Jay-Z - 'Magna Carta Holy Grail'

Options

Comments

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

3. Conversation between Memphis "Still One Shot Away" Bleek and J.Cole when they listened to MCHG for the first time while co-babysitting Blue Ivy:

B: You know I changed my name now.
    J: Oh yeah, what is it?
    B: Memphis Basquiat. I figured that way Jay would let me spit a adlib or sum on the album.
    J: And what he say?
    B: He was like "Nah."
    J: I know the feel bro.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ross got a wack verse though, but the fact that it's different from all his usual ? makes it strangely refreshing
  • verbal juke
    verbal juke Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay was supposed to let Belafonte's comments rock?

Why not? How many other individuals have said something about Jay Z and he let them rock or he throws some subliminal at? All of a sudden he picks the Black statesman to attack... Jay Z was on some Eminem ish right there...

• CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why not? How many other individuals have said something about Jay Z and he let them rock or he throws some subliminal at? All of a sudden he picks the Black statesman to attack... Jay Z was on some Eminem ish right there...

So if he doesn't attack everyone, he shouldn't attack anyone, that's what we're going with?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »

So if he doesn't attack everyone, he shouldn't attack anyone, that's what we're going with?

he was real aggressive towards Deshawn Stephenson and Harry tho... it is what it is but I dont agree with calling a older pioneer like Harry a boy.... that was wrong
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

he was real aggressive towards Deshawn Stephenson and Harry tho... it is what it is but I dont agree with calling a older pioneer like Harry a boy.... that was wrong

You don't agree with anything Hov does apparently, so I'm not surprised.
  • verbal juke
    verbal juke Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

What I saying is be consistent. Out of all these people who speak on Jay Z, he decides to go after an elder. Not on some subliminal ? but call him out by name and then proceed to call the man a Boy. Taking into account this man lived in an era where white men would use such an word to describe a grown ass man. ? outta here... All these muthafuckas saying his name and he going at Harry Belefonte... It's disgusting. Like I said he was on some Em ? with that one... Em good at calling out Mariah, and the rest of the pop individuals and Jay is following suit. He does not have to call out everybody and he does not have to let everything slide, I just find it ironic that he choose to address Black man who is documented as doer for the community in such a manner.

Cant call me a Jay Z hater, check my post, I like the album but some of you cats love for this dude is unconditional... smh

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    American Gangster to me is his best album post-'retirement' .. And I still think its a good and not a great album

Nice smooth beats, crafty bars/rhymes and the theme/concepts with the film of the same name ..

That's the thing with Jay though, he kinda always makes you go back to appreciate his old stuff when the new music is lacking

I don't need to listen to an album more than once to "feel" it. ..

I've just saved 3 or 4 songs from MCHG - the rest have been recycled
    Which ones?

Tracks:

• Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Picasso, FUTW, Somewhere in America, Heaven, BBC, Jay Z Blue

^^^ Dope/good tracks from MCHG
    Then again, I only liked the lyrical part of BBC
    Not really blown away by Jay's new album at all

The song with Justin Timberlake could be good, skipped it anyway after ten seconds
    Not a Frank Ocean fan, so skip skip it was. To finish of with the most skip-able artist...Rick Ross

Expected a little bit more from Jay
    But that's just IMO. it could be great to others

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

You don't agree with anything Hov does apparently, so I'm not surprised.

im just saying... he called a older establish black man a boy cuz of a difference of opinion... not cool but Game can be real disrespectful... take 2 years to answer Wayne... Im just saying
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas would've killed that FuckwithmeyouknowIgotit
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kellmill wrote: »

Nas don't got the type of flow to ride that beat, that's one of them beats you need a rapid fire flow or Ross type flow to ride.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Album ain't better than Vol 1 or AG

MCHG is easily than both those albums. MCHG has no bad songs on it imo, Vol 1 clearly has three (Sunshine, What girls like and Face off) and American Gangster is dope, it lacks the entertainment and balance than MCHG has.

Sunshine and what girls like are duds but the songs that were good on the album >

Tom Ford is embarrassing, La Familia is embarrassing. Part II i can do without, Holy grail same. I listened to it straight for a week. Maybe I'll feel
    Different in a few more rotations. The best on the album can't ? with a million and one questions, you must love me, where I'm from, imaginary player, lucky me. Maybe it's the when I was younger syndrome I dunno

LOL at Tom Ford, La Familia, and Part 2 being embarrassing, yeah if you lived in your moms basement, hang out in 5% centers and read the quaran all day. Go holler at a ? and go to the club and party sometime and tell me the same ? .

I swear to ? some of you ? live like hermits, go out sometimes and see what the rest of ''normal'' society lives like. Yall chilling in your crib burning incense and listening to Immortal Technique and Public Enemy albums.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

MCHG is easily than both those albums. MCHG has no bad songs on it imo, Vol 1 clearly has three (Sunshine, What girls like and Face off) and American Gangster is dope, it lacks the entertainment and balance than MCHG has.

Sunshine and what girls like are duds but the songs that were good on the album >

Tom Ford is embarrassing, La Familia is embarrassing. Part II i can do without, Holy grail same. I listened to it straight for a week. Maybe I'll feel
    Different in a few more rotations. The best on the album can't ? with a million and one questions, you must love me, where I'm from, imaginary player, lucky me. Maybe it's the when I was younger syndrome I dunno

LOL at Tom Ford, La Familia, and Part 2 being embarrassing, yeah if you lived in your moms basement, hang out in 5% centers and read the quaran all day. Go holler at a ? and go to the club and party sometime and tell me the same ? .

I swear to ? some of you ? live like hermits, go out sometimes and see what the rest of ''normal'' society lives like. Yall chilling in your crib burning incense and listening to Immortal Technique and Public Enemy albums.

Andre 3000: I'm just being...honest. Id swear you look like Roxy Reynolds the way you ? ride. No Pause.

You're acting like I'm saying jay ain't a legend or 2chainz >. This album ain't even jordan on the wizards, it's Jordan practicing with the Bobcats
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yall chilling in your crib burning incense and listening to Immortal Technique and Public Enemy albums.

LOL

This ? .. .
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordan practicing for the bobcats lmao
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It not that serious..
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas can ride any beat ?

Frank killed that ocean hook
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »

It not that serious..

He's obviously butt hurt cuz I said one bad thing and Tata wanted to bring out the pepper spray
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Nas and Jay collab wasn't what I was expecting. Nas should've been on Picasso Baby he would've murdered that ? .
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? , shut up.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @rip.dilla.

This ? just spew ? .

I liked WTT and MCHG but he acts like it can't be criticize.
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    @rip.dilla.

This ? just spew ? .

I liked WTT and MCHG but he acts like it can't be criticize.

I liked WTT, went to the concert too, [you see that Marine], WTT >.
    I read WTT II is happening this year.
  • Infamous.H_G_C
    Infamous.H_G_C Members Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kellmill wrote: »

Nas don't got the type of flow to ride that beat, that's one of them beats you need a rapid fire flow or Ross type flow to ride.

Nah Nas woulda killed that beat! Reminds me of the "Show Discipline" joint him and Jadakiss murdered!