Is Will And Jaden Smith’s ‘After Earth’ Being Sabotaged By Racists?

Options

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white people being racist

surpised?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Me too...right out the redbox
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was wack but i still paid to see it cuz Will Smith is the last black movie star
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a Will Smith stan and still thought the movie was subpar.

Jaden must improve if he wishes to succeed. I thought he had a speech impediment in the movie by the way he spoke, smh.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo I bet you this ? ? gone get allllllllll the rave reviews tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAagFuR_XIM&sns=em

The ? is this ? ? ?! I lost mu got dayuum appetite!
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    >Oprah

0/10, will not even bootleg.

I wonder how much Abena Agyeman-Fisher gets paid to write such articles though.

heuJxf3.png
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    When angelina jolie did a movie with jon voigt all you heard was finally father and daughter reunited. Ain't it grand? But when will and jayden make a movie together its nepotism? Man ? deez kkkrackaz. Imma go support

@ the bolded, yeah, remember how everyone said pursuit of happyness was terrible and that it was about nepotism?

oh you don't?

Personally I enjoyed. Pursuit of happyness. *shrugs*

• desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A couple years ago when Michael Douglas costarred in a train wreck of a movie with his troubled son i didnt hear a peep from the media about nepotism

And thats just one example

and u cant say oh well no one said anything when they did pursuit of happiness

Thats comparing apples and oranges, unlike Ph after earth had a gigantic budget, and its centered around two blk men...the fact that its not the top of the box office and has gotten harsh reviews is going to make it even harder for a movie of its kind with an all blk to get made

And really imho iron man 3 was no better
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll wait til it comes out on Blu-ray DVD bootleg Netflix Showtime, Starz HBO FX USA TNT BET
  • Copper
    Options
    Iron man was even more disappointing than after earth
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    so nepotism is a problem when black people do it.. shiiiiiiiiiit check ya locale...

People complain about nepotism when white people do it too, especially when the person benefitting from the nepotism doesn't seem to be worthy of what they are receiving.
    Name a recent example...

George W. Bush...

Why do I have to give a recent example. The point is white people have been criticized for it before. If you really think it's all about race and not the quality of the movie and how it was put together, then please tell me where were these articles in the three other movies Will has used his name to get Jayden put on.
    You made a statement so I asked you to back it up wit facts...

Hollywood is built on nepotism but now all of a sudden it's a problem. I think there are some racial undertones in some of these reviews (not taking away from the fact that movie is prob. wack)...
    I'll take ya'Il opinion on that movie being wack though. Still I wanna see the movie for myself to really form an opinion on the movie and if the criticism was just.

I gave you examples. Then you tried to put some artificial restrictions on what answers were allowed. I'm not saying that there were no racist angles with any of the criticism. There are always going to be some bigoted responses out there. I'm saying that the vast amount of criticism being lobbied towards this movie has more to do with it's underwhelming quality than nepotism. And what criticism there is being lobbied at the nepotism has more to do with how blatant it is in this case than the fact that it's done.

Once again, the Smith family has being pushing the younger members on us for years now and there was no criticism. There are a number of other blacks who have benefited from the work their family members have put in without major criticism. So race is clearly not the primary reason this movie is being ? on.
    Are you sure? I just asked you to name a recent example and you mentioned a politician eventhough this thread is about/ we're discussing Hollywood. It's all good though.

Like I said I have to see the movie anyway before i can speak on it. I just felt there were some racial undertones in the backlash it received. I'll might agree with you after I've seen the movie, who knows. It's not really my genre anyway to tell you the truth...

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    only if racists were the ones to actually make the movie
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I seldom trust white owned media these days.
  • Copper
    Options

The superfuck is this?
    I'd rather see after earth 2
    "I ain't go to no skool....I was raised on a cotton fahm"

Get all the way the ? outta here man
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »

The superfuck is this?

Watch the reception this ? gets from the mainstream media when it drops tho... They lovvvvvvvve them some loyal ? on they silver screen ...

It's 20gotdamn13 ... And they still pumping this ol servant ? ? out like hot cakes

• Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The superfuck is this?

Watch the reception this ? gets from the mainstream media when it drops tho... They lovvvvvvvve them some loyal ? on they silver screen ...

It's 20gotdamn13 ... And they still pumping this ol servant ? ? out like hot cakes
    Co sign, I mean from Driving miss Daisy to The Help to this bullsh*t. How long will they keep making these bullsh*t a*s movies? It's 2013.

Every race has been a subjugated at one point or another but they're not gonna let us forget it. I know it's just entertainment butb what a black kid's sense of selfworth can suffer when he keeps seeing these images of blacks in subservient positions.
  • Copper
    Options
    I thought that was some spoof ? ..
    Took me about a minute into the trailer to realize it was real
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The superfuck is this?

Co sign, I mean from Driving miss Daisy to The Help to this bullsh*t. How long will they keep making these bullsh*t a*s movies? It's 2013.

Every race has been a subjugated at one point or another but they're not gonna let us forget it. I know it's just entertainment butb what a black kid's sense of selfworth can suffer when he keeps seeing these images of blacks in subservient positions.

No doubt bruh .... These whites love them some good ol fashion "struggle ? struggle" tales ...
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even if they aren't racist, crakkkas won't want to criticize "Oprah's Grand ? Extravaganza: Unlimited", because then they'll look racist.

So non-racist crakkkas act like they like it, and racist crakkkas like it. Only the upper-level racist crakkkas will be left to hate it.

Excellent strategy on their part.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont care.... if Im in his position im doing the same thing... my son gonna be in all my movies....
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

The ? is this ? ? ?! I lost mu got dayuum appetite!

Yessum Boss I's a ? cook!

Oscar worthy damnit just ? great!
  • geechiedanbuford214
    geechiedanbuford214 Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Bottom line movie is garbage he is really trying to give his son some shine and bring more money inton the household. I know he is pretty much set but when you're accustomed to a certain kindve lifestyle well yall can finish the rest
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watched it.....when the blu ray drops....i wont be pickin it up