The Official 2013-2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    As much as i like maynor signing, i knew the wizards should have waited it out for better options.....Ridnour would have been perfect in the system as a backup to wall and probably would have got him for a bargain.......but its good to see they pretty much solid at all positions....the big question is health at this point...

nick young and wes johnson will eat in dantoni's system
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Wes Johnson smh damn shame he neva reached his potential i thought he would be good comin outta Syracuse
    Just got another young wing for the vets, Wes Johnson I remember dude beasting at Syracuse was a top 5 pick just a couple years ago...,I think we are on to something here, not a glamorous pickup but can be a steal for us ESP if he can start over Nick Young at 3... I'd personally like Nick to be our 6th man like a Jamal Crawford type

lmao da ? ? 1st off Nick Young aint a small forward nd he should start til Kobe comes back he's da only one on da roster outside of Pau who can create his own shot. Wes Johnson is waste management dis is his 3rd team in like 4 years Laker fans are outrageous or they trynna be like me nd find some type of optimism on a weak roster lls
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is absolutely nothing positive about being a top 5 pick on your 3rd team in 4 years
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    On the flip side cast offs seem to find their groove with the Lakers. Shannon Brown, Jordan Hill and Earl Clark. Maybe Wes Johnson can turn his career around with the Lakers.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This board must of all been sodomized by a man with a lakers jersey on, the hate is pathetic...? DONT be mad ya franchises ain't ? besides a few spurts here and there.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is absolutely nothing positive about being a top 5 pick on your 3rd team in 4 years
    search?q=thomas+robinson&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=AxbjUbqyMcn-qAGoj4DACQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=640&bih=287#biv=i%7C15%3Bd%7Cow1m8L_c5BOfMM%3A
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Track that Dwight made in HS

Slow day in the NBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqw7cUoVnyk
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This board must of all been sodomized by a man with a lakers jersey on, the hate is pathetic...? DONT be mad ya franchises ain't ? besides a few spurts here and there.

Lmao look at all the feelings catchers hahahahahah a pathetic
  • thagame
    thagame Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    On the flip side cast offs seem to find their groove with the Lakers. Shannon Brown, Jordan Hill and Earl Clark. Maybe Wes Johnson can turn his career around with the Lakers.

I mean dude came out of college as a 4 year player at Syracuse was like 23. He is an older 3 year player. His main problem is he can't shoot consistent and doesn't do anything else well enough to get minutes. This is his 3rd year but his first time shooting above 40%. The Suns were giving him minutes towards the end of the year he started to do ok. I think if he doesn't improve his jump shot he will be out of the league or lucky to be on a roster. He is an athletic wing that the Lakers haven't had since Shannon Brown. Maybe Nash can set him up for a couple easy baskets his jumpshot is holding him back.

Lakers looking weak to start the season off with

PG Nash/ Blake
    SG Meeks/Young
    SF Johnson/Ebanks
    PF Gasol/ Hill
    C Kaman/Sacre
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Slow day in the NBA

this ? said bust in my face like my name is keenan
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thagame wrote: »

PG Nash/ Blake
    SG Meeks/Young
    SF Johnson/Ebanks
    PF Gasol/ Hill
    C Kaman/Sacre

tumblr_lqx4gaXBVI1qmwmu8.gif

gotdamn lmao
  • Beta
    Options

I mean dude came out of college as a 4 year player at Syracuse was like 23. He is an older 3 year player. His main problem is he can't shoot consistent and doesn't do anything else well enough to get minutes. This is his 3rd year but his first time shooting above 40%. The Suns were giving him minutes towards the end of the year he started to do ok. I think if he doesn't improve his jump shot he will be out of the league or lucky to be on a roster. He is an athletic wing that the Lakers haven't had since Shannon Brown. Maybe Nash can set him up for a couple easy baskets his jumpshot is holding him back.

PG Nash/ Blake
    SG Meeks/Young
    SF Johnson/Ebanks
    PF Gasol/ Hill
    C Kaman/Sacre

This season gonna make nash hang it up lol

This team gonna be even worse on D than last years
  • thagame
    thagame Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Options

PG Nash/ Blake
    SG Meeks/Young
    SF Johnson/Ebanks
    PF Gasol/ Hill
    C Kaman/Sacre

This season gonna make nash hang it up lol

This team gonna be even worse on D than last years

I can't blame him that squad even if you put Kobe on there not looking too good. If he gets injured before All-Star break he hanging them up.
  • Beta
    Options
    Will be interesting to see who between the Cavs,wizards,bucks, and pistons make the playoffs

Heat
    Bulls
    Nets
    Pacers
    Hawks
    Knicks are all pretty much a lock

Actually I'll say right now that the bucks aint makin it. I wish I could say the raptors have a chance but..
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will be interesting to see who between the Cavs,wizards,bucks, and pistons make the playoffs

Heat
    Bulls
    Nets
    Pacers
    Hawks

Actually I'll say right now that the bucks aint makin it. I wish I could say the raptors have a chance but..
    damn you think the knicks will have a worst record than the hawks?? or is that list in no order?
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Slow day in the NBA

ATL y'all can go ahead and officially disown this ? .

This ? make Shenco and Nolte seem mediocre.
  • Beta
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

Heat
    Bulls
    Nets
    Pacers
    Hawks

damn you think the knicks will have a worst record than the hawks?? or is that list in no order?

Nah its in no order but I doubt the knicks are any higher than a 5th seed especially if amare is starting games
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tony Snell went to high school wit kahwi leonard that's his boy they both 6'7 and can defend.Snell got range tho he can shoot

Bulls gonna be a problem in the future wit butler and snell both 6'7 pit bulls on the perimeter.I doubt he plays much this year only in blowouts cuz thibs hardly plays rookies.Snell has potential to be very similar to kahwi leonard for us
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those Laker fans hype about all their wack signings to hide the fact they about to have a pathetic season

Bet all your iced honey bun money we bust y'all ass every game we play y'all this season?
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDB wrote: »

Slow day in the NBA

ATL y'all can go ahead and officially disown this ? .

This ? make Shenco and Nolte seem mediocre.

That happened like 4 years ago.

We tried to give him a chance this offseason but it didn't work out
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tony Snell went to high school wit kahwi leonard that's his boy they both 6'7 and can defend.Snell got range tho he can shoot

Bulls gonna be a problem in the future wit butler and snell both 6'7 pit bulls on the perimeter.I doubt he plays much this year only in blowouts cuz thibs hardly plays rookies.Snell has potentialities to be very similar to kahwi leonard for us

? please y'all better get a free agent next year or keep running that regular season marathon and getting wiped out early in the post season gauntlet.

But I am a laker head and if it doesn't get better quick we need to go ahead and tank ? a 7 8 seed.

• Beta
    Options
    Lakers should tank and get a kobe replacement if they were smart
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bulls gonna be a problem in the future wit butler and snell both 6'7 pit bulls on the perimeter.I doubt he plays much this year only in blowouts cuz thibs hardly plays rookies.Snell has potentialities to be very similar to kahwi leonard for us

? please y'all better get a free agent next year or keep running that regular season marathon and getting wiped out early in the post season gauntlet.

But I am a laker head and if it doesn't get better quick we need to go ahead and tank ? a 7 8 seed.

Nah YOU better get multiple free agents next year.Lakers are trash have no picks,have washed players and a 35 year old kobe as key pieces

Bulls have a core of under 30 players(noah,rose,butler,snell,teague)will have DIRK mirotic next year and cap space and we'll get lamarcus A eventually

Future lookin mighty bright dun