Options
    jayz always sounds like hes crying when he talks lol

Is that some Brooklyn ? ? ?

To all my NY cats?

nah lmao
  • CALI KUSH
    CALI KUSH Members Posts: 196
    Options
    mediocre ass album if anything.. if it was another rapper that put this album out, same lyrics same everything..? would be saying it was wack specially jayz ? riders. But since its hova yall ? are quick to lable it a classic or great..smh
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Go head and lean on that ? blue ...you own it"

...........deep
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    "Son sayin “I dont pop molly…I rock Tom Ford” like those two things is related n ? … ? is like if somebody offer you a glass of water n you like NAH I ALREADY READ A BOOK."

LMAO I thought something similar when first hearing the song

Song could have been so much better but he was lazy.

my sentiment exactly.. my least fav song on the album.. but i guess he was like hell, ? in paris had no real basis so ? it..lets look for something similar
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Jay really said "Please Please let this guy go away"

Damn Jay really saw Nas as a threat
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Production on this album is good through out. Jay is coasting on some tracks. But overall it's a good album. Tom Ford is a banger to me. Some songs don't have to make sense it's just a feel thing.

Favorite track is probably Picasso Baby. Weakest track is La Familia.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay really be having ? in their feelings.

meanwhile in the real world this ? about to do 1.5 mil in a week

jay-z-laugh-o.gif
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't listened to it yet, so what should I expect?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I haven't listened to this album yet I was going to pick it up later .
  • usmarin3
    Options
    jono wrote: »

I suggest you go out to a club or party where normal people hang and soak up the music. Don't listen to these rap ? on here. Test it in the whip too!
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z in his own words:

"Right now i have it at #4, but ya know, its fresh, so that can change."

You can take that to mean it can go UP and pass RD, BP, and BA (he's not stupid)

Or it means even he admits once the newness wears off, he'll come down to earth. Just like I've been sayin.
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This album is 5th on my list.. behind tba and AG.. yes I like AG better than tba..
  • jono
    Options
    I'm about halfway through it and I think it's cool. Definitely a little awkward at times but he still got it.

Tom Ford and Fuckwitme are instant replay joints. I'm gonna listen to it a few more times before I make a complete judgment but certainly better than Yeezus and Born Sinner thus far.
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Album ain't better than Vol 1 or AG

MCHG is easily than both those albums. MCHG has no bad songs on it imo, Vol 1 clearly has three (Sunshine, What girls like and Face off) and American Gangster is dope, it lacks the entertainment and balance than MCHG has.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    American Gangster to me is his best album post-'retirement' .. And I still think its a good and not a great album

Nice smooth beats, crafty bars/rhymes and the theme/concepts with the film of the same name ..

That's the thing with Jay though, he kinda always makes you go back to appreciate his old stuff when the new music is lacking

I don't need to listen to an album more than once to "feel" it. ..

I've just saved 3 or 4 songs from MCHG - the rest have been recycled
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    American Gangster to me is his best album post-'retirement' .. And I still think its a good and not a great album

Nice smooth beats, crafty bars/rhymes and the theme/concepts with the film of the same name ..

That's the thing with Jay though, he kinda always makes you go back to appreciate his old stuff when the new music is lacking

albums I didn't "feel" on the first listen

late registration
    reasonable doubt
    the chronic
    aquemeni
    illmatic

not comparing MCHG to these albums but everybody is different. every listener doesn't fully grasp the album on first listen so I don't give people flack for listening to albums multiple times before giving a final verdict
  • Clark Griswald
    Clark Griswald Members Posts: 46
    Options
    Ruthless my style as a juvenile ran wit a gang slanged in the meanwhile bankinbi specialized in gankin whites mexicans brothas and others
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

albums I didn't "feel" on the first listen

late registration
    reasonable doubt
    the chronic
    aquemeni
    illmatic

I listened to that ? ONE time when I copped it and I knew it was a classic .. With a blunt of course
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Another thing with Jay-z albums is ? always overreact and don't let his ? soak in. To me rappers like Jay and Lupe takes some time to get the subtle ? they say because they layer their albums with so much below the surface ? .
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Album ain't better than Vol 1 or AG

MCHG is easily than both those albums. MCHG has no bad songs on it imo, Vol 1 clearly has three (Sunshine, What girls like and Face off) and American Gangster is dope, it lacks the entertainment and balance than MCHG has.

Entertainment don't stick as much long term. Its just prisoner of the moment talk

I can bet money in 3,4 months i won't be listening to many of these songs. And not b/c their bad songs, but b/c once the thrill wears off, and there's no real lyrical depth to go back and 'vibe ' to....you gon be onto the next one. For example, when was the last time you proactively searchd and just HAD to listen to...On To the Next oNe?

On the flipside, I'll pop in Sweet, No Hook, Lucky Me, Imaginary Player, You must Love me, etc all the time just to listen to the deep ? he was sayin. This album doesnt have that as much, not even close.
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Another thing with Jay-z albums is ? always overreact and don't let his ? soak in. To me rappers like Jay and Lupe takes some time to get the subtle ? they say because they layer their albums with so much below the surface ? .

Cmon man, you know beter than to lump old jay z albums with the new. He is not as layered lyrically as he used to be.
  • jono
    Options
    There's only bout 3-4 tracks that are dope from jump in here. I'll listen again soon.

I'm not really feeling the beat selection, this ? sound a little like It and Yeezus were recorded around the same time but Hov put a little more effort