Options

Comments

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    BDB wrote: »
    It hurts ? so much Shawn Corey is the GOAT.

Naw it really doesn't. It's just sad that you ultra herbs cannot fathom some one saying otherwise.

I could fathom it, I made a statement that I was feeling you don't have to agree. You caught feelings and proceeded to name calling lol.

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghostface Killah

Naw it really doesn't. It's just sad that you ultra herbs cannot fathom some one saying otherwise.

I could fathom it, I made a statement that I was feeling you don't have to agree. You caught feelings and proceeded to name calling lol.

Are you serious?

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    Ghost is up there.

He ripped Verbal Intercourse the most, not Nas
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    This ? said Ghostface got the better wordplay, I'm out.

But.... I'll leave this here, first.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTntnTBjOLs

Have you even listened to Ghost's catalog? You're a known Warrior.

I'm not a known "warrior", you're a known idiot, though.
    And I've heard Ghost's ? .
    Its a difference between the spitters and ? like Jay.

Jay rarely gets off into that zone like he did in roc boyz but he's capable of it.

Ghost got whole albums where he's just going In.

Ghost put in a lot of work, we can go track for track and Im sure when Jay runs out of ? we will still be posting ghost tracks.

All that diamond, versace ? he was doing in the late 90s dont even compare to what Ghost was doing lyrically in that same period of time.

Jay is a better entrepreneur and that is all.

What are you talking about?
    Jay dropped RD, Vol.1-3 during the late 90's, lmfao@ That not comparing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ratLKX5fpY
    Damn, you fadin em', Hov.

A bruh.

Ob4cl
    Iron man
    wu-tang forever
    and Supreme Clientele

Vs

RD
    Vol 1-3

Explain...this should be interesting

Supreme Clientele came out in 2000, bruh.
    WU-Tang Forever is a group project, bruh.
    Iron Man and OB4CL are dope though.

And why the ? are you talking about projects, when we're talking about pure rapping.

And finally, Jay was going bar for bar with BIG, but he wouldn't have been able to go bar for bar with Ghost? Are you ? serious? Lmao.
  • CoolJoe
    Options
    Jay-Z
    Bodying a track doesn't mean you have to be ultra aggressive, that's clearly your own personal interpretation of it, cause Jay's bodied ? while rapping in a smooth manner, e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Issz4hAqmno

Here's something more aggressive
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sogcfbqvsw

Seriously? This is top notch Mcing?

"I got my Mojo back baby o behave" WORD?

Now Blueprint 2 is weak? Lmao....how Jay say it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyTxsTiFFq4
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghostface Killah

Jay rarely gets off into that zone like he did in roc boyz but he's capable of it.

Ghost put in a lot of work, we can go track for track and Im sure when Jay runs out of ? we will still be posting ghost tracks.

All that diamond, versace ? he was doing in the late 90s dont even compare to what Ghost was doing lyrically in that same period of time.

A bruh.

Ob4cl
    Iron man
    wu-tang forever
    and Supreme Clientele

Vs

RD
    Vol 1-3

And why the ? are you talking about projects, when we're talking about pure rapping.

And finally, Jay was going bar for bar with BIG, but he wouldn't have been able to go bar for bar with Ghost? Are you ? serious? Lmao.

Supreme Clientelle dropped Jan.25 2000

vol 3 dropped dec.28 1999

The ? are you on?

Yeah it was a group project but we were comparing what they did in a time period so its all fair game.

Im talking about what was done ON those projects.

Jay was nothing like Big. I hate that comparison.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghostface Killah
    Bodying a track doesn't mean you have to be ultra aggressive, that's clearly your own personal interpretation of it, cause Jay's bodied ? while rapping in a smooth manner, e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Issz4hAqmno

I always thought Blueprint 2 was weak also. That chorus is annoying as ? . Call it hating if you want, but some people simply don't think it's a good song.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghostface Killah
    Cool Joe seems to know a lot about Jay but not much about Ghost. But this the same guy who still thinks D Wade is a top 5 player. Duke is delusional. You weren't able to rebut anything in my post. Originality and emotion don't count for nothing?? I said wordplay can go either way depending on preference but I hope you're not implying Ghost don't have crazy wordplay because if you are then your scope on what wordplay is is extremely narrow.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    Jay does have a weak discography for a GOAT candidate as Vol 2-3, BP2 & 3, Dynasty, MCHG are all mediocre to ight albums.

However we are not talking about catalogs but actually abilities as an MC and we talking that we talking HOV all damn day.

The Hova Song trilogy from VOL 3 alone puts dude on a different level. When to being clever, the flows, the actual bars spit there's few in a class with Jay- Z. "I used to rap to the rain drops on my window pane"... That ? had me on Weebey gif status. "I'm like a Russian mobster drinking distilled vodka until I'm under the field with Hoffa" smh

Joints like "Where Im From", "imaginary player", "rap game ? game", "d'evils", "allure", "I know", "a dream" just to name a few are out cold. I ? wih Ghost but c'mon bruhs let's be reasonable here
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Jay-Z

Are you serious?

Dog, just look at the thread the cats in here making a case for Jay getting trolls, spams, feelings reactions etc. you would think we was trying to compare Lil Zane to Ghost. Simple no signs can't suffice? nope feelings gotta spew.

I don't have not one negative thing to say about Ghost (which is why I haven't). Dude one of my favorite Mc's ever. But imo he ain't nicer than Jay that's how I feel it is what it is.

So that led to me saying it hurts ? that Jay is widely considered one of the goats and in a lot of cases the Goat. I ain't said ? that y'all actions ain't justifying fam.

*now give me feelings, trolls, spam, and abuses*
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    That second quote was from Allure not the Hova Song trilogy for clarification. Hov got bars dog
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    Options

Are you serious?

Dog, just look at the thread the cats in here making a case for Jay getting trolls, spams, feelings reactions etc. you would think we was trying to compare Lil Zane to Ghost. Simple no signs can't suffice? nope feelings gotta spew.

I don't have not one negative thing to say about Ghost (which is why I haven't). Dude one of my favorite Mc's ever. But imo he ain't nicer than Jay that's how I feel it is what it is.

So that led to me saying it hurts ? that Jay is widely considered one of the goats and in a lot of cases the Goat. I ain't said ? that y'all actions ain't justifying fam.

realest post in this thread
    its the IC though. Might as well be the Wu C
  • nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghostface Killah
    ghost is an all around better artist/rapper.

ghost has a much wider range of topics in his music
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Ghostface Killah
    jono wrote: »
    Jay does have a weak discography for a GOAT candidate as Vol 2-3, BP2 & 3, Dynasty, MCHG are all mediocre to ight albums.

However we are not talking about catalogs but actually abilities as an MC and we talking that we talking HOV all damn day.

The Hova Song trilogy from VOL 3 alone puts dude on a different level. When to being clever, the flows, the actual bars spit there's few in a class with Jay- Z. "I used to rap to the rain drops on my window pane"... That ? had me on Weebey gif status. "I'm like a Russian mobster drinking distilled vodka until I'm under the field with Hoffa" smh

Joints like "Where Im From", "imaginary player", "rap game ? game", "d'evils", "allure", "I know", "a dream" just to name a few are out cold. I ? wih Ghost but c'mon bruhs let's be reasonable here

How can you discount the catalog when you're talking about the person's abilities. Anybody can make a hot song here and there, but being able to make hot albums consistently is the hallmark of a great rapper.

And nobody here is claiming Jay isn't a great rapper or hasn't made great song, but he's not as good as Ghost IMO.

Like I said, if we're just talking about impact on the game or raw lyricism. I'd go with Jay. But when you factor in everything else that matters like storytelling, creativity, subject matter, delivery/flow, chemistry with other MCs, etc... Ghost just proves to be superior.

You listen to Jay, you're going to get 80% of his music being him bragging about himself and/or his life and the other 20% some assorted ? . You listen to Ghost album, you're going to get about 50% being about the drug and street life, and then the other 50% ranging from being about a bad haircut to a tripped out journey through cartoon land to a song about getting your ass whooped as a kid and everything between.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Ghostface Killah

Are you serious?

It trips me out how clowns been making comments like this all throughout the thread, but Jay won the poll. So if the IC is just a forum full of mindless Wu fans, how did that happen? Topics criticizing the Wu pop up all the time, and disappear just as quickly. Topics where Jay is criticized stay around for weeks because his Stans pull out all stops to try and stomp out any criticism directed towards him.
  • CoolJoe
    Options
    Jay-Z

A bruh.

Ob4cl
    Iron man
    wu-tang forever
    and Supreme Clientele

Vs

RD
    Vol 1-3

Supreme Clientelle dropped Jan.25 2000

vol 3 dropped dec.28 1999

The ? are you on?

Yeah it was a group project but we were comparing what they did in a time period so its all fair game.

Im talking about what was done ON those projects.

Jay was nothing like Big. I hate that comparison.

One dropped in the 90's, one didn't, end of story.
    There was never a point to just name projects at all....
    And I never said Jay was anything like BIG, I said Jay did just as well as BIG on the three joints they had together, the ? are you talking about?
    Cool Joe seems to know a lot about Jay but not much about Ghost. But this the same guy who still thinks D Wade is a top 5 player. Duke is delusional. You weren't able to rebut anything in my post. Originality and emotion don't count for nothing?? I said wordplay can go either way depending on preference but I hope you're not implying Ghost don't have crazy wordplay because if you are then your scope on what wordplay is is extremely narrow.

Jay and Lupe are probably the best ? at wordplay that I've ever heard, which is why I find it a clear victory for Jay.

But let's for a second act like me saying Wade is a top 5 player in the league still, which I didn't, what the ? does that have to do with my ability to debate about Hip-Hop?

Now if you said I was a Lil Wayne stan, then maybe you could cast a dark cloud over my ability to debate this rap ? , but I'm not cut from that cloth, although you are.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Ghostface Killah
    I'm giving CoolJoe abuse reactions because he is acting like Ghost is a mid-tier MC. But if you want some too it's my pleasure.
  • CoolJoe
    Options
    Jay-Z

I always thought Blueprint 2 was weak also. That chorus is annoying as ? . Call it hating if you want, but some people simply don't think it's a good song.

Alright, you hate the hook, what was weak about the verses Jay spit?
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    Options

Are you serious?

It trips me out how clowns been making comments like this all throughout the thread, but Jay won the poll. So if the IC is just a forum full of mindless Wu fans, how did that happen? Topics criticizing the Wu pop up all the time, and disappear just as quickly. Topics where Jay is criticized stay around for weeks because his Stans pull out all stops to try and stomp out any criticism directed towards him.

what Jay stans do has nothing to do with me.
    I'm just pointing out the fact that the Wu Tang run the IC.
    This poll is just a poll.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    Jay is kinda underrated to the heads in terms of artistry and lyricism
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Ghostface Killah

Alright, you hate the hook, what was weak about the verses Jay spit?

I don't know. It was just beating a dead horse to me. The battle was finished at that point and he just had to keep it going. It was just more of him talking about himself. He didn't even have any of his typical clever lines in the song.

I rather hear some ? like this than Jay Big Upping himself for the 500th time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ_EIwWuV1g
    what Jay stans do has nothing to do with me.
    I'm just pointing out the fact that the Wu Tang run the IC.
    This poll is just a poll.

? doesn't make any sense man. If the Wu ran the IC like that, how did Ghost lose?
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Ghostface Killah
    Duke is a idiot. Vol. 3 and Supreme dropped within 30 days of eachother and he thinks they weren't in the same time period. And the Wade ? just proves how delusional you are in life. Lupe and Jay do have great wordplay but you're only considering one aspect of wordplay, which is why I say your view is narrow. It's not a clear victory. What's your thoughts on Ghost's wordplay. All I hear you talking about is Jay.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    SunflowaSeeds Members Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghostface Killah
    My two fav rappers of all time (when Jay-Z was actually spitting). If Jay never fell off like he did, I don't know if I'd be able to call this one.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghostface Killah

Are you serious?

Well, I aint one of them. I suggest you respond to them. Don't run that feelings BS by me and your post explicitly display your feelings. So, you aren't even debating with well thought out opinion. You are debating with your feelings.

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghostface Killah

Duly noted and given ..

You ? like to complain about reactions rather than discuss and argue like men ..

LOL