What are Ross' plans for Stalley?

Options

Comments

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    I made a Stalley appreciation thread and even I aint readin all that Op lol

But its simple really: Stalley is not that type of artist. Imo everything he does on MMG is xtra, its gravy. B/c everything about his personality and his content points towrd a Currensy, Z-Ro, Bishop Lamont type career. The thing they all have in common is theyre all not...worldly/trendy/dumb enough to pop. Wale is. Meek is. All these silly new nggas are lol Asap rocky, Big Sean, etc.

And thats exactly why I ? wit Stalley. Every rapper, especially in this day n age, is not meant for the masses.

Currensy is hotter than Stalley tho....
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    I made a Stalley appreciation thread and even I aint readin all that Op lol

But its simple really: Stalley is not that type of artist. Imo everything he does on MMG is xtra, its gravy. B/c everything about his personality and his content points towrd a Currensy, Z-Ro, Bishop Lamont type career. The thing they all have in common is theyre all not...worldly/trendy/dumb enough to pop. Wale is. Meek is. All these silly new nggas are lol Asap rocky, Big Sean, etc.

And thats exactly why I ? wit Stalley. Every rapper, especially in this day n age, is not meant for the masses.

Currensy is hotter than Stalley tho....

Currensy is my ? , I'm bumpin Bales right now, but I think Stalley has a slight edge on him, he seems like he's constantly evolving compared to what Currensy is doing. But still it goes back to the KRIT debate: should you change with time or keep doing the thing that made people pay attention to you in the first place? I think it should be a blend of the two
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stalley doesn't have a solo album deal to drop an album with. Rick Ross signed him to Maybach Music but that's a vanity label. Atlantic or Warner Bros. is gonna have to open a budget for a Stalley album. Wale did the work on his own to get buzz - Ross added to it. Meek did the work to get his own buzz - Ross added to it. Stalley isn't doing enough to get his own. Ross can't hold nobody's hand while he tries to recover from this horrible career year he just had.
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Post some.dope Stalley Bars!
  • Kellmill
    Options
    @kalecrunch. He was spitting some real shot on power
    Circle
  • KingKemet
    KingKemet Members Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh and the Currensy and Stalley comparison. They're both my Gs and I rock with both of their catalogues heavy, but Stalley has way better content than Currensy hands down. Stalley touches on all aspects of life while when I think Currensy, the first thing that comes to mind is weed, cars, and just general MC ? talkin.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know what ross is doing but he's ? up
  • MaddRapper
    MaddRapper Members Posts: 341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every label has a Memphis Bleek.

Bleek had 2 Gold Albums one of the 1st behind Jay to have a album off the Roca-fella label. Stalley would be better off if he was Bleek
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingKemet wrote: »
    First things first, the writing in the original post is very well done other than it looking like a wall of text. I would suggest breaking it down into smaller paragraphs and throwing some indents in their fam. Good writing though.

About Stalley. I think that Ross knows that Stalley isn't going to blow up on some super major ? . Stalley remains with MMG because he brings a bit of balance to all of the big boy money talk, dope boy, pistols, etc content that MMG rocks with. Yea Wale balances it out also, but Stalley does it on some other ? (can't really explain it right now). As much as people talk down on Ross, he seems to be a fairly intelligent dude. With that said, I don't think its even about maximizing a profit with Stalley. Ross is making sure that a platform is available for a conscious artist to be heard. What better platform than MMG, one of the biggest names in the game, can give an outlet like that to feed the masses with that real life talk.

Of course I could be wrong, but I think things are playing out exactly how they want it to play out with Stalley. Ross is a hip hop head through and through and appreciates the likes of artists like Common and other conscious spittas through history who know how to blend real reality with a bit of street spit mixed in to touch them types of people.

Stalley is going to build and maintain a solid fan base that rocks with him through the thick and thin. As far as Stalley not being observed much running with MMG. Tell ya'll something, if you from a neighborhood environment you should already know why. I don't like using ? playground name calling, but for the sake of getting this point across I'll go ahead and throw something out there. Stalley doesn't run much with them dudes because he's basically like the hood cool square ? if that makes any sense. Its hard to describe some of this ? in words but if you're from the hood you know what I'm talking about. I can smell that ? a miiiile away by just looking at his gestures and body language when he's around some of them ? . He's very awkward. He's from the hood but probably wasn't fully IMMERSED in the hood, feel me? Its not arrogance at all, he's just not comfortable with the lifestyle that he's been thrust into. Probably not a party dude and doesn't go out much, pretty simple.

post makes a lotta sense, i could see others describing me the same lol
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In the immortal words of Jae Imillz " u should ve stuck to ball my ? "
  • Kellmill
    Options
    @kingkemet damn that's real ? fam. I agree with everything you said, even the currensy comparison
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are no classics, if there is no wood.
  • KingTut23
    KingTut23 Members Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    Options
    hes got somethin cuz I was jammin Savage American Journey
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like his music, I thought he woulda signed wit the Jets. He seem like he would fit well them ? , and I like the songs he's done with Spitta. Plus it would be less pressure, seems like it would be anyway. Go to the studio anytime you want, do some shows, smoke weed constantly and promote your ? on Twitter heavily. Seem like the JetLife recipe for success,
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? i don't think any mmg spawn of rick ross has had the success level of memphis bleek tho. Meeks had one hot mixtape under mmg (DC2) the rest have not had much buzz. Wall-e also hasn't really done much either. mmg's business model is making mediocre cookie cutter music with the same topics over and over covered up in good production to make it appear that the ? is better than it is. The best thing mmg does is have a very good video log series along with top not production. Everything else is aveage. MMG is like that basic ? that uses unique angles and shading effects to make her look better than she really is.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is it always the next mans fault in online arguments. ..it ain't on ross its on stalley
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lyricist on a Label that doesnt promote lyrics not a good fit.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Rick Ross plans for Stalley gotta be ridin through the hood with 10 bags full of double whoopers & when Rozay running out of breath Stalley gonna let Ross inhale sugar cane
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Inhale suger cane
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Inhale suger cane
    You spelled sugar right the first time ?
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    not a stalley fan but threadstarter went in with that op
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every label has a Memphis Bleek.

Bleek went gold on his debut