Is Styles P a legend or nah?

Options
soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
He got that Bust Rhymes syndrome, except Busta is more commercially successful. I'd say he a respected veteran at best.

Comments

• vespesianus
    vespesianus Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Legend? Only to D-Block ? riders...
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Street Vet better than legend.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hes one of them guys. First album was nuts then he kind of never had that same performance.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not even close. He's nice w/ the lyrics & well respected though.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He had/has bars...i still play that a gangster and a gentleman and time is money...

? have too many qualifications to be considered a legend. They want u to be lyrical, conscious, a hood ? , and commercially successful all at the same time...

He a legend in my eyes regardless
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's why everybody can't do this!..
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's a legend to me. Most underrated of the last generation imo. But to each his own. He's a real street ? with real street ? content and real street ? don't buy albums so he was never gonna blow.
    Bet a lot of ? would call Andre 3000 a legend tho even tho he's never had a solo release lol. ? backwards.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    s.free wrote: »
    He's a legend to me. Most underrated of the last generation imo. But to each his own. He's a real street ? with real street ? content and real street ? don't buy albums so he was never gonna blow.
    Bet a lot of ? would call Andre 3000 a legend tho even tho he's never had a solo release lol. ? backwards.

Nah, "real street ? " need to buy retail albums from the artists that they like. Stop making excuses for them. SP the ghost is very talented, but he did nothing game changing like Jigga, Nas, DMX, or even K-Dot. Where is his 5 mic album?

• FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    i swore i did a poll on this.... to me he's a legend just not a GOAT.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Legend no, great rapper yes.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He hasn't had a legendary career but a very solid ad respectable one.

His first two albums are still very relevant and the content hits hard.

I wouldn't compare him to Busta Rhymes though. Busta has a legacy, a very solid one at that. I unfortunately can't say the same for SP.
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »

Nah, "real street ? " need to buy retail albums from the artists that they like. Stop making excuses for them. SP the ghost is very talented, but he did nothing game changing like Jigga, Nas, DMX, or even K-Dot. Where is his 5 mic album?

Or even kdot? Wow.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's not a legend in the rap game but in the streets he has a legend status.....solid ass career tho
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    it's styles p a legend? did you really ask this question?
  • babel
    babel Members Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    Options
    He got that Bust Rhymes syndrome, except Busta is more commercially successful. I'd say he a respected veteran at best.

Exactly what I was going to post
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think legend is a bit too far but he's nice and he's well respected.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Styles is not a Legend himself but the Lox together are Legends in the Game ............Gangster and a Gentlmen still a GOAT Album though IMO
  • monolithic
    monolithic Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Options
    Not quite, I don't know what it is. But Styles never reached that tipping point to me. Having said that, I'm willing to admit that I may not be up on him like I should be. I heard "No One Believes Me" 3 years after it was released, and felt like I had spent that time deprived of some great music... I just seem to come across too many bland songs of his to want to hit up his catalog consistently.

To me he's a Sean P, Ghostface type dude... On the cusp but not quite.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Or even kdot? Wow.

I played his album yesterday from start to finish. Did not get old to me one bit. A lot of Styles ? sounds dated. K-Dot already changed the game and has the music to back it up. SP the Ghost is talented, but like older NY artists, his best material is on mixtapes (aka on deaf ears) and got too caught up with street cred to let his creative juices fly like Nas to drop a classic.

• KingFreeman
    Options

Or even kdot? Wow.

I played his album yesterday from start to finish. Did not get old to me one bit. A lot of Styles ? sounds dated. K-Dot already changed the game and has the music to back it up. SP the Ghost is talented, but like older NY artists, his best material is on mixtapes (aka on deaf ears) and got too caught up with street cred to let his creative juices fly like Nas to drop a classic.

U don't know wtf ur talking about. How has Kendrick changed the game?
    Styles has a classic album and had one of the better releases this year.
    Has nothing to do with creative juices. Hes never dumbed down his ? or looked for cosigns from lady gaga or ? Amy winehouse.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    only in new york