Is B.o.B officially a f**k ninja?

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with a Hip-Hop artist making songs with other genre artist but the ? he has made outside of the genre of Hip-Hop is so ? cookie cutter Pop

now this i understand, even tho im cool wit it, airplanes does sound cookie cutter, matter fact bob took it after lupe turned it down i think

This the ? I'm saying though. His ? from before was like on some authentic southern bluegrass / funk ? .

The ? that has made him famous? That Bruno Mars and Taylor Swift ? ? That is cookie cutter pop garbo. The 'pop' ? he was making before is not like the 'pop' ? he's making now.

airplanes and so good are probably his only songs that i would describe as "cookie cutter", mainly because they seem manufactured for anyone to lay a verse down on it, not necessarily cuz they sounded like typical pop, but there are plenty of songs listed that showed that bob would eventually take it that route anyway, good songs, so ion really think he changed up anything, just kept it versatile
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kamp123 wrote: »
    All I heard is that boy a pop, all I heard is that boy not
    Top 5 on any list (okay), but I moved up about five slots

Some pass one, high as ?
    I don't see ? 'til I look down
    Just turned my crib to the ? spot
    You are now welcome to the kush lounge

My first mixtape, they all said I sounded like Dre
    Then they said my album was pop, didn't really sound like the mixtape
    Now I'm doing what I started, now they telling me I changed
    I hear underrated so much you would swear it was my name
    Ain't no rappers on my list
    Come holla at me when you're done riding each others ?
    25 million singles worlwide, I'll guess I'll take another hit

Matter of fact I find this rap ? boring, man I'm over it
    Give me my guitar pick, I'll show you ?

That doesn't sound like a ? who doesn't care about respect in a genre. I think yall are missing the point. There isn't ? wrong with him being multi-genre. The issue is him feelin' left out of some sort of top Hip-Hop accolade, when his supposed niche is being multi-genre. If he didn't feel some type of way, then it wouldnt show up in his music. When he throws shots like that, it makes him seem uncomfortable with what hes doing. The very act of doing a track with Taylor Swift is ? ? ? to some ? . The act of complaining about lack of respect in a genre your not applying yourself in fully is ? ? ? to most ? . Cake and eating it situation.

I like both these tracks for the record.

didnt know he said that

This the joint right here. The song actually slaps, but this ? must be delusional if he thinks people are going to take him seriously when his catalog and image is all over the place. Nobody is slighting his talent. But trying to get the fame and bread that comes from a pop career, and then turning around and expecting the same respect a pure Hip-Hop career entails is ? ? ? . You can't have both without some serious finesse.

Imagine this ? Ice Cube doing a record with Britney Spears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l72IZMfh1yw

That doesn't even make sense. He never claimed to be a gangster rapper. And on the other hand he's doing the exact same thing Ice Cube did in another form of entertainment which is not keeping himself in a box.

I didn't say he did. Ice Cube comparison isn't about being a gangster rapper. Its about being a Hip-Hop artist in general. Ice Cube's kiddie movie ? came years later, and is a completely separate form of entertainment. The ? still keeps it pro-black in his ? , unless your referring to something else.

Years later is besides the fact. He still changed what he was doing whether u wanna admit it or not. BoB hasn't changed anything he was doing since he came out so I don't get what you're saying. Only thing that changed was instead of him doing the poppy hooks, it was a different artist doing it. In case u hvnt noticed, Hip Hop(rap music) is a little bigger than being just ? street music. It did begin as party music or nah?

His mixtape joints didn't sound like stuff that prepubescent white girls would hear as background music on there favorite t.v. shows though.

• sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Some pass one, high as ?

That doesn't sound like a ? who doesn't care about respect in a genre. I think yall are missing the point. There isn't ? wrong with him being multi-genre. The issue is him feelin' left out of some sort of top Hip-Hop accolade, when his supposed niche is being multi-genre. If he didn't feel some type of way, then it wouldnt show up in his music. When he throws shots like that, it makes him seem uncomfortable with what hes doing. The very act of doing a track with Taylor Swift is ? ? ? to some ? . The act of complaining about lack of respect in a genre your not applying yourself in fully is ? ? ? to most ? . Cake and eating it situation.

didnt know he said that

This the joint right here. The song actually slaps, but this ? must be delusional if he thinks people are going to take him seriously when his catalog and image is all over the place. Nobody is slighting his talent. But trying to get the fame and bread that comes from a pop career, and then turning around and expecting the same respect a pure Hip-Hop career entails is ? ? ? . You can't have both without some serious finesse.

That doesn't even make sense. He never claimed to be a gangster rapper. And on the other hand he's doing the exact same thing Ice Cube did in another form of entertainment which is not keeping himself in a box.

I didn't say he did. Ice Cube comparison isn't about being a gangster rapper. Its about being a Hip-Hop artist in general. Ice Cube's kiddie movie ? came years later, and is a completely separate form of entertainment. The ? still keeps it pro-black in his ? , unless your referring to something else.

Years later is besides the fact. He still changed what he was doing whether u wanna admit it or not. BoB hasn't changed anything he was doing since he came out so I don't get what you're saying. Only thing that changed was instead of him doing the poppy hooks, it was a different artist doing it. In case u hvnt noticed, Hip Hop(rap music) is a little bigger than being just ? street music. It did begin as party music or nah?

His mixtape joints didn't sound like stuff that prepubescent white girls would hear as background music on there favorite t.v. shows though.

Exactly.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Some pass one, high as ?

didnt know he said that

You can argue time frame, but Ice Cube doing pro-black entertainment in a different form of media is not the same as BoB maneuvering genres. Your also putting to much emphasis on the change, when that isn't my point. The point is, doing some records with Wyomissing PA suburban ass, Caucasian Taylor Swift is considered ? ? to some ? . Catching feelings over not being considered great in a genre in which you aren't apply yourself to a majority of the time is also ? ? to some ? .

lol callin it ? ? is a bit extreme but yea I get what you're saying and can't really give him all the blame while I'm at it. He is or at least was on Atlantic records and we know how they operate.

With that said, I respect dudes talent and have most of is early stuff but hvnt heard his 2nd or 3rd album yet.
  • sr_the_freshman
    Options

Some pass one, high as ?

didnt know he said that

You can argue time frame, but Ice Cube doing pro-black entertainment in a different form of media is not the same as BoB maneuvering genres. Your also putting to much emphasis on the change, when that isn't my point. The point is, doing some records with Wyomissing PA suburban ass, Caucasian Taylor Swift is considered ? ? to some ? . Catching feelings over not being considered great in a genre in which you aren't apply yourself to a majority of the time is also ? ? to some ? .

lol callin it ? ? is a bit extreme but yea I get what you're saying and can't really give him all the blame while I'm at it. He is or at least was on Atlantic records and we know how they operate.

With that said, I respect dudes talent and have most of is early stuff but hvnt heard his 2nd or 3rd album yet.

I can respect that.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Some pass one, high as ?

didnt know he said that

Exactly.

Me personally, I don't have a problem with the dude doing music with all different types of artist but it seems like instead of them trying to meet at a middle ground with his main art-form (ie.,Hip-Hop/Rap) he always goes straight to there's.

It's like he is being featured on there damn song, when it's actually the other way around

• Stew
    Options

Some pass one, high as ?

didnt know he said that

Exactly.

Me personally, I don't have a problem with the dude doing music with all different types of artist but it seems like instead of them trying to meet at a middle ground with his main art-form (ie.,Hip-Hop/Rap) he always goes straight to there's.

It's like he is being featured on there damn song, when it's actually the other way around

That's what some of these major's do. We seen it with the Lupe record. U sign the contract, put the song they want out or you get shelved. Again, hvnt heard his 2nd or 3rd album but his first one wasn't completely like that although it was a tad bit disappointing.
  • sr_the_freshman
    Options

Some pass one, high as ?

didnt know he said that

Exactly.

That's what some of these major's do. We seen it with the Lupe record. U sign the contract, put the song they want out or you get shelved. Again, hvnt heard his 2nd or 3rd album but his first one wasn't completely like that although it was a tad bit disappointing.

He had a choice though dawg. He did not have to sign that contract. He had plenty of talent and other avenues to make it, deal wise.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Some pass one, high as ?

didnt know he said that

Exactly.

exactly, i thought he was having problems even gettin the album out with atlantic then all of a sudden few months later, nothing on u and airplanes, same thing ended up later happening with lasers
  • Stew
    Options

Some pass one, high as ?

didnt know he said that

Exactly.

He had a choice though dawg. He did not have to sign that contract. He had plenty of talent and other avenues to make it, deal wise.

Absolutely but I guarantee u they don't tell u what records they want u to put out until u sign that contract. He could've said nah I'm good and went indy and had a few hundred thousand dollars less in his pocket. I'm not blamin dude at all, I prolly would've done the same thing. *shrugs*
  • MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and ? kid cudi lame brain cutter music...

you ? are in your 20's and still full of teenaged angst... grow the ? up.
    chin the ? up.

listening to that ? aint gon make your day better.

LMAO this ?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    He's not switchin up genres to please no damn hip hop heads...He's always made all kinda music...BOB is Cudi but from the south, less erratic, and with way better rap/instrument skills...If he feels like rappin circles around ? , he will...And when he feel like singin or doin some simplistic pop ? , he does...He's always been that way...

But u do know Cudi>>>Bob

Right ?

Rightttttt?
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BOB can spit but I think he's a nice version of BEP. N*gga been dropping commercial trash, doing collabo's with pop acts like Bruno Mars and Taylor Swift, but I ain't mad at him. @ the end of the day it's a job to him and he wanna make money, similar to Will.i.am.

I'm not mad at him but I can't support him neither...
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just can't respect this dude anymore
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never liked his music. The only song I enjoyed was "Nothin on You" because of the beat and the hook.
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    You can tell the pressure got to him. When people kept saying ? about him & his music it got to him.

The funniest part was when he got on Hot 97 & Breakfast Club earlier this year. Since he tried to go another direction musically he was trying to explain the hardships in his life like supposedly living in a house without doors or whatever it was. Only later he said in the Hot 97 interview that it only was a temporary thing for like 3 months & it was for a particular reason so it basically wasnt a struggle lke that, lmao.

The pressure's getting to him. Not a fan but it's the typical hood struggle. He's being him, doing music he wants & because it ain't aggressive dope dealing-murder-? music ? ? on his existance.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    You can tell the pressure got to him. When people kept saying ? about him & his music it got to him.

The funniest part was when he got on Hot 97 & Breakfast Club earlier this year. Since he tried to go another direction musically he was trying to explain the hardships in his life like supposedly living in a house without doors or whatever it was. Only later he said in the Hot 97 interview that it only was a temporary thing for like 3 months & it was for a particular reason so it basically wasnt a struggle lke that, lmao.

The pressure's getting to him. Not a fan but it's the typical hood struggle. He's being him, doing music he wants & because it ain't aggressive dope dealing-murder-? music ? ? on his existance.

I never thought about that but it does make sense. He even said growing up he was into rock music and stuff.

He is trying to appease to Atlanta, which radio only play trap songs. Also he is on TI label, so he has to keep up with them for that hood ? .

Dude probably wanna make all kinds of music, but based where he at, he has to resort to hood ? to maintain respect and get respect in his city.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BOB been a ? ? since his first pop single sounding album. ? airplanes was one of the most annoying songs of (whatever year it came out).
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    He's not switchin up genres to please no damn hip hop heads...He's always made all kinda music...BOB is Cudi but from the south, less erratic, and with way better rap/instrument skills...If he feels like rappin circles around ? , he will...And when he feel like singin or doin some simplistic pop ? , he does...He's always been that way...

But u do know Cudi>>>Bob

Right ?

Rightttttt?

Foh
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    b.o.b. was born a ? ? :FNDNA
    tyler the creator killed him with one bar and
    kendrick caused him to ether himself
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That desire for street credibilty has ruined many a career.

B.o.b was well on his way to a Pitbull, Flo-Rida type philthy rich crossover career, but he seems to want that 'street cred'

Ima tell you nggas right now. I dont got damn love hip hop that much. If i'm Bob, I'm makin jingles and soda pop music the rest of my natural life, and not lookin back.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm just gonna say it... ? street cred. That ? is just as bad as going pop. All that ? does is perpetuate stereotypes that our oppressors created, just to entertain ? ? that keep those stereotypes alive and don't know anything else. BOB is a lyrically sharp rapper and a decent instrumentalist. Why shouldn't he expand his sound with the talents he already has? Plus ? wouldn't buy his ? if he did get ignorant, let alone listen to it. His core base understands both sides of the fence. As long as he keeps that balance, he's good.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He can spit.

I ? with that new joint he got with Future, it goes in.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.