Deathrow vs Bad Boy

Options

Comments

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bad Boy Records
    willhustle wrote: »
    Nobody was ? with Deathrow in it's prime not even Bad Boy and they had Biggie, Puff, Total, Faith Evans, Craig Mack, & 112. Now that I think about it this ? ain't even fair b/c it wasn't even a contest to begin with if you look at Death Row's roster. Biggie was a big success in Bad Boy pumping out mufti-platinum artists in the 90's.

If Death Row didn't fold due to Pac's death & dysfunctional ? within the company I think they still would had been on top for another decade. I'm glad DMX came through and destroyed the shinny suit era (which was 9-10 months).

Look, I voted for Bad Boy and I agree that nobody was ? with Death Row from the time The Chronic came out, until ? came out. That was a 2 year span. New York had been running Hip Hop for 15+ years prior and needed to take a break.

You say "Nobody was ? with Deathrow in it's prime not even Bad Boy and they had Biggie, Puff, Total, Faith Evans, Craig Mack, & 112." but that doesn't make sense. The artists you listed didn't come out until 94/95. So its agreed that Death Row was running things from 92/3. But around 95 Bad Boy started to take over and outsold Death Row from 95 onwards. Bad Boy is still in the business of signing artists and releasing their records. The same can't be said for Death Row. But I agree, Death Row had a good 4 year run from 92-96.

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    MR Josh wrote: »
    it depends on when you actually think their prime was,if you saying 92/94 you 100% right nobody could touch deathrow records at the time but 95 an beyond? badboy was already becoming a power house positioned to take over.thats why suge got jealous and gassed pac to destroy badboy but unfortunately that dumb decision ended up destroying pac,deathrow and Suge himself!

The Deathrow and bad boy beef started when one of puff's homies killed one of Suge's homies. Them ? was actually cool before that.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    5 Grand wrote: »
    willhustle wrote: »
    Nobody was ? with Deathrow in it's prime not even Bad Boy and they had Biggie, Puff, Total, Faith Evans, Craig Mack, & 112. Now that I think about it this ? ain't even fair b/c it wasn't even a contest to begin with if you look at Death Row's roster. Biggie was a big success in Bad Boy pumping out mufti-platinum artists in the 90's.

If Death Row didn't fold due to Pac's death & dysfunctional ? within the company I think they still would had been on top for another decade. I'm glad DMX came through and destroyed the shinny suit era (which was 9-10 months).

Look, I voted for Bad Boy and I agree that nobody was ? with Death Row from the time The Chronic came out, until ? came out. That was a 2 year span. New York had been running Hip Hop for 15+ years prior and needed to take a break.

You say "Nobody was ? with Deathrow in it's prime not even Bad Boy and they had Biggie, Puff, Total, Faith Evans, Craig Mack, & 112." but that doesn't make sense. The artists you listed didn't come out until 94/95. So its agreed that Death Row was running things from 92/3. But around 95 Bad Boy started to take over and outsold Death Row from 95 onwards. Bad Boy is still in the business of signing artists and releasing their records. The same can't be said for Death Row. But I agree, Death Row had a good 4 year run from 92-96.

Man GTFOHWTBS...All Diddy does is sign artists to ? contracts and leave artists broke as ? now. If you want to consider Diddy signing ? Money, MGK, & French Montana as relevance then you out you're mind. Look at what happened to all the other artists after Bad Boy went down hill: Young Joc, Black Rob, MJG, The Lox, Loon, G-Dep, Mase. Mase had to make that ? Diddy sign him out his contract.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    Lmao anybody who tried to make a case for death row records got gunned up and clapped quick zipped up in plastic when it happens that's it.This thread aint nothin but a bunch of misinformed biased dickriders

vince-carter-says-its-over-o.gif

Facts>>>>>>>opinions

Get the ? outta here with your fantasy ethers. The poll is sonnin the ? outta al you guys talbout Machine gun kelly keepin the label goin n ? . from 93 to 96 nobody ever ran rap music to the degree Death row had it locked. They were yoking up other labels figuratively and litteraly. Artist was pushing release dates back, they had everybody that did come out tryna do alittle bit of that gangsta and varied G funk, Badboy capitalized off Pac dying in a similar manner that Jay Z capitalized off Big gettin murked. This is what you ? aint understanding, just because somebody kept some ? goin 17 years later after the comp died out dont mean they was hotter than that comp at the time. ? in real life got embarrassing for Bad Boy just like they gettin embarrassed in these polls. Suge Knight went to they backyard before they got on stage and talked etherous ? about Puff at the 95 source awards and what did Bad Boy do about it when Puff gotta chance to respond? thats right....the same thing they did when the row's best artist called out Badboys best artist ON WAX.....they took the high road like ? ass ? in highschool do when bullies is slapping books outta they hands! that what

puff on some

"im the artist that was talked about but im proud of death row"

ol cant we all just get along ass ?
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    Willhusle brought up a great point at the end of his post. Is you ? really proud to be reppin ? that dressed in aluminum foil dancing butchering micheal jackson spin moves? This is why the IC be fulla that ? sometimes. Im seein 3 or 4 or you guys in this thread actin like thats ok wit chall, but yall the same exact ? ( and if i had time id pull past post up) That will be the first ones in a Mobb Deep thread clowning Prodigy callin him a ballerina for dressin up in the MJ gear. Be consistent or dont be surprised when your post gets a buncha nosigns and wacks!
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Lmao anybody who tried to make a case for death row records got gunned up and clapped quick zipped up in plastic when it happens that's it.This thread aint nothin but a bunch of misinformed biased dickriders

Facts>>>>>>>opinions

Get the ? outta here with your fantasy ethers. The poll is sonnin the ? outta al you guys

Stopped reading right here.Facts>>>>>>>>Online polls on trash forums

FACTS: Bad boy is still in business damn near 20 years later,death row is defunct,broke and bankrupt and haven't been musically relevant since the ballerina took them slugs in vegas.Bad boy is worth between 400-500 million and has sold more records,had more platinum records and platinum artists than death row

You can type homotional paragraphs but the numbers don't lie dun.You're done
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    One star player (notorious big) cant beat a dream team (pac, Dre,snoop,kurupt,daz,rage,nate dogg)
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    I look at it like this.......

Big dead, Pac dead.......suge would still beat puffy up
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    DR. JEK wrote: »

Facts>>>>>>>opinions

Get the ? outta here with your fantasy ethers. The poll is sonnin the ? outta al you guys

Stopped reading right here.Facts>>>>>>>>Online polls on trash forums

FACTS: Bad boy is still in business damn near 20 years later,death row is defunct,broke and bankrupt and haven't been musically relevant since the ballerina took them slugs in vegas.Bad boy is worth between 400-500 million and has sold more records,had more platinum records and platinum artists than death row

You can type homotional paragraphs but the numbers don't lie dun.You're done

You gotta feel extra stupid defending guys like Puff who attends ? clubs and wear aluminum foil jumpsuits .....well.....unless of course you can identify with bysexual music moguls.

Anyway...what the ? is all these facts you speak of. A ? in this thread listed all the Badboy album sells. Then a ? in this thread listed Deathrow sells with what looked like more albums that went diamond than bad boy albums. Both had great album sells so you can use that as facts. Only thing Badboy has over tha Row is it lasted longer. Once again longevity dont make you greater or else Puff as a rapper >>>>>>>> Biggie because he still aroumd doin it

see how stupid you Bad Boy ? hole hunters logic sounding

go back to tryna troll Laker fans and gettin moted in cheapseats
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    come on now

You guys cant just shrug off the fact 80 plus percent of the Reason think Death Row had the more dominate squad before they crumbled.Thats not merely some dickriding here or there, thats an overwhelming elephant in the room margin

and thats not even counting the fact Biggie took that historical upset loss to Pac when it came to the wax battles. I'll do yall a favor and not even elaborate on that

• dafamily2012
    dafamily2012 Members Posts: 22
    Options
    Bad Boy Records
    Damn ain't no badboy fans up in here? Deathrow was dope and ? but I ? wit badboy. Biggie, The lox, Mase, Black Rob. I guess I'm the type that ? with lyrics more than anything. Death row got more songs but bad boy got better lyrics.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    Damn ain't no badboy fans up in here? Deathrow was dope and ? but I ? wit badboy. Biggie, The lox, Mase, Black Rob. I guess I'm the type that ? with lyrics more than anything. Death row got more songs but bad boy got better lyrics.

Lmao
    you consider Ma$e and Black Rob some mind blowing lyrical spitters?

ok ive had enough. Ima go head and fall back for awhile. These excuses are getttin more and more blah by the post
  • abgoT
    abgoT Members Posts: 15
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    Death Row just made better music as a whole in my opinion....I can give no ? about any of that sales and reputation ?
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    72 to 17

Deathrow and it really isnt close.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    death row could have been the motown of gangsta rap
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    RaySwift wrote: »
    Maaaaaan. Put it like this:

Deathrow Records

92-Dream-Team-All-12-on-medal-stand.jpg

(Thats 2pac in the middle BTW)

Bad Boy

LeBron+James+Boston+Celtics+v+Cleveland+Cavaliers+DfdC4nNO5Brx.jpg

danm this is on point right here.

And whats funny is if rumor is true Big was gonna leave Bad boys,and if he went and joined Jayz. Then he would be like Lerbon 100%.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Bad Boy Records

The facts are the facts. Death Row was the hotter label between 92-93 because Bad Boy didn't exist. When Bad Boy came out in 94 there was equal competition from 94-97. Afterwards, Bad Boy continued to sign artists and release records that continued to go gold and platinum.

The indisputable fact is that Death Row released The Chronic 2000 which flopped. And I'm not sure if they ever released anything after that.

Last but not least, Bad Boy has sold more records and generated greater profits ever since.

You can be a stan and d!ckride all you want but you can't deny that Bad Boy sold more records. All you need is to go on wikipedia or Riaa.com and you'll see the sales figures. Add em up and Bad Boy wins. No intelligent person would dispute that.
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    @ 5 Grand

Sales ain't everything, or...or you telling me that it's YMCMB >> Bad Boy right now?, lol
    And why should people who voted for the Row be Stan's and/or dickriders?, hypocrite behaviour?
    We talking about Death Row here, you like sales?, they did numbers. They had a legendary line-up
    And I can go on and on, but nah..

• willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    I'm a put it like this and I'm done in here...

The only year that Bad Boy might of had some heat on Death Row was in '95 and a lot of that was b/c of Biggie and some of the R&B acts they had over there like Faith Evans & Total.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow Records

Deathrow Records

Bad Boy

danm this is on point right here.

And whats funny is if rumor is true Big was gonna leave Bad boys,and if he went and joined Jayz. Then he would be like Lerbon 100%.

Naw Big had his own label Undeas Records that he had with Un and that's where Junior M.A.F.I.A. was signed, he did not want Kim and Cease over there with Puff because he knew Puff would have tried to take the credit for them.
    We all know Big developed and wrote for Kim and Cease and he even developed and wrote for Puff punk ass.

Pac had Makaveli Records setup and he told The Outlawz if something happened to him do not sign to Death Row, he developed The Outlawz and he did not want Suge taking the credit, Pac and Big knew the type of dudes they were dealing with and it's no coincidence that before they both died they were set to do their own things and both Suge and Puff tried to say that Makaveli and Undeas was just a branch off from Death Row and Bad Boy when the truth was Makaveli was not going to be under Death Row, Pac was shopping the label around and Big already had Undeas signed to Atlantic Records.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bad Boy Records

Deathrow Records

Bad Boy

LOL @ Death Row being The Dream Team. There were three greats on that team (Dre, Snoop, and Pac). The rest of them were bench players. Aside from them, the rest either put out one successful album (Dogg Pound) or were shelved. Nate Dogg was great, but never released an album on Death Row. Michel'le was a bigger success on Ruthless than she was on Death Row. Danny Boy's biggest records are the ones that he was featured on All Eyez On Me. "Afro Puffs" was the biggest thing Lady of Rage did on Death Row.

At best, Death Row was the '91-'93 Bulls. That's saying a lot, but Dream Team is laughable.
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options

Deathrow Records

Bad Boy

LOL @ Death Row being The Dream Team. There were three greats on that team (Dre, Snoop, and Pac). The rest of them were bench players. Aside from them, the rest either put out one successful album (Dogg Pound) or were shelved. Nate Dogg was great, but never released an album on Death Row. Michel'le was a bigger success on Ruthless than she was on Death Row. Danny Boy's biggest records are the ones that he was featured on All Eyez On Me. "Afro Puffs" was the biggest thing Lady of Rage did on Death Row.

At best, Death Row was the '91-'93 Bulls. That's saying a lot, but Dream Team is laughable.

Did you really take the time and effort to take my post this seriously???? I dont have enough time to find a sports team with the EXACT number of heads, similarities and personalities with a rap labels artists.

I was trying to be funny but have a little bit of accuracy with those pics.

Your a dork.
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    Nate's situation at Death Row around the time he would drop his debut, was pretty ? up
    They had some legal-problems @ the Row ((really?)), that's why G-Funk Classics vol.1&2 ended-up @ Breakaway

But okay, so we gonna act like eehm, Pac had nothing to do with Death Row, nor Nate...and who else?, help me remind
    LMAO @ all the folks tring to discredit the Row for the most silly reasons

I know Bad Boy was a great label, but cmon man, don't act like Death Row was almost nothing
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Bad Boy Records
    @ Weazel Nobody is saying Death Row was "almost nothing". They had a strong run from 92-96. Bad Boy had a strong run from 94-98. Bothy labels had a strong 4 year run. But one of those labels is still around and one of those labels sold more records than the other. Guess which one is the better label?