Options

Comments

• MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    BKlHnE3CEAA8Uhe.png

goat cover...

This cover is hella dope but he's never appeared physically on an album cover. What if it was drop out bear though? Lol

I think drop out bear will be on Good Ass Job if it ever gets made
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    waterproof wrote: »
    New Slave ? sucks album will not be copped.......

That's just one single.

You're going to buy an album off of one single???

Kanye had a great run, he should go back to producing, I have all kanye albums except WTT and Cruel Summer, this is his 2nd single from the album and the first I was not feeling...

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That song is just OK though even without hearing a very crisp clear version .. .

I hope the album delivers with another ego-tripping title
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man could you imagine Killa Mike on that "new slaves" beat ....
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just got off the phone with my patna who is a huge Kanye fan and when I told him the album title he said Kanye's ? ? .

Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't swallow any and everything this man does.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    That song is just OK though even without hearing a very crisp clear version .. .

Yo, can you recommend any specific Fela Kuti albums?.. I listened to a bunch of his songs, but I never really knew where to start when it comes to his albums..
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He should get more rappers like Mike on that LP who spit that realness if he wants to be taken seriously again

But it looks like those French boys (Daft Punk) will be handling some of the production on the album .. . so I'm yet to imagine which direction he's headed
  • buttuh_b
    Options

Yo, can you recommend any specific Fela Kuti albums?.. I listened to a bunch of his songs, but I never really knew where to start when it comes to his albums..

Expensive ? !

I was eating at Chipotle the other day and was surprised to hear his music playing there.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

He should get more rappers like Mike on that LP who spit that realness if he wants to be taken seriously again

But it looks like those French boys (Daft Punk) will be handling some of the production on the album .. . so I'm yet to imagine which direction he's headed

Only people that don't take kanyes music serious anymore are these blogosphere weirdos ... Other than that people know his ? is the truth

Oh and he put Gil Scott Heron on his last record ..... Who the hell spits realer than that man bruh bruh?
  • buttuh_b
    Options

Only people that don't take kanyes music serious anymore are these blogosphere weirdos ... Other than that people know his ? is the truth

Oh and he put Gil Scott Heron on his last record ..... Who the hell spits realer than that man bruh bruh?

I would argue that people who listen to music objectively started being skeptical of his offerings a couple years ago. Especially since he stopped producing his own ? .
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

Expensive ? !

I was eating at Chipotle the other day and was surprised to hear his music playing there.
    Thank you!..

tumblr_lw0tc9VpTp1qk52jj.gif

I never heard one of his songs irl, but I did hear the cover of Water Get No Enemy by D'Angelo and Femi Kuti once..
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

and this is why I think this album is going to be one of his weakest...

when Kanye is behind the boards, his creative genius shows and it captures his vision and emotion, it's more clearer the music have more soul and he guides the album....

but when other producers produce for Kanye it doesn't seem right, the vision is muddled, the soul is not there and it's like he's not coming across..... I knew it was something that didn't seem right with New Slave
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like it, some good lyrics on there. Topic has been touched plenty times, but never by someone of this magnitude.

Interesting move
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cs on killer mike he would RIP this track
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We've been discussing the hell out of this song in the sticky thread since last night.
    it deserves it's own thread b.. Alot of folks skim through the site and don't read through threads..

I had to give it it's own shine outchea

I can respect that
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

I would argue that people who listen to music objectively started being skeptical of his offerings a couple years ago. Especially since he stopped producing his own ? .

And who the ? are these people? His sales have continues to stay high and his critical reviews only get better with each album ... Sooo whoo is this "silent majority" you speak of ? Lets really talk about "objectivity"
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On SNL he will perform one never heard before song and New slaves wearing Red Yeezy's

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

when Kanye is behind the boards, his creative genius shows and it captures his vision and emotion, it's more clearer the music have more soul and he guides the album....

but when other producers produce for Kanye it doesn't seem right, the vision is muddled, the soul is not there and it's like he's not coming across..... I knew it was something that didn't seem right with New Slave

eh

depends if you are talking traditional producing or beat making, because Late Registration is Kanye's best album and Just Blaze, Jon Brion and an orchestra did all the behind the boards work
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On SNL he will perform one never heard before song and New slaves wearing Red Yeezy's
    lmao
    I'm so hype,i might break out the special lotion.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? damn it bawse d. low, you constantly make the gayest comments.
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ohhh shiiiieettt
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

eh

depends if you are talking traditional producing or beat making, because Late Registration is Kanye's best album and Just Blaze, Jon Brion and an orchestra did all the behind the boards work

Just only had one track, but Kanye was still at the very least programming drums. There's video footage of him creating "Addiction" both programming drums and working with the sample. Jon Brion brought in and conducted the orchestration and played instruments. There's also Devo Springsteen, Ye's cousin, who did "Diamonds Are Forever". There were also co-producers like Warryn Campbell and Brian Miller who contributed to some songs.