The Official 2013-2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Lol @ it being the WNBA FINALS. I didn't even know their season started.

Why is that ? still a league.

those women can ball... if u a true basketball fan u would be interested...

As long as nothing else is on.

And I do mean NOTHING. They failed making their playoffs and finals fall during the busiest time of the year in men's sports.

Their season should start a month or two earlier so it can ? in August or some ? when it's either WNBA playoffs or Family Guy reruns.

They still gon' lose that battle but at least they'll do better.
    the thing about it is most of the dudes assume they cant ball.. or the games wont be interesting... thats not true..

Nah, it's just that there's usually something better on at the time. Plus alot of women's games (college too) are one-sided as ? . Not a lot of parity. Plus no dunks, not as many highlights, etc.

Plus it's hard to have to deal with the fact that there are females that walk this earth that look like Avery Johnson, Tayshawn Prince, and Kendrick Perkins.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Lol @ it being the WNBA FINALS. I didn't even know their season started.

Why is that ? still a league.

those women can ball... if u a true basketball fan u would be interested...

As long as nothing else is on.

And I do mean NOTHING. They failed making their playoffs and finals fall during the busiest time of the year in men's sports.

Their season should start a month or two earlier so it can ? in August or some ? when it's either WNBA playoffs or Family Guy reruns.

They still gon' lose that battle but at least they'll do better.
    the thing about it is most of the dudes assume they cant ball.. or the games wont be interesting... thats not true..

Nah, it's just that there's usually something better on at the time. Plus alot of women's games (college too) are one-sided as ? . Not a lot of parity. Plus no dunks, not as many highlights, etc.

Plus it's hard to have to deal with the fact that there are females that walk this earth that look like Avery Johnson, Tayshawn Prince, and Kendrick Perkins.

ive watched a few games.... yes there are some girls that are ugly... there are some fine ones 2... ive seen a few dunks tho..
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron said he got better

Crazy!!!
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh let the lebron ? riding begin on espn... i might switch ova 2 fox sports 1 during the nba season..
  • ATTS
    Options
    Nelly is on First Take..... about to go in on kobe bryant AGAIN....
    they about to discuss why no one wants to play with him.....lol
  • ATTS
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    Lebron said he got better

Crazy!!!

What is he supposed to say? He got worse?

you missing the point bro........
    I am just curious what he worked on during the summer......his midrange is automatic.....he improved 3point....his post game is better....
    maybe freethrows?
  • ATTS
    Options
    Damn Nelly....

Why he hate kobe soooo much? did kobe refuse an autograph or ? his girl?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As usual Nelly da realest clappin kobe wit facts and he hit stephen a wit a jab for bein an ass kissin reporter.He blammin em
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MJ said he not sure if he can beat Kobe one on one in prime vs prime !!!!!!! since he jacked his moves!!!!!! lol

of course he said LBJ would be light work lol

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They gon bring nelly everytime on first take, they talk about kobe
  • ATTS
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    MJ said he not sure if he can beat Kobe one on one in prime vs prime !!!!!!! since he jacked his moves!!!!!! lol

Bron is coming for MJ legacy....imagine if bron wins 6 rings in a row?

• ATTS
    Options
    As usual Nelly da realest clappin kobe wit facts and he hit stephen a wit a jab for bein an ass kissin reporter.He blammin em

Hahaha......
    Soul burning slow.....skip was heated......
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    u

Bron is coming for MJ legacy....imagine if bron wins 6 rings in a row?

That won't happen, no way he wins 6 with the heat, he'll have to go back to Cle or Ny with Melo
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Andrew is going to be on the court soon, but we're not going to set a specific date when he might be ready to play," Grant said. "Everything is good, though, and he hasn't had any setbacks. He's running up and down -- full court at full speed -- and is working like crazy here every day.

"If that means he's back in two weeks, great. If that means he's back in a month and a half, great. We're just not putting any hard timetable out there."

Though Bynum will not be medically cleared Tuesday when Cleveland opens training camp, the former All-Star said he "definitely" will play this season. He signed a two-year, $24 million contract that only includes $6 million in guaranteed money. He did not play a single game as a 76er last year.

"I'm not completely there yet, but I've dropped 18 pounds and am right at 290, and I feel great," Bynum said. "Honestly, once I'm back on the court, I'm going to be productive, so I don't see why I can't be an All-Star again.

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Andrew is going to be on the court soon, but we're not going to set a specific date when he might be ready to play," Grant said. "Everything is good, though, and he hasn't had any setbacks. He's running up and down -- full court at full speed -- and is working like crazy here every day.

"If that means he's back in two weeks, great. If that means he's back in a month and a half, great. We're just not putting any hard timetable out there."

Though Bynum will not be medically cleared Tuesday when Cleveland opens training camp, the former All-Star said he "definitely" will play this season. He signed a two-year, $24 million contract that only includes $6 million in guaranteed money. He did not play a single game as a 76er last year.

"I'm not completely there yet, but I've dropped 18 pounds and am right at 290, and I feel great," Bynum said. "Honestly, once I'm back on the court, I'm going to be productive, so I don't see why I can't be an All-Star again.

Yo if there is still no set date where even atleast tries to go out there Im afraid he might be done
  • DaBull
    Options
    shouts to Doc Rivers for keeping it real.

And in his first meeting with Clippers All-Star Chris Paul after signing on as his new head coach, that motivation began immediately. From Yahoo Sports:
    "As professional athletes, you always want someone to push you and motivate you," Paul said. "The first meeting I had with Doc, he pretty much told me I wasn't anything. He told me I hadn't done anything in this league, and he was right. [\b]You don't always want somebody that's going to tell you what you want to hear."
    via Doc Rivers lets Chris Paul know he still has work to do - Yahoo Sports.
    Paul flourished in New Orleans under a similarly tough approach from Byron Scott. And honestly, at this point, he needs the motivation. He's cemented himself as the best point guard in the league to a degree where he has little left to accomplish on a personal level. MVP is unlikely with LeBron James still breathing, his All-Star and All-NBA nods are locks. But quietly (far more quietly than it has been with Carmelo Anthony), there's been the murmurin of critics who question why Paul has never advanced past the second round, why he's only won two playoff series in his career.[\b]
    With new superteams like Houston, you have to expect there to be growing pains, time for adjustment.
  • ATTS
    Options
    shouts to Doc Rivers for keeping it real.

And in his first meeting with Clippers All-Star Chris Paul after signing on as his new head coach, that motivation began immediately. From Yahoo Sports:
    "As professional athletes, you always want someone to push you and motivate you," Paul said. "The first meeting I had with Doc, he pretty much told me I wasn't anything. He told me I hadn't done anything in this league, and he was right. [\b]You don't always want somebody that's going to tell you what you want to hear."
    via Doc Rivers lets Chris Paul know he still has work to do - Yahoo Sports.
    Paul flourished in New Orleans under a similarly tough approach from Byron Scott. And honestly, at this point, he needs the motivation. He's cemented himself as the best point guard in the league to a degree where he has little left to accomplish on a personal level. MVP is unlikely with LeBron James still breathing, his All-Star and All-NBA nods are locks. But quietly (far more quietly than it has been with Carmelo Anthony), there's been the murmurin of critics who question why Paul has never advanced past the second round, why he's only won two playoff series in his career.[\b]
    With new superteams like Houston, you have to expect there to be growing pains, time for adjustment.

Yeah....CP3 is on the melo status...he has to start winning now

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thunder G Russel Westbrook out 4-6 weeks after having arthroscopic knee surgery
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Nelly....

Why he hate kobe soooo much? did kobe refuse an autograph or ? his girl?

tumblr_m561fp7LhC1qdq5u6.gif
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    It was already known to OKC fans that Russ would miss the start of the season from Media day. Had some swelling during pre-camp workouts.

*shrug*

I want him back when he's Russell-Ready, not just to see his face.

“Russell has been incredible in his work and rehabilitation. He has been pain-free and has performed at a high level during practice, but has experienced recent swelling that had not subsided,” said Sam Presti in a statement. “
    After careful consideration and recommendations from the medical team, we elected to do the procedure today based on our consulting physician’s belief that the swelling would be alleviated, and in turn give Russell the best chance for sustained performance throughout the season and beyond. During the procedure it was determined that the source of swelling was due to a loose stitch, and fortunately we were also able to confirm that the meniscus has healed properly.”
  • DaBull
    Options
    wow Russell with another surgery ...the West is gonna be a ? shoot.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Damn Nelly....

Why he hate kobe soooo much? did kobe refuse an autograph or try to ? his girl?

a3nqqc.gif