Nelly on ESPN First Take speaking on Kobe & Dwight

Options

Comments

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jayhi22 wrote: »
    d.green wrote: »
    They asked what he thought about D12 going to Houston. Nelly asked who wants to play with Kobe Bryant?

He said he doesn't think Kobe really wanted Phil Jackson to come back because he wants to show he can win a ring without PJ.

He said everyone wants to sweep 2006 under rug vs Phoenix

He said Kobe has never been blamed for anything or held responsible. Called him LA's spoiled child

Said Kobe unfollowing Dwight on Twitter was wack and said Kobe follows Mark Cuban though.

He said the boy can ball but he's never made anyone better.

Said Kobe's had the best 3 centers/big men in the last 15 years

Nelly said no FAs want to play with Kobe. Players taking paycuts to go play with LBJ

Stephen A Smith stay kissing Kobe ass though. When SAS started caping for Kobe...Nelly was like "see there...that's what i'm talking about, right there".
    LOL

All of this straight truth? Lmao.

Kobe wanted D'Antoni over Phil? C'mon Son

Any bad habits or qualities go away after you win. It happens with any Star athlete... Ask LeBron

Who are these 3 best C/"Big Men" in the last 15 years? Shaq because he was the best. Is he referring to Dwight (who was the best C by Default)? Is he referring to a Pau Gasol who ALL OF A SUDDEN was "the best & most skilled" big man in the league as soon as he got to LA? He's just going to gloss over Duncan or KG or even Dirk?

Nobody wants to play with Kobe? I'm sure damn near everybody in the league would want to play with Kobe. We do remember the Larry Bird quote? Or how about the fact that nobody wanted to play with Lebron in Cleveland? Or that no vets wanted to take the veteran minimum to play in Miami this year?

The Lakers won with cats who aren't even in the league anymore, but he can't make players better? I will agree that this characteristic is more "when he wants to" though.

That Twitter ? is corny especially if they were legit friends before Dwight was on LA. If they weren't, why everybody gossiping about it on some high school female ? ? Talking about it is even more corny than the act itself.

@ the bold, those players dont fit into their agenda. These same people praising Gasol will be the first ones to call him Gasoft.

Like I said before, 70% of the league would want to play with Kobe.

If Kobe and Dwight weren't real friends like that, who cares if he stopped following him? LoL @ people feeling ways about that.

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That was the realest guest appearance on that show
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ive asked dis before in here nd Kobe fans in here got emotional, which players has Kobe made betta? which wing players have stayed a long period of time nd thanked Kobe for workin wit em after practice or teachin em how to be professionals? its WIDELY reported Kobe didnt even talk to his teammates in da locker room Smush Parker sayin Kobe would sit at a separate table wit security at team dinners should explain it all
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe won a championship with Luke Walton Sasha vujacic josh Powell Jordan farmer Trevor Ariza Shannon brown...those guys career stats all added up and combined DONT equal Kobe's alone.

Never made anyone better you say....?

Nelly emotional that Kobe punked his friend Dwight....

And Kobe was blamed more than any other superstar ever for his teams failures and it took 14 years in the league before people actually gave him credit for the wins.

"This is what it sounded it like......when trolls die."
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No star wants to play with him?

Word Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Steve Nash, Antwan Jamison, Ron artest visiting him in the shower to profess his undying need to play with him....?

Word?

"This is what it sounds like....
    When trolls die."
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    ive asked dis before in here nd Kobe fans in here got emotional, which players has Kobe made betta? which wing players have stayed a long period of time nd thanked Kobe for workin wit em after practice or teachin em how to be professionals? its WIDELY reported Kobe didnt even talk to his teammates in da locker room Smush Parker sayin Kobe would sit at a separate table wit security at team dinners should explain it all

You're talking "directly" like what Hakeem & them get paid to do with some of these players. Kobe (just like any Star player) makes his teammates better just by being on the floor. The Star players being on the floor, allow the other players to focus more on what they do best.

As far as tutoring players, he sounds more like a Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers type thing where it's "Watch & Learn" kind of stuff, especially with Kobe being what, 35?
  • BlackAX410
    Options

You're talking "directly" like what Hakeem & them get paid to do with some of these players. Kobe (just like any Star player) makes his teammates better just by being on the floor. The Star players being on the floor, allow the other players to focus more on what they do best.

As far as tutoring players, he sounds more like a Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers type thing where it's "Watch & Learn" kind of stuff, especially with Kobe being what, 35?

i mean like how KG & Pierce would stay after practice to work wit rookies on their post games, im talkin about how KG would buy rookies suits even guys who didnt make da team, im talkin bout how KG would invite da team to his house for BBQ's. when they got traded to da Nets almost every guy on our current roster said they were thankful dat KG & Pierce cared so much, nd instilled confidence in their games Kobe is one of da GOAT's nobody is disputing dat but to say he's a great leader or teammate? nah miss me wit dat
  • northside7
    Options

Kobe is antisocial. Many people are.

lol @ the bold. Check the above. If they don't want to do it, what is he suppose to do? Hold their hands and teach them?

That's good but you can also get off your ass and do it yourself. These are other men with kobe, not young children.

• blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options

The only players that literally make players better is a star PG... Lebron doesn't even make players better.. He didnt make nobody better in Cleveland and if you say he made anybody better on the heat (who are all established vets besides Cole) you're an idiot... @ the bold Fisher played with kobe for over 10 seasons and Shaq played with kobe for 8 seasons and Gasol has been there since 08 and odds are finish his career there.... And lol @ that Smush Parker story, yea kobe doesn't hang with teammates like that but he for damn sho not gon hang with no scrub like Smush, players as trash as him kobe treats like losers
  • jayhi22
    Options

i mean like how KG & Pierce would stay after practice to work wit rookies on their post games, im talkin about how KG would buy rookies suits even guys who didnt make da team, im talkin bout how KG would invite da team to his house for BBQ's. when they got traded to da Nets almost every guy on our current roster said they were thankful dat KG & Pierce cared so much, nd instilled confidence in their games Kobe is one of da GOAT's nobody is disputing dat but to say he's a great leader or teammate? nah miss me wit dat

My dude.. Buying suits or having BBQs doesn't mean you're making your teammates better. Those are chemistry things.

We are talking straight on the court stuff. Kobe reminds me of Bonds in the early 2000s. Everybody thought they were bad teammates and didn't tutor the other players, but when Bonds was out the game, that's when you heard guys coming out and saying that Bonds taught them a lot about the game.

They go about Leading/Helping in a different way. I've heard plenty of times where Pau or whoever on LA got those talks of confidence from Kobe. We just don't hear it.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »

The only players that literally make players better is a star PG... Lebron doesn't even make players better.. He didnt make nobody better in Cleveland and if you say he made anybody better on the heat (who are all established vets besides Cole) you're an idiot... @ the bold Fisher played with kobe for over 10 seasons and Shaq played with kobe for 8 seasons and Gasol has been there since 08 and odds are finish his career there.... And lol @ that Smush Parker story, yea kobe doesn't hang with teammates like that but he for damn sho not gon hang with no scrub like Smush, players as trash as him kobe treats like losers

Mo Williams count or nah? wat about Drew Gooden? but Smush did average 13ppg for da Lakers he wasnt as bad as a lot of Laker fans try to paint him its just he didnt like Kobe nd whoeva is in dat category gets ? on blindly. how many draft picks stayed for a period of time under his wing?
  • BlackAX410
    Options

My dude.. Buying suits or having BBQs doesn't mean you're making your teammates better. Those are chemistry things.

We are talking straight on the court stuff. Kobe reminds me of Bonds in the early 2000s. Everybody thought they were bad teammates and didn't tutor the other players, but when Bonds was out the game, that's when you heard guys coming out and saying that Bonds taught them a lot about the game.

They go about Leading/Helping in a different way. I've heard plenty of times where Pau or whoever on LA got those talks of confidence from Kobe. We just don't hear it.

my opinion still stands he's said nd done things dat leaders aint posed to do its wateva tho i see im outnumbered in dis thread lls
  • jayhi22
    Options

my opinion still stands he's said nd done things dat leaders aint posed to do its wateva tho i see im outnumbered in dis thread lls

It sounds like your opinion is of a different subject though. We're not talking "good teammate" or "leader" or someone who brings his teammates closer on some Kumbaya ? , we're talking "making guys better on the court."

There's a difference.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options

Word Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Steve Nash, Antwan Jamison, Ron artest visiting him in the shower to profess his undying need to play with him....?

Word?

When trolls die."

I think Malone and Payton near the end of their careers went to play with the Shaq & Kobe tandem...not Kobe.
  • blu197
    edited July 2013
    Options

Mo Williams count or nah? wat about Drew Gooden? but Smush did average 13ppg for da Lakers he wasnt as bad as a lot of Laker fans try to paint him its just he didnt like Kobe nd whoeva is in dat category gets ? on blindly. how many draft picks stayed for a period of time under his wing?

Draft picks with the lakers dont even make the team and if they do they are 3rd string bench so how can kobe possibly take a draft pick "under his wing"?...but to answer Bynum was drafted in 05 and stayed till '12 that's a "period of time"...... And if Bron made Mo or Drew better why aren't they relevant?? B/c he didn't make them better they still suck ass, ppl just knew about them b/c they played with Bron and if they had a 20pt game at most Bron got the credit... And did you just say Smush wasn't as bad?? Lmaoo where just lookin at the stat sheet and not wacthin games make you look stupid, Kwame brown avg 10 and 7 before i guess he isn't as bad either smh
  • northside7
    Options

Word?

When trolls die."

I think Malone and Payton near the end of their careers went to play with the Shaq & Kobe tandem...not Kobe.

You think? it's either yes or no.
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Draft picks with the lakers dont even make the team and if they do they are 3rd string bench so how can kobe possibly take a draft pick "under his wing"?...but to answer Bynum was drafted in 05 and stayed till '12 that's a "period of time"...... And if Bron made Mo or Drew better why aren't they relevant?? B/c he didn't make them better they still suck ass, ppl just knew about them b/c they played with Bron and if they had a 20pt game at most Bron got the credit... And did you just say Smush wasn't as bad?? Lmaoo where just lookin at the stat sheet and not wacthin games make you look stupid, Kwame brown avg 10 and 7 before i guess he isn't as bad either smh

Smush wasnt a scrub dude was da 2nd leadin scorer on dat squad if im not mistaken. ur not understanding Gooden nd Mo's stats were elevated WHILE playin wit Bron, i'll give u Ariza but i still wouldnt call Kobe a good teammate
  • blu197
    Options

Smush wasnt a scrub dude was da 2nd leadin scorer on dat squad if im not mistaken. ur not understanding Gooden nd Mo's stats were elevated WHILE playin wit Bron, i'll give u Ariza but i still wouldnt call Kobe a good teammate

If Smush wasn't a scrub he would still be in the league, dudes been out the league since like 08 and even tho he was the 2nd leading scorer on that team (which i don't believe but ill take yo word) everyone knows Odom was hands down the 2nd best on the team and Walton,Vujacic even Kwame was more valuable than him
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You clearly dont know what the hell you are talking about.. Mo Williams as a buck was a baller.. and averaged about 6 assist a game when he more ball handling/pg duties..
  • jayhi22
    Options
    They asked what he thought about D12 going to Houston. Nelly asked who wants to play with Kobe Bryant?

He said he doesn't think Kobe really wanted Phil Jackson to come back because he wants to show he can win a ring without PJ.

He said everyone wants to sweep 2006 under rug vs Phoenix

He said Kobe has never been blamed for anything or held responsible. Called him LA's spoiled child

Said Kobe unfollowing Dwight on Twitter was wack and said Kobe follows Mark Cuban though.

He said the boy can ball but he's never made anyone better.

Said Kobe's had the best 3 centers/big men in the last 15 years

Nelly said no FAs want to play with Kobe. Players taking paycuts to go play with LBJ

Stephen A Smith stay kissing Kobe ass though. When SAS started caping for Kobe...Nelly was like "see there...that's what i'm talking about, right there".
    LOL

All of this straight truth? Lmao.

Kobe wanted D'Antoni over Phil? C'mon Son

Any bad habits or qualities go away after you win. It happens with any Star athlete... Ask LeBron

Who are these 3 best C/"Big Men" in the last 15 years? Shaq because he was the best. Is he referring to Dwight (who was the best C by Default)? Is he referring to a Pau Gasol who ALL OF A SUDDEN was "the best & most skilled" big man in the league as soon as he got to LA? He's just going to gloss over Duncan or KG or even Dirk?

Nobody wants to play with Kobe? I'm sure damn near everybody in the league would want to play with Kobe. We do remember the Larry Bird quote? Or how about the fact that nobody wanted to play with Lebron in Cleveland? Or that no vets wanted to take the veteran minimum to play in Miami this year?

The Lakers won with cats who aren't even in the league anymore, but he can't make players better? I will agree that this characteristic is more "when he wants to" though.

That Twitter ? is corny especially if they were legit friends before Dwight was on LA. If they weren't, why everybody gossiping about it on some high school female ? ? Talking about it is even more corny than the act itself.

2s81jig.gif

Lmao Groupies flying to to the rescue.I already knew people would get emotional about nellys opinion cuz the truth hurts

Because "Opinion" & "Truth" mean that same thing.

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your "opinions and truths" are no different than nellys.Saying "I'm sure damn near everybody in the league would want to play with Kobe" is YOUR opinion we saw dwight didn't which is a fact

Go head and cape it's funny watching you people act like females
  • northside7
    Options
    Your "opinions and truths" are no different than nellys.Saying "I'm sure damn near everybody in the league would want to play with Kobe" is YOUR opinion we saw dwight didn't which is a fact

Go head and cape it's funny watching you people act like females

The bold is a true description of yourself on the IC.

Carry on.
  • blu197
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

Kobe is antisocial. Many people are.

lol @ the bold. Check the above. If they don't want to do it, what is he suppose to do? Hold their hands and teach them?

That's good but you can also get off your ass and do it yourself. These are other men with kobe, not young children.

C/s this ? axel want kobe to be a father to these grown ? .. Smh
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He right tho what makes u opinion better or more fact than nellys?