The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    great choice IMO. been a fan of the guy since Chasing Amy and Good Will Hunting. The Town was the ? , Argo was the ? and that's just his most recent. infinitely better choice then these prisoner of the moment new guy suggestions like Benedict Cumberbatch and Michael Fassbender

GTFOH both of these dudes ? on Affleck in every single way.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was just talking to my coworkers about it and pretty much all of them hate the choice and the first thing they bring up is daredevil. He did that movie maybe over 10 years ago. If you're gonna judge him at least bring into consideration how good the last few movies he did
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    great choice IMO. been a fan of the guy since Chasing Amy and Good Will Hunting. The Town was the ? , Argo was the ? and that's just his most recent. infinitely better choice then these prisoner of the moment new guy suggestions like Benedict Cumberbatch and Michael Fassbender

GTFOH both of these dudes ? on Affleck in every single way.

benedict cumberbatch looks like the alien from Splice bruh. He could not look less like a bruce wayne.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Matt bomer and wes Bentley >>>>
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ all the fanboys going all Comic Book Guy over this choice.

theres-no-emoticon-for-what-im-feeling_1401.gif
  • Copper
    Options
    “We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics' most enduringly popular Super Heroes (sic), and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some," Greg Silverman, president of creative development and worldwide production for Warner Bros., said in a statement posted to the Warner Bros. Facebook page. "His outstanding career is a testament to his talent and we know he and Zack will bring new dimension to the duality of this character."

Affleck and Warner Bros. have enjoyed quite the relationship over the last few years. The 41-year-old actor starred in and directed both "The Town" and "Argo" for the studio; that latter film, of course, won Best Picture at the Oscars in February, this despite Affleck being snubbed in the Best Director category.

As had been rumored, Warner Bros. cast a more mature actor to play Batman in Snyder's film: Affleck is 11 years older than "Man of Steel" star Henry Cavill, who will return to play Superman in the sequel. In an ironic twist, Affleck played George Reeves, a former Superman, in the 2006 film "Hollywoodland." (He also played Daredevil in the 2003 Marvel film "Daredevil.")

"Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry's Superman," Snyder said in the press release. "He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can't wait to work with him."

This isn't the first time Affleck has been connected to the DC Comics universe. Last year, he was mentioned as a possibility to direct the Warner Bros. Justice League movie, which would have combined Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern together for one feature. Affleck was quick to shoot that rumor down, but did express interest in the idea of the film. "'Justice League' sounds really exciting, but it's not something I'm working on," he said to Canadian press during interviews for "Argo."
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    funny how suddenly everyone and his mama has seen Daredevil. never bothered with it myself but i hear a lot that the Director's Cut is actually one of the better Marvel movies. and why everyone wanted Josh Brolin like why does he get a pass for Jonah Hex which was much more recent but not Ben for Daredevil?
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    daredevil wasnt even that bad....michael clark duncan was a good kingpin too
    electra made it wack
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    daredevil wasnt even that bad....michael clark duncan was a good kingpin too
    electra made it wack

Meh Daredevil wasnt terrible it just wasnt all that good. Just an okay flick. Affleck's performance was stake though, duke is just an average ass actor period.

Even in The Town he was aight, considering he didnt have to do too much. The movie is dope but it really doesn't mean all of a sudden Affleck is a great actor.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    I was just talking to my coworkers about it and pretty much all of them hate the choice and the first thing they bring up is Daredevil. He did that movie maybe over 10 years ago. If you're gonna judge him at least bring into consideration how good the last few movies he did

That's what I'm trippin' off of. These people are ACTORS and by the nature of their trade they're suppose to show us the range of their acting ability. Unless you're a student of film or of acting, (which I assume most of these people are not,) why exactly are people ? that Affleck got the role? Because of a bad superhero movie he did ten years ago? GTHFO? Hasn't Affleck's resume since Daredevil, proved that he has the range to possibly pull this off. Also, from what I understand Affleck is a fanboy and he brings something to the movie which has never been seen before, an actor with the necessary frame of reference to accurately portray the character.

Unless you're making "WTF!," casting decisions (e.g. Halle Berry as Storm or Catman, or Channing Tatum as Duke, and Marlon Wayans as Ripcord,) I feel that we as Jon Doe Movie Goer, shouldn't question the casting decisions of directors and executive producers.

You would have figured that Heath Ledger would have taught the fandom a lesson in this respect. All people were talking about was how could you cast the dude that played the "? cowboy," as the greatest villain in the history of comics. Strangely enough, all of that "? cowboy," ? was deaded a week after the release of The Dark Knight.

• starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stupid casting choice in my opinion
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    I was just talking to my coworkers about it and pretty much all of them hate the choice and the first thing they bring up is Daredevil. He did that movie maybe over 10 years ago. If you're gonna judge him at least bring into consideration how good the last few movies he did

That's what I'm trippin' off of. These people are ACTORS and by the nature of their trade they're suppose to show us the range of their acting ability. Unless you're a student of film or of acting, (which I assume most of these people are not,) why exactly are people ? that Affleck got the role? Because of a bad superhero movie he did ten years ago? GTHFO? Hasn't Affleck's resume since Daredevil, proved that he has the range to possibly pull this off. Also, from what I understand Affleck is a fanboy and he brings something to the movie which has never been seen before, an actor with the necessary frame of reference to accurately portray the character.

Unless you're making "WTF!," casting decisions (e.g. Halle Berry as Storm or Catman, or Channing Tatum as Duke, and Marlon Wayans as Ripcord,) I feel that we as Jon Doe Movie Goer, shouldn't question the casting decisions of directors and executive producers.

You would have figured that Heath Ledger would have taught the fandom a lesson in this respect. All people were talking about was how could you cast the dude that played the "? cowboy," as the greatest villain in the history of comics. Strangely enough, all of that "? cowboy," ? was deaded a week after the release of The Dark Knight.

Exactly that's why even If I don't like a choice a film company makes choosing a actor I never get bent out of shape over it. Does afflek have great range not really but I think he can be a good to great batman
  • Copper
    Options
    Daredevil was ? atrocious
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Daredevil was ? atrocious

True spit but Daredevil was made by the same hack that directed Ghost Rider and that piece of overdramatic ? Simon Birch. This movie is coming from the director that gave us 300 and Dawn of the Dead (2004). To compare these directors would be like comparing a kia to a benz.
  • Copper
    Options
  • Copper
    Options
    "Hey Ben.... you ain't ? "
    christian-bale-critics-choice-10-01-2013-9.jpg
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ben-affleck-george-clooney1.jpg?height=480&width=480&matte=true&quality=0.91

Ben: Any advice?

Clooney: Make sure to tell them "no nipples and no ice skates".
  • earth two superman
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    k7dTaLj.jpg

Good Bat Manning
    Tagline: This time, it is his fault.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol I didnt hate daredevil like some of u did. Maybe cuz I have little to no attachment to the character but still.

haa daredevil was wacc as fucc and i have no attachment to the character, but to be fair it was mostly the directors fault
    dude never directed a good movie some other movies he directed are elektra and ghost rider
  • earth two superman
    Options
    Oh yeah ghost rider and Elektra were terrible. No argument there. I heard the 2nd ghost rider was decent though.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    Ok, so the rumor mill is now saying that Bryan Cranston is lex luthor, and he has been for a while. They won't announce it until breaking bad ends.

Ben affleck supposedly has a 13 movie deal. Not all batman movies, of course. But he will be a big part of DC.

Also, and u knew this ? was coming. Matt Damon is being considered for the justice league in some shape or form. Could be max lord, Steve Trevor, aquaman, or even martian manhunter.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Damn if any of that is true.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok, so the rumor mill is now saying that Bryan Cranston is lex luthor, and he has been for a while. They won't announce it until breaking bad ends.

Ben affleck supposedly has a 13 movie deal. Not all batman movies, of course. But he will be a big part of DC.

Also, and u knew this ? was coming. Matt Damon is being considered for the justice league in some shape or form. Could be max lord, Steve Trevor, aquaman, or even martian manhunter.

I could see Damon as Steve Trevor. thats all tho.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    i could see him as aquaman too. ? no as martian manhunter
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was gonna bring him up as aquaman too but i tbh would hate to see Damon get a big role like that haha.