Upcoming film about Egypt starring Christian Bale, Sigourney Weaver and Aaron Paul

Options

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    I still don't see why people blame Hollywood so much. Hollywood is a business not an educational industry. They are in it to make money not educate people on the racial background of ancient civilizations. The point has been made time and again, white people, who are still the largest group in the US, don't go see movies that center around minorities. It's just a fact. Let's be real. Regardless of whether it's right or not, Hollywood would be stupid to try and make a blockbuster movie with nothing but brown and black people. They'd basically be throwing their money away.

Seriously? white people have always been obsessed with black people. Going back to Hottentot to minstrel shows, blues, jazz, r&b, rock and roll, hip-hop, up to now with twerking.

The love our music, our comedy, our fashion, our flavor and style, our slang. But they wouldn't support us on the big screen?

And even if that was true there are millions of black and brown people in America and billions around the world with billions of dollars to spend on quality stories of color.

In terms of white people seeing and supporting black films like that.. They really don't dispite the fascination with Black culture and entertainment.

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im good..........

i'm not there was no ? in ancient Egypt this movie is bull!
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still don't see why people blame Hollywood so much. Hollywood is a business not an educational industry. They are in it to make money not educate people on the racial background of ancient civilizations. The point has been made time and again, white people, who are still the largest group in the US, don't go see movies that center around minorities. It's just a fact. Let's be real. Regardless of whether it's right or not, Hollywood would be stupid to try and make a blockbuster movie with nothing but brown and black people. They'd basically be throwing their money away.

Seriously? white people have always been obsessed with black people. Going back to Hottentot to minstrel shows, blues, jazz, r&b, rock and roll, hip-hop, up to now with twerking.

The love our music, our comedy, our fashion, our flavor and style, our slang. But they wouldn't support us on the big screen?

And even if that was true there are millions of black and brown people in America and billions around the world with billions of dollars to spend on quality stories of color.

All that is true, but that doesn't change the fact that it's been proven time and time again that whites don't support majority minority movies. George Lucas said the exact same thing when he was making Red Tails. He was afraid that if it failed it would the death knell for big budget movies about black stories.
    What ? ? and for you dumb ? , a lot of dogon, yoruba, and a lot of west african tribes have the same culture as the ancient egyptians. ? read some damn books will y'all and not racist american school text book.

Saying that the dogon and other west african tribes have the same culture as the ancient egyptians is a huge overstatement.
    You really need to check up on the dogon(all you other ? need to too). Them cats is one of the worlds biggest mysteries. They said it themselves that they originated from egypt(they're not the only ones either.)They said they were ran out by arabs(they have damn near taken over) and white devils when they brought "their" religions(if you know what I mean). They wear similar hats, mask, and do similar religious things that ancient egyptions did. They been doing this for thousands of years and haven't changed.

By the way, it's still black folks in lower egypt right now. They get treated like ? and aren't "considered" egyptians. All because they didn't throw away their "ancient" religious practices and accept the "new" Islam/Christianity/Olympian gods etc etc. They don't get put on camera and are banned from certain areas in egypt SMH. They are constantly ? with too(trying to drive them out or assimilate the last of the original people). Then them crazy ass hairy mutts had the nerve to label them as "invaders/infidels". LOL how you gone come from another continent and call africans in africa invaders? It's just like crackas telling native americans to get out of their country. You can look up the documentaries on youtube.

Back to the dogon:
    The dogon choose to live simple AKA "primitive", but the knowledge they have is advanced as ? . N.A .S.A scientist are still stumped to this day about the dogon. I dropped this ? awhile back in another thread.

? had the solar system mapped out to a T(pluto wasn't there by the way). A few other planets that we are just now discovering too, in their exact locations. They had this knowledge before the native americns. But the most mysterious thing about them is that they been telling stories of this planet(similar to ancient egyptions) for thousands of years. This planet is said to be the home of our creators or where we come from(can't really remember). Not too long ago we discovered this planet right where the dogon said it was. Scientist most def say it's a planet and could be similar to earth(don't know how they came to that conclusion). Several other cultures in africa, asia, "native" america and sumeria all have similar stories about this planet.

Wonder why something this amazing isn't splattered all over T.V/made into a movie/in the history books? Look up the ? in australia too. Straight up ? that have straight hair, blond hair, asian eyes, green eyes, and blue eyes. Not one ounce of european blood in them. They been there over a thousand years and scientists have absolutely no idea how they got there.

I have read up on the Dogon, and as I noted, their are cultural commonalities as you'll find throughout Africa. It's still a substantial overstatement to say their cultures are the same.
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watch the slaves be black

Bill-Murray-Laughs-Then-Turns-Sad.gif
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

All that is true, but that doesn't change the fact that it's been proven time and time again that whites don't support majority minority movies. George Lucas said the exact same thing when he was making Red Tails. He was afraid that if it failed it would the death knell for big budget movies about black stories.
    What ? ? and for you dumb ? , a lot of dogon, yoruba, and a lot of west african tribes have the same culture as the ancient egyptians. ? read some damn books will y'all and not racist american school text book.

Saying that the dogon and other west african tribes have the same culture as the ancient egyptians is a huge overstatement.
    You really need to check up on the dogon(all you other ? need to too). Them cats is one of the worlds biggest mysteries. They said it themselves that they originated from egypt(they're not the only ones either.)They said they were ran out by arabs(they have damn near taken over) and white devils when they brought "their" religions(if you know what I mean). They wear similar hats, mask, and do similar religious things that ancient egyptions did. They been doing this for thousands of years and haven't changed.

By the way, it's still black folks in lower egypt right now. They get treated like ? and aren't "considered" egyptians. All because they didn't throw away their "ancient" religious practices and accept the "new" Islam/Christianity/Olympian gods etc etc. They don't get put on camera and are banned from certain areas in egypt SMH. They are constantly ? with too(trying to drive them out or assimilate the last of the original people). Then them crazy ass hairy mutts had the nerve to label them as "invaders/infidels". LOL how you gone come from another continent and call africans in africa invaders? It's just like crackas telling native americans to get out of their country. You can look up the documentaries on youtube.

Back to the dogon:
    The dogon choose to live simple AKA "primitive", but the knowledge they have is advanced as ? . N.A .S.A scientist are still stumped to this day about the dogon. I dropped this ? awhile back in another thread.

? had the solar system mapped out to a T(pluto wasn't there by the way). A few other planets that we are just now discovering too, in their exact locations. They had this knowledge before the native americns. But the most mysterious thing about them is that they been telling stories of this planet(similar to ancient egyptions) for thousands of years. This planet is said to be the home of our creators or where we come from(can't really remember). Not too long ago we discovered this planet right where the dogon said it was. Scientist most def say it's a planet and could be similar to earth(don't know how they came to that conclusion). Several other cultures in africa, asia, "native" america and sumeria all have similar stories about this planet.

Wonder why something this amazing isn't splattered all over T.V/made into a movie/in the history books? Look up the ? in australia too. Straight up ? that have straight hair, blond hair, asian eyes, green eyes, and blue eyes. Not one ounce of european blood in them. They been there over a thousand years and scientists have absolutely no idea how they got there.

I have read up on the Dogon, and as I noted, their are cultural commonalities as you'll find throughout Africa. It's still a substantial overstatement to say their cultures are the same.
    Well things do change over time right? But what do you have to say about them describing in exact detail were they came from(egypt AKA "the black land") and how they ended up where they're at now? This also goes into what I was saying about ? moving around. This is why it's ignorant as ? to say that ? about ? being taken from one part of africa ? . They were actually taking people from other parts of africa first. White folks damn near took over south africa, a lot of white folks are still there now lol. People from east africa fled to other parts after countless religiousattacks from the crazy arabs with their "great muslim teachings". This was happening before white folks created christianity and decided to "share it"(lol) with us. So where did all thes east africans run off too?

Let me make this easier to understand. The dogan used to live in east africa and they moved to west africa(and probably other parts too). A lot of east africans traveled to other parts of africa after countless religious driven(jihad aka "holy war") attacks from arabs. To add on to this people all over africa naturally moved around period. Also, some of the oldest human bones are found in east africa spread across all the way to the west of africa.........get it?(like an east african in here already mentioned).
  • apollo greed
    apollo greed Members Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    Options

That's the problem. Hollywood controls what we see and how we feel. The media is the main culprit in race relations. You mean to tell me all these talented black, Latino, and Asian actors and writers out there and when I go to NBC,CBS, ABC and Fox and I can't see one sitcom with a cast made of only them? Oh sure you have the shows with the one or two minorities on it but come on. Same goes for movies. All these up and coming black actors and yet Hollywood would rather hire a white actor to play the role. I have seen some movies come out and say to myself any race could of played that main part, but Hollywood sees white first. For instance Mission Impossible, any race could of played Tom Cruises part. Hollywood only considered a white guy to play it. I'm not going to even go into the whole killing the black person first in all the horror and action movies stuff. People always get on Tyler Perry for his and tv shows but at least he is making a difference and going against Hollywood by putting out somewhat quality Black movies with a good black cast. What we need is to have Latinos and Asian Americans do the same. Unfortunately long as the white hollywood establishment that think they know what makes money and what the people want to see stays in charge this won't happen.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    In not supporting it but not surprised they doing it. More people will go see it if the cast is white, it's literally that simple.

That has a lot to do with it, the perception that white America and world wide audiences won't go see a movie with a predominately black (or in the case of this movie,) an all black cast; however the game is much deeper than this concerning this particular movie.

My best friend since the 2nd grade is a Jew and one day I asked him why Hasidics Jews dress the way they do. He told me that each Hasidic sect have rabbis that started that particular branch of Hasidim and the men honors the rabbi who started that particular sect by wearing the same clothes he did. Which is why you have Satmars wearing breeches in 2013. My boy D went on to say that Hasidics are silly for dressing like a rabbi from 18th Century Poland and wearing a "big furry hat," in the 95 degree summertime heat of New York City or Jerusalem.

He also added the Hasidism makes a mockery of Judaism. I was like, "Dude, why are you saying that?" D explained that of course it wouldn't have been practical for Jews outside of the Middle East to dress like ancient Egyptians, also and more importantly, D was like, "How are these guys going to emulate certain rabbis, when they're not trying to dress like Moses, and they're no more important Jew than him." Which brings me to my points.

Western culture is has it's origins in Judo-Christian philosophy, morals, values, and traditions. I think it's fair to say that the genesis of most of these morals, values, traditions, and philosophy can be traced back to Moses receiving the Torah on Mount Sinai.

When people think of worldwide Jewry, the following images come to mind:

In other words, most people associate Judaism with white males. For Hollywood to give a historically accurate representation of the ancient Egyptians and Hebrews (Moses in particular,) not only are you saying that Moses was an African, he was a DARK SKINNED AFRICAN! Then one comes to the following revelations:

1) ? 's Chosen People are dark skinned Africans. (E.g. Ethiopian Jews,)

2) ? chose an dark skinned African male to go before Pharaoh (another dark skinned male,) to demand the release of ? 's Chosen People.

3) Aaron (Moses older brother and spokesman) was an dark skinned African male.

4) Pharaoh's daughter was a dark skinned African female.

5) When ? got fed up with the ancient Hebrews and he was about to destroy them and give Moses a bunch of new followers, it was dark skinned African male that ask ? not trip on them and spare them.

Now here's were the game gets REALLY DEEP

Moses was the first Hebrew to see the Promised Land

Moses was the only person in the Bible to speak to ? one-on-one.

Moses was the man that ? gave the Torah, (the Law,) to. Going back to the theme I was hitting on before, ? trusted, confided, instructed and spoke DIRECTLY TO, and gave His Law to a dark skinned African male.

Now to my second point, if you go into older courthouses, (especially on the East Coast,) 60 Centre St. and the New York State Supreme Court, Appellate, Division, 1st Department, you'll see murals depicting different epochs of time where men are receiving or making laws. These murals will show the signing of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, some ancient Greek and Roman ? and they'll ALWAYS include Moses with the 10 Commandment tablets. Upon analysis of the game, and from what I just said, U.S. (and therefore Western culture,) laws emanate with ? giving His instructions on how to live and conduct yourself with an dark skinned African male and to show this in a movie is something that white America and (some Ashkenazi Jews,) probably can't deal with. It would shake to the core everything that we know about ourselves as a people. With the end result of white folks trippin' like a muthafucka. They would be like, you mean to tell me that ? chose as his spokesman, leader of the Chosen People, spoke to directly, and gave His Law to....A ? ! AWWW HELL-TO-THE-NAW! That's some ? the average white person couldn't process, nor handle.

smh how can you say moses was black when he probably never existed?

I could be wrong, but hasn't it been proven that Solomon existed? Moses is his father so he had to exist too in some form.

Nope

David is the father of Solomon .. .
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What about movies like Friday, Boyz in the hood, Juice, Bad Boys 1 and 2, The best Man all these movies made more than they cost to make which is the business model for Hollywood so why don't we get more black movies?
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • apollo greed
    apollo greed Members Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    Options
    What about movies like Friday, Boyz in the hood, Juice, Bad Boys 1 and 2, The best Man all these movies made more than they cost to make which is the business model for Hollywood so why don't we get more black movies?

They made money here but not internationally. Hollywood looks at making money here and over seas. Internationally certain movies aren't shown like in France cause of the racism over there. This is another blow to the black movie business.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh yall claim everyone is black
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Bruh yall claim everyone is black

European Skin Turned Pale Only Recently, Gene Suggests

Researchers have disagreed for decades about an issue that is only skin-deep: How quickly did the first modern humans who swept into Europe acquire pale skin? Now a new report on the evolution of a gene for skin color suggests that Europeans lightened up quite recently, perhaps only 6000 to 12,000 years ago. This contradicts a long-standing hypothesis that modern humans in Europe grew paler about 40,000 years ago, as soon as they migrated into northern latitudes. Under darker skies, pale skin absorbs more sunlight than dark skin, allowing ultraviolet rays to produce more vitamin D for bone growth and calcium absorption.“The [evolution of] light skin occurred long after the arrival of modern humans in Europe,” molecular anthropologist Heather Norton of the University of Arizona, Tucson, said in her talk.

white scientist claim it too.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited September 2013
    Options

Well things do change over time right? But what do you have to say about them describing in exact detail were they came from(egypt AKA "the black land") and how they ended up where they're at now? This also goes into what I was saying about ? moving around. This is why it's ignorant as ? to say that ? about ? being taken from one part of africa ? . They were actually taking people from other parts of africa first. White folks damn near took over south africa, a lot of white folks are still there now lol. People from east africa fled to other parts after countless religiousattacks from the crazy arabs with their "great muslim teachings". This was happening before white folks created christianity and decided to "share it"(lol) with us. So where did all thes east africans run off too?

Let me make this easier to understand. The dogan used to live in east africa and they moved to west africa(and probably other parts too). A lot of east africans traveled to other parts of africa after countless religious driven(jihad aka "holy war") attacks from arabs. To add on to this people all over africa naturally moved around period. Also, some of the oldest human bones are found in east africa spread across all the way to the west of africa.........get it?(like an east african in here already mentioned).

I honestly don't know what your point is anymore. The birthplace of humanity is thought to be towards southern Africa. Man migrated up the eastern coast and spread from there. So yes, if you go back far enough, you'll definitely find a connection between west and east africa. You'll also find connections between East Africa and Europe, Asia, Australia, etc... If you make the chain long enough pretty much everybody in the world can be traced back to Africa.

So what? There are theories out there now that the earliest Chinese dynasties were started by black men. They've found commonalities between some of the languages in West Africa and older chinese. Does that mean Korean people should go around claiming Timbuktu as one of their greatest achievements just because Korean people descend from the Chinese who may have had ties to West Africa thousands of years ago? Do you see how ridiculous that is?

Nobody is saying that African American's can't be proud of everything that happened in Africa. That's all well and good. However, the question was why are African Americans so obsessed with Egypt when we hail from West Africa. That's a fair question. There are people who can tell you everything in the world about Egypt, but can't tell you the first thing about the Songhai and Mali empires. That's backwards as hell.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't the third emperor of mali was ex slave?
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options

I honestly don't know what your point is anymore. However, the question was why are African Americans so obsessed with Egypt when we hail from West Africa. That's a fair question. There are people who can tell you everything in the world about Egypt, but can't tell you the first thing about the Songhai and Mali empires. That's backwards as hell.
    LOL you did it again, you really are just missing the point hella people in here already pointed out. PEOPLE ALWAYS MOVE AROUND!!!! A ? in west africa right now could be from central africa, east africa, north africa. WHY DO YOU KEEP TRYING TO FIND A LOOPHOLE IN THIS FACT? LOL why does it have to be such a big gap in time from when african people migrated? ? MIGRATE ALL THE TIME B. My big brother potna is from south africa but his great grand parents and some other family member live in east africa. He lives in west north america(lol) now. So that whole argument like ? is different because of their current location or some ? is stupid. Once again, west africa was NOT the only place they was taking ? from, it was the last place.

But the main point is(listen closely) WHITE FOLKS ? ON "US" AGAIN! You didn't know travon martin, Rodney king, etc etc.... but you cared about the situation didn't you?(think about it...) All of that ? in egypt is one of(we know it's amazing ? all over africa) the most popular displays of greatness in africa AND THE WORLD. White people(and arab mutts) for years have been trying to disassociate this from black folks for years. Even though ? are clearly all over the walls, in graves, on big ass statues and ? . This major film is just another kick in the ass to "us". It's a constant stain on evil whites who claimed that we were uncivilized dumb savages who needed Jesus or allah. This was done in a time where whites were in caves and claimed that all humans at that time were "primitive". It's the most unexplained, mind boggling, mysteries in the world. It's sitting in the land of uncivilized, godless, ? .

Are you black bruh? The "point" of this shouldn't even need to be explained to you. Where did you grow up? Who did you grow up amongst?

And just for more laughs
    chuck-connors.jpg
    geronimo1962.jpg

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    LOL you did it again, you really are just missing the point hella people in here already pointed out. PEOPLE ALWAYS MOVE AROUND!!!! A ? in west africa right now could be from central africa, east africa, north africa. WHY DO YOU KEEP TRYING TO FIND A LOOPHOLE IN THIS FACT? LOL why does it have to be such a big gap in time from when african people migrated? ? MIGRATE ALL THE TIME B. My big brother potna is from south africa but his great grand parents and some other family member live in east africa. He lives in west north america(lol) now. So that whole argument like ? is different because of their current location or some ? is stupid. Once again, west africa was NOT the only place they was taking ? from, it was the last place.

But the main point is(listen closely) WHITE FOLKS ? ON "US" AGAIN! You didn't know travon martin, Rodney king, etc etc.... but you cared about the situation didn't you?(think about it...) All of that ? in egypt is one of(we know it's amazing ? all over africa) the most popular displays of greatness in africa AND THE WORLD. White people(and arab mutts) for years have been trying to disassociate this from black folks for years. Even though ? are clearly all over the walls, in graves, on big ass statues and ? . This major film is just another kick in the ass to "us". It's a constant stain on evil whites who claimed that we were uncivilized dumb savages who needed Jesus or allah. This was done in a time where whites were in caves and claimed that all humans at that time were "primitive". It's the most unexplained, mind boggling, mysteries in the world. It's sitting in the land of uncivilized, godless, ? .

Are you black bruh? The "point" of this shouldn't even need to be explained to you. Where did you grow up? Who did you grow up amongst?

And just for more laughs
    chuck-connors.jpg
    geronimo1962.jpg

lol Come on dog, are you really comparing the migratory trends of the modern world to a time when it could take days to travel 100 miles? That's just bad. And yes, the vast majority of the slaves taken in the European slave trade came from West Africa.

http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/historyonline/slav_fact.cfm

And you seem to be missing the point because nothing you just mentioned makes the question "Why are African Americans so obsessed with Egypt?" a bad question. I don't see what's so hard to understand about what I'm saying. Nobody is saying that its cool for Hollywood to rewrite history and make the Egyptians white. My point is that it is valid for someone to ask why we, who descend mostly from West Africa, put far more emphasis in uplifting Egyptian culture and history than the West African counterparts. Especially when the people who usually ask that question aren't black and don't understand the dynamics behind why blacks are happy to hear about any thing positive as it relates to black culture. Nothing you're saying at this point is even addressing that issue. I think you're just arguing to argue now because you're off point.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whole bunch of ? in their feelings in here. Gonna check it out definitely now.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited September 2013
    Options

And just for more laughs
    chuck-connors.jpg
    geronimo1962.jpg

lol Come on dog, are you really comparing the migratory trends of the modern world to a time when it could take days to travel 100 miles? That's just bad. And yes, the vast majority of the slaves taken in the European slave trade came from West Africa.

http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/historyonline/slav_fact.cfm

And you seem to be missing the point because nothing you just mentioned makes the question "Why are African Americans so obsessed with Egypt?" a bad question. I don't see what's so hard to understand about what I'm saying. Nobody is saying that its cool for Hollywood to rewrite history and make the Egyptians white. My point is that it is valid for someone to ask why we, who descend mostly from West Africa, put far more emphasis in uplifting Egyptian culture and history than the West African counterparts. the dynamics behind why blacks are happy to hear about any thing positive as it relates to black culture. Nothing you're saying at this point is even addressing that issue.
    The point is in big bold letters for you. Nobody is obsessed and nobody is "uplifting" anything my ? . You sound just like a cracka with this ? you keep repeating over and over. Why are you so stuck on dividing ? ? If this movie was in the congo we would react the same. You might as well gone ahead and ask a stupid question like "why do african americans obsess over and uplift africa so much when we been living in america over 500 years" too. I guess my post about trayvon martin, o.j, and rodney king went over your head. This aint about no "obsession"(lol). This is about "us" being ? over by our tormentors for the 1 millionth time right in our faces. What in all ? does a "side" of africa got to do with anything? Did you not read where I(and others) pointed out that hollywhite stays trying to downplay ? in that area all the time? What other part of africa do they do this ? to? I'll wait..........

You my friend are the one that's rambling and missing the point. Several posters in here have pointed this out about you in here. I think you are the one missing the point brotha. You answered the question yourself by the way(I put it in bold for you) SMH. lol I'm done bruh, if you can't understand as a black person then just ? it!

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is a divide and conquer servant. Don't pay him no mind.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The point is in big bold letters for you. Nobody is obsessed and nobody is "uplifting" anything my ? . You sound just like a cracka with this ? you keep repeating over and over. Why are you so stuck on dividing ? ? If this movie was in the congo we would react the same. You might as well gone ahead and ask a stupid question like "why do african americans obsess over and uplift africa so much when we been living in america over 500 years" too. I guess my post about trayvon martin, o.j, and rodney king went over your head. This aint about no "obsession"(lol). This is about "us" being ? over by our tormentors for the 1 millionth time right in our faces. What in all ? does a "side" of africa got to do with anything? Did you not read where I(and others) pointed out that hollywhite stays trying to downplay ? in that area all the time? What other part of africa do they do this ? to? I'll wait..........

You my friend are the one that's rambling and missing the point. Several posters in here have pointed this out about you in here. I think you are the one missing the point brotha. You answered the question yourself by the way(I put it in bold for you) SMH. lol I'm done bruh, if you can't understand as a black person then just ? it!

I think me and you are arguing about two different things now and that's why we aren't seeing eye to eye. I have no issue at all with people finding distaste with Hollywood whitewashing everything. It's not like we're the only group they've done that too. Ask asians. Pretty much every Asian influenced movie that comes out of Hollywood has an all white cast. So yeah Hollywood tends to ? on the founders of the source material when they put out stories coming from non-white cultures. As I've said, that's more about money than anything else. It's because white people love ? when it comes from other cultures, but they rather support it when it has a white face. Hollywood is a money making industry so they give the people what they want.

Our discussion started out with me saying that the Dogon cultures and Egyptian cultures are not the same. They are connected and have similarities, but it's a bit of an overstatement to say they are the same. The same way it would be an overstatement to say African American and West African culture is the same even though there are elements of our culture that were transferred from the homeland. Past that I don't know how we got off track, but after rereading our posts, I think we've been arguing past each other and not really addressing any of the points the other has made.
    Maalik wrote: »
    Leave that ? be brah.

He asks why American Blacks care about Egypt, but is mum on the fact that Hollywood pumps out movies about Rome and Greece every year when the target audience for those films are White Anglo-Saxon Americans.....people that are not from that culture. Why do pasty white Caucasian people act like they have claim to Julius Ceasar/Mark Anthony/Pompeii or Alexander the Great/Achilles/Hercules/Odysseus/Cleopatra or Aristotle/Socrates/Plato or the foundations of Greek democracy/The Roman senate when none their white Germanic ancestors were from those areas? Most White Americans are German. So....shouldn't all these ancient and epics films be about Germany (or the civilizations that were in that area before) instead of all these other civilizations? White people take everything Europeans did throughout history, regardless of the country, and attribute it to the greatness of the overall White race but, he has a problem with Blacks doing the same ? .

Game of Thrones is the most popular fantasy series out right now. George R.R. Martin, the author of the books, is Irish and Italian. The Game of Thrones books are largely inspired by the War of Roses, which was a ? feud between two royal English families (York, Lancaster) in the Middle Ages. Why is some Irish/Italian muthafucka writing stories about the English? Shouldn't he be writing stories about Ireland or some ? ?

He kills his own argument. That ? is tired and it's a waste of time talking with dude. White people do the same thing he's criticizing blacks of doing ALL. THE. ? . TIME. Using his logic, no blacks in America should care about the upcoming Mandela movie because we're descendants of West Africa, not the Southern portion. If a movie on Toussaint Louverture was to come out, we shouldn't care about that either because we're American Blacks and they're from Haiti. If a film about Ethiopia and how they resisted colonization came out, American Blacks shouldn't care about those East Africans ? either. If a film about the Congo and King Leopold came out, American Blacks shouldn't care about that because that was a Central African thing.

? ? mayne.

Are ya'll ? illiterate? I'm not asking that question. I've said multiple times that I know why we as African Americans take pride in Egypt. My only point is that it's not a stupid question especially when its coming from someone who isn't African American or Black and doesn't understand the dynamic.

? on this site need to step their argument games up. We start off discussing something and ya'll can't prove your point so you switch directions in the middle of the discussion and then start arguing that ? even though it's beside the original point. Or you just argue some ? that doesn't have anything to do with anything.

What does Game of Thrones, a story that takes influences from all over the world in addition to Europe, being popular have to do with what we're talking about? We're not talking about making fictional stories drawing influence from a variety of cultures. Our discussion revolves around African Americans showing pride in Egyptian culture, and whites and other races not being able to understand this because they don't see any real connection between African American heritage and Egyptian history. No where did I say that no such connection exists. I've made two points from the start and stuck with them. 1) Questioning that connection is not stupid. The only way you learn anything is by questioning. So for non-blacks and blacks that aren't up on their history, the only way they will learn is to question it and have someone educate them. 2) I've said that we are more directly related to people from West Africa and to some extent Central Africa. I'm not denying the connection all people of African descent have, and please show me where I said that AAs aren't allowed to care about any other group in Africa. You need to ? all these ? Straw Man arguments you're making up. I have not said there is anything wrong with any black person showing love to a black accomplishment no matter where it's from. But I do believe that given that most of African Americans come from West, we should learn more and show more pride in that region's history than we do instead of focusing so much on Egyptian history.

I don't understand why either of those points are so hard to understand and why you dudes feel they are so offensive.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Vin Diesel wants to play the king of Carthage, Hannibal, lol.

You know he half-black right? When he lets dat nappy hair grow out, he a light-skinned ? .

vindiesel.jpg

He shaves his head so he can "pass" and get white roles...............otherwise you'd only see him in "black comedy" films n ? . lol his azz woulda been the FIRST to die in Pitch Black and some ? woulda played Riddick