should go out there when he's ready the thing is his body is ready right now but because he's mentally weak and soft it's better that he's not out there.

Guess you missed all of last season when Rose played through numerous injuries and kept hurting himself, likely contributing to him tearing his ACL because his body was battered and weakened from constant rehab and favoring other back and leg injuries. Or maybe not. Rub some dirt on it Derrick and get in there. You exist for our entertainment. smh

Yep he was fearless then in those situations you're right... He's still being mentally weak now... Is It not possible for a man to have no problems with shoulder injuries or a knee sprain but be scared to comeback from a ACL?

Exactly the guy is mentally weak in areas that doesn't mean he's scared of everything.

So you really think that a shoulder injury and knee sprain is worse than a torn acl.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    I love how ? who never spoke a word to derrick rose in their life know not only his psyche, but also precisely how he really feels.
    Have you ever read a person before? Do you ever prejudge people?

You know you do so whats wrong with me doing so when I have a reason for prejudging him.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he ain't ready he ain't ready.... He shoulda just said I'm out so if he came back it woulda been a surprise.... Shumpurt is a role player who doesny have to do what rose does all game.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love how ? who never spoke a word to derrick rose in their life know not only his psyche, but also precisely how he really feels.

You know you do so whats wrong with me doing so when I have a reason for prejudging him.

Most of the reading of people I do takes place in person.

Just saying don't parade it as fact when you never met the dude and know nothing of him.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea my homie tried to bring up D Rose last night I told him to shut that ? down idgaf bout him right now....it's about Nate, Joakim and etc...we ll discuss Rose when he comes back next yr...the only thing I d say though is that he needs to sit in the box like Westbrook does..
  • BlackxChild
    Options

Just saying don't parade it as fact when you never met the dude and know nothing of him.

He's a grown man who cries around needles its pretty much a fact that there is some soft to this man. Dude literally scratches and screams to avoid shots as a grown man. Seriously he's somewhat of a ? regardless of course I'm going to question dudes toughness.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He's a grown man who cries around needles its pretty much a fact that there is some soft to this man. Dude literally scratches and screams to avoid shots as a grown man. Seriously he's somewhat of a ? regardless of course I'm going to question dudes toughness.

lmao at this post coming from the biggest Tony ? Dickrider/Apologist on this site...
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options

How do you know this
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BlackxChild
    Options

How do you know this

It was reported right after he got out of Memphis.
  • coop9889
    Options

How do you know this

It was reported right after he got out of Memphis.

Link?
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited May 2013
    Options
    That dude got numerous tattoos to be afraid of needles
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rose is mentally weak though.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That dude got numerous tattoos to be afraid of needles

It worked for Pacquaio LOL
  • coop9889
    edited May 2013
    Options
    ? said lebron was mentally weak/no killer instinct then what happened.....?

? dont know wtf they talking bout. Yall saying he mentally weak based off what the media say.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The story about rose being shook of needles is true.He needed stitches in the 08 final four and was about to cry
    You see, Rose has a fear of needles. No, make that a debilitating phobia of them.

He was told he needed as many as four stitches to close up a ? above his right eye after a collision during Memphis' 92-74 win over Michigan State on Friday in the South Regional semifinal.

That news ruined any celebration he had in mind after scoring a game-high 27 points despite missing almost eight minutes in the second half dealing with the injury.

Rose came stalking out of the locker room, yelling, ranting and on the verge of tears. He only calmed down when team officials agreed to glue the cut and forget the stitches.

"I'm terrified of needles," he said. "If I would have got stitches, they would have had to stick a needle right above my eye. So I was pouting, stormed out of the locker room. I was mad."

Rose, who is averaging 14 points per game, isn't sure what brought on this fear, but he vividly remembers an event from his childhood that didn't help.

When he was 7, he fell off his bicycle and another child ran over his head with a bike, causing a large wound on the back of his head.

"The nurses at the hospital were holding him down and he was so scared he broke away from them and got up," his mother, Brenda Rose, said in a phone interview. "So they had to tape him to the gurney and do the stitches. He was mad at everyone that day."

But he remembers being miffed at one person in particular.

"My mother helped them strap me down and I was mad at her because she did that," he said.

Considering his problem, some may find it strange that Rose has five tattoos, some rather elaborate.

"You really never see the needle," he explained. "You just see an object that is going back and forth. With a needle, you've got to look at it and, man, it's totally different."

Regardless of his reasoning, his mother still doesn't understand.

"I can't figure that one out, either," she said. "I asked him how he could get a tattoo and he said, 'Those are not going into the skin; they're just tapping."'

So does he get any, well, needling from his teammates because of the phobia? Chris Douglas-Roberts said there are several players with similar fears and that he joined Rose in refusing to get a flu shot this season because of his own wariness.

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=791520
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? dont know wtf they talking bout. Yall saying he mentally weak based off what the media say.

well bron is mentally weak. he left cleveland to click up with another ? to win rings.

• coop9889
    Options

well bron is mentally weak. he left cleveland to click up with another ? to win rings.

Lol troll
  • coop9889
    Options
    He clearly has a phobia of needles. ? who don't have phobias won't understand. Having a phobia doesnt mean you are mentally weak.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    B.BeST wrote: »
    @BlackxChild because a man is extra cautious and aware of the circumstances of being rushed back against his will doesn't make him weak minded..... IT MAKES HIM A MAN.

? what the fans/ownership/team thinks, thats what got grant hill and penny hardaway threw in the bushes, u go with your own instincts, its all about self preservation in the end....

He is not being rushed back, he is just taking an extra long break/recovery

Being rushed back would be them trying to get him to play as soon as the doctors cleared him. The time for "being rushed back" has long passed. After the doctors cleared rose, and he said he wasn't ready yet, no one was tripping at all, even though shumpert and Rubio had returned. They didn't start tripping until half the bulls was missing arms and legs, and Derrick kept saying, "You never know, I might come back", instead of just flat out saying he wont be returning this season.

Like I said in another thread, if there is still issues with his actual knee, then he needs to go to another doctor and have it looked at, because something ain't right. Which is not the case, since Derrick, and everyone in his camp have recently been saying his knee is fine, and he is just dealing with his mindset.

This situation between Grant Hill and Derrick Rose or two different situations, Derrick had a diagnosed injury, and was treated with surgery and rehab, Grant Hill went to the trainers and they pretty much said, "nah, you aight, just throw some ice on it", and he never got the problem diagnosed, or treated, and eventually his ankle gave.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My issue is if derrick rose doesn't wanna come back for health reasons (even if hes cleared) then say it. When this ? said he had confidence issues that is what is alarming. If its a confidence issue than hes on the wrong team. ? who were bench players playing all 48 mins. Noah hurt as ? but he playing through that ? . Nate robinson is 2 inches shorter than me and he going up against bigs in the paint laying it in.

? hate on durant lebron and the rest of the new school for being too "soft" ? about fouls and ? . But when derrick rose is playing in practice full speed but he ain't een got "confidence" some people give him a pass. Rose can do what he wants with his body but when you wanna be a star player but lack confidence its concertning. When you wanna practice all day full speed scrimmage and not give 1 min on the game then you lose my respect and nba players respect.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he lacks confidence then sit your monkey ass down and say you're done for the year instead of being a daily distraction

It's been 12 months damn near to the day he had surgery.The bulls advancing in the 1st round is a nightmare for duke cuz now the excuses look corny,low key we know he wanted the bulls to lose in the 1st round.Shumpert out here skying on tip dunks while rose still aint ready
This discussion has been closed.